Chapter 6

Tantei Gakuen Q - The New Beginning

General POV

A few weeks had passed since the last incident. Kyuu, Ryuu and Megu still clearly remembered the last episode in the abandoned building, especially Megu. Even thought they were still extremely attentive to their surroundings, things had calmed down a little. Classes kept going on as usual and in general, everything was going fine - except for Megu. She had been having several nightmares which woke her up in the middle of the night. These nightmares constantly involved her watching people getting killed and when it came to her turn she would immediately wake up in a cold sweat. As much as it scared her, she decided to keep it to herself to avoid worrying her friends.

RRIIIIIIIINGGGG

"Well kids, that is the end of class for today. Also, I want to remind you all that the winter school festival is coming up soon. Please gather your ideas and tell them to class representative" said the teacher. Megu looked at her right and saw Kyuu rubbing his eyes, trying to wake himself up properly after the nice nap he had during class. "He really has no remedy..." thought Megu to herself while showing a small smile. 

Megu and Kyuu walked out of the classroom while Megu informed him of what the teacher had said during class. "Hey Megu, are you okay?" asked Kyuu. "Yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask?" said Megu as convincingly as she could.

"Nothing in particular. Just wondering. You have been looking kind of pale these past few days".

Shoot. He noticed. "Really? Eh... I think it might be your imagination" she responded. They kept on walking until they exited the main building and each of them went towards their dorm. 


"Winter festivaaaaal" sang Kyuu while he laid comfortably on his bed, "Hey Ryuu, what will your class be doing this year?" asked Kyuu. Without parting his vision from his book, Ryuu responded, "I think they decided on making a Santa Clause booth. You know, those where you take pictures with Santa. I wonder who will be the unfortunate ones to play Santa and the dwarfs." He smiled to himself.

"Even though I have known you for so long, your sudden sadistic personality certainly does scare me" admitted Kyuu with a crooked smile on his face while he looked at his roommate. 


"Kyaaaaa!!". A scream was heard in the girls dorm. Megu ran out of her room and through the hallway to where the noise had come from. It was Shimazaki Nanase's room. As Megu made her way into the room, she saw Nanase sitting on the floor, shaking and crying while hugging tightly another girl. "What's going on?", the teacher on duty asked as she came into the room. With a shaky hand and without daring to see, Nanase pointed at her window. "I saw it" she said half sobbing "The Widow". Everyone looked at each other with confused faces. Everyone knew what Nanase was talking about, after all it was a rumor that had been circulating the school for the past few days, however to most people it was a simple children's story. 

" Hey hey did you hear about it?! They say that there is a ghost around school. Apparently, it is the ghost of an ex-teacher who killed her husband. Some say that he was stabbed to death for cheating on her. Other people add the fact that the woman ate her husband so that they would always be together. Point is, after doing so she went insane and committed suicide from the rooftop of the girls' dorm. I heard that people call her The Widow. "

"Everyone return to your rooms, there is nothing to watch here girls" the teacher said in a loud voice. "Megumi, please get something to drink for Nanase". Megu nodded her head and left. 


Megu, Kyuu and Ryuu sat in the cafeteria while having lunch. "...so that's what happened yesterday" said Megu to her companions. Ryuu and Kyuu exchanged a look. "It sounds suspicious but it could be just a prank they decided to play on her" said Ryuu without making any eye contact with either of them. 

"Ryuu's right. But I still think that we should investigate a little just in case you know. Plus..." Kyuu paused. "It if turns out to be true, it could also possibly have a connection to, you know what..." Megu lowered her head immediatelly. Both Kyuu and Ryuu noticed the tension that had fallen upon them. "B-but it could also be a simple prank right!" Kyuu said with an awkward enthusiastic tone. "Anyway, let's just meet later to plan something out" Megu nodded, trying to raise her spirits, and Ryuu just kept on eating. 

"By the way Megu, do you remember anything from the scene?" asked Kyuu. "Well, her room is different from most of the girls, I guess because it is located at the end of the corridor but it's bigger than usual. There is the usual stuff, the bed, the desk, the bookshelf and two mirrors. Ah- also her curtains were half torn down, but then when I asked her last night she said it was because she had accidentally pulled them when she got scared".

"Hmm... I guess we will have to contact Kazuma. This is too little to work on"