Chapter 1

Tantei Gakuen Q - The New Beginning

When the bell rang and the classes came to an end, the students of Shibusawa Academy were finally able to relax. It had been a long day in mid November and everyone was packing up their stuff to go back to their dorms.

"Hey Megu, did we have history homework?" Kyuu asked

Megu remebered how he had fallen asleep during the class and didn't wake up until they were half way through the next class. Megu sighed and told Kyuu the homework. "Seriously Kyuu! This is the third time you sleep during classes. If you keep doing that you will not pass the winter tests". Kyuu finished packing his books and approached Megu. "That's why you will help me to study right?" he said while making puppy eyes to Megu. Every time he did that she knew that she had no option but to help him. "Ahhh fiiiine... Come on lets go, Ryuu must be waiting for us".

Both of them walked out of the classroom and headed toward their usual meeting place, the cafeteria. Even though it was the end of school, the cafeteria was usually filled with people. Everyone talking, texting and you know, doing things that normal teenagers do at that age. When Megu and Kyuu reached the cafeteria they found Ryuu sitting next to a window, reading a book. On the opposite side, as always, there was the usual group of girls starring at him. Apparently they were Ryuu's (unofficial)fanclub. Megu grinned as she walked passed them, followed by Kyuu. When Ryuu felt a presence approaching him, he stopped reading and lifted his head and smiling as he saw his two best friends approching him. The fanclub started to giggle when they saw Ryuu smile.

"As popular as always", Kyuu winked while Ryuu just put on a sarcastic face. He diverted his eyes to Megu and saw how she was staring at the ground, as if she didn't dare to face him. Ever since last year, Megu started to have these weird feelings whenever she saw Ryuu. She could feel her heart race when he smiled at her, something he usually didn't do unless Kyuu was also present.

Megu's POV

Kyuu... he will never change. I just hope that he will do well in the winter exams. "ahhh fiiiine... Come on let's go, Ryuu must be waiting for us". We walked out of the classroom and made our way to the cafeteria. Once we got there, my eyes instantly spotted Ryuu. He was reading next to the window as always. If it wasn't for the fact that he flipped a page of the book I would have thought that he was sleeping. But knowing him, sleeping in public was something that would never happen.

What is wrong with me? Why can't I look at him in the eyes? If that hadn't happened then this awkward situation between me and him wouldn't be happening...

-Flashback-

I'm ready. When the bell rings, I'll sprint as fast as possible to the bread shop and get my precious melon pan ^^. Time is going so slowly yet so fast! This is driving me insane. One minute before the bell rang I discretely packed my things away. Pulled my chair a little backwards so that it would be easier to stand up and run out. 3... 2... 1... MELON PAAAAAN. I ran out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. The halls were starting to crowd up with people. For the past week, no matter how many times I went to the bread shop, the lady kept telling me that all the melon pans were sold out. This time for sure, I was going to get at least one. I ran passed the hallway and down the stairs, being carefull not to trip. When I was about to reach the shop I heard Kyu yelling my name. I guess I wasn't really thinking about my actions because I turned backwards while I was still running and somehow managed to get my feet tangled and trip backwards. Already lying flat, I was surprised at the fact that the fall didn't hurt as much as I expected but I had, infact, a rather soft landing. Suddenly I heard a voice coming from underneath me "Megu... even though I wouldn't precisely call you heavy, this is still very uncomfortable, please move". It was Ryuu's voice. OMG what just happened?

Author's POV

Ryuu was just passing by when all of a sudden he heard Kyuu yell Megu's name. The girl that was running toward him turn to face the other way and all of a sudden he felt a weight pushing him backwards and throwing him to the ground. Both of them laid immobile for a few moments when Megu finally decided to move after hearing Ryuu. However, when she was trying to stand up, Megu noticed Ryuu's hand right where she was going to step. In an attempt to avoid stepping on his hand, Megu lost her balance, and once again, fell on top of Ryuu. This time her face buried into his neck. Megu try to use her elbows to support herself up and all of a sudden found herself facing Ryuu. Their lips just a few milimeters apart. They could feel each other's breath in their faces. Megu's faces grew red like a tomato.

"Ryuu.... uhmm.... I'm ... sorry ...." said Megu. And just when it felt like their lips were about to touch, "MEGU! RYUU! Are you two alright?" asked Kyuu as he knelt beside them. Megu quickly stood up and they both helped Ryuu up. "Yeah we're fine" said Ryuu. He looked at Megu and noticed how she blushed. "Sorry Ryuu! Hey I have to go... uhmm... I ... have stuff to do. See you guys later!" spatted Megu and left in a hurry.

-End of Flashback-

Megu's POV

Because of my photographic memory I can remember that moment so clearly, as if it had happened just yesterday. Sometimes I think that this so called "gift" is a torture machine. Thos fangirls again. I wonder if Ryuu actually enjoys this or not. I walked pass them without having them even notice me. As we got closer to Ryuu he closed his book, lifted his face and smiled at us. He has such an angelic face. His eyes, his smile, everything about him is so... MEGU! snap out of it! OMG I have to stop with these thoughts. But his eyes are just so... I felt heat rising through my face and decided to face the ground so that the two boys wouldn't notice me blushing.

"As popular as always" I heard Kyuu say. "Shut up..." responded Ryuu with a playing tone. I could feel Ryuu's gaze on me. I was making the best effort to not face him. "What was that!?" exclaimed Kyuu. Ryuu and I were taken by surprise by his comment. "Did you guys see that?" "What are you talking about Kyuu?", I asked. "A person in black robes? I'm not quite sure of how to describe it. It was like a shadow. I don't know but I have a weird feeling about this". Ryuu and I exchanged a confused look and then we turned to Kyuu again. No matter what that was, when Kyuu felt weird about something it often meant that there was something wrong. I just hope it's nothing big.

 


 

Soo.. How was it? I know it might be a little odd at some parts but hey.. its my first time writing like this, im really not quite sure how it is supposed to be. Sorry if its a little too short :/ i'll make an effort to make the chapters longer next time. PLEASE: if  you have any suggestions about the story, maybe something to improve or a situation you would like to happen, just tell me!!! i will try my best to write it out! haha

Thanks for reading again ^^

xx