Daragon - Change of Heart

The Double You!

 

After following Dara to the subway, I turned back and saw Jina on her way home. She asked me if I can accompany her on her way home. Of course I agreed. Besides, I have liked her since the day she lend her handkerchief. I know, that was lame. I'm still a teenager after all. I value little things or care that was shown to me.

Jina is a very nice girl. I like nice girls but I like them fierce too. Not the y type but more on the independent type. Someone who knows how to take care of herself but someone I can take care as well.

I was seing Jina as my type of girl but I have not been really vocal about it. Although, I show her I care, we never crossed the boundaries of being friends.

I liked her. Yes! Liked! It's in the past now. It's only been a couple of days since I met Dara but she made me realize that what I felt for Jina was mere infatuation.

Last night, when we were walking, my mind was flying to Dara and Seunghyun hyung. The possibility of them being together is just heart wrecking.

We arrived at her house and I waited for her to go in. But she just stood there...waiting.

"Hmmm..." I heard her clear . "Ji, is everything okay?"

"Oh! Ahm, yes. You may go inside now." I smiled at her.

"Ahm, you see... I was wondering if..."

My phone rang as she was speaking. "Hello?"

"Hello? Ji! Where are you?"

"Oh! I'm outside."

"Yeah! You know, I confessed to Jina today. I told her I like her. She did not say anything and just said that we'll talk later. Ji, I've been telling you about that girl, right? That's Jina. I think she doesn't like me the way I do. What do I do Ji?"

He says everything in one breath and I really can't answer him, having Jina beside me.

"Ah, let's talk about it later. I'll call you, okay?"

"Oh! Okay. Bye!"

"Bye. Talk to you later."

I can feel Jina's stare as I hang up the phone.

"Jina, I think I have to go now. I still have to talk to someone!"

I was waiting for her reply but she just looked down.

"I-I thought you like me Ji."

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded. I never once told her about what I felt for her. I merely made friends with her.

"I thought you like me! You were always sweet and concerned about me. But lately, you've been ignoring me."

"I'm sorry Jina. I think you may have perceived a wrong emotion from me. You are my friend." I figured it is best not to tell her about what I felt for her. Because, now that we're talking about it, it's clearer that I don't feel anything for her other than friendship.

"But Ji... YB is asking me to go out with him. I don't really like him. It's you who I want to be with."

"No Jina. Think about this again. I'm sure you only see me as a friend." I placed my hands on her shoulders to reassure her. "You sleep well tonight okay?"

She opened the door to their house and looked back at me. I raised my right hand to waved goodbye and smiled. She turned her back and walked inside without closing the door. I pulled the door close and stepped out. I walked home still thinking what happened.

I was waiting for her to like me back for how many months now. And now that she did, I cannot say I like her back. What happened?

Now, she's standing in front of me again. Something happened. I just don’t know what.