Ch. 3

Connecting the Pieces

 

  Omg finally finshed this chapter! I was up till 5AM writing it   .___.  And its finally a longer chapter too, wow!  Let me know if I made any mistakes anywhere, and ENJOY!!! 

 

 

 

            “What year was it? What day was it? What month was it? What time was it? Who am I again?”

Time and everything about Fynn seemed to vanish as he walked through that front door of Clubkid. It wasn’t until he was greeted by a ‘welcome’ and noticed the clothing and shoes around him that he remebered where he was. The first thing that caught Fynn’s eye was the Underground Creeper shoes placed on a square, low level display table. The shoes usually always did catch Fynn’s eye because he really liked Creeper shoes, that, and the display table with the shoes on them was right in the middle of the store and was the first thing you saw as you walked in.


Fynn’s eyes moved from the Creepers to the left of the store to quickly look at the beanies sitting very neatly along a shelf protruding from the wall and gazed upon the few racks of Boy London clothing placed so perfectly along the wall.

 

The inside of Clubkid was lit quite well, probably because the walls were a simple white which reflected the light well. If anything the simplicity of the décor in the store only enhanced the contrasting black and sometimes colorful clothing and made one focus more on the clothing rather than the environment.  

 

Fynn couldn’t focus on the clothing any longer though. His eyes quickly moved to the right side of the store, peering past the racks of Boy London and Long Clothing, desperately searching. No, that’s not him. No not there….Where was the princess?..... Clubkid was not extremely large in size, so where was he? It’s not like he could be hiding on the ceiling like a spider or anything. Fynn looked up though, because he was just that desperate to find the princess. He felt stupid that he actually looked up, but seriously where….where was Luke?

 

Could he really not be there? But he runs the shop, HES THE OWNER!!. It’s his store!! How…how could be not be there!? No, no, surely he’s here, he’s just in a back room or something.

 

It was a good 10 minutes of Fynn waiting and looking around. The fact finally hit him. Luke was not there…No….no, no, no, No, NO!! Fynn’s disappointment soon turned to frustration and anger.

     No! I didn’t get myself worked up about finally seeing the princess for him to not be here!

Fynn finally decided he was going to talk to the princess and maybe actually start the first step in possibly establishing the start of a relationship, yet the princess ing wasn’t there! Why? Why was Fynn’s luck so terrible that day? It was the thing he was looking forward to the most. Why…..just why was fate so cruel to him. This really wasn’t funny.

 

The roses of blossoming love that were inside Fynn’s heart were now withering away, leaving only thorns which seemed to tear at Fynn’s entire being. It hurt to move, to think, to even pump blood through his body. The whole point of that day was to see the princess. Ok no, he was there for his hyung too, but nothing compared to the princess….!... He felt like such an for thinking this way and practically throwing away his hyung. Fynn was so conflicted between wanting to see the princess so badly and hating Luke for making himself feel this way inside.

 

All of these thoughts just swirled in Fynn’s brain to the point of almost making himself dizzy. Fynn didn’t want his hyung or the other Clubkid employees to see the distress and discomfort on his face and ask him any questions. He gravitated away from the right side of the store with the cash register and Clubkid employees towards the left side to the shelf with the beanies on them. The shelf was exactly parallel with Fynn’s eyes, but he didn’t notice, nor did he notice the two chairs oddly placed only a few inches away from the beanie shelf. The chairs were facing different directions which probably meant someone was sitting in them earlier and never bothered to move them back to their original positions.

 

But that didn’t matter to Fynn. Nothing mattered at this point it seems. What was the point of life anymore? Fynn felt stupid for overreacting like this, but he couldn’t help it. Having something you were really looking forward to suddenly be taken away against your will was really painful and it was burning Fynn’s heart to ashes. This is what he got for expecting too much and feeling too strongly. Surely, this is what he got, he thought.

 

Fynn’s thoughts were cutting him away from the world and he could no longer see anything nor hear anything, not even the food steps of someone walking up behind him.

 

Fynn couldn’t stand it any longer, he really didn’t want to be inside Clubkid anymore. He just wanted to leave with his hyung as fast as possible and go home to forget this whole day.

 

He spun around away from the beanie shelf quickly and suddenly bumped into a figure in front of him quite hard actually. The sudden contact with the body startled Fynn quite a bit which caused him to step back forcefully. Unfortunately that was not the best decision because he smacked the back of his head rather hard against the beanie shelf now behind him. The impact then caused the beanie that Fynn was currently wearing to be pushed down over his eye, blocking his sight. Being shocked and now suddenly blinded made Fynn very disoriented and step towards the side, which also was a really bad idea because he then started to trip over the chairs from earlier that were placed too close to the beanie shelf. He fully tripped over first chair, fell to his and back while taking the second chair with him to which, the chair fell right on top of Fynn’s abdomen and side.

 

Dam, that ing hurt! Fynn didn’t even have enough time to even register what had even happened in that moment in his brain. All he knew right then and there was that he fell and his side was hurting.

 

Fynn’s beanie was still over his eyes so he had no clue what was going on. He then felt a hand start to help him up to a sitting position. Obviously the chair had been taken off of Fynn at that point. The hand then moved to pull his beanie up, allowing Fynn to finally be able to see again.  

