Chapter 01: not just an ordinary day

Serendipity in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a beautiful morning, and its midterm already in my senior year. I'm living with my aunt, I have not seen my parents since I was young, my aunt told me that weren't blood related . And today is my 18th birthday, I'm not having a grand celebration like what others have, I will be spending my birthday with my aunt and my best friend. I came downstairs and my aunt greeted me"Good morning! and happy brithday Soo Jung" "Thank you" and my aunt told me I should come home early to celebrate my birthday. 

As I came to school, my best friend Sun Young greeted me with a smile "Happy Birthday! Soo Jung"

"Thank you, Sun Young. You seem very energetic today. " 

"Yes, because today is your birthday, are you having a party?" 

"No, just a few people you and my aunt then a small gathering." Honestly, I don't have a lot of friends but I'm thankful that I have a best friend like Sun Young because I can talk anything to her, we've been friends since I entered this school. 

Sun Young asked "Are you planning to work later?" 

"I don't know, I will see if today will finish early and when it does maybe I will." I have a part time job in a bake shop, I need to earn money for my fees and also to help my aunt. There are times that what if I have a brother or sister, or what if my relatives seeks for me but as time goes by, I eventually don't often think of it or even find ways. 

After class, Sun Young and I were walking towards out of the gate, "I guess, I will not to go to work then." 

"That's good, you don't need to exert much today since its your birthday and your aunt will wait for you." My aunt and I live in an apartment, "Good afternoon, Ms. Song" and my aunt welcomed Sun Young inside. We went to the dining area and eat the food that my aunt prepared for us. 

Sun Young happily said "Thank you for the good meal Ms. Song"

"We still have a cake, and just eat don't be shy." After we ate the meal, my aunt brought out the cake with a candle. "Make a wish, sweetie." I closed my eyes, and about to make a wish then suddenly someone was knocking on the door. I asked my aunt  "Do you have still guest?" "No, not really..." then my aunt looked who it is and she seems surprised who it was. When she opened the door, it was an old lady but she seems elegant because of the way she dress. She came with a skinny guy with glasses and a a tuxedo.

The guy speaks in a formal way "Good evening, Ms. Song. We apologize for our suddent visit." 

"No, it's okay and take a sit first." the old lady just keep looking at me as if she wants to come towards to me then the old woman talks to my aunt "Ms. Song, I'm grateful for your kindness and to brough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter