Entering the Enemy's Territory

You're My Red String of Fate

She looked from left to right at the expanse of the space. She clicked her tongue and turned to look at the two people beside her. “You would think they would pick a less cliché place.”

Myungsoo shrugged, not surprised in the least. “N always had a fancy for cliché things like this. Although, I don’t know how much influence he had in this. K was always the one who went location scouting. I think he like this sort of ambiance more than N.”

Hoya grinned. “I, for one, kind of like this type of atmosphere. Dark, gritty, and oh so exciting.”

Soojin sighed and once again looked at the building in front of her, although it wasn’t fair to call it purely a building. It was what once used to be a working railroad station, now abandoned due to the lack of people using this particular one. It also wasn’t your typical off-the-road station either. It used to be a central station. This one was the size of a large warehouse with smaller sections added on.

And besides it being a run-down building, it was also a train graveyard. Broken-down trains littered the wide space outside as well as inside the station with the trains sticking out from the side.

The once brightly white colored station, now greased down with dust and dirt, made it a forgotten and desolate location. The old light poles were now broken and cracked with dusty webs hanging from every corner.

All in all, it wasn’t a place where you wanted to be.

 

“For a big organization like this, you wouldn’t expect that their hideout would be so…empty,” Hoya mused with slight amusement. But he was right, it seemed like they were the only three people alive in this lonely place.

Myungsoo frowned and checked his phone. “They said they would be here at ten. It’s ten-ten.”

“Mr. L!”

They turned to look the sudden exuberant voice, surprised to hear someone out of nowhere. A young man with dark brown hair and with even darker eyes waved with a smile. Two other boys followed him, one looking quite interested with bright eyes and dark hair and the other looking quite forlorn at everything with quiet and vacant eyes.

Myungsooo smiled lightly at them. “I’m not L anymore; it’s Myungsoo.”

The first boy who spoke frowned scratching the side of his head. “But you always will be known as Mr. L to us! Can’t we please call you that?” he pouted cutely.

Myungsoo gave him an unsatisfied look, but the boy kept on whining.

“Ken,” one the boys behind him finally warned in a quiet mutter.

The man stopped and pouted, shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant matter. “Fine. Myungsoo it is.”

Myungsoo shot the second boy a grateful look and stepped back to start introductions. “These are my friends who are here to help,” he introduced, gesturing to Soojin and Hoya. “And these are a few of the people who swore allegiance to me even though I didn’t want them to,” he said, emphasizing on the last part and gesturing to the three boys.

“Hoya,” the named person grinned, bringing his index and middle finger up to the side of his forehead and saluting them. “Nice to meet ya.”

“Soojin,” she said, bowing her head slightly and smiling at them. “I hope we get along.”

The first boy who spoke with the dark eyes grinned childishly. “Ken,” he said, pointing to himself. “The name’s Ken and I’m L’s–I mean Myungsoo’s self-proclaimed number one follower.”

The one who hadn’t spoken a word since waved with one hand. “Ravi. Good meeting you all. Myungsoo’s helped me a couple of times; I’m here to repay the favor.”

The last boy who had instantly quieted Ken with his name, simply gave out, “Leo.”

Myungsoo nodded. “Now that introductions are finished, how about we get down to business?”

“Question,” Soojin spoke up, raising a tentative hand up.

Ravi nodded his head for her to ask.

She bit her lip and looked at the fellow people in the group. “As much as I appreciate us getting straight down to business, I feel like we’re missing something important.”

“Whaddya want to know?” Ken asked with a chipper tone, bouncing on the soles of his feet.

“Um, things like is a revolt really happening tonight?”

“Yep!” Ken answered cheerfully.

“And you know because?” Hoya interjected with a raised eyebrow at the boy’s confidence.

Ravi shrugged. “The plan for one has been going around. It’s up to us if we want to join or not, but I’m pretty sure there’s enough support for one that it might be successful if everything goes as they planned. But then again, there are people who oppose it fiercely.”

“What about you guys? Don’t you guys care about what happens? I mean it affects what will happen to you afterwards, right?” Hoya insisted.

Ken and Ravi looked at each other and shrugged.

“Sure, but we don’t care about what happens to the organization. If the mutiny fails, we will still be working with them. If it succeeds, then we’ll just live out our lives without it,” Ravi explained.

“Then why are you helping out Myungsoo?” Hoya asked. “He’s, well, we’re planning on stopping everyone and end this thing.”

“We will follow Myungsoo to the end,” Ken answered confidently. “If he decides to end the organization, then we will help him. If he wanted to join back, then we would help him there as well.”

Soojin frowned. “You guys don’t really care what happens?”

They looked at each other and faced her again. “Nope!” Ken grinned with his teeth showing.

“These people are dangerous,” Hoya muttered quietly into Soojin’s ear. “I’m glad they’re on Myungsoo’s side.”

