Eleven

I'm a Rockstar

The last two minutes had been a complete blur for Eunhyuk, in fact he knew from the start that this interview wasn’t going to be like the others, and he was right.  As soon as the band got to the studio, they were all instructed by their manager to follow every word that the teleprompter had on it, and they were not to ask any questions.  But being the diva he was, Heechul had been infuriated with the new idea of a teleprompter and got into a heated argument with their manager about allowing them to say what they want and that he should trust them to not say anything to risk the band’s delicate reputation.

Wrong, completely wrong. Eunhyuk thought to himself when he heard his bandmate say that.  Any chance of confessing about Donghae flew out the window, and if the topic did come up, well he would just have to pray that it wouldn’t. 

So now here Eunhyuk sat and so far the interview had gone smoothly, mostly consisting of small talk about the band’s music and experiences.  But when it came time to answer questions from fans, Eunhyuk got this sick feeling in the pit of his stomach telling him that this would not go over well, he closed his eyes momentarily to brace himself for the worst.

“Eunhyuk-ssi, are you alright?” The host asked when he saw the singer close his eyes and sigh deeply.  Eunhyuk nodded with the fakest smile on his face.

Reassured, the host continued with the questioning, glancing at his card and then looking up at Eunhyuk again. “Well, it looks like this next question is for you Eunhyuk-ssi.”

Eunhyuk grasped the fabric of his pants in nervousness and anticipation and nodded, encouraging the host to go on.

“So Eunhyuk-ssi, there have been a lot of speculation and rumors going around saying that you have a boyfriend now?  Would you like to address these rumors?” The host asked, eyeing the singer in anticipation.

He knew it, he knew that question was coming but he still froze when he heard it.  His mind went momentarily blank and his heart was racing in fear; with panicked eyes he looked to his band mates as if they would tell him what to say, but Kyuhyun and Siwon just gave him sympathetic looks while Heechul was trying so hard not to burst out laughing at his obvious struggle.  Stupid Heechul. 

Behind the camera, he could see their manager pointing to the teleprompter and even though Eunhyuk was completely against the idea, it was the only thing he had if he didn’t want to dumbly sit there without saying anything.

He looked at the screen and as the words scrolled into view, he repeated each one he saw without giving it any thought.  When he was finished, he felt immediate relief wash over him, at least he didn’t make himself look like a complete fool.  But his eyes immediately widened in shock when he realized the true meaning the words held.  As soon as the camera panned away from him and onto another member, the first thing he did was give their manager the dirtiest glare for he knew he had planned this all along.

His mind then shifted to Donghae. Oh god, what would he think? Well that was a stupid question, he knew what the younger was thinking.  Anger, disappointment, sadness, confusion, regret, and most of all mistrust was probably what Donghae was feeling after hearing Eunhyuk’s statement when he had clearly promised.  He wasn’t the only one who knew he had screwed up big time, when he looked beside him he saw Kyuhyun shaking his head at him and whispered, “Sungmin is going to whoop your for saying that.”

The amount of sudden self hate Eunhyuk suddenly felt was almost indescribable, he felt like he wanted to stab himself in the stomach with a knife.  He knew there was no way in hell that Donghae was going to forgive him, not this time.  It wouldn’t matter how many times he apologized or what he would say or do, he had blown one of the best relationships he had ever had.  He could practically feel the heartbreak that Donghae was going through right now, and it was all because of him, stupid, selfish him.  

Eunhyuk felt his chest tighten, his breath start to come out in short labored breaths and he felt a pool of tears threaten to spill in his eyes.  He had to get away from all this and find Donghae, and he had do it fast before the younger did something stupid and reckless.  He wouldn’t be able to live with himself if something serious happened to his precious Donghae.  Most of all, he had to explain the situation to the younger and tell him just how much he loved and treasured him. 

With that thought, he abruptly stood up, detached his microphone and threw it to the ground creating a ear-piercing screeching feedback sound, but he wasn’t in the mood to care.  With one last look at his fellow members, he stormed off the set and bolted for the door only to be stopped when the band’s manager grabbed his arm.

“Who do you think you are to walk out in the middle of the interview? Do you know what this does for your image?” The manager growled in a low voice.

Eunhyuk didn’t even bother answering, he merely pulled away from his manager’s iron grasp and walked out of the studio, leaving the loud bang of the door closing to fill the quiet, awkward atmosphere of the studio.

==

As soon as Eunhyuk stepped outside, he felt a raindrop fall onto his face.  He wiped it off and looked up, it was raining and it was raining hard.

Perfect, he thought miserably.  Then he remembered why he was out here, he had to find Donghae and even faster now that it was pouring and the younger could get wet and get sick if he was out in this weather.  He knew how fragile Donghae was even if the latter hated to admit it.

The first place he thought of looking was obviously the dorm, so with that thought in mind he ran to his car and started the engine.

When he got to the apartment, he didn’t think twice and bolted up the stairs, all 21 flights, his heart racing with every floor he passed.  When he finally made it to the door, he unlocked it and stepped inside just to be greeted with silence and darkness. 

“Hae, you home?” He called into the dorm, hoping and praying he would get an answer.  But the only sound that filled the seemingly large, empty dorm was the hitting of rain on the windows.  He looked into every room only to come up empty, but when he stepped into their shared room, he immediately sensed that something was strangely out of place. 

His gut feeling was confirmed when he saw the half empty closet in the corner of the room.  Sometime, Donghae must have come and packed all his belongings and ran off to god knows where.  Eunhyuk could feel that dull, aching feeling in his chest that he hated consume his being once more.  He had to at least hear the younger’s voice just to know that he was safe.

He pulled out his phone and dialed Donghae’s number with shaky fingers only to hear the younger’s phone ring somewhere in the room.  He looked over to the sound and walked over to the bedside table and took the still ringing phone.

He silenced the piercing sound and was left with a creepily quiet, dark room.  He couldn’t be bothered to turn on the light, all his mind was consumed with was Donghae’s whereabouts and his own stupidity.  He kicked the bed in growled out in frustration, anger, sadness, self-hatred, worry, and all other overflowing, overwhelming emotions. 

The sudden attack of emotions was so much that it made the singer go weak at the knees, forcing him to sit on the bed trying his best to not pass out.  Trying unsuccessfully to calm himself down, he thought of the possibilities to where his boyfriend could be – if he could even still call him that.  But no matter how hard he thought, his clouded, disoriented mind came up empty.  

Eunhyuk ran his hand through his hair in frustration and looked around the dark room, as if that would help him find the answer, but of course it didn’t. 

He wanted with his every fibre in his being to fix this ed up misunderstanding, he had to.

Hae, babe where the hell are you?


KSOOOO I'VE BEEN A TERRIBLE AUTHOR AND HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE FOOOOOREVER.

I APOLOGIZE! and hopefully this chapter can make up for it? Maybe....ok maybe not. /runs and hides in a corner/ T__T

So where's Donghae run off to? You'll have to stick around to find out! (omg that sounded really cheesy and commercial like XD)

But I love you guys soo much for still reading and subbing even though I didn't update, you guys are amazingly awesome <3

Hopefully, I'll update soon. and just a heads up, the story's probably gonna be done within the next 2 chapters, but I already am planning out my next fic, so hopefully you guys will look forward to it.

K i'm done rambling. >.<

Comments and subcribes are greately apperciated <3