We're still the same as always

Falling for you... always and forever

‘Stop that! You’re going to burn a hole in my baby’s head!’ Jonghyun snapped as he snatched the sonogram out of Minho’s hands.
Minho looked at him perplexed, ‘what? I was just staring! I can’t figure out where the baby is. It all just looks like a blob to me.’
‘You may not realise this but when you stare at things, the charismatic stare of yours burns through things. I’m surprised you haven’t set anything on fire yet,’ Sungmin added into the conversation.
‘What? That’s not possible. It’s just something the fans made up because my stare is so intense. I’m NOT going to burn my nephew’s sonogram,’ Minho exclaimed whilst grabbing the sonogram out of Jonghyun’s hands.
Jonghyun growled, ‘it is possible. Whenever I feel my back burning or the hairs on my neck stand up, I know that it’s you staring at me. Besides, how do you know if my baby is a boy?’
Minho shrugged, ‘lucky guess.’

‘Well I hope you’re wrong,’ his wife said as she walked out of the hospital check-up room with Sica and the rest of snsd, ‘I want a niece.’
Jonghyun walked up to Sica to support her but not before giving Yuri and high-five and shouting, ‘yeah!! I want a baby girl!’
Taeyeon rolled her eyes, ‘but you’ll love the baby even if it’s a boy right?’
‘O-of course! Why do you even ask?’ he stuttered.
‘No reason.’
‘Yah! Kim Jonghyun! I’m only six weeks pregnant, I can walk by myself!’ Jessica said.
He immediately let go of her waist but continued to hold her hand, ‘better to be safe than sorry.’

Jessica rolled her eyes but chose to ignore him and turned her attention to Minho.
‘Lemme see the sonogram.’
He handed it over to her but cried, ‘noona! I can’t see it!’
‘I’m sure I can find my own baby,’ she said confidently and turned to the sonogram.
Minho shook his head, ‘I don’t think so.’
Sica narrowed her eyes but soon gave up and flopped into one of the plastic chairs.
‘I can’t find my own baby!’
Tiffany glanced over from her seat and at the sonogram before pointing out at a blob, ‘that’s the foetus.’
‘Ewww… don’t call the baby a foetus!’ Yuri exclaimed.
‘But it is a foetus!’

Jonghyun and Sica both stared at the spot Tiffany had pointed at but still could not see it.
‘Don’t worry. At six weeks, it is really hard to see and barely there. I don’t think it’s even developed into a similar shape as you’d expect,’ Onew said from across the room.
‘What would you know? You still couldn’t see Hana in the sonogram when she was six MONTHS,’ Taeyeon teased.
Onew shrugged, ‘maybe all us SHINee boys are bad at these things.’
‘Super Junior boys too,’ Sunny said.
‘Yup, totally hopeless,’ Hyoyeon sighed as she pointed a finger at Eunhyuk.

While all this was going on, Sica continued to eye the sonogram with a stare almost as intense as Minho’s. Yoona noticed and went to massage the tension out of her shoulder muscles.
‘Don’t worry,’ she said.
‘How can I not worry? I hate myself!’ Sica cried.
At the sight of tears, Jonghyun immediately launched out of his seat and backed away from his wife. Yuri glared at him and rolled her eyes at him before taking his seat to comfort Sica.
‘Don’t hate yourself. You’re going to make a lovely mother and you haven’t done anything wrong! I just know that you’re going to take good care of little Jongsica,’ she said.
‘But I can’t even see my baby!!’ she wailed.
All of the guys looked at her in alarm and slowly shuffled off and pretended to stare absentmindly at the hospital walls and posters.  
Taeyeon squatted in front of her and wiped her tears, ‘Sica, don’t hate yourself for that. Trust me; no new mother can spot her baby at six weeks without help. It just takes a lot of experience and patience. You’ll get there eventually when your motherly instincts kick in.’
Sica nodded and sniffed. Jonghyun carefully shuffled towards her and smiled, ‘ar-are you okay?’
She smiled at him and nodded, ‘yeah, but I could sure use some food right now.’

‘Why is it taking so long?’ Sooyoung whined.
‘Have some patience, unnie,’ Seohyun said.
‘But I’m hungry~~~’
‘Seo-baby is right you know. We only ordered ten minutes ago, Sooyoung,’ Sunny said.
Sooyoung shook her head, ‘doesn’t matter! Five minutes is my limit. This is why I like going to Flower House near the apartments! Food is on your table fast and it’s fresh as well!’
‘That’s because it is a very expensive five-star restaurant so they can afford to hire more staff. You have to be patient here because there are less people helping out in the kitchen and more customers,’ Key explained.
‘Then why are we eating here?!’
‘Because Sica said she wanted to eat here so we are eating here. Pregnant ladies first,’ Sica said.
Sooyoung pouted, ‘I’m not Jonghyun oppa. Don’t go thinking I’m going to give way to you for the next eight months, Sica-ah. You’re going to be treated the same as usual.’
Jonghyun glared at Sooyoung but Sica laughed heartily, ‘that’s what I was hoping for. Just because I’m pregnant does not mean I’m a fragile ice sculpture.’
‘But our baby is,’ growled Jonghyun, ‘Sica, you have to starting thinking, caring and eating for two people now. Don’t go doing anything reckless.’
‘Yes, Jonghyun. I know~~ you’ve told me forty-two times since we left the hospital,’ Sica sang.
‘I’m just reminding you.’

Sooyoung interrupted their stare-down when she squealed.
‘Food is here!!!’ everyone exclaimed happily.
The waiters looked at them strangely and approached them slowly, hoping not to be attacked by the hungry idols as they grabbed for the food.

 

(a/n): hey! It's been around six months since I've updated due to school, exams and personal commitments so... SUPRISE!!! new chap for you guys, hope you haven't given up on this story yet. I will hopefully update more often now and also, The Nine Princesses will be updated within the week so look forward to it!! bye for now~~

Comment and Subscribe~~