“Another question,” Soojin said. “Is it true that the leaders have split the organization into divisions?”

Myungsoo attention was grabbed by those words. “Yes, that’s right. I wanted to ask you about that too.”

Ken twiddled him fingers in excitement. “Yep! It happened a little after V became high-ranked. He convinced N that there was too many people for him to control so he suggested that they manage their own group but ultimately report back to N.” He paused and tapped his finger to his chin, looking up in the distance while thinking about that thought. “Though N still has the most people under his division, K has the second most, and V has the least. They don’t trust him enough to give him too much power.”

“Then what division are you under?” Soojin questioned.

“K!” Ken answered. “He checks up on everyone in his division but mostly doesn’t bother with us unless he needs us.”

“Any more questions?” Ravi asked.

Soojin shook her head but Hoya spoke instead. “I do.” He looked the three straight in the eyes. “Do you guys really intent to helping us?”

Their eyes darkened and Ken replied seriously. “We would rather die than betray Myungsoo.”

Hoya, satisfied with their answer, looked at Myungsoo and smirked lightly. “You got yourself some hardcore fanboys.”

“Now if there are no more questions…” Ravi finished. The three followers took a more serious turn, their eyes set with determination and a sort of solidity to them. They all crouched on the floor simultaneously while the other three followed suit.

Ravi pulled out a rolled out parchment and unrolled it, allowing all see the expanded length. A detailed map was etched out on the paper where he started explaining the sketch in his hand.

“We’re here,” he explained pointing the side closer to Myungsoo who was on the opposite side of the map of the three in the organization. “That’s the outside of the station.” He trailed his finger towards him toward the middle of the map. “That’s where N is planning on meeting tonight.” He circled that area a few times. “However, if we end up getting there after V starts up his revolt,” he murmured as he moved his finger to three different area surrounding the middle area, “It’s very likely he will take N there.” Then out of the three, he settled his finger on the one furthest from the middle area. “But I’m positive that he would pick this if anything.”

“You got it?” Ravi asked Myungsoo who had focused his attention back to the map and nodded at his words.

“Your maps were always the most detailed,” he praised.

Ravi smiled slightly, nodded back, and rolled back the map in its original shape.

“Hey! We weren’t done looking at that!” Hoya cried out.

Ravi stopped to look at him. “You didn’t need to. Myungsoo already memorized it.”

Hoya looked at Myungsoo in shock and shook his head. “Should have known. But what about if Soojin or I get separated from you guys or Myungsoo? How the hell do we move around?”

“ for you then!” Ken replied with a laugh.

Leo shoot Ken a glare who quieted down immediately at the look. He then pulled out two bracelets. “These are newly developed trackers. I already inputted the code in our phones which I will also need to do with Myungsoo’s. If you ever get lost from us then those bracelets will be able to let us find you again.” He looked at them with expressionless eyes. “But if you do something stupid, don’t expect us to save you.”

Soojin and Hoya took the bracelets from his hand. They were simple black leather collars with a small white stone embedded in the middle. They clasped it on their wrists and waited for the next plan of action.

“Ok, now that’s taken care of,” Ravi continued, “Depends on how you look at it, luckily or unluckily, there is actually going to be more security today.”

“Why?” Myungsoo asked with a frown. “There was never a need for security. In fact, there was no such thing as security.”

Ken grinned at him. “Things have changed since you left. N’s been targeted a lot lately. Plus, tonight’s the monthly meeting.”

“Monthly meeting?” Myungsoo repeated blankly.

“Yep! We lowly followers don’t really see N much, especially if you’re under K or V. I think he’s being exclusive or something. But every month, N calls all of together to hear what we’ve been doing, how far we’ve spread, and all that good stuff,” Ken replied.

“This is crazy,” Myungsoo murmured as he put a hand to his forehead. “N’s really taken this far.”

“It hasn’t been just N,” Ravi continued. “Actually, we noticed that V’s the one who’s been pushing a lot of these things. And oddly enough, N has taken them in consideration.”

“And since tonight N’s is actually to be seen by everyone, V’s planning on gathering his people to take him down,” Ken explained. “How fun.”

Leo stood up. “If you want to stop everything before it gets worse than it already is, then we better get going. But before that,” he paused and looked at Ravi who nodded.

Ravi pulled out three pins in a shape of a silver K. “Put this on. This says you’re under K’s division.”

“This way,” Leo motioned. They all stood up and followed him inside the station.

As they entered with Leo leading, Ravi and Ken right behind, and the rest behind them, Hoya asked, “So, this has been your base for a while, right? Why hasn’t anybody found this place out? I’m sure other people who aren’t in this organization would be all over this place if they knew where you were located.”

Ken flipped around and started to walk backwards with his hands behind his back. He grinned at Hoya. “N has a knack of gathering very useful people or people with very useful connections.”