 

The first thing Fynn gazed upon was a face covered with pale baby-blue tinted bangs pulled to the front and a pair of brown eyes staring him straight in the face…….Luke? Yes, those eyes belonged to Luke, but this couldn’t be real, right? Fynn thought Luke wasn’t there. Without a doubt those were Luke’s eyes, his face, and his hand which was on Fynn’s shoulder. Oh god, the princess had his hand on Fynn’s freaking should!!  His shoulder!!

 

The hand on him shook his shoulder a bit and the figure before him said, “Are you alright?”

            What? Was he alright? What was Luke talking about? What does he mean, asking am I alrigh-….OH GOD!...WHAT THE DID I JUST DO?! And in front of the princess! Oh god why?! What the !

 

Fynn was somewhat lost in his shocked panicked thoughts causing Luke to ask again if he was alright and alive.


Fynn finally snapped out of it and replied back he was alright, just shocked by the fall is all. Luke helped Fynn back on his feel, but actually Fynn was far from being alright. After the shock wore off, he was enveloped by a blanket of embarrassment that burned every inch of his body. He didn’t know what to say at that point or how to face Luke.

 

Luckily his hyung rushed over at that moment.

 

            “Ah hyung!...w-what time is it? Don’t  we have to go and get your tat? We...yea we should go now…yea”.

 

Fynn hurriedly apologized to Luke for causing trouble in his store and hastily pushed himself and his hyung out of the store and down the sidewalk until Fynn was certain that Luke could no longer see them. 

 

Fynn’s hyung questioned why they left so quickly and if it was really alright to leave like that. Fynn explained that it was better that way and not have to face all that embarrassment. Luckily his hyung didn’t question further and they procedded to the tattoo parlor because they really were there to get hyung’s tattoo and Fynn wanted to support his hyung, especially after having those thoughts in Clubkid about how Luke was more important than his hyung.

 

                                                                                        ------------------

 

His hyung went to the back of the parlor to start the session for his tattoo while Fynn waited in a chair in the front of the tattoo shop. A session which typically lasted maybe a few hours, depending on the tattoo you got, only felt like only 5 minutes to Fynn because he was lso lost in his own thoughts which didn’t even register in his brain because Fynn couldn’t remember what he was previously thinking about while waiting.

 

When his hyung was done he went out and showed Fynn his newly acquired ink masterpiece. It truly has a masterpiece. It was a very thickly outlined buck’s (as in the deer) head with artfully drawn antlers. Really it was a simple, but amazing tattoo. His hyung was super ecstatic too which was expected since it was his first tattoo after all. Fynn truly was happy for his hyung and was glad he came despite what had happened earlier.

 

The train ride home was mighty unpleasant however. The silence made Fynn feel super awkward, as if the whole world knew what had happened and were judging him hard core.

            “Omg, can you believe he did that?”

            “I know, and in front of Luke, how lame!”

            “Ha, what a klutz”

Fynn tried to shake off such made up conversations out of his head. He really didn’t like the silence. It made him be alone with his thoughts which he really didn’t need because all he could think about was how he made such a fool out of himself in front of the lovely princess.

 

The train ride felt like years. Thank raspberry cheesecake they finally arrived at their stop. Fynn parted ways with his hyung and proceeded to make his way home with nothing but the few sounds of cars, the city, and his thoughts….Dam. He didn’t want to think anymore.

 

The only way Fynn got through the rest of the night was by going completely blank and emotionless. He was done feeling embarrassed and flustered. If he stressed over the matter anymore, he probably would not be able to physically be able to handle it.

 

In order to take his mind off of the matter, Fynn took to Tumblr to scroll through endless posts and forget all his troubles of the day. At that point he was running on habit and impulse because somehow Facebook was open. Fynn wondered whne the heck he opened the site. Why would he want to open FB? The princess was on FB and he didn’t want to think about Luke right now.

 

Maybe opening the social media cite by chance was a good think though. Fynn noticed the tiny red notification mark in the top left corner and decided to check what it was.

            “No….it can’t be…Why…how?!”

It was a message. A message from the very princess himself…to Fynn no less!! No, surely it was a mistake?

 

It was no mistake though. The message really was meant for Fynn’s eyes.  He couldn’t believe the words he was reading however; he couldn’t believe it!  Luke sent him, Fynn, a message asking if his head and body was really ok from the chair collision. Not only that, Luke also wrote that he felt bad about that happened and that he felt guilty for not being able to properly apologize.

            “No….NO ING WAY!!”

 

Yes ing way. Luke invited him, Fynn, back to the shop in order to buy Fynn some coffee or tea somewhere. It was the least he could do after all since Luke felt like he caused Fynn’s chair accident.

 

Was this truly happening, Fynn thought. This just can’t be. This means that Luke remembered Fynn’s face and his name he guessed. Fynn did meet Luke before and sent a few FB messages before. Did he do it? Did he seriously get his kohai to notice him? Ok, it was not really the way Fynn wanted Luke to notice him, but he did notice him at the very least. Maybe there was some hope of a good outcome after all.

 

Fynn somewhat wanted to turn down Luke’s offer because he wasn’t sure how he would be able to face the princess again. However, sure enough without himself realizing it, he had replied back with him saying he would happy to accept Luke’s proposal. That was it. There was no turning back now. Fynn sealed his fate and whether the outcome would be positive or not, he was soon to find out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

ooooo whats going to happen next?! well....I would like to know that too, I'll bee sure to upload the next chapter as soon as I write it!!  <3