Spared

Mirror Mirror

"Sorry, Yuri-ah," Chen told me as he dragged me to the balcony, the Queen pulled the covers, covering the confused Kris in the ballroom from us. She glared at me.

"You sneaky little girl. What were you doing talking to my prince?" she asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows and gasped. "Your prince!?" I asked back. "And where did you get such beautiful dress?" she muttered. I sighed and looked down. I glared at the Queen.

"You wanna talk about my dress or what you did to the village!?" I fired at her, she gasped. "Well done, Yuri. You left the castle grounds and went there?" she asked me.

"Yes. I've seen what you did to the people," I told her, pissed off. Chen closed his eyes in worry. She put her hands on her hips, smiling.

"Yuri is breaking all the rules today," she commented. "That's a punishable offence, you know?" she told me, I tightened my fist.

"BY WHOSE LAW!?" I launched myself forward, the guards held me back. "You have no right to rule the way you do. And, techinically, I'm the rightful heir to the throne and the leader of this kingdom!" I fired at her, she smirked.

"Hmm... Probably not the best thing you could've said just then," she teased. I saw her moon necklace shimmering, I furrowed my eyebrows.

- - -

[in the Queen's room]

Chen's POV:

The Queen paced back and forth, my heartbeat doubled.

Why does Yuri have to yell at her. I'm in big trouble now.

"I want her killed," the Queen ordered me, I gasped and widened my eyes.

"K-Killed? Are you sure?" I reassured here, she just rolled her eyes. "She is a threat to everything?" she reminded me.

Yuri? Killed? Why now?

"Take her to the forest and feed her to the Beast," she ordered me, glaring at me as the thunder rumbled. I nodded as I left the room, my feet and back trembling.

- - -

"Jongdae-ah, just let me go. I swear you'll never see me again," Yuri pleaded me as I led her to the woods with both her hands tied behind. I sighed.

"Yuri, you shouldn't have done that, upstaging the Queen. Now, we have to pay the price," I told her, she looked down.

In the middle of the forest, I told her to stop. She looked at me, her eyes pleading for life.

"J-Jongdae-ah..." she muttered. "Turn around, Yuri," I told her, she did. We heard some movement in the trees, Yuri's back trembled even more.

"Chen, please! I'm scared! I don't wanna die like my Appa did," she pleaded me. I closed my eyes and sighed when I thought of her father, the King. I moved closer to her ear.

"Your Appa was a really good man. He was always very kind to me and Jessica," I told her, a tear came out of her eye. "In return, I'll give you one piece of advice," I told her, pulling out my dagger and cut the rope.

"Run, Yuri, as fast as you can. And as far away from here as possible," I ordered her, she gasped. We hugged each other, she ran into the woods, I ran back to the palace.

God. What should I say to the Queen!?

"Your Majesty, it's done," I told her as I entered the room. She smirked. "Impressive. You're not as weak and whimpy as I thought," she commented. I smiled.

"Daebak! I feel so amazing! Positively light-headed! Spread the news, okay?" she told me. I smiled and bowed, leaving the room.

- - -

Yuri's POV:

I ran in the woods, my whole body trembled in fear. I bumped my head to a stick in front of an old house, I collasped on the ground.