Leo suddenly stopped. “We’re here.”

Soojin peeked behind everyone and looked around. They were right next to the brick wall and the railroad track. A telephone booth lined the wall with flickering light above them. “Um, I hate to say this, but there is no one here. And please don’t tell me that it’s going to be one of those things where you have to punch in some numbers into the phones and a secret passage opens up. Please don’t tell me that happens.”

Leo slightly smirked at her and picked up the second phone from the right. “I hate to tell you this, but yes, that is what exactly happens.”

Soojin gave him an exasperated look and turned to look at Myungsoo. “I’m guessing N likes this kind of stuff as well?”

Myungsoo grinned and shrugged. “He always liked watching those spy movies.”

They watched at Leo punched in some numbers into the phone and waited. At first nothing happened, but the floor began to vibrate violently causing the three newcomers to lose their balance slightly and the other three who were in the organization stood solid, untroubled by the powerful shaking. After a while the shaking diminished slowly as they watched as the wall next to the phone booths began to break apart and move slowly apart.

Leo walked in first, trailed by Ravi and Ken. The rest looked at each other in bewilderment and followed suit. Just as Hoya stepped through the threshold, the wall closed behind them. Once it did, small light fixtures near the ceiling lit up cascading further down the passageway which revealed stairs.

Hoya jumped a little at the sudden closure and looked at the rest in shocked confusion.

Ken grinned. “Good things you guys came in quickly or else we would have left you behind. Or let you get caught by the passageway.”

Hoya narrowed his eyes at him. “Not funny.”

“A freaking underground passageway?” Soojin asked as she peered down what seemed to be endless stairs.

“How did they even manage this?” Myungsoo murmured.

Ravi grinned. “Let’s just say that it took a lot of money, connections, and time.”

With Leo leading, they all walked down the stairs in a single straight line. They walked a few minutes until they reached the bottom where Leo put out an arm to indicate they stop. He opened the door and peered outside, bringing his head back in slight confusion.

“What’s wrong?” Ravi asked, seeing his expression.

Leo pushed the door fully open, letting them out and into the wider area. “This.”

Both Ravi and Ken frowned while the other three looked around in wonder.

Steel walls lined side as well as a steel flooring and ceiling. They were in large room that spanned at least a few hundred meters in all three directions. But for such a large space, there was no one there.

“I’m not seeing anything here,” Hoya observed. “I don’t see what the problem is.”

“That’s the point,” Ravi emphasized. “There’s no one here. This is the Hub. This where people go to get to one place to another. You need to pass here if you want to go anywhere. This place is usually filled with people. But there’s no one here.”

At the moment someone shouted, “Hey!”

They flinched as they turned to look at the person who yelled. The said person rushed over to them and asked, “What division are you guys under?”

Leo pulled his jacket open to show the silver K that he pinned on his shirt underneath. “K’s,” he responded.

The young man nodded and showed his own silver V letter. He looked at them suspiciously. “What are you guys still doing here? N’s meeting is starting soon. Very soon. And it might even end early.”

It was obvious that he was hinting on something more than simply being late to N’s meeting.

Ken popped his head behind Leo. “We were running late. I thought the ‘second meeting’ was going to start towards the end of N’s meeting.”

The man stared at him before visibly relaxing, assuming that they were on the same side. He leant towards them and whispered, “I don’t know if you heard, but V’s changing the time we start to once we see N instead waiting it out. He’s already got people on location to capture N as well as someone looking over K in case he does anything.” He looked at them and smiled with relief. “If this succeeds, we will finally be free. No longer will we have to fear that all our dark past will come out.” He nodded at them. “You guys better hurry and get in positions. Oh, before I forget, we got our tech guys seal off Entrances three, eight, and ten. You guys just came through ten, right? Can’t get out through that way. Just a head’s up.”

“Just wondering,” piped up Ken. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be manning the floor?”

The man smiled. “I’m seeing if there are any stragglers like you guys. Tell them the new plans and make sure they know what’s happening. If you see anyone you know with us, tell them what’s now happening. You guys good?”

Ken grinned and saluted him. “Yep!”

“Good. Now get going. Don’t want N getting mad or anything. Though he’ll be plenty angry soon enough.” He nodded and set off, looking for other people.

They were left alone in the expanse as they remained silent.

Hoya turned to look at Ken interestedly. “You seem to know a lot about their plan.”

Ken grinned and put up a peace sign. “It’s cause I’m so awesome.”

“Ken’s known for gathering information, especially word-of-mouth information. He also has an uncanny ability of knowing what information are true, rumors, or has been embellished,” Myungsoo responded instead. After a moment of thought, he continued. “Ravi has photographic memory and has a good understanding of the schematics of any building just from looking at the bare minimum of the plans or even from simply observing the building. That’s why his maps are the best. Leo here, he’s a terrific technology inventor. Those bracelets you’re wearing, I bet he made them himself. He’s also an excellent hacker.”

