Boyfriend

Natalie's life as a kpop idol [HIATUS]

The following week was hetic. Fansigns, concerts, fanmeetings, variety show recordings and more. The girls were tired as ever but the smiles on their faces didn't disappear.

They kept on smiling and hoping that the first album promotion would end soon and they would get their one week off.

On a Saturday afternoon, the girls surprisingly didn't have any schedules so they practiced the songs from the album.

After they finished dancing to 'A', a familliar man came in, applausing.

"Chi PD?" Jaekyung raised her eyebrow as she caught her breath. The short and wimpy-looking man smiled.

"What do you think of a little competition between two idol groups?" He asked. "Cool. But which group?" Hana asked, wiping beads of sweat of her neck.

"A new group that hasn't debuted. Boyfriend." Chi PD said, ending with a smile.

"Who?" Hyunjung tilted her head. He chuckled. "Come in boys." He signaled and six good-looking boys walked in nervously.

"Oh my god! Are they twins!?" Jisook squealed. The boys blushed, not knowing what to do.

"Let's sit and talk." Chi PD pointed at the floor. They sat down on the floor, listening to Chi PD explain.

"It's like this. Boyfriend is going to debut soon and Elite is ending their promotion soon so I thought, why not a little competition between the two groups?" He chuckled as if it was the funniest thing ever.

"I still don't get it. Why us? Why not other male groups?" Hyunjung folded her arms. Natalie kept quiet, too tired to speak anything.

"That's easy! Because Elite is my favourite group in the whole world!" Chi PD exclaimed. Elite cheered and Boyfriend shyly clapped.

"So.... Will you guys do it?" He asked, hoping a 'yes'.

"Sure, why not? It'll be fun, right?" Jaekyung shrugged. "Excellent. This is how it goes." Chi PD clapped loudly and began to explain the details.

"Wait here while I go back to the office and get the camera crew. Happy bonding." Chi PD winked  and ran out of the practice room.

"So..." Miyeon said. "How old are you guys?" Jisook asked. "I'm born in 1988. Anyone?" Jaekyung raised an eyebrow. Boyfriend shook their heads. Jaekyung sighed.

Only Miyeon, Jisook and Jaekyung bothered to talk to Boyfriend. Hyunjung was eating bread while doing splits. Natalie was in a corner, practicing her lines for her new drama.

Hana sighed a deep breath and folded her arms, annoyed by Boyfriend somehow. They couldn't stop fidgeting and blinking.

"Are you guys having a ?" Hana smiled tightly, showing her annoyance towards Boyfriend.

"They're just nervous, that's all." Jaekyung calmly said while fixing her hair in the mirror.

"Sorry." Youngmin pouted. "Aww~! How cute! Hana, just shut up." Jisook rolled her eyes and went back to chatting with Boyfriend.

"So you three are born in 1995? Just like our maknae! Where is she?" Miyeon exclaimed as she looked around for Natalie.

"I'm behind you." Natalie said but she didn't look away from the script she was holding.

"Oh yeah... What're you doing there?" Miyeon turned around and waddled towards Natalie.

"Ooo~! Is that a script!? For what drama!?" Miyeon gasped and tried to steal the script from Natalie.

"It's top secret. Now go away from me." Natalie waved Miyeon away and went back to reading the script. Miyeon pouted, "Meanie."

"Natalie sunbaenim is also born in 1995? That's great! You three can be friends." Hyunseong said, nudging Minwoo and winking at the twins.

Natalie pretended as if she was deaf and continued reading her script. *Friends? They're so awkward, how can we possibly be friends?*

"So do you have handphones?" Miyeon batted her eyelids. "No. We're not allowed to." Donghyun sadly shook his head and pouted.

"Aww~ That's too bad. Thought we could hang out sometimes." Miyeon shrugged and walked away.

"Why are they so slow?" Jisook whined.

Natalie yawned and rubbed her tired eyes. She tiredly got up and went out of the practice room.

"Hey Aaron." Natalie greeted her labelmate in english like they always do. "Yo, Nat! Haven't seen you since yesterday! Lawls." Aaron fist-bumped Natalie.

They chatted and went back inside the practice room.

"Oh Aaron!" Miyeon's face lit up. "Hi noona." Aaron smiled.

"We're back!" Chi PD exclaimed. Aaron turned back to see the camera.

"Time for me to dissappear. Natalie, I'll call you later." Aaron patted Natalie's head and ran back to his group's practice room.

*Who was he?* Minwoo glared at the mysterious boy coldly before turning back his attention to Natalie.

"Hi." He squeaked. Natalie nodded as a greeting.

"And... Cue!" Chi PD snapped his finger.

"Annyeonghasayo! E lite! Delight! We're Elite." Natalie and her unnies said their greetings to the camera.

"I'm your boyfriend. Annyeonghasayo,we're Boyfriend!" Boyfriend greeted.

"We will be competeting against each other but Boyfriend has to beat us in order to pass the mission given by Sistar, the mission faries." Natalie smoothly said, being the mc. The others just nodded and smiled at the camera.

"Let's see... It'll be like this. The old line will compete each other and the young line will do the same. And a special competition between me and Donghyun-sshi. He'll be playing the piano and I'll be playing the violin. Let the best idol win." Natalie read the card.

"The old line will be singing and the young lines will be dancing. You viewers would decide the winner but remember,Boyfriend has to win in order to proceed to the next mission. Hope you guys have fun while watching us. Fighting!" She finished. Boyfriend cheered and Elite clapped.

"And... That's a wrap." Chi PD snapped his fingers. "Kammsahamida!" The idols quickly bowed and thanked the staff for their hardwork just like they were taught to.

Boyfriend left the building together with the staff and back to their own practice room.

"Aish! One more schedule added!!!" Hana punched the mirror on the wall. Natalie's fake smile turned into a sad and tired face.

"Just one more week. Aren't you happy that we won yestetday on Music Bank. We were with CN Blue and we won,so why are you guys so moody and unhappy. Be grateful of what you have." Jaekyung said, folding her arms.

"Oh so you're calling me ungrateful now!? What is your problem anyway? Why do you have to be so perfect and proper? Don't tell that's how you were raised or whatever . You don't understand how I feel. You never asked us how we're doing, look at Natalie. She's exhausted, can't you see?" Hana yelled

"Unnies, don't fight. Let's just endure this till the end. There's nothing we can't do, remember our motto?" Natalie calmed down Hana.

Jaekyung looked away, Jisook and Miyeon looked at each other, sighing.

"Rainbow has risen! " Hyunjung cheered, lifting the cimmerian atmosphere up.

"Right. Whether 6 or 7, we won't give up till we reach the very top. So don't fight." Miyeon said, pulling Jaekyung and Hana into a big hug.

"GROUP HUG!!!" Hyunjung screamed and pulled Natalie into the hug. Jisook sighed and joined the hug.