DARAGON - They MET

The Double You!

 

I'm nervous as hell right this moment. I just got off the phone with Angel and it seems that Seunghyun was 'the' Seunghyun who made her cry. She had a hard time and this guy doesn't know about me.

I inhaled all the air that i can and turned the knob to enter the practice room. I know I can do this. I learned this in the acting workshop. Whew!!

"Hey! Angel!!" I saw Seunghyun wave at me, inviting me to go to where he is.

My eyes focused on the man beside him. He has a boyish look and perhaps he owns the most expressive eyes. He's looking at me intently with a blank expression.

I walked over to them.

"Angel, I want you to meet Jiyong and Youngbae. Oh, and this is Hyun Seung."

"Unnie, I'm Minzy," the girl beside me introduced herself. She's really young to be a trainee. She must be very talented.

"Oh, hi Minzy!" I put my arms around her and turned to the others to bow. "Annyeonghasaeyo!! My name is Sandara Park. You can call me Dara.."

I saw Seunghyun flinch. "You can also call me Angel if you want Seunghyun-ssi."

I smiled at them sweetly and chuckled at Seunghyun's expression.

"Hyung! Gwaenchana?" Youngbae asked the big guy.

"Yah! Hyung... I thought you knew each other? What's with the shock expression?"

"Sorry. It's just that, it's just that..it's the first time I learned of her real name."

"Mianhe Seunghyun-ssi? I was still studying at that time and I am also Angel so I'm still one and the same." I know! What I said didn't make any sense at all. Silly for me to defend it that way.

I saw them all crease their foreheads.

"Yah! You can all just call me Sandy or Dara. That's what I'm used to anyways. Kekeke"

"A-angel... I mean, Dara... Oh, never mind." I heard Seunghyun asked and I just nodded at him being the oblivious person that I am.

"So, you are an actress in the Philippines?" Youngbae asked.

I nodded. "Ahuh! I auditioned in one of the reality talent search there and I got the second place." I smiled at him.

"Okay. So you're a good singer?"

My brows furrowed as I heard Jiyong asked. Did I just hear doubt in her voice?

I cleared my throat as I answered him looking straight in his eyes. "It is not just a singing contest. It involves acting, endurance, resiliency, dancing and singing."

This guy is strumming the wrong strings in me. I hate it when people doubt me. Tsk.

"Hmp. I bet it's not that famous."

"What?! Excuse me? ABS CBN is a large TV network in the Philippines. You bet, I got 500,000+ votes in the final night. They love me there!" I can't help but raise my voice in defense.

Hmp! This guy! Egoistic or just plain stupid.

"So, why are you here then if you are so famous there?" I saw him smirk.

"Aisht! Whatever? Can't I just train here because YG invited me to? What are you here for anyway? Are you some sort of a manager here?" I blurted out in one breath.

"Huh! You bet!"

He turned his back on us and went out of the room.

Tsk. That guy is just something. Too bad he's cute and adorable. Waaaht?! Dara, get yourself together.. That guy is just a plain 'jerk.'

“What's up with him?” I asked.

"Oh, don't mind him. He has his monthly thing, you know."

"Right. W-what? Huh? What monthly thing?"

They were all laughing when I did not get their joke right away.

"Ohh.. Right.. Monthly thing.. Like the one with the girls, right?" I asked them again trying to clarify things with them.

...And they just continued laughing their heart out. I guess the joke's on me huh?

"What? What did I say? Arrghhh.." I started stomping my feet in frustration.. Like what I usually do.

I placed my arms across my chest and waited for their laugh to die down. My forehead is now cracking with the creases that formed there.

"Ah.. Ah-bwahahaahaha.." Youngbae and Hyun Seung tried to say something but they seem to can't control their laughter. They continued with their laughing spree…

"Aigoo... These people... We just met and you're already dying with laughter."

They laughed yet again...

"Yaaah!! Stop laughing!!"

After a while, they stopped laughing.

"Omo.." It's Seunghyun panting after laughing uncontrollably. "We've known each other long enough but I never knew you were too oblivious."

"Huh?"

"Oh, never mind. As an apology, Youngbae here will treat us to your favorite barbecue." He placed his arms around my shoulder and Youngbae's.

"Me?"

"Thank you Oppa!" Says minzy.

"Hmmm.. I'm not a fan of barbecue but if they have ramen there, you're all forgiven."

"But... You love barbecue, right?" Seunghyun asked again.

"Oh! Ahm, of course. But I like ramen today.." Aigoo this guy really knows my sister.

"Okay. I'm treating you this time. Hyung will treat us to coffee. Right, hyung?" Youngbae looked at Seunghyun.

"Tch! You're really something dude." Seunghyun ruffled Youngbae's hair.

"Let's go then. I'm famished."

Everyone looked to the door where the jerk is standing.

"Oh, Jiyong. I guess we’re all here. Let's get going guys." Seunghyun stepped towards the door, still with his arms around me.

"So, Dara? You prefer to be called Dara but never once told me that."

"Sorry." Was all I can say.

"That's alright. But I feel like you've changed a lot for that span of time we did not see each other."

"Oh, perhaps because I became an artist?"

"Hmm.. Perhaps.” He nodded his head in agreement. “So, where did you go when we accidentally met a year ago?"

"Oh, I did not wait for you that time since I have to hurry to the airport. Sorry." Of course that's true. That day Angel arrived at the airport with red eyes. She told me everything.

"But I told you to wait for me. I did not even get your number that time."

"Well, it seems you have a date that day. I don't really intend to interrupt." I shrugged my shoulders as I saw the flash of pain in his eyes.

 

"You mean..."

"Yes. Your girlfriend. You were with her that day."

"But..."

"Yaah! You two.. Walk faster. We're starving." Jiyong suddenly stopped and waited for us. We're now on the stairs outside of the YG building. He looks straight into my eyes, obviously irritated.

"Unnie... Let's go together." Minzy also looked back and waited.

"Seunghyun-ssi, I'll just go with Minzy." I quickly ran to Minzy and passed by Jiyong.

I tripped as I took a quick look at him. I felt a hand around my waist and pulled me up.

I felt electricity all over my body as I stupidly let the person holding me, pull me up.

Nervous, I turned and I'm now facing the jerk's chest. I held both my hands to his chest as I tried to push him away. I looked up and saw a worried expression there.

"Are you okay?"

"Neh." My heart is now beating loudly inside my chest.

"Be careful next time. You're as thin as paper."

I was taken aback as he released me and walk towards the others.

"Unnie.. Let's go." Minzy called out to me when I did not move right after the jerk left.

I smiled at her and went with Minzy and the others. I shrugged off the confusion that’s starting to creep in my being. I hate this feeling.