Thirteen

I'm a Rockstar

The hospital was very white and reeked of sterilizing alcohol, the environment just about made Eunhyuk feel like he belonged on one of those gurneys, waiting for treatment of his own.  But then he remembered why he was there and the smell suddenly didn’t become so bad.

Luckily after what seemed to be an eternity of yelling for help, someone had heard his desperate pleas.  Thank goodness the person had forgotten his umbrella at the park and noticed the urgent situation and called for an ambulance immediately.  After being rushed to the hospital, the doctors took Donghae into the examination room and started the long process of finding out what was making him so sick.

So now here Eunhyuk was, anxiously in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to tell him what was wrong with Donghae and more importantly, would the only thing he held near and dear to him be ok.

As the singer continued to bite his fingernails while staring at the extremely slow second hand on the clock in anxiousness, the doors suddenly burst open and in walked 4 very familiar, pissed off people.

“You see Hyukjae? This is where being a complete gets you.” Heechul would have jumped on Eunhyuk and beaten him to a pulp if it wasn’t for Siwon restraining him.  The diva resisted but gave up after realizing he was no match for Siwon’s strength.  He still sent Eunhyuk a pretty nasty scowl however. 

“Yeah Hyukjae, Heechul’s right, you’re a complete for treating my best friend like that.” Sungmin chimed in, drawing out Eunhyuk’s real name, adding fuel to the already rapidly growing fire in the singer’s heart.

“Yah, Kyuhyun control your pet.” Eunhyuk managed to get out while fighting the urge to get up and punch Sungmin straight in the gut. 

“You know what? No. Min’s right, if it wasn’t for your stupidity, Donghae wouldn’t be here suffering from god knows what. If that’s how you show your love for him, I’d really hate to be your boyfriend.” Kyuhyun scowled, getting right in Eunhyuk’s face. 

Kyuhyun felt the singer’s hot breath on his face as Eunhyuk seethed in rage, fists balled up in Kyuhyun’s collar. 

“You little , I swear if you say another word I’m going to-“

“Excuse me but is one of you Eunhyuk by any chance?” Eunhyuk released poor Kyuhyun’s collar and turned to the man in the white coat.  Kyuhyun took this good opportunity to run back into Sungmin’s protective arms. 

The singer swallowed a lump in his throat, “Yes, that’s me.”

The doctor gave a slight smile before continuing, “Well first off allow me to introduce myself, my name is Dr. Choi.” The young doctor said as he pointed to his badge clipped onto his white jacket. 

When he saw the lack of response from any of the males standing in front of him, he laughed awkwardly and continued.

“Right, well after extensive testing, I’ve come to the conclusion that Donghae has a serious case of pneumonia.  He’s probably had a cold prior to getting the virus, but only severe conditions could have brought on such a strong strand of the virus.  May I ask if Donghae has been in any unusual conditions lately?” Dr. Choi asked, glancing up from his clipboard to Eunhyuk who remained quiet. 

“Yeah Eunhyuk, why don’t you tell us all what happened?” Heechul sneered from behind the singer.

Eunhyuk took a deep breath and puffed out his cheeks, “I messed up alright? I messed up really bad and-“

“Damn right you ed up.” Heechul interrupted.  Siwon gave his boyfriend a look saying ‘shut up or you don’t get any tonight’ which shut the diva up immediately.

Shifting his weight awkwardly to his other foot, Eunhyuk continued, “I said some things that I deeply regret now and I guess Donghae heard me say them and got upset and ran away.”  He paused and sniffed back the forming tears in his eyes. “I found him in the park and he was drenched from head to toe from the rain.  He was going in and out of consciousness and I called for help right away.”

Seeing his now tearing band mate, Siwon stepped forward and embraced Eunhyuk in a comforting hug. 

“I’m sorry, I’m so stupid.” He cried into Siwon’s  shoulder, completely losing it.  If anything did happen to Donghae , there would be no one else to blame but himself. 

“It’s ok, I’m sure he’ll be just fine.” The stronger one reassured the singer.

The doctor cleared his throat, reminding the band of his presence.  “Well that would explain his current state.  But rest assured, if we continue the IV drip for a couple more days Donghae is going to make a full recovery.  It’s just lucky you found him when you did, the situation could have been much worse.”

Eunhyuk immediately turned around to face the doctor, “Wait so you mean he’ll live?”

The doctor chuckled and nodded. “In fact, you can see him if you would like.  He’s a bit drowsy however. Oh and one person at a time please, we don’t want to overwhelm him.”

Eunhyuk glanced back at his bandmates, all gesturing him to go first.  He looked at Sungmin who he would have expected to insist on seeing his best friend first.  But even he nodded his head in approval, hint of anger still on his pretty features. 

The singer followed the doctor to the farthest room down the hallway, 212 the door read.  The doctor nodded to him and left Eunhyuk to have his privacy. 

Eunhyuk bit his lip in anxiousness before opening the door. 

On the bed laid a very drowsy looking Donghae, lines coming out of every part of his body which were hooked up to countless machines. 

“Holy Hae you’re ok.” The former sighed a breath of relief as he ran over to his boyfriend’s bedside, embracing him. 

Donghae smiled lightly as he hugged back, glad that Eunhyuk was the first face he saw when he woke up. 

“Do you know how worried I was about you? God Hae don’t ever do that again.” Eunhyuk tightened the hug.

“Hyukkie, can’t breathe.” 

“I’m sorry babe. I just can’t believe you’re alive.” The singer leaned in for a kiss this time and boy was it passionate.  

Donghae broke away after feeling the lack of oxygen get to him and stared at his boyfriend’s face, smiling.

“Why are you smiling Hae? Shouldn’t you be super mad at me?” The singer looked down at Donghae, confused.

“I know you didn’t mean it Hyukkie, you stuttered when you said it and we both know you only stutter when you lie.” He beamed a knowing smile.

“But why did you run then?”

Donghae sighed and looked down, “It still hurt Hyukkie.  You made it sound really real.”

“Hey, it’s ok. Look at me.” The elder placed his finger under Donghae’s chin, lifting it to connect their eyes.

“You know I love you right?” he whispered in the softest tone.  The latter nodded.

“And you know I meant none of what I said right?’ Another nod came in response.

“Then let me prove it to you.” Eunhyuk smirked while softly the younger’s now confused face.

“Wha-“ Donghae was interrupted by another kiss.

“Just wait and see babe.”


I'm not even gonna try to aplogize for my like 5 month hiatus. UGH LIFE JUST GOT SO BUSY /sobs/
I finally got to updating this and I hope you all enjoy it! Merry early Christmas gift I guess?

 

One more chapter to go after this guies! I'm gonna miss writing this so much :'( But I've got some new ideas brewing and I can't wait to get started on them!

 

Comment/subcribers are amazingly apperciated <3 Love you guys! ^^