Chapter 5

Tantei Gakuen Q - The New Beginning

General POV

The three of them were still in the classroom, talking about what they have found out. Kyuu said that she realized that KArin was lying about Yamaguchi. He could tell because in the academy they had learned many techniques in order to see if someone was lying to them or not. Kyuu immediately realized that Karin's words and feelings towards Yamaguchi were all fake. Or at least, the once they talked about were. 

Ryuu and Megu told Kyuu what they had found out and so far these were the things they knew about Yamaguchi:

  • Even though he was in the top three smartest students in the school, his grades were bought
  • He had a girlfriend, Karin
  • Karin had found out that he was cheating on her last week
  • Karin had told her friends that they were fine and happy

"What?!" Kyuu almost screamed out when they told him about the incident at the stairs. "Are you two allright" He asked with a really worried face. "We're fine, it was just a little scary though. I did not expect that to happen at all" said Megu, slightly rubbing her head. "But now that I think about it, the mask that that person was wearing was used in one of the theater productions from last year. Yes! It was worn by one of the sempais playing a devil's servant" Said Megu. The three of them made their way to backstage of the theater. There were so many props there that it would have been almost impossible to find what they were looking for, except for the fact that it was for some reason, right in front of them. The mask and a black costume were on top of an open box. Ryuu approached it and held the mask up. "Yes, it is this one." CRACK. The sound of the creaking floor was what the three of them heard. However non of them had moved. They turned toward the sides, looking and searching if there was anyone else there. Suddenly Kyuu saw a black shadow moving on the background. He ran towards it and before it could scape he caught it. "Oww let me go!" a masculine voice retorted. The boy was Morimoto Shunsuke. "What are you doing here sempai?" asked Ryuu. Morimoto tried to escape Kyuu's grip, which he would have been able to if it hadn't been because of the fact that Ryuu had also taken a hold of him. He soon gave up and sat on the ground. 

"I was returning the costume" he admited. "So it was you! The one who dropped the plant pot" said Megu with an angry voice. Morimoto looked up. He did not say anything. "Has anyone ever told you that you are really pretty?" was what he responded. Megu's eyes suddenly grew and she started to blush. Kyuu was rather confused about the comment and Ryuu didn't seem really happy about it. "Stop changing the subject, was it you or not?" interupted Ryuu. Morimoto sighed. "I was only told to put the costume on and push the pot. I didn't realize at first that there was someone walking right underneath it" he admitted. 

"Wait" said Ryuu. "So you are saying that everything was already set up and you only pushed the pot?" 

"There was certainly a plant pot there when we went down the stairs. That explains it. I thought it was a random place for it to be there but I didn't pay much attention to it" said Megu. "But I saw you leave with your friends, how were you able to come back with a costume on so fast?" 

"Well I see someone wasn't following me at all" responded Morimoto while looking at Megu. She diverted her eyes. "I only went to the classroom next door because someone had called me. I found a note on a desk with the costume. I have been collecting something these past few weeks and the note said that if I did what it instructed whoever left the note would give me what I wanted"

The three of them stared at Morimoto for a while. "About how many people know about you collecting whatever that is?" asked Kyuu, finally breaking the silence. Morimoto thought about it for a while and then said, "well, now that I think about it, I had only told Yamaguchi about it. It is kind of embarassing so I only told him since he was my best friend" His expression saddened. 

Kyuu's POV

We soon left Morimoto go. This is really strange. According to what he told us, only Yamaguchi knew about his hobby. But then he recieved a card saying that he should drop a plant pot from the stairs which coincidentally Megu and Ryuu where walking down. The only person which could have ever known about Morimoto's hobby is... KARIN! She was his girlfriend so naturally he would have told her many things. But then, why would Karin make him do that?

