four.

In This Vast City Called Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

You woke up feeling strangely content. You changed into some jeans and a white blouse and walked downstairs to make breakfast. As you walked in the kitchen, you saw your parents sitting at the table, with coffee mugs in their hands and the newspaper hiding their faces.

 

Parents and their coffee...

 

You made a bowl of cereal, grabbed an apple and sat down at the table. After finishing your breakfast you looked at your parents, still engrossed in the paper.

 

"Appa, Umma. I'm going to go downtown to apply for that job okay? I've got my phone if you need me," you kissed their cheeks and ran out the door.

 

"Jennie, where did Amy go?" Mr. Park asked his wife, looking up from his paper.

 

"Aish, David! We just had this talk last night! You should remember since your oldest daughter is getting her first job!" She got up up from the table and grabbing the paper, whacked him on the head.

 

"Yah! No need for that! I was joking!" he said as he rubbed his head.

 

"Women nowadays."

 

 

 

 

 

As you walked down the street, you caught a glimpse of a guy in the shadows of the buildings. He looked at you with startling gray eyes and grinned, revealing his pearly whites. Then he disappeared into the shadows, leaving you staring at where he had been.

 

What a creeper...What's so fun about staring at random people who walk by? Oh wait. You people-watched with your dad when you were little. Never mind. It was fun to people-watch, but not openly stare.

 

You finally found the cafe with the Hiring sign in the window. You looked up at name and read 'The Coffee Bean'. You smiled at the quaint little name and walked to the person behind the counter.

 

"Annyeong haeseyo. I was wondering if there is still a spot open for hire here."

 

"Ah, yes. The spot is still open. I can take you to the manager and he'll ask you some questions to see if you qualify." The cashier gestured for you to follow and then walked to the back. There was a door with the sign 'Manager' on it. Then he left and walked to the front of the building. You swallowed and opened the door. You saw a middle aged man sitting a leather chair. He was reading some papers on his desk. There were a several paintings on the walls.

 

"Annyeong haeseyo. I was told to come here to talk about the Hiring sign outside."

 

"Yes, we need another employee since one of our employees quit. Would it be alright if I ask some questions? Just to make sure you have what it takes, even if it is just a job as a waitress. We want to make our employees the best."

 

"Go ahead."

 


 

“Thank you for answering my questions. According to your answers, I predict that you will be a great asset to this business. At that note, you’re hired!”

“B-bwoh? Ah, I mean thank you! Thank you very much!” you bowed and started towards the door.

“Ah, before you start, you’ll need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter