Ten

Tortoise and Turtle

 

Fangirls with posters, banners equipped with different kinds of cameras blocked Sungyeol and I’s way inside the café.

Sungyeol suddenly held my wrist and pulled me beside him. “I think we should use the back door,” he murmured to me with his face so near to mine.

I nodded nervously. Fearing that if I do more, our cheeks will touch each other.

Still holding my hand, we went together to the café’s back door. We the corner of the café’s block. And what I saw after is a wall.

“We have to climb,” Sungyeol said even before I could ask if we would actually climb it. It’s as if he read my mind. Or maybe, I’m just thinking the same way he does.

“You’re joking,” I shook my head then pulled my hand away from his. I’m feeling kind of awkward.

“No, I’m not kidding. Here, I’ll help you go up. Climb on my back,” he told me while bending his back beside the wall.

“What?”

“Just climb. Pull me afterwards. Go manager!” he cheered.

Smile.

My fear of falling down went away because of his smile.

I nodded at him then ascended on his back. He rose some inches to help me climb the wall immediately. I couldn’t believe I’m actually climbing a wall. I giggled after sitting down on top of it.

Sungyeol stood up and asked me curiously. “What’s funny?”

“Actually, it’s my first time climbing a wall,” I shyly confessed.

Sungyeol chuckled. “Thanks to my back.”

I laughed heartily. “Here, let me help you,” I offered him my hand. He then grabbed it and jumped suddenly. His upper part on the other side of the wall and his lower part on the other. His body in half by the wall, he’s faced down like planking and is wiggling too much. I laughed at his gawky posture but then quickly helped and pulled him. He laughed with me when he managed to sit comfortably at the top of the wall.

“That was a very awkward position,” he laughed then continued. “Ready to jump off the wall?”

Another first for me. I smiled at the thought that I do so many funny things with this guy. I hope there are more in the future. I wouldn’t mind.

I nodded at him. “On the count of three..” I trailed off. “1, 2..”

Then he jumped.

“Hey! I thought we’ll jump together on 3?” I asked laughing. He fell on his . “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” he assured me, laughing with me altogether. “I have to jump first so if you fall badly, someone will catch you,” he smiled.

I felt shivers on my spine. Why is he cheesy? Am I the only one feeling that he is? His count to three disrupted my thoughts.

“..2, 3. Jump!”

I jumped. My feet were on the ground and my jump was good. Sungyeol tried to catch me anyway so when I tried to stand up straight it was as if he’s hugging me. His arms are around my waist. He pulled away immediately but not before I heard my heart beat with joy. He then gave me an okay sign and praised me. “I didn’t know you’re a good jumper, manager.”

I laughed then turned to the back door behind us without looking at him. Afraid he might see my flustered face. “Thanks,” I shyly said.