Ch. 4

Connecting the Pieces

Ok this was gonna be like a ton longer, but I chose to break it apart and decided to move some of the parts into the next chapter and continue those parts into the chapter after that. 

 

 

 

 

 

                “Huh? Why has my room turned into a white empty room? Where is my bed? , where are my B.A.P posters? Where are all of my posters, where’s everything?!”

 

Fynn could have sworn he returned home last night after his adventure with his hyung, so why was he in now in this strange white empty room?

 

            “Choose your path Fynn” a voice behind Fynn said.

 

Fynn turned around to find where the voice was coming from. Now, in front of Fynn was a somewhat small in stature, figure sitting in a chair. The figure was a girl Fynn figured, considering she was wearing an ivory frilly, lace covered dress with a light blue scarf tied in a bow in her hair.

            “Choose a door” she worded as her dark brown eyes stared into Fynn’s blue-green ones.

Dumbfounded, Fynn stared at her blankly, while being utterly confused about her statement. She finally gestured to something behind Fynn.

 

Almost on impulse without caution, Fynn turned around to gaze upon 4 doors standing side by side. Three of the doors had pastel colors which were dull and muted of intensity that left a somewhat unpleasant impression. The last door however, was different and absent of color. It was pure white, completely clean and free of chips in the frame like the other three doors. It was pure and perfect in appearance which drew Fynn in with great intensity. He wanted to go through that door more than anything at least, until he discovered that suddenly the name ‘Luke’ appeared on the door. No…He couldn’t go through that door now. Surely if Luke’s name was on the door, then it meant that Luka was behind that door as well. Fynn was not ready to face Luke, to face his feelings for Luke just yet. No, it was not time yet.

 

Fynn looked back at the girl sitting in the chair with a troubled look on his face and then turned back to face the doors. He didn’t want to choose any of the doors frankly, but there appeared to be no other way to escape that room other than those doors. He definitely did not want to be stuck in that room much longer though. He really didn’t know which door to choose, but Luke’s door was out of the question, so eventually he decided to go with the far right door which was a dull, dingy, blue-gray color.

 

Fynn turned the door handle and swung the door open. He didn’t know what was on the other side of the door, but he was not expecting the sudden burst of bright light which momentarily blinded Fynn’s sight. While still blinded he took a step forward, expect there was no ground beneath his foot. The lack of ground caused Fynn to plummet downward. He was then met with a sudden shock of being exposed to extreme cold and wetness. Fynn had fallen into a large ocean which was pretty dam cold at that. In addition to the intense cold, Fynn also felt a wave of depression sweep over his heart and his motivation be drained, as though the water was robbing him of everything.

 

He didn’t like this feeling, it hurt and he wanted it to go away as soon as possible. He needed to get out of that ocean, but….what was the point? There was nothing but cold waves surrounding him. He felt really empty inside. If it wasn’t for the stinging cold water, he would have felt nothing and his body would be completely numb inside. However, soon enough Fynn could see a small platform in the distance with the 4 doors from earlier on it. He really was tired at that point, but somehow found enough strength in his body to swim over to the platform while battling the waves crashing over his head.

 

Finally he reached the platform and climbed up on the stable ground to stand in front of the 4 doors. The doors were the same colors as in the previous room. Fynn really didn’t want to fall in a freezing ocean again, so he avoided the blue-gray door. He still couldn’t even being think to go through Luke’s door, so he decided to take the pink door this time. Pink was a soft color so hey, most likely there wasn’t anything terrifying or deadly behind it.

 

Fynn was right, there was nothing terrible behind the door, rather this room was filled to the brim with soft airy pink fluff. What was this stuff? It was everywhere and pushed against Fynn as he tried to make his way through the room? At least he thought it was a room. You couldn’t exactly see the walls because of the sheer volume of pink fluff.

            “Bleh!......What the? It’s sweet!”

Fynn had accidentally gotten some of the fluff in his mouth which wasn’t surprising since there was so much of it everywhere. The fluff was sweet though as if it wa- …was this stuff cotton candy? COTTON CANDY?  It had to be. It would explain why it was so fluffy, yet sweet at the same time.

 

Fynn definitely like this door’s room a whole lot more than the previous blue door. The cotton candy fluff was so…so pink and kind of cute at that! Yes, Fynn didn’t mind this room at all. He could just lie down in the comfortable fluff, take a comforting nap and even it if he so chose to.

 

After what felt like a few blissful hours of laying down and munching on the cotton candy fluff, Fynn suddenly no longer felt comfortable bliss that the fluff previously offered. His stomach soon started to rebel against him. He was sick, sick of all the sweetness. He wanted out. No more, no more pink fluff.

 

The fluff seemed to come alive at this point and started to fully enveloped every inch of Fynn’s body. The smell of the sweet substance made Fynn even sicker and the stickiness of the fluff made Fynn feel really uncomfortable. It was eating him alive, ironically, and he could take no more of the deceitfully cute fluff.

 

He struggled against the mounds of cotton candy pushing against him, fighting his way through till he finally reached a clearing absent of the pink substance. Once again before him were the 4 doors.

