Chapter 8

Tantei Gakuen Q - The New Beginning

General POV

Kazuma let everyone ride on his limo and they were all taken to the nearest hospital. Once they arrived Kyuu hurried ahead to get Megu checked in while Ryuu carried her on his back. Once Megu was settled in one of the rooms, Ryuu explained what had happened in the haunted house. 

"She said that she would come back for Megu?!" said Kenta worriedly. Since the very beginning, Kenta had always seen Megu as a little sister and consequently had a soft spot for her.

"Ne... Do you think that this has got anything to do with the man from last time? After all he did warn us that we had to watch out, especially Megu" said Kyuu deep in thought. He was worried about his friend and was trying as hard as he could to piece everything together. But he couldn't. There was just too much information missing.

The next morning, everyone had already gone back except for Kyuu and Ryuu. They were asleep on the couch that was located between the window and the bed Megu was on. As the sun started to shine brightly in the room, Megu started to get more and more restless. She was still asleep but sweat was starting to appear on her forhead and she started to kick and punch the air. Suddenly, she woke up and sat up abruptly. She was panting hard and clutching the blankets.

"Megu what's wrong?" asked Ryuu as he approached the bed and placed his hand over Megu's. Feeling his warm and big hand, Megu started to calm down little by little. Her breath returning to normal. 

"Where are we Ryuu?"

"In the hospital" Megu turned and faced Ryuu. Then she turned away and took notice of the things that were surrounding her. They were in a rather small room with white walls. There was a table to her right, a big window on her left, and a couch with Kyuu on it. As she looked around Kyuu woke up and sat up straight. Stretching a little from the not so comfortable night.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" asked Ryuu.

"Ryuu- You shouldn't do that! She just woke up didn't she!" complained Kyuu.

Megu's POV

Last night... what happened last night? As I recalled my memories I started to remember. It had started as something fun until we got to that haunted house. The darkness, the light, the feelings... the pain, I remembered them all. All the events from last night came back to my head as if I was hit by a rock, but unfortunatelly, the rock was not strong enough to blur those images because she always had her photographic memory protecting her from getting hit too hard. I started panting again. I felt a cold sweat all around my body. I tried to keep it in but it was obviously not working until I felt Ryuu's hand slightly squishing mine. I started to calm down again and nodded.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and two people wearing white robes came in.

"Good morning Megumi, how are you feeling now?" asked the doctor as the nurse checked the serum (AN: I'm not very sure if this is what I was referring to...) that was attached to my wrist.

"Much better thank you" I tried to say in the calmest voice that would come out from me.

"That's great, then you can leave anytime today. By the way, you should probably avoid haunted houses now, you might be a little too sensitive for those" the doctor said with a slight smile on his face. After the nurse took out the needle in my wrist, both of them left.

"Ah by the way we told the doctors that at the haunted house you got scratched by one of the props and then you fainted from the scare you got in there" informed Kyuu. Well I guess that makes more sense than telling them that I was attacked by some creepy, skelletical woman.


General POV:

All three of them went back to classes the following day. By the time they had left the hospital and Megu checked her phone, she had found a billion messages from Kenta about how sorry he was that he was not able to stay with her. She smiled to herself and made a mental note to get something nice for Kenta's approacing birthday.

During classes Kyuu would pay extra special attention to Megu. He and Ryuu had agreed that until they were completely sure that she had calmed down, they would keep a 24/7 watch over her. Megu of course, never noticed this because she was always lost in thought and trying hard to forget that unforgetable event. 

After a few days, the scar on her face had almost faded away, but there was still a small part that was visible.

Four days later, during lunch time, the trio was having quite a nice time when all of a sudden an explosion was heard. Everyone in the cafeteria was startled and wondering where the sound had come from. While everyone was trying to figure out what had just happened, the trio had already run out of the cafeteria and headed towards the sound of the explosion as fast as they could. As they approached the abandoned building they started to slow down. Smoke was coming out of one of the windows on the third floor. They made their way up the building, Kyuu leading, followed by Megu and Ryuu at the very end. When they reached the third floor, Kyuu open the door to the classroom and a bunch of smoke came out. Kyuu went in even though the smoked hadn't cleared out yet and it was hard to breath. Megu and Ryuu followed him. 

Unexpectedly, after Ryuu had only set a few steps into the room he heard Kyuu scream and was thrown backwards from Megu's and Kyuu's weight. The three of them landed on the floor. By now the room was almost clear and then they all saw it. It was the same skelletical and creepy woman that constantly tormented Megu in her thoughts. She was hung from her ankles up side down and ropes that were attached to her arms were resting on the floor. Though she was still wearing her torn kimono, it was more torned than what Megu remembered, revealing her stomach. The word "Useless" were engraved with blood on her stomach.

The three of them stared at the horrendous sight, in disbelief. What had just happened?!