I was in my room with Ryuu. We were laying on our beds, he was reading while I just just blindly staring at the ceiling. Suddenly the phone rang. It was Kintaro. "Kintaro! How are you?" I asked while I sat up. Ryuu put his book down. I put the phone on speaker mode so that Ryuu could hear as well. "Sorry for not calling before but I was rather busy"

"It's okay. Did you find anything about Yamaguchi?" I asked

"Well not precisely. Apart from the fraud, which Kazuma told me about, I didn't reall y find anything about him. I did however find something about his girlfriend, Koyama Karin" said Kintaro. I looked up and Ryuu and I were facing each other, as if we were thinking about the same thing. "She used to have a brother, Koyama Shinta. He was one grade above her and he commited suicide right before entering high school. According to what I found out, him and Yamaguchi used to be close friend and they went to the same school" 

Megu's POV

I should probably visit Karin. I walked down from my room to the second floor, where Karin's room was. I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to answer. She didn't open the door. I knocked again and then found out that the door wa actually open. "Karin? Are you in there?" I asked. Should I go in? I took a step inside her room. Then I saw it all. Everwhere, there were pictures of many people, or maybe just one person, but that person's face was always crossed out. Everywhere around the room from the walls to the floor, there were pictures of the same person with their faces crossed out. I picked up one of the pictures from the floor and looked at it closely. It was Yamaguchi! But why would she cross his face? Wasn't he her boyfriend? Soon I came to a realization. I have to get out of here and tell the boys. However, when I turned around and was about to leave the room, I saw Karin right in front of me. She had dropped the bag she was holding, letting out many more crossed out pictures. I think I am in big trouble. "Karin, what is going on in here" I asked. Her face started to panick. I took a step backwards. She closed the door behind her and started to walk toward me. I kept taking steps back until I was pinned to the window. I am in deep trouble.

Ryuu's POV

Kyuu and I walked out of the room, heading toward the girls' dorm. From what Kintaro had told us we were already able to figure out what had happened. I just hope we get there in time before something bad happens. When we were right outside Karin's rook i heard something break. What was that? "Karin! Opent he door! It's me Kyuu!" he said with a really worried face. There was no reponse from the other side but I could still hear things breaking. I told Kyuu to step back and I got a small package out of my pocket. I picked one of the tools I carried in it and started to unlock the door. When I finally did we both rushed into the room. I noticed all the photographs with the crossed out faces. They were all pictures of Yamaguchi. Now I am 100% sure of what happened. I looked up again and saw Karin's back. She was facing... Megu? "Megu! What are you doing here?!" I shouted rather mad, but I was only worried at the fact that she could be hurt after hearing all those things break. There were pieces of glass all over the floor and some blood stains as well. 

"Get out of here!" shouterd Karin. "STOP IT! EVERYTHING JUST STOP IT!" she was going in sane. Karin started to grab whatever she could and threw it at Megu. Even though she was able to avoid most of the objects, some of them still hit her. Kyuu ran and held Karin while I ran toward Megu and made sure that she was fine. "Are you hurt?" l asked her. Megu hugged me tightly. She was shaking so l returned the hug and held her in my arms. "It's all right, we're here right now so don't worry anymore" I told her, trying to calm her down.

"Karin calm down!" I heard Kyuu say as he was trying to get Karin back to her right senses.

"How do you want me to calm down!? I have been living in a complete misery ever since my brother died! And it is all because of her! lt's all your fault Mitsuko!!" She shouted while pointing at Megu. Megu started to shed tears. I held her tighter and closer to me.

"Karin! Stop, you have gone too far with this." said Kyuu

Karin suddenly became unstable and dropped to the ground. Screaming and crying. 


General POV

After about an hour, when everyone had calmed down a little the police arrived and were taking Karin into custody. The four of them were in a separate room. Karin sitting in front of Kyuu, Ryuu and Megu. Kyuu leaned forward and started talking, "We know what happened with your brother and Yamaguchi three years ago. Your brother was one of the most intelligent persons from his middle school. He was going to have the chance to have a great future until he was involved in an accident right?"

