Breakfast or Date

The Double You!

We are now walking down the street to a coffee shop. This is really awkward. TOP has been really silent since we left the apartment. He barely looks at me. Why did I agree to go out with him again? Oh right!! Dara is a snail and we can't afford to be busted this time. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" I decided  to break the silence as we arrive in the coffee shop.

"Nah! Just some trail of a forgotten feeling..." He looked at me with an undiscernible eyes.

"I see." We took our seat and he went to get our drinks.

"Here... Toffee Frappuccino. Your favorite." He gave me my drink and sat across me.

"Wow! I didn't know they have this here." I said as I sipped my drink. I closed my eyes as I savor the taste of my coffee.

He was looking at me when I opened my eyes. Well, scratch that. Should I say, staring? Yes! He is staring at me. Gaah... Do I have something on my face? 

I quickly got the table napkin and wipe my lips with it.

I'm now getting uncomfortable with his stares. My feels like it's on fire as I move non-stop with his gaze pegged to me.

I couldn't help it anymore. "Yah!! Stop staring at me!!"

I picked up my coffee and walked out of the coffee shop.

I can feel his stares boring a hole on my back so I looked back and he caught my eyes. I abruptly stopped walking and waited for him. 

"Yah! What do you want? My patience is running out you know?"

He just stood in front of me and asked "Do you want to go to Lotte World or the Amusement Park? Do you have anything to do today?"

My eyes twinkled in excitement.Gaaahhh... "Lotte World. I want to go to Lotte World..." I excitedly exclaimed.

I saw his smile behind his mask and grabbed my wrist. He took out his phone and a few minutes after, a black car stopped in front of us. 

He opened the door and let me go in first. "Hyung, take us to Lotte World."

"Yah! Choi Seunghyun!! Do you know what you are doing? If YG hears this, you're so dead."

"Hyung, remember the time you asked me to drive for you and Anna-unnie?"

"Yah!" The manager looked at me and I just bowed my head in apology. Aisht... This TOP is really something. Even dared to blackmail his manager.

I smirked at the thought of his childishness.

"Hey! Are you laughing at me?"

"No. Of course not." I guiltily defended myself from him.

"Let's enjoy this day, okay?"

"I want a bear - a white one." I blurted out of nowhere.

He chuckled. "Who's the child now huh?"

 

We played several fighting games, Resident Evil and House of the Dead. We even played racing games. After some time, I tugged the hem of his shirt and pouted my lips towards the photobooth. He chuckled.

"Ah... You're such a child. Common!" He held my wrist and pulled me inside the photobooth. We took several photos. I got one set of picture and he got one set. Kekeke. We look really cute and silly in the pictures. Well, he got to remove his mask since the booth is covered.

"Whew! That was fun..." I said as I raised both my hands up.

"Come... We're not yet done."

"Huh? Where to?"

"You'll see..."

We walked towards the game where we can win a big white bear. 30 minutes passed and he is still trying to get the bear. I chuckled as I looked at his face, now with beads of sweat forming. I don't know if he's sweating because he is nervous or because he is concentrating way too much. kekeke.

"Hey! It's okay if we can't get that. I had fun anyway."

"Sssshhh..."

He brushed me off without looking at me.

Then... The metal clasp the white bear and we are now jumping, holding each other's hands like crazy lunatics.

"Weee...." I clasped my hands together as he quickly took the bear from the machine. 

I hugged it once he handed the bear over to me. 

"Hmmmm... SO soft and cuddly..." 

"That's just like me..."

"What did you say?" I asked him, unable to clearly hear what he said.

"I said, when you feel lonely, think of me as that bear. You can hug it anytime."

"Huh? That means me hugging you?" Gaaahh... Why is he being like this again? Does he know that the oxygen around me is depleted when he says those kind of things?

He leveled his eyes with mine and said, "Don't worry too much, arrasso?"

"Huh?" Now I'm more confused.

"Let's go. It's getting late." He extended his hands for me to grab it.

I looked at it and my hands voluntarily reached out... as if it has its own mind.

So we walked to the bus stop, with him wearing his beanie and his mask, and me, well, wearing my dreamy smile.

