The Party

Mirror Mirror

Kris' POV:

We got into the North Kingdom and met the Queen. I heard she was going to have a really big party tonight. Since we were robbed, she gave us some new suits. I felt she really treat us well for a reason. I sent Luhan back to the South Kingdom.

"Lu, you return ASAP with an army of guards, please," I told him as we walked to the front hall. Luhan looked down and nodded. "Plus, clothes, gold, and soldiers," I told him.

"Fine," he sighed.

"Good."

"Only if you say 'please'," Luhan repeated what the girl said, staring me with his puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes and patted his shoulder. "Yeah, Lu. Please," I told him. He smiled and got on his horse, then furrowd his eyebrows.

"Kris, I implore you to come back with me now. This Queen... radiates crazy," he told me, whispering at the last part. I sighed.

"Come on, you know queens are always crazy when there's a prince around," I fired back. "No, no. It's..." he protested, glaring at me. "I'm in the same room as a prince crazy, and then, there's just a gold, old-fashioned, playing traditional... psycho crazy," he fired at me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and sighed.

"Safe travels, Luhan. I bid you adieu," I told him, patting the horse's rear. It went off running to the forest.

-----------------------------

[while Luhan was riding...]

 

Yuri's POV:

"Sica! Sica!" I called her, running to the kitchen. She turned to me. I ran and hugged her.

"Jess, it's worse than you could ever imagine!" I told her, sobbing a little. She gasped.

"Mwo!? You went to the village?" she asked me. I nodded. "The Queen destroyed everything my Appa believed in," I sobbed. "She's taxing more even though they have nothing!" I told her. She sighed.

"Geez, all for her good-for-nothing parties," she commented, grunting in frustration. "And I heard she's throwing another one tonight... for a prince," she told me. I gasped and pulled away when she said the word 'prince'.

"A prince is coming?" I reassured her. She nodded. "And it said he had an army," she explained. I widned my eyes.

An army!? He could help us!

"R-Really? What if he does!? Maybe he can help us!" I asked, concerned. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Gosh, seems like my girl's having quite a big day," she commented, I blew my fringe. She smirked. "And it's gonna get more bigger..." she said, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"...you, Kwon Yuri, are gonna crash that party," she told me. I gasped.

- - -

[fast forward to the party]

Kris' POV:

I met the Queen's second-in-command, Chen as we got ready for the party. The ballroom started to fill in with guests.

[this is what I wore]

Chen patted my shoulder. "Don't worry, hyung. You'll be fine. But, let me tell you something," he told me, moving closer to my ear.

"I've been working for the Queen for life, and she is completely crazy, literally," he whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Her Majesty, the Queen!" the announcer said, making all heads turn to her. She wore a yellow gown, a silver crown placed on her head. The crowd curtsied in unison.

 

Yuri's POV:

God. Why do I have to be in this party?

I walked in the ballroom, wearing my favourite dress.

"Her Majesty, the Queen!" the announcer said. I turned back, trying not to get caught in her sight. Everyone curtsied to her. I mentally rolled my eyes.

Gosh. All this for such a harsh queen?

"His Royal Highness, Prince Wu Fan of the South Kingdom," the announcer continued. Some of the guest gasped, astonished. He walked in, but I didn't have the chance to see his face as the crowd was blocking my sight. Couples faced back-to-back, getting ready for the dance.

"I heard that you usually use cunning and trickery to outwit your enemies," the Queen told him.

"Perhaps you prefer your guests feel out of control and slightly uncomfortable," a familiar deep voice said. The Queen smiled.

"Handsome and smart... how confusing," she said and turned back.

I felt some footsteps running to me, my heartbeat doubled.

The music played, I noticed the Queen wasn't with the prince. I furrowed my eyebrows for a while before turning back. When I did, I saw a familiar guy. He was tall, blonde-haried, wearing a black suit.

So, this guy is the Prince!?

He widened his eyes and smiled, also surprised.

"You!" we both said.

"Y-You're here?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I smiled and chuckled awkwardly.

"Well, yeah, I'm here. But, you're Prince Wu Fan from the South Kingdom?" I asked him. He smirked as we bowed and started dancing. "Please, call me Kris," he told me, I nodded. His jaw dropped for a while, then shook his head and smiled.

"Sorry. Just seeing you in this dress is leaving me speechless," he commented, letting a giggle escape from my mouth. He smiled at me. I admitted, he had the most breathtaking smile I've ever seen in my life.

"So, what are you... you know, doing in the palace?" he asked me. I forgot I haven't told him I was the Princess.

"M-Me? W-Well..." I looked down and gulped before answering.

"I live here. I have been, for a while, actually. I'm... kinda the Princess," I admitted, Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

"Mwo!? You didn't tell me that," he protested. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Well, you never told me you were a Prince," I fired back. "Well, I was afraid I'd look ridiculous, being tied in a tree with Luhan," he smirked, I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I accidentally stepped on his foot, he whined in pain.

"Oh, god. Mianhae, really," I apologized. "No, no, no. It's okay," he reassured me, again, smiling. "Forgive me," I urged him. "No, forgive me," he fired back, we chuckled.

"And, Kris, I'm not just here to dance tonight. I need your help," I told him. He smiled. "Anything. I'm at your disposal," he smiled. I blushed silently.

Gosh. I think I like him already. Yuri-ah, get a hold of yourself!

I gulped. "Well, it's the Queen. Ever since my Appa died, she's terrorised the village and ruined the land," I whispered to him. "And, I hoped that.. a good-hearted prince like yourself would--" I stopped when I noticed the Queen was staring at us. I gasped.

"I gotta go," I muttered, leaving the ballroom. I panted, my heartbeat doubled. I felt a pair of hands grabbing my wrists, pulling me somewhere. I screamed in shock.