Karin didn't respond for a moment. "He was my only family. Our parents died in a car accident when I was 5. Even though we lived with our aunt, he was my only close relative", tears started to fill her eyes again. "A few days after the accident, I found out that Yamaguchi had caused it so that he could get my brother's spot in some pretigious academy. I was so enraged. After the accident my brother was left handicaped. He could not walk any more and he could barely do anything without having someone help him" Karin started to sob, and choke with her words as she kept telling the story. "He use to have a girlfriend called Mitsuko. After the accident she left my brother when she noticed that he wouldn't be capable of doing much in the future. I think that is what broke my brother's heart the most" There was a pause and then she continued. "In the end, I think my brother wasn't able to cope with all the misfortune that came to his life so he decided to take it all away. He left me all alone. When I transferred to this school last year, I recognized Yamaguchi immediatelly, but he didn't seem to remember anything that had happened. I couldn't even see a sign of regret while I was dating him, of course I did not tell him that I was Shinta's sister"

"So then you decided to kill him" said Ryuu. Both Megu and Kyuu looked at him and then faced Karin again. After having been friends with Ryuus for years, they weren't so surprised by his straightforwardness anymore.

"You are right. I planned it all. I acted to be in love with him. I learned everything about him. When I found out about him buying his results I threatened him and told him that l would tell everyone unless he did what I told him to do so. That morning, I told him to meet me at the roof of the abandoned building. No one was ever there so I thought that that would be the perfect place. While he was facing the scenery, I pushed him down."

The other three were rather stupified and Karin's confession. The girl they believed to be innocent and naive came out to be a total demon. "I burried him right were he had fallen"

"Wait, you burried him" asked Kyuu.

"Yeah, there was no way I could have taken him to some other place, so I burried him there"

The three of them looked at each other with a worried expression. "Then how did the body get to the gym?" asked Ryuu. Karin looked uncertain of what to respond. She didn't say anything for a while and just kept thinking. "I don't know" she said in a low voice. "When it fell from the roof in the middle of assembly I was also very shocked. I was certain that no one had seen what had happened. After assembly I went back to the abandoned building to check out what was going on. The body had been digged out by someone."

There was another pause. No one knew what to say. Suddenly Megu broke the silene and said "Do I look like Mitsuki?" Karin's face turned up, looking straight at Megu's eyes. "I would say you are identical".

Kyuu's POV

What is going on here? Soon after the police to Karin away. "Hey Ryuu, Megu, let's go check the abandoned building, we might find some clues on who took the body." We made our way to the building and to where Karin said she had burried the body. Certainly there were signs of someone having digged here. There was a big hole on the ground with blood stains on it. We looked around for some clues but we weren't able to find anything. When we were about to leave a loud sound came from inside the building. We all ran in, looking for the nature of the sound. When we entered a room that seemed to be a classroom, full of dust and old chairs and tables, we saw it. There was a person, dressed in a black costume and with a devil's mask. "Morimoto?" asked Megu.

There was no response from the other party. "No Megumi. My name is something that you will learn later on" said the creppy man. He had a raspy vioce, as if he was losing it. "Q class, I have been waiting for you for quite some time. It took you kids longer to come here than I had expected". Ryuu made a grimace, "What do you want with us?"

The man took a step forward and said "You three better watch out, especially you my dear Megu." Her face went pale. Ryuu and I stood in front of her. "Someone will be coming for you very soon" he said and started to retreat. We tried to follow him but then the place started to fill up with smoke. Is this a fire? There was no way we could chase him without sophocating with this smoke. "Let's get out of here" I yelled. When we made our way outside the building I noticed that there was no fire. It must have been all set up. 

I turned around and saw Ryuu and Megu hugging but they soon broke apart when they saw me looking at them. Well... I think I can describe this as a rather awkward situation. Ryuu's eyes met mine and I knew exactly what he wanted to say, we need to talk.


SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING... I TEND TO FORGET THAT I HAVE AN ACCOUNT FOR THIS AND THAT I AM WRITING A STORY... :P

WELL ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE LIKING IT...

ALSO... I NEED SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!! I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT TO WRITE D:

OHH AND THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS!!!!