“Sure, why don’t you tell them everything?” Ken grinned at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo laughed back. “I felt like they deserve an explanation on what you guys do. That way, they won’t be surprised whenever you do something extraordinary.”

 “Fair enough,” Ken responded with a chuckle.

They started to head towards the central area where N held his monthly meetings.

Ravi looked around as they walked and tilted his head in confusion. “That’s odd. There is no security anywhere. Even if N decided to put fewer precautions, there is literally nobody here.”

Ken also peered around. “V’s group might have taken them out. Or they are with V’s group.”

“Either way, we’re here,” Leo proclaimed calmly, standing in front of a pair of double doors. He pushed them open, letting the rest in and they could see that it was packed, bodies standing extremely closely to each other.

The room was rather large, accommodating more people than they could see, and there was a small podium that towered above the main floor, similar to a balcony, with steel railing fencing it. The large crowd of people were milling around, some talking to each other in hushed voices, some standing solitary on their own where it was obvious that they wanted to left alone, and others glancing around, a nervous look flashing on their faces.

“Looks like we made it in time,” Hoya mumbled to them.

Leo shook his head. “Perhaps, but we still have to either find N or V. That’s your goal, is it not?”

Myungsoo looked grim, for the situation they were in was apparent to him. “If I find N, I may able to talk to him. If Hoya finds V…”

“I beat the sense in him,” Hoya finished with frightening calmness.

Ravi motioned to his hand to follow him. “I know how to get where N is probably is right now. And then leaving Myungsoo with him, I’ll lead Hoya to where V is most likely to be right now.”

They started to skim against the back wall, Ravi leading the way and Leo closing their line, trying their best to look inconspicuous as possible in order to avoid any unnecessary confrontations.

Soojin, however, stopped in her tracks, causing Leo who was behind her to suddenly halt as well.

He looked at her oddly, obvious that he wanted to know her intentions on stopping.

She was staring at the podium with discouraged eyes. “I think we’re a bit too late.”

The rest of the group heard her words and stopped to follow her line of vision to see N come out and stand in front of everyone. Everyone in the room quieted down to pay respect to their main leader.

He started to walk further out but was suddenly grabbed by the neck and forced down, banging his forehead against the steel railing. Shouts ran through the air at the sudden situation.

Soojin was jostled around from the people straining to see what was happening. Through her limited vision, she could make out N with his hands behind his back which was gripped by a man in a tight hold as well as someone else putting his hand on the back of his neck and back, making sure that he wouldn’t escape. V was standing in front of him, his mouth moving, but Soojin was unable to hear what he was saying through the distance and the loud confused murmurs from the audience.

V smirked and walked closer to the crowd. A microphone had already been set up earlier, and V leaned in closer to speak.

With a grin, he boomed, “Hello, everyone! You must be wondering what’s happening? And I would love to inform you that this is a rebellion. Your lovely leader N is going to suffer. And this disgusting organization shall be no more. If you understand our cause, then feel free to help us destroy this place. And if you feel more loyal to this organization, we will not hesitant to defy all your resistance. That is all.” He pulled back, but after a moment of pause, he leaned in said with a glint in his eyes, “Oh, and have fun everyone.”

“,” Leo murmured pushing Soojin down who was next to him down, as well as Ravi and Ken doing the same to Myungsoo and Hoya respectively.

Soojin uttered a small yelp with Leo’s action to her, but was also thankful for because with V’s words, the crowd morphed into a mob. People starting to beat each other up, others began to vandalize the place, while others were trying to escape.

Leo pulled Soojin close to him as the others were also being separated in the crowd, Myungsoo with Ravi and Hoya paired with Ken. As best he could with the loud uproar, he yelled to the others, “Get to safety. Ravi, bring Myungsoo to where V is holding N. Ken, do the same with Hoya. But see if you can also find out where K is.”

Leo tugged Soojin as they rushed through the crowd, dodging punches being thrown and people being pushed around. He led her to a small door which could easily be missed by any passerby.

He took out a key and opened the door, pulling Soojin in and closing the door on the chaos outside.

They were in a small room that had a table and several chairs around it and towards the other side of the room narrowed to a hallway.

Leo let go of Soojin and motioned with his head to follow him.

With no words spoken though she was burning with questions, Soojin took one last look at the door that separated them from the chaos. Knowing that there was nothing she could do but to follow Leo, she quickly rushed after him into the unfamiliar.

 


A/N: Things are getting heated. The rest of the Vixx members were introduced. I thought since half of them were already in the story, I might as well put the rest.

The story is coming to a close. I’m not sure how much more chapters are left but I’m assuming between four and six? Give or take. But let’s enjoy it as is for now.

Thanks for reading!