TDY 1: GONE is the FEELING

The Double You!

TOP's POV

I sipped the root beer I got from the Vendo Machine. I opened the door to the Conference Room and scanned the room for Dara.

There she is... sitting with her usual self. Silent and oblivious to everyone around her.

I guess this is the side of her that caused the feeling I once thought to be so strong to fade away.

The Angel I knew back then is completely different to the Dara I've been friends with. It's like they're two different people. I'm just glad it faded away. I thought I'll completely crash down when I learned that she left the coffee shop she's been working at, all of a sudden.

Then, she suddenly appeared in our training class...

I thought she followed me there. Kekeke. I chuckled at the thought. But she's completely different. I wondered if a person could change that quickly. I remember that day...

 

 

"Hi! I didn't expect you here." I approached her when she was finally alone.

"Huh!?" I saw the confused look on her face.

"Yah! Angel!!! Don't tell me you don't remember me? It's just a few months since we last saw each other!" I clutched my chest, pretending to be hurt by her sudden memory lapse.

I was taken aback... I think I saw something flash in her eyes. What was that? Hesitation? Confusion?

I woke up from my trance when I saw her smile.

"Yah! That's not it," she slapped my left arm as she chuckled.

"Oh, I thought you forgot me that easily. So... Your name is Sandara Park!? Why did you use Angel back then?"

"Oh.. that! Well, i think Angel is a good name. Ahaha." She hesitantly laughed. "By the way, could you please excuse me for a bit? I just need to use the washroom."

"No problem. Let's catch up later, okay?" I saw her nod and quickly ran to the door.

 

 

"Hey! T-O-P in the house..." I heard someone announced when they finally noticed my presence at the door.

I shrugged off the sudden surge of memory as I took the seat in front of Dara.

"Hey! You're spacing out again. Tch... You never changed, neh?" I chuckled a bit as I decided to tease this girl I once fell for. She turned to me and flashed her sweetest smile. I stared at her and searched for the feeling I've felt when I saw her earlier. Confusion totally flooded me when I didn't feel it there. I sighed as I think of the craziness of it all.

"Oppa!! Don't do that. The'y don't know me here yet.I only know Seven-oppa, byul-unnie, minzy, youngbae,you and jiyong. Well, I've met CL and Bom already." She whispered.

"Neh! Neh! You have a lot of stories to tell us." Then, I smiled as I shrugged every thought off. I guess I'm really an Alien for having felt something strange earlier, neh? kekeke

"By the way, how'd you know it's me YG signed up?"

I looked at her and smiled. "I have my sources."

"Aisht!! This man really. You never changed."

I laughed at her remark and she started laughing with me too.

That feeling was gone afterall. I don't know but I felt a bit disappointed.

 

DARA's POV

 

Angel called me a few minutes after she left YG's office.

She's totally freaking out when she met top oppa on her way out of the building. Kekeke. My sister is so into top. I can say so... Well, she's not aware but after being with her all our lives, I know she is. She always tells me stories of a certain Tempo whenever she called us, when she was still studying. She was a scholar at Seoul University, taking up Chemical Engineering. She has to work since I'm the one working for Mom, Durami and Sanghyun. She promised to be helping once she graduates. She was supposed to graduate in 2005 but when she learned about my invitation from YGE to train with them, she had to stop and focus on earning money for our family. She went back to the Philippines to work there.

Well, we're just glad things turned out well. She came back to Korea with Mom and Durami to finish everything. I earned some from the movies I made in the Philippines and she went back here, to prepare the house and her re-admission to Seoul University. I enjoy being in showbusiness so I don't really mind. Between her and I, she's the hardworker. But she says it's me. Kekeke. Sanghyun and I followed them to Korea when I have finalized things in the Philippines. That was just yesterday... And that was also the time I signed with YG Entertainment to be part of 2ne1.

I looked at TOP and I can see he's confused.

'I'm sorry Oppa? I can't really tell it to you now,neh? Unnie, wants it this way.' I wonder how he'll react one's he learns that the Angel he met before was not me.

Hmmm... I wonder... I just  hope things will turn out well between them.

I first met TOP when I first trained with YG. Good thing he mentioned I am Angel back then. I ran to the washroom to call my sister and ask if he knows TOP. Well, I knew him as Seunghyun back then. Apparently, he used Tempo as an underground Rapper. She didn't know what to do but she doesn't want to expose her identity too. She said I'm too famous to ruin my image. kekeke. Yeah yeah! My sister is my Number 1 fan... We worked out a plan. I decided to visit YG Sajangnim the day after and I requested for him to keep my real identity first and told him about my sister. I told him that, my fans in the Philippines also don't know that I have a twin sister since, by the time I became famous, she was already in Korea, studying. I managed to convince him when I said that my sister can substitute with me since she's a very good actress and singer also... perhaps even better than me. I'm her Number 1 fan too. It's a shame that she decided to pass on the opportunity to sign up with YG. Sajangnim asked her earlier if she wants to train as an actress but she said that she wants to finish her studies first.

"Jiyong-oppa!! When did you get back?" I heard CL exclaim. I snapped my head to the door and there he is, wearing his ever-famous smile.

When his eyes landed on me, I also saw that smile quickly vanishing. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

What now?! Can't he remember me? It's only a couple of years since we last saw each other. He looked away and smiled at everyone and chose to ignore me as he happily greeted everyone in the room.

"Yah! Jiyong!! Say hi to Dara!!" TOP suddenly blurted out.

I saw him turn to me and nod.

"Hey! What brought you here?" I can feel the coldness in his voice hovering in his voice.

I turned to him to answer only to bow my head again in confusion. I searched my stupid head for an answer...

"I-I'm back for good." I said as I fiddled with my fingers.

 

JIYONG's POV

 

I saw her there sitting while looking at me.

She's gone for a couple of years without communicating and now, she's here.

I felt a tinge in my heart as I gaze at her beauty.

Then, I remembered the news I read about her and her boyfriend.

She completely forgot about me and moved on... forgetting the friendship we've shared.

Well, I thought I communicated my feelings really well, when she was still here. But seeing she even made movies with her boyfriend, i guess she doesn't feel the same way.

I already forgot her, right? Arghhh... as if convincing myself more than anyone else.

I stared at her coldly. I'll protect myself this time.

I won't let her get through my defenses. The pain I went thru that time was unbearable. I don't want that again. I heard the room turned silent when the door opened and YG sajangnim came in.

"Hello everyone! So I guess you've seen her already. Dara have trained with YG before and she will be joining the new girl group 2ne1 starting today. She signed a contract with YG yesterday. Welcome to YG family, Dara!"

Everyone congratulated her and she smiled sweetly at each and everyone who turned to her.

"What now Jiyong? You're such a cry baby. You didn't even tell her you like her before she left and you're expecting her to feel the same towards you? The heck! You even kissed her and let her leave without saying goodbye." This conscience is really not helping. I ignored it as I felt a bit of a guilt feeling.

Gaahh... This is not right. I've expressed myself well to her. She should've known what it meant. Besides, it's been years... I got involved with a lot of women. I already forgot her. At least that's what I thought. But why is my heart jumping with excitement? This can't happen... No no no...