eight.

In This Vast City Called Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tomorrow could not come soon enough. You wanted to see Kwangmin and his smile again. His gorgeous eyes and his silky looking hair.  You started to feel like one of those lovesick girls, waiting for their boyfriends. And tomorrow did come. Eventually.

 

You were working the espresso machine  in the back when the door opened and in entered Kwangmin. You couldn’t help but smile as he awkwardly walked to the front, looking for you.

 

 

“Is anyone here?” he asked softly, his eyes searching for anyone in the building.

 

You crept into the front when his head was turned the other way.

 

“BOO!” you yelled out as you made a somewhat scary face you thought.

 

“Yah!” He stumbled backwards until he realized it was you. His eyes were wide with surprise and looking at his shocked face made you giggle.

 

“Aish, that was not funny,” he said with a straight face, “I could have tripped and fallen on my face!”

 

“No, you wouldn’t. I would’ve caught you.” you assured him.

 

“Bwoh? Are you sure you can catch me?” Kwangmin asked with uncertainty.

 

“Ne, of course. You’re not heavy, are you?” you started to gauge his body. Yep, you could handle him, you were sure. He was pretty slender for a guy.

 

“Ne,” you told him, confirming your hypothesis. Then he grinned mischievously, it was one of those unsettling grins that boys tend to make. Evil yet cute. 

 

“Catch me!” he cried out as he started falling backwards. You were caught off guard by the shock of him falling. You managed to catch him, just before the two of you hit the floor. You were kneeling on the floor and ended up having Kwangmin’s head in your lap, his face looking up at you with a grin on his face.

 

“You babo! What would’ve happened if I couldn’t catch you?” you scolded him, tapping his nose. He continued grinning.

 

“But you did catch me. That’s what’s counts,” he declared matter-of-factly, while getting up on his feet. He held out his hand to help you up and you took it.

 

“Now, I’ve got plans for us today.” Kwangmin continued while still holding your hand.

 

“Oh really? Where are we going?” you asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

 

“We’re going to walk through the streets of Seoul! I figure I should we should explore the city,” he exclaimed happily. He pulled you out of the shop and into the streets.

 

“Ga ja!”


 

The two of you began to walk down the streets, looking at the shops and buildings. You hadn’t looked at the amazing architecture, yes, you did like architecture, and the beautiful parks and stores. You walked around, staring at the streets of Seoul and feeling the rush of passing cars. You could feel eyes on you and turned to see Kwangmin smiling.

 

 

“What?” you asked him. You had been pressing your face against a glass window looking at a pair of earrings. They were really pretty, a lovely combination of deep blue and silver. Then you felt a pair of eyes on you and you turned to see Kwangmin.

 

 

“Nothing,” he said defensively and you both began walking again. Occasionally, Kwangmin would talk about a certain store or vendor of how good the service or ood was.  Eventually, your stomach began growling. You had been so absorbed with your sightseeing tour that you had forgotten about food altogether.

“Are you hungry?” he asked concerned, “We can stop for lunch if you want."

 

 

“Um, that would be nice. My stomach refuses to go much further without any food in it.” you tried to explain.

 

“Oh? So your stomach has a mind of its own?” he teased you and poked your stomach.

 

“Yah! N-no it doesn’t! You should know! I just said it did!” you protested to the poking of your tummy. You swatted his hand away and began to run away from him.

 

 

He chased after you crying out, “Amy-ah! Wait! I thought you couldn’t go much further! Hajima!” Kwangmin chased  you down the streets with people staring at the two of you.

 

 

Eventually you both stopped in front of several shops, out of breath and panting. Kwangmin was standing next to you when he sneakily poked you in the stomach. Again.

 

“Stop it,” you protested weakly, still out of breath. Kwangmin just chuckled.

 

“Are you still hungry? I know I am,” he asked you while pointing at the restaurant that you were standing in front of.

 

The door was open and out wafted the mouthwatering scent of noodles and soup. You nodded eagerly and the two of you walked into the restaurant. A waiter appeared and showed you to a secluded table and your menus. After the two of you had ordered, there was a bit of an awkward silence. You felt maybe you should distance yourself, Donghyun didn't want the two of you together and you didn't want disobey.

 

“So, erm...” Kwangmin attempted to start. Then all of a sudden, you saw two boys glomp Kwangmin. One was punching him on the shoulder when he finally spoke.

 

“Eh, Kwangminnie? Why are you here?” Minwoo asked with a cute voice.

 

“Aish! Can’t I be alone for a few hours without you two?!” Kwangmin shoved the other two boys away from him.

 

“And don’t call me Kwangminnie!” Kwangmin added. Youngmin held up his hands as if to surrender. And then he turned to see you sitting right across from Kwangmin. He had a confused look on his face.

 

“We’re just here to make sure you don’t hurt yourself hyung.” Minwoo explained and when he saw you sitting there, he froze and turned to Kwangmin.

 

“You didn’t answer me hyung!" He pouted. " And why is Amy here too?” he added out of the corner of his mouth.

 

“Oh erm, well.....you see.....” Kwangmin tried to say but he was blushing furiously.

 

“I-I was...hungry and Amy here....she decided to eat with me....” Kwangmin managed to stutter. He looked at you with a desperate please-help-me kind of look.

 

“Yeah, I saw Kwangmin here and I decided to keep him company. Just to keep him safe.” you winked at the other two boys.

 

“Ah, good thing. Kwangmin’s been disappearing lately and Donghyun’s been worried about him.” Youngmin sighed with relief and sat down along with Minwoo. That's when you figured that they’d be joining for lunch.

 

“So, have you guys ordered yet? Because I’m starving!” Minwoo piped up. He looked around eagerly for a menu.

 

 

You saw Kwangmin mutter to himself but then he called out for the waiter to serve Youngmin and Minwoo.

 

The waiter returned with all of yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter