Chapter 5∞

넌 나의 오빠... 반대로 (You Are My Oppa... The Other Way Around)

"...yeah, Hoya's the worst out of all of them. He treats me like a lowlife. Like a dog. Like I'm just a used napkin on the street," you groaned into the phone to Hyeri.

"I never thought that Infinite would be like that. What about the rest of the members?" Hyeri questioned.

"Sunggyu's an irresponsible leader, Dongwoo's nice but, he doesn't like showing it in front of everyone else. Woohyun's so egotistical. The first time he saw me, he was a total flirt. And he's dating Hyuna. Sungyeol's violent as hell, he doesn't know how to control his strength. L is just... L. What you see on T.V., that cold and mysterious image, is exactly what he is. But he has some weird, intimate relationship with his camera. I don't know," you shuddered at the thought of the real side of all the members.

"What about Sungjong?"

"Jongie? Oh, he's amazing. He's like the sister I never had. He knows how to talk to me, how to get me to laugh; he's just astonishing," your shivers immediately went away when thinking about Sungjong. He was your favorite after all.

"I wish I could come visit," Hyeri whined over the phone.

"I'll see if I can persuade Tablo into letting me have guests over," you chuckled, "But I really have to go right now. It's late and the walls are thin in this apartment. Hoya's room is right next to mine so he gets mad when I talk at night and ruin his "beauty sleep"." you shook your head.

"Alright, update me on how it goes!" she said as you hung up. You fell into your bed and dropped your phone onto your chest. Before I got here, I never wanted to leave. But now... When is this thing over?


"EVERYONE WAKE UP," you were woken by the sound of an airhorn and a loud voice through a megaphone. You groggily rubbed your eyes and stretched your body out. 

"What the hell is going on?" you heard Sungjong grumble as he threw his teddy bear onto the floor. "SHUT UP." He put his pillow over his head. Just then, the door to your shared room busted open and multiple figures walked in. 

"Lee Sungjong. Did you just tell your CEO to shut up?!" the figure said into the megaphone next to Sungjong's bed. You looked at the group of individuals and your mouth dropped open. Epik High. Tablo, Mithra Jin, and DJ Tukutz were all staring at Sungjong, waiting for him to get up. And behind them, a camera, sound, and lighting crew.

"Get your out of bed!" Tablo yelled angrily towards Sungjong and turned to you. You began bracing yourself for the scoling you were expecting but instead, Tablo's furrowed brows smoothed out and his lips curled up into a smile. "Good morning, Jiae. Sorry for barging into the room. We need everyone in the living room." The three men stepped out of your room and headed to the next one with the show crew following behind them.. You heard the airhorn and the megaphone go off, followed by the yells and groans from the infinite members. You and Sungjong exchanged glances and shrugged. You checked yourself in the mirror, pulled a hoodie on, and dragged yourself to the living room, falling onto the couch. Sungjong followed shortly behind you and the rest of the members followed suit slowly after. Tablo, Mithra, and Tukutz all stood in front of the eight of you and crossed their arms.

"I know you're all wondering why we're here," Tablo started.

"To annoy the hell out of us," Woohyun mumbled, earning a glare from Tablo.

"That too but, there's a different main reason," Tablo gestured to the cameras, "we have a mission for "You Are My Oppa." All of you, minus Hoya, perked up and began listening attentively. Hoya, on the other hand, was still half asleep. Tablo held out a mission card, "Who wants to read it?" Woohyun and Sunggyu's hands shot up but Tablo didn't think twice about who he wanted to assign this task to. Tablo approached Hoya's swaying body on the couch and hit him on the head with the mission card.

"Lee Howon, I think you could use a wake up call," he took Hoya's hand and placed the mission card in it, "Read." Hoya looked up at Tablo, frustrated, but realized there were cameras around and gave a light smile.

"Of course, boss. Anything for you," Hoya cleared his throat and tried to make out the words on the card through his drained eyes:

To Infinite and Jiae

Today you will receive your first task on the show. Everything before this was just a warm up so, be prepared. Starting from tomorrow, Sunday morning, each member will take Jiae on a one on one brother-sister date for the entire day. Being that there are seven members, this mission will take approximately a week. At the end of ths week, Jiae will rank each date in order from 1, being the best, and 7, being the worst. The member to receive the first place spot will go on a three day, two night trip to Jeju Island with Jiae and one other member. The member to receive seventh place will receive an embarassing punishment. 
The order of the dates for the week will be chosen at random.

Hoya finished without being able to process anything of what he had just read. "What?" Hoya furrowed his brows at Tablo.

"Seven dates, best wins, worst loses, best gets trip, worst gets punishment, date order chosen randomly," Sungjong retorted, "Pay attention god damn it." Hoya wanted to smack Sungjong across the head but held back as he was surrounded by cameras.

"Thank you Sungjong," Tablo clapped his hands and two crew members rolled a spinning dartboard into the living room. There were seven spaces and each space had one of the members' faces on it. "Jiae, please come forward." You complied and walked towards Tablo. He handed you a dart and spoke, "I'm going to spin this board and Jiae is going to throw the dart. Whoever it lands on will have to plan a date for tomorrow. Jiae, are you ready?"

"I'm ready," you nodded and stood a couple feet from the dart board. Tablo used all of this strength to spin the dart board as hard as possible. You closed your eyes and prayed in your mind, Anyone but Hoya, anyone but Hoya. You gripped the dart in your hand and aimed at the board. You closed one eye, trying to avoid Hoya's space. ANYONE BUT HOYA. You screamed in your head and threw the dart. You heard the dart clasp onto the board and held your hands together, still praying, as you watched the dart board slow down. All the Infinite member's had their eyes on the dart board. The suspense was killing you. Please. Please. Please. The dart board came to a stop and you shut your eyes. You couldn't bring yourself to open them. Anyone but Hoya, anyone but--

"HOYA!" a voice screamed. You opened your eyes and turned your attention to the Infinite members. They were all patting Hoya on the back. No way. You turned your head towards Epik High who were all staring in Hoya's direction. It can't be Hoya. You hesitated to look at the board but when you did, surely enough, Hoya's face on the board had a dart stuck in his left eye.

 

 


 

 

 

OMG YAY. NEW SUBSCRIBERS. HELLOOO. WELCOME TO MY FAMILY.

I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY READING THIS STORY AS MUCH AS I ENJOY WRITING IT. IT FEELS GREAT TO FINALLY WRITE AGAIN.

(The horrible news of Hoya not renewing his contract... But on the bright side, they still have L. I was thinking about kicking out Hoya from the story since he isn't part of Infinite anymore but, he's plays a vital character in this story so, I'm just going to keep him.)

(Hoyaaaa. ;-; I wish you only the best!)