Twelve

I'm a Rockstar

The vibrating sound of the phone clutched tightly in Eunhyuk’s hands broke the eerie silence surrounding the singer as he continued to sit on his bed, worrying.

Without giving it a second thought, he answered the call hoping deep down that it would be Donghae on the other end calling to tell him he was ok.

‘Donghae? Hae, are you there?’ a female’s voice greeted Eunhyuk’s ear before he got the chance to say hello.

‘Who is this?’ He asked in confusion, why would a girl be calling Donghae?

‘This is Jessica, who’s this?’

‘It’s Eunhyuk’

Then came a relieved sigh from Jessica, ‘Oh thank god it’s you and not some creep that has Donghae’s phone.  Speaking of him, he is with you right? He ran off in tears after watching you guys’ interview.’

He finally started putting together Jessica’s confusing words; she must have been the ex-girlfriend that Donghae was going to lunch with while the band went to do their schedule which included the horrific nationally broadcasted interview. 

Wait, did she just ask if Donghae was with him? .

The singer swallowed uncomfortably before answering, “N-no he’s not, I was actually going to ask you the same thing.  He must have come back to the dorm though, his luggage is gone.’

‘, he could be anywhere.  Why the hell did you say that anyway, you know how much Donghae loves you!’ It was Jessica’s turn to lecture him about what he had said, like the hours of beating himself up over it wasn’t enough, this just made his guilt worsen 10 fold.

‘Listen, not to be rude or anything but trust me I know how badly I ed up and I want to fix it.  Do you have any idea where he could be? It’s absolutely killing me not knowing if he’s ok.’

‘Well at least you do care, I still think you’re an for saying what you said though.  But I have no idea where Donghae would go, he’s always been very unpredictable.’

Eunhyuk sighed, this Jessica was right, he was an and he had no problem owning up to it.  But right now he was getting nowhere and it was pissing him off.  It was late, dark and to top it off raining heavily; he needed his Donghae safely back in his arms.

‘Please Jessica, think, anywhere that could mean something to him maybe? Just anything would help, you’re my last hope.’ It had to come to the point where he had to beg, but he didn’t care, whatever it took.

Jessica heard the desperation in the singer’s voice and she wanted to help, she was worried about Donghae just as much as Eunhyuk was, if not more so.  She knew Donghae had the tendency to do stupid things whenever he was upset.  She closed her eyes momentarily trying to think of anything that would be useful.  She suddenly snapped her eyes open as a thought suddenly hit her.

‘Well there is this one place.’ She started but trailed off.

‘Yeah?’ The singer encouraged anxiously.

‘There’s a park that Donghae would use to go to all the time with his mom, it was their favorite place to go.  When she died, he requested to have her buried there and whenever there was anything bothering him, he would go to that park and talk to his mom about it.’ She chocked back a sob when she finished, recalling the bad memories.

Hope surged through the singer and he thanked Jessica before hanging up.  Running purely on adrenaline and hope, he ran as fast as someone with a healing leg could to his car.

It turns out that finding the park was harder than Eunhyuk had initially thought as he circled around another grassy area but coming up empty.  He was about to give up and drive back home to devise another plan when something caught his eye.

Through the thick rain, he could just barely make out a familiar figure curled up in a ball on a bench in the middle of a grassy patch of land.  Going on purely instinct, Eunhyuk got out of the car and walked over to the pathetic looking outline.

Being the idiot he was, he had forgotten to bring an umbrella but quite frankly he didn’t really give a damn at this point, if it really was Donghae, nothing else mattered. 

He approached the figure and the closer he got, he more detail he could make out.  The figure had their back to Eunhyuk and from the broad shoulders, the singer confirmed it indeed was a man and he was shivering quite violently.  He had a couple of sheets of newspaper covering him making him resemble a homeless person even more.

Eunhyuk knelt down next to the man and extended a hand and placed it on the man’s shoulder while slowly trying to turn him around so he could see the face.  When he had successfully done so, his instinct was confirmed, it really was Donghae. 