I loved this guy... Or was it 'love?'

I looked at him and realized that I am not over him for sure.

I let out a sigh as I looked back to our past.

 

 

Seunghyun's getting weird. He has been avoiding me since he came in at around 6pm. I work from 5pm to 1am.

It's unusual for he always go to the bar first to exchange conversations with me. It's been a week and Ionly saw him now. He didn't even text or call during the past week. 

And his friend, KimHyun Joong has been asking me out since last week.I told him I'm busy. He has become my friend but that's it. I enjoy his company but not in a romantic way. I can feel what he wants to do and I really don't want to ruin what we have now.

And this Seunghyun suddenly decided to ignore me. Way to go for a bestfriend. Just when I needed him most. It's been almost two years since we first met and he's always been there for me. Although I chose not to tell him about my family, he knows about my situation in Korea. He knows about my family but not in details. He knows how I work so I can study.

I limited giving information about myself. I am very reserved when it comes to that. He is my friend but I chose to hold back something for myself.

Was I wrong to always guard my heart?

Was he really the one?

I still have dreams to fullfill and a family to help. Now, he's drifting away. Was I wrong to not let my feelings for him go deep? Or so I thought? Has he crept his wat through my heart without me knowing it. Arrrggghhh....

Choi Seunghyun... you are driving me insane.

I decided to ignore him too. I'm very good at this anyway.

"Hey!"

"Hi!"

"I'm Sandra by the way.I just started yesterday."

"Oh. Hi Sandra! I'm Angel. Nice meeting you."

"Please take care of me."

I chuckled at her remark.She's a nice lady.

"How old are you by the way? Are you even allowed here?" I heard her chuckle a bit.

"Keke.I'm already 18 years old. I'm turning 19 this year."

"I see.I'm a noona to you. I'm 20 years old." She smiled at me which caused me to smile back.

"I'm going to go get orders first."

I nodded at her as I fix the bottles in my station.

I saw her taking Senghyun's order and she's smiling widely at him. He held her hands. I'm guessing she's introducing himself to Sandra.

Gaaahhh... This guy is such a flirt...

I felt a pinch in my heart but I brushed it off and turned my back on them.

"Kyaa... Angel... That guy invited me out."

"And you said yes?"

"Of course! Are you kidding me? He's handsome."

I looked at her face and she's flushed. Aisht this girl... Can't she even hide her feelings? Aisht...

I wiped my hands and went to the washroom...

After a few minutes, I stepped out of the washhroom and I saw Seunghyun leaning on the wall with his hands in his pocket.

I stopped to face him.

"How are you?" I managed to ask him.

"You look burdened." I asked again when he did not answer.

"How are you and Hyun Joong?"

"Huh?"

"How are you and Hyun Joong doing?"

"Ahh, we're okay. Why did you ask?"

"Nothing. Ahm, can you help me out with Sandra?"

"Whhhaat?" Arrghhh... This guy... He has the guts to ask me. Ouch... Ouch... Ouch... I feel pins and needled pricking my heart...

"I think... I-I think I like her." He stared in my eyes.

Arrrghhh... Did I not tell you I told you so? Yeah! That is my mind... blaming my stupid heart...

"T-that fast? You just met her today."

I stuttered but managed to ask him. Don't get me wrong. I may be a fashionista and a fierce one but I value relationship that much. I believe, to have a good relationship, friendship is a must. That's why I choose my friends carefully. keke

"Ahuh. You see...I once fell in love with a girl but she seems to only see me as a friend... and I think she likes my friend too."

"O-okay. And what does that have to do with Sandra and you liking her?"

He looked away. "I wantto forget about her."

I didn'tknow what to say... So, I just nodded at him and walked away.

It's painful.It really is. But I don't wantto lose whatever friendship I have with Seunghyun. He is precious to me so if this makes him happy, I'll do it for him even if it kills me...

Now, you're officially an idiot Angel... A CERTIFIED ONE...

 

 

We rode the bus and walked to YG silently.No words. It is as if our hearts are talking.There's complete peace. Like this...this is how it's supposed to be...