            “Why….” was the only word that Fynn could produce with his voice.

 

Obviously the blue and pink doors were not an option and Fynn still refused to take Luke’s door, so he had no choice but to take the yellow, almost mustard colored, door.

 

The sight before Fynn offered no comfort whatsoever. Standing before him was an endless, blistering desert. A DESERT! Where were all these crazy places coming from anyway?

 

Fynn turned around to go back to the pink room in order to maybe possibly find a different exit, but why then the door which he had entered from had vanished. He was left with nothing but the desert surrounding him.

            “No…..”

 

 There was nothing left to do but to start walking. There was no point in walking though because there was no escape to be seen, no doors, nothing. Fynn’s body acted on it’s own though and he started to walk aimlessly across the hot sands.

 

Yes….it was so, so hot. So ing hot! Normally Fynn loved warm weather, but this was too much, too intense. There was no way to escape the heat, it was everywhere.

It wasn’t just any kind of heat either. It wasn’t the heat where it burns your body and you sweat all the water inside your body out. No, this heat…it was somehow different. The sun which showered hot rays of light didn’t make Fynn’s skin hot, not it really was different.

 

It was almost as if it was lik-….that was it, it finally hit Fynn. He finally understood.

 

The heat he was feeling was not due to the temperature, it was heat from passion, from his feelings of love and obsession which burned the inside of his body and engulfed Fynn in it’s flames.

 

Yes, all of these rooms were a manifestation of all the things he was feeling and all of the feelings he feared. Why didn’t he see it sooner? All of this was due to his longing, his love, all of it.

 

All the feelings he experienced in those rooms were only a portion of the feelings one might experience while in love. Surely there were hundreds more of emotions associated with love that Fynn might experience. Why was he so scared of facing Luke anyway? Yes, the heartache of rejection was something he really feared, but the feelings and the problems he would have to overcome while in an actual relationship with Luke, were to surely be more challenging and painful to face than rejection.

 

Fynn finally understood. He was no longer scared. He was ready to face Luke, he could do it! At least he thought so.

            “I can do it now! I can face him, bring me the door!!”

With Fynn’s declaration of resolve, the desert around him disappeared and he was transported back to the white empty room from before.

 

Before him were the doors again, expect rather than just 4, there were hundreds of different colored doors on each side of Luke’s pure white door in the middle . Why Luke’s door was pure white instead of a different color, finally made sense as well. Just like a rainbow comes together to form a pure white light, all those emotions, sadness, obsession, heartbreak, anger, passion, lust, greed, jealously, concern, worry, etc. are needed to come together to form what we know as ‘love’. A balance between all the colors make light and a balance between all those emotions is needed to make a perfect long lasting relationship. But wait, why was Luke’s door….?

 

Luke’s pure white door was no covered in thick heavy dark chains with a large lock in the middle which prevented Fynn from opening it.

            “No, no, no, no, no! I finally decided to face my love for Luke, yet why? Why can’t I open his door anymore?!”

Fynn fell down to his knees before the door while beating it with weak fists desperately. It was too late now, his chance with Luke was gone, and it was because he wouldn’t get up and overcome his feelings. ! Why was this happening to Fynn? It was extremely cruel, heartbreaking, and not far in the least.

 

While Fynn thought all hope was lost, he felt a hand tap his shoulder and then smack his head quite hard actually.

            “Ow! What the heck was that for?!” Fynn exclaimed as he turned around.

Dangling before him was a brass key attached to a chain being held by the girl from earlier.


That key…was it the key to Luke’s door?!

            “Do you finally understand that facing rejection may be terrifying, but facing all the emotions in love is far more frightening? You’ve been given an opportunity to face these emotions. Do not disappoint me. Go run on this rode of love and gain the person you desire. It’s time to man up Fynn, you decide your own fate!” She said while directly staring into Fynn’s eyes.

 

The girl’s words, despite how strange they kind of sounded, were right. Fynn had been running far too long. He wanted to stop running and make himself stronger.

 

Fynn was at a loss for words, but with a face that said ‘thank you’ on it, he reached out for the key and grasped it tightly in his hand. He then opened his hand to stare at the key and by the time he looked up from it, the girl was already gone.

 

Fynn hurried to his feet and turned back around to unlock the door like a mad man, almost as if the door would disappear before his very eyes if he didn’t open t quick enough. With shaky hands, he placed the key inside the lock and turned the key to the right now very cautiously. The chains then vanished into thin air and Fynn could open the door. He opened it and proceeded to walk through the frame, at which point he then sa-…………….

 

Fynn’s fantasy was cut short when he finally opened his eyes which were peering up at the ceiling of his room. His hearing was being mangled by the sound of his alarm clock as well.

 

            “…...............! It was only a dream!” Fynn exclaimed after he finally realized what had happened, to which he covered his face with his comforter and plowed his head further into his pillow in retaliation. Dam he just wanted to fall asleep and just continue that dream, but reality would never let him. It was time for work and Fynn had to get up to start the day.  

 

 

 

Sorry for it being so short guys, I'll try to make the next two chapters longer, but I make no promises!