Chapter 3∞

넌 나의 오빠... 반대로 (You Are My Oppa... The Other Way Around)

A couple of days later, you walked into school for the first time in a long time. You pushed open the front doors and the second you took one step in, all eyes were on you. You were used this all this popularity but, something about the gazes seemed different. Rather than stares of admiration, they were stares of hatred. All the girls glared at you and mumbled mean things as you passed by. You started to worry. What if I become the most hated girl in the grade? I can’t afford that… It’ll ruin my image at school… You bit your lip.

"She needs to get away from my Infinite oppas."

"That . She better be treating my oppas well."

"I bet you she's going to try to have with all of them."

You blew on your bangs and heaved a sigh.

“Jiae!” you heard someone call. You turned around to see who called your name. You saw a figure running towards you. Who…? You waited until you were able to make out the face of the figure and when you finally were able to, your eyes widened.

“D…Dongwoo oppa?!” you whispered loud enough for everyone else to hear. Everyone immediately looked towards the direction that you were staring in. And in a second, all the girls were screaming. You turned back around and sped up your pace.

“Jiae! Jiae!! H-help!? Jiae!!!” you heard Dongwoo yell. You ignored him and kept on walking. You had this guilty feeling in your chest and you kept arguing with yourself. Should I go back and help him? No. You need to get to class. But what if he’s being mobbed?! You stopped walking for a second. Eh. He’s strong enough to fight them off. You continued to walk but you were still debating on whether you should go back or not. While you were arguing with yourself, you unknowingly bumped into one of the senior kingkas of the school. Yoo Youngjae.

“Ow…” you grabbed your ankle and hissed in pain. Youngjae kneeled down in front of you and looked over you from head to toe.

“Are you hurt anywhere else?” he asked. His voice sounded strangely familiar. You looked up at him and met his eyes. Something about those eyes… I’ve seen them somewhere. You examined his face. Where do I know you from?

“Hello? Hello?” he waved his hand in front of your face.

“Oh yeah. Sorry. No. Just my ankle.” you bit your lip to keep from crying. You looked down at your purple-red, swollen ankle and heaved a sigh.

“You need some help?” Youngjae asked you. You shook your head causing him to let out a soft laugh. He took your backpack from your shoulder and hung it over his own. He pulled you onto his back and went on his way to take you to the infirmary. When you guys arrived, Youngjae knocked on the door. The nurse sitting at the desk pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and stood up.

“What seems to be the problem?” she asked him. You opened your mouth to explain but, Youngjae cut you off.

“I accidentally bumped into heron my way to the main office. She may have twisted her ankle.” Youngjae set you down on one of the beds and set your bag on the chair next to the bed.

“You gonna be okay?” Youngjae asked worriedly.

“Yeah. I’ll be fine. Thanks.” You placed a pillow under your leg and tried to sit up.

“Oh no. You should lay down.” Youngjae gestured for you to lay back down. “Sorry about earlier.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“No, I’m sorry. It’s technically my fault. I had too much on my mind and I wasn’t watching where I was going. I’m just lucky that you didn’t get hurt.” you gave a warm smile.

“Well, whoever’s fault it is, I hope you feel better.” he smiled back. The two of you took a minute or two to just stare into each other’s eyes. And the both of you had the same thought, Do I know you?

“Well anyway. I should get going…” Youngjae cleared his throat, still staring into your eyes.

“Yeah you should. Sorry if you get in trouble for being late to class. I didn’t man any ha—” You were cut off by Youngjae’s sudden action. He moved his face inches from your face and stared longingly at you. Your eyes widened and you were too surprised to do anything. He cocked his head to the side briefly and pulled back, still gazing at you. You gulped and let outa breath you didn't know you were holding as he drew back.

“Jiae— Oh. What's going on here?” the voice said. Youngjae awkwardly broke the intimacy and looked towards the voice.

“Hoya…” Youngjae muttered. Hoya?! you thought.

“Youngjae. Nice job at Music Bank yesterday. BAP really made an impression.” Hoya replied.

“Thanks.” Youngjae coughed.

“I never said it was a good impression. But anyway, for a boy group member, you don’t seem to have much popularity in school.” Hoya smirked.

“I never wanted the popularity. Not that I don’t have any.” Youngjae rubbed the back of his neck. “But I have to go. I’m gonna be late.” Youngjae quickly slipped out of the infirmary and went on his way.

“What’re you doing here?” you asked Hoya.

“The nurse called me and asked me to come pick you up.” he replied blatantly as if it were no big deal.

“No cameraman with you?” you looked around.

“Nope.” He put his hands in his pockets. “But I have a question.”

“Go ahead.” You replied plainly. Hoya muttered something that you couldn’t hear.

“What was that?” you raised an eyebrow.

“Do you……….?” He mumbled again.

“What?” you were getting frustrated now.

“Do you have a thing with Youngjae?!” he said a bit too loudly.

“No.” you replied with a light laugh.

“What’s your relationship with him?” he asked.

“Why do you care?” you huffed. Yeah, why do I care? Hoya thought.

“L-let’s go…” Hoya grabbed your backpack and helped you up onto your feet. Hoya may be a total bastard but, he can’t just let an injured girl walked around on a bad ankle.

 

 

 

Or maybe, it was because he cared.


Sorry for updaing this story really late.... LOL. Hope this chapter surprised you. [: