dinner

I'm not dreaming my life!

You left as fast as you could after receiving the call. You left your 2 dongsaengs/friends confused at home.

When you walked in the house, a disgusting smell hit you in the face. You walked to the kitchen and saw a huge pile of dishes and a pan that was black from the inside. You opened the window and walked to the livingroom. The TV was on but there was no one. You saw glass on the floor and started to get worried. The pillows were on the ground and on the couch there was a red stain. You guessed it was wine and rushed to Eun Mi's room. She wasn't there but her room was clean for your relieve. There were a few toys on the ground but it looked okay and there wasn't a weird smell at all.

You closed the door and walked to Kai's bedroom and there you found both of them crying. Eun Mi was hugging him while the tears just rolled down his cheeks. you saw a huge pile of clothes in a corner, the curtains were closed making the room look dark and everywhere you saw pictures. Some of them were ripped apart. You could feel anger boiling inside of you when you saw Eun Mi's tears. You lifted her up and patted her head.

'It's okay. I'm here. Please don't cry.' you said while wiping her tears away. She calmed a bit down and rubbed her eyes while nodding.

'I and daddy have to talk a bit, so go to your room and keep the door closed for a bit, okay?' you said and she nodded again. You smiled and put her on the floor so she could go to her room. When she closed the door behind her, you turned around and took a step towards Kai. Before you even could think, you slapped him with all the energy you had left. He looked shocked as if someone just woke him up.

'YOU ARE DISGUSTING!  I HATE YOU FOR BEING LIKE THIS! GROW UP! YOU ARE A DAD!!!' You yelled and he turned to you.

'It's enough, Kai. No matter how much you're confused and feel pain. You can not let this house be like this. Think about Eun Mi for once!' You kept shouting.

You opened the curtains and a window to let fresh air in.

'I'm sorry.' He whispered.

'Sorry doesn't make everything better. Sorry doesn't give Eun Mi savety.' You hissed without looking at him.

'If you really want to apologize, clean up this mess and take good care of Eun Mi.' You looked at him and he wouldn't make a sound.

'You clean up your room and the kitchen, I'll do the livingroom.' you said and walked out. Kai slowly got up and started cleaning.

Before going to the living room you peeked inside Eun Mi's room. You faked a smile.

'Eun Mi. It's time to clean. Your room looks okay, so you can play but you will have to make sure all your dolls and stuffed toys will on their place. Deal?' you said and she nodded.

'Deal.' She said and you smiled before going to the livingroom.

The 2 of you, cleaned, vacuumed and did the laundry.  After 2 hours the whole house looked, smelled and was clean. You cooked something fast and 30 minutes later the 3 of you were eating dinner. You stared at Kai and saw that he had lost weight again. He wouldn't really eat and just poked the food.

'End you weird relationship with him!'

You remembered your friends words and you sighed. If it was that easy.... you thought when suddenly the thought of Sa Rang popped up in your mind.

You hesitated but after another glance at Kai, you knew that this probably was the only way.

'Kai... What would you do if you could see Sa Rang one more time?' You asked and his mouth dropped.

'Why do you suddenly ask?' He asked back.

'Just answer me.' You said and he looked at his food again.

'I don't know...' He answered and you felt annoyed.

'I know where she is and actually I send her a mail every week.' You said and Kai gasped.

'Where is she?' he demanded rather than asked.

'If I tell you, what are you going to do?' You asked and you knew that he was getting annoyed and impatient.

'Never mind. No need to tell me. You can keep your secrets.' He hissed.

'She is in America.' You sighed.

'i already said that you didn't need to tell me. I have no right to see her anyway.' He sighed and you immediately felt the anger coming back. You slapped him and Eun Mi was shocked.

'You're right! You have no right to see her! BUT you also have no right to treat me and Eun Mi like this!! And if you still feel confused and sad because of Sa Rang, should see her at least once. NOT for yourself but for Eun Mi.' You said and again he looked shocked at you.

'You are not taking good care of Eun Mi and if seeing Sa Rang could solve all that, you MUST go. Sa Rang is just like you. She tried to meet new guys but she's still stuck with her feelings for you. She is lonely and all on her own there. Maybe meeting could help both of you to move on or start from the beginning.' Your words hurted a bit but you were determined to convince him.

'So how about you go tonight?' You said and he gasped.

'What? That fast?' He said a bit paniced.

'The faster we send you there, the faster eveything will be solved. We shouldn't waste anymore time because you already wasted enough.' You said.

'Eun Mi!! Wanna sleepover at mom's house?' You said and she looked surprised. She nodded fast and smiled.

'Let's go prepare you clothes then!' you said and got up.

'Kai, clean up and prepare your stuff.' You said and left. He was amazed and yet he still could smile.

'You never change.' He said to no one.

it was already 10pm when everything was done. Both of them were ready to leave. Eun Mi was wearing a pajama and fell asleep on the couch.

You had called Sa Rang and told her about it. She was shocked by your plan and wanted to refuse but you scolded her and told her that even she was stuck with her feelings. In the end she accepted it and told you that she would pick him up from the airport but that he shouldn't get his hopes up. You bought a ticket and the plane would leave at 5am. So Kai would have to be at the airport at 3 am.

You sat down next to Eun Mi and pulled her softly on your lap. Kai took a seat in front of you and holded a bottle of wine.

'Don't you dare drink anything.' you warned him and he chuckled while bringing the wine back.

'You're always the same.' He said and you knew what he meant.

'Yeah, I will always be like a mom. The only thing that has changed about me is that I got even more bossy and y.' You said haf joking while inside you knew it was the truth about yourself.

'No it's not the only thing. You also got prettier with time. I'm still amazed that you don't have a boyfriend. You're caring and protective. A perfect wife.' Kai suddenly said serious and you froze.

'i'm not even 20 yet, what are you talking about being a wife?' You said jokingly and he just shrugged his shoulders. He started to ask questions and you told him about the party, your friends and about starting to work with your father. It was a long story but kai just listened to you and you realized that it had been quite a few years when he would listen to you like this. Most of the time you wouldn't talk like this and if you would, it would be about Kai's life, Mi Young or Eun Mi.

Time went by fast and when it got 1am, you carried Eun Mi to your car. Kai put his suitcase in his car and wanted to do the same with Eun Mi's bag.

'Kai, put her bag in my car. Then I can just take it out in the morning.' You said and he nodded.

You gave him a hug before going in the car.

'You have to bring her back and maybe then your family will forgive you and accept Eun Mi.' you said and he looked sad again.

Just when you wanted to drive away, kai knocked on your window. You opened it and looked confused at him.

'Can i go with you to your house? I want to see where Eun Mi is going to stay... Not that I don't tru-' Kai said and you smiled

'I understand you, Just follow me then.' You said and closed the window.

When you arrived at the home, Kai's eyes widened. He carried Eun Mi while you opened the door for him. He followed you to the livingroom and you pointed at the couch when you noticed your 2 dongsaengs. You introduced them fast and kai put Eun Mi on the couch. He left and you explained the girls what had happened. They understanded and you were thankful for that.

You thought about a way of thanking them and ended up inviting them to the next city, so they could have a date with their boyfriends. They agreed and you took Eun Mi to your room.

The next morning, nothing went well. Siwon and Sungmin made ___ mad. You bullied Kyuhyun till your dongsaeng asked you to stop.  You did what she wanted and pretended not to see how Kyuhyun treated Eun Mi. You were happy that he admitted his mistake and ____ got mad at him this time for acting so childish.

You helped the 2 girls with choosing an outfit and the 3 guys returned from the hotel. When Eun Mi remembered something about Mi Young you kinda started to get scared.

On your way there you kept thinking about it and when you finally arrived the whole groups was acting weird. You tried to ignore it and took them to one of the stores. In the end Eun Mi asked you why they were acting like that and you snapped. You took Eun Mi out of the store and everyone followed.

You scolded them and told them to do whatever they want and took Eun Mi to the cinema. After the movie you went to eat something at Mi Young's favorite restaurant.

You slowly started to feel nervous and when you bought the red and yellow flowers, Eun Mi got quiet. You knew why.

 

/ending of all flashbacks/

You opened your eyes and smiled sadly.

'It's been a year, Mi Young unnie. How are you?' You said while touching the stone. You put the flowers on the grave.

'I send Kai to America. I did what you wanted to do years ago. Did I do well?' You said and the tears filled you eyes.

'Unnie, why does it hurt so much to do the right things?' You asked but didn't get an answer.

'Eun Mi, is confused. She doesn't remember you now but I'm sure that you are still in her heart. I will take good care of her for you.' You said.

'Eun Mi!  Come over here for a bit.'  You said to Eun Mi that was pulling flowers.

'Please greet my friend. And here put these on her grave.' You said and handed her one yellow and one red flower. Eun Mi looked at you with big eyes. Her hands trembled when she put the flowers on the grave and she bowed her head slightly.

'How are you doing?' She said and you patted her head.

'Mi Young Unnie, I'm going to take Eun Mi with me now. I'll try to visit more, okay?' You said and bowed your head.

'let's go.' You said to Eun Mi and she holded your hand. Eun Mi looked back one last time at the grave while walking away.

 

 

You looked at the time and saw that it was already 5pm. You didn't know if you should call the others but they would probably blame you if you called them for disturbing them and you ended up taking Eun Mi to eat something.

When you got into the restaurant, you saw Donghae. You were shocked and wanted to walk away but just when you walked to the door you bumped into Leeteuk and Yesung.

 

'Ah, you're here