Chapter 3

Tantei Gakuen Q - The New Beginning

General POV

Kyuu headed towards the girls dormitory. It was a four story building painted light orange. He went in through the main door and up the stairs to the third floor where Megu's room was. He knocked on the door. There was no answer. But when he was about to knock again, the door opened, revealing a sleepy Megu. Even though it had only been half an hour since the incident, Megu looked like she had been sleeping for the whole day.

"Are you okay Megu?" 

"I'm much better, thanks Kyuu" revealing a little smile in her face, seeing as her best friend was worried about her. "Did you find anything about the case?"

"Well, I found a timer and a knife but im still wondering who brought the body up there. By the way, Where's Ryuu?"

"He said he would let me rest for a while. I think he went back to his room to contact the other guys. You should probably go with him. I will try to catch up with you guys as soon as I can"

"Okay, but don't force yourself. I'll come tonight to check on you and tell you if we found out anything" said Kyuu, giving a slight pat on her head and then turning around to head to his own dormitory.


When Kyuu was back in his room, he didn´t find any sign of Ryuu comming back. Kyuu and Ryuu both had to share the room. There were many more boys than girls in the school and they didn't have enough rooms for all of the boys to have a single room, therefore, since last year, they found themselves sharing a room.

He didn't pay much attention to that as he knew that sooner or later Ryuu wwould return, so took his phone and started making some calls.

"...so that's what happened. We will need your help for this" Ryuu heard Kyuu say through the phone as he silently entered his room. 

After a while, Kyuu hung up. "Bikurishta!" Kyuu slightly jumped when he realized that Ryuu was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. "When did you come in?!"

"A while ago" Ryuu said without shifiting his possition nor bothering to face Kyuu while asking the question, "Was that Kazuma?" 

It took a few seconds for Kyuu to respond to the question as he was still a little startled by the sudden appearence. "Uhm Yeah... he said that he can't come here personally but that he will search on the net for information and anything we need. Also, I called Kintaro a while ago and he can't come either because he's being kept busy, but he will find some time to investigate about the case".

There was no response from the boy on the bed. After realizing that there would be no answer from Ryuu's part, Kyuu went ahead to lie down on his own bed.

"I went to chek the scene earlier. I guess you already know about the timmer and the knife." Ryuu said casually.

"Yeah. Now the big problem is to find who did it and how and why", BIP BIP BIP "Ah, i got a text from the detective, they know who the body is. According to them, its Yamaguchi Ryuta. Hey i remember this guy, he's one year above us and i've heard that he is in the top 3 of the students". Kyuu said, turning his sight towards Ryuu.

He could see that Ryuu was thinking but he didn't bother to ask, after all, he would tell him sooner or later. "hey" Ryuu suddenly broke the silence "did you check the body? when I left with Megu I didn't get a chance, and by the time I went back to the gym the body was already removed"

"Ah yes I did. Well if I'm right, Yamaguchi died this morning, I'm thinking between six and 8, right before assembly started. However, what I don't get is the fact that his blood was still very.. fresh, yet non of it dropped on the floor durng assembly. When I looked around the scene, I couldn't find anything that could have possibly contained his blood until the moment he dropped to the floor"

"Well, there could be the possibility that the body wasn't there at the beginning of assembly but was instead taking to the ceiling while we were all listening to the new principal, and that the timer and the knife where just to make us think that the body was there the whole time" said Ryuu.

Kyuu's POV

What ryuu said could certainly be true. But it is also rather hard to believe. the only way to get to the ceiling of the gym is by using a staircase located next to the stage. But those stairs where located at plain sight! 

"hmmm... I think this might get interesting", I turned to see Ryuu, who was now sitting on his bed and with a grin on his face. "I'm going to take a shower meanwhile. We should go back to the scene to find more clues after". He walked into the bathroom.

I don't know what's going on to be truthful. I still don't even get how the body got to that condition. Even if he was dropped from the ceiling, the fall was not drastic enough to mess up Yamaguchi's body so much. If I was disturbed from that bloody scene, I wonder how Megu feels now. That reminds me, I have to go check on her in a while. I guess I'll just bring ryuu with me after we check the gym. Talking about Megu and Ryuu, should I ask why her she's been so weird lately with Ryuu? Well, I guess that since she's been hanging around with only guys lately... mahhh I don't know. I guess I'll just see how everything keeps on going.