The first thing that hit the singer was relief but once he caught sight of the younger’s face, a pang of guilt struck him right in the chest.  Donghae’s face was soaking wet yet the tear stains were still visible, his hair was drenched and stuck to his forehead, and his eyes were closed and his eyebrows were furrowed as if he was having a terrible nightmare.  He was mumbling incoherent words and it was so soft that Eunhyuk had to lean in closer to hear what he was saying.

“Hyukkie, please don’t leave. I love you.”

There was that pang of guilt again and add on the terrible state of his body, Eunhyuk could feel tears of his own start to form in his eyes.  He wanted to hit himself all over again, he wanted to take every single hurtful word he had ever said and just hold the younger in his arms, comforting and loving him.

“Hae, wake up.  Everything’s ok now, I’m right here. I’m so sorry for everything and if you could just open your eyes I promise I’ll make it up to you.” He tried as he used his sleeve to wipe away the wetness from the younger’s face. 

 He waited, but nothing happened, Donghae’s eyes were still fluttered shut, long eyelashes getting wet from the rain again.  Eunhyuk tried shaking the latter’s body but still nothing happened.

“Please Hae, don’t do this to me. You can’t just leave me alone like this, I need you.” He begged, now with tears running down his own face and body soaked to the core.  His clothes were wet and clinging to his body and he could feel the shiver run through his body, but that was still the last thing he noticed right now.

Still, Donghae didn’t open his eyes making Eunhyuk’s heart ache that much more.  He threw his own body over Donghae’s, shielding him from the rain and holding onto him for dear life while tears continued running down his face.

Please, please pull through Hae.

After what seemed to be forever, Eunhyuk felt a shift under him and as soon as he glanced down, he saw Donghae’s eyes slowly flutter open. 

“Hyukkie?”

“Yes Hae it’s me. Thank god you’re ok.” The singer whispered, hugging Donghae’s still shivering figure tightly.

“Why are you here? I thought you hated me.” Donghae whispered as he squinted his eyes, trying to make out Eunhyuk’s figure through the raindrops.

“I never hated you Hae and I never could.  I’ll explain everything to you as soon as we get you somewhere dry ok?”

Donghae looked up at Eunhyuk’s face in confusion and then a small, sad smile formed on his lips. “I don’t want to move Hyukkie, I’m comfy here. Don’t take me away from my mom, please.”

“I don’t think you get it Hae, you’re soaking wet and you’ve been out here for god knows how long.  We need to get you dry, so come on.” The singer urged, but Donghae wouldn’t budge.

“Calm down Hyukkie, I’m ok. I’m just a little sleepy, I’m gonna take a nap.” Donghae said in a tired voice as his eyes began to close again.

“God, Hae you’re delirious. Keep your eyes open, please. I’m going to call for help.” Eunhyuk begged, but to no avail as the younger’s eyes shut and he became once again unresponsive.

He was about to reach into his pocket for his phone when he remembered he had left it in the dorm.  More tears of frustration poured out of his eyes as he hit the bench in anger. 

He took off his sweater and draped it over Donghae’s body for some protection from the rain.  Eunhyuk knew something had happened to his boyfriend and if he didn’t get help soon, who knew what would happen.

“Help! Please, somebody!” He shouted out into the rain but apparently to no avail.  He continued yelling for help as he hugged Donghae’s body.

Hang in there Hae, we’ll make it through


AND I AM A TERRIBLE AUTHOR FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE OVER A MONTH.

OTL FASGNWRFJEOIRGEJ I'M SO SORRY! I've been so crazy busy T__T I really hope this chapter makes up for it.

Next chapter's gonna be the last one most likely.

I SUPER APPRECIATE ALL THE SUBCRIBERS LIEK SERIOUSLY YOU GUIES ARE AWESOME! /hugs all of you/ <3

Enjoy!
 

Comments/subcribers are GREATLY appreciated <3