Ch. 2

Connecting the Pieces

 

            “mmmm….too..bright…agh”

The sun fluttered its rays along Fynn’s eyelids, waking the boy which he wasn't all too pleased about. He was finally having an amazing dream with the princess and his best buddies in it. Though he couldn’t remember exactly what the dream was about, he wanted to continue it for as long as he could.  

 

He fought against the sunlight’s waking powers for a while, when he remembered what day it was. Weekend……it was finally the weekend!! Today’s the day Fynn would get to go on an adventure with his hyung and finally get to see the princess who he so often dreamed about.

 

Nothing could keep Fynn in his bed at that point he flew out from under his comforter, almost tripping over his own two feet in the process. Fortunately he recovered smoothly and avoided a face plant with the floor. While still in his pajamas, Fynn headed downstairs and grabbed a hot cup of tea. He also found some food to fill his rumbling tummy.

            “Don’t want to pass out from a lack of food, haha.”

 

The thought was funny to him because Teresa, one of his friends to whom he talked about the princess with, mentioned earlier that he could pretend to faint or something in the store in order to get the princess to awaken the prince with a kiss. The story which is always told in fairy tales where the prince awakens the sleeping princess with a kiss of love, yet here the role of the prince and princess was reversed. Ha, yes quite funny and silly indeed.

 

After filing his inners with noms, Fynn headed  back upstairs to grab some clothes to wear. I mean would the princess really fall for Fynn if he was still wearing his PJs? Unless you have some pretty awesome pajamas which capture people with a net, you are not going to get any make out action with the princess anytime soon.

 

Dam what to wear? What to wear….what to wear? The thought was strange to Fynn, since when does he freak out about what he was wearing for the day like some 15 year old teenager? He soon brushed the thought off though because it was the princess he was trying to impress, so it didn’t matter I he was being selective about what he was wearing.

 

Finally he selected a pair of burgundy red skinnies, his long beanie and his long sleeve, white Boy London top. It was nice and sunny outside, but somewhat cool, so it wasn’t time to wear harem pants and wifebeaters just yet. But hey, Fynn’s legs still looked mighty fine in his skinnies, which put a small smile on his face.

            “Bow before me peasants, as I am pure perfection hahaha..ha..ha………”

 

Oh god so cheesy he thought to himself as he crouched down in the corner with his hands covering his face. He was embarrassed by himself, but soon got over it and grabbed his keys, phone, money and proceeded to head out the door to meet up with his hyung.

 

                                                                                      ------------------

 

Ahh the sun was nice and warm on Fynn’s face, or at least until the wind acted up and blew across the train station. So close to being a perfect sunny day, but still, sadly, not completely perfect. There were a few clouds gracing the sky and covering the warm sun every now and then. The wind made it somewhat colder than Fynn would have liked it to be.

 

While murmuring complaints of the weather under his breath, he heard his hyung call out his name from afar. His hyung wore a huge, squishy smile on his face. Probably because he was going to get a new tattoo that day. Come on, who wouldn’t be ecstatic to get new ink on their skin? Well, maybe people who are afraid of needles, but that’s beside the point.

 

Fynn and his hyung hopped on the train and their adventure had begun.

 

The train ride felt like it lasted for years, but Fynn didn’t mind. The seemingly long trip was calming. He definitely needed to have a moment of calmness before he would see the princess and have his heart burst under the pressure of his blood beating quickly through his veins.

 

The passing by buildings zoomed lazily acros Fynn’s eyes which were peering out the train windows. Normally the mid-noon sky never appeared absolutely beautiful to Fynn, but today for some reason, every last corner of the sky and clouds were so absolutely stunning and caused all the emotions he was feeling swirl in calming circles inside himself. Love, fear, calmness, excitement, worry; all of it just mixed together to form a strange and different feeling, but Fynn didn’t mind what he was feeling. It felt nice and he liked it.

 

Before he could prepare himself, they arrived at their stop. It was time to walk the plank into the ocean of emotions for Luke. Whether he would sink or swim, Fynn really didn’t know, but he would swim the uneasy waves to the best of his ability and hopefully, he would be saved from drowning by the princess himself.

 

The walk to the shop didn’t really register in Fynn’s brain either. Pretty much all of it was a blur. If it weren’t for the tan and red colored building which stuck out from all the other gray buildings, Fynn would have never even known that they finally arrived at their destination.

 

Why does everything seem so special, new and almost emitting a glowing light when you place special meaning with that item or person? Fynn had been to Clubkid, the princess’s fashion store, before but for some reason it just seemed to be bursting with light shining out from the windows, almost as if the store was a lighthouse calling Fynn to it. Even if Fynn wanted to run away, the light calling him forth would never allow such a thing.

 

            “Fynn, let’s go” His hyung said as he smacked Fynn in the back, nudging him foreword.

            “Huh, oh….yea”

With heavy and somewhat nervous steps, Fynn marched foreword through the front door of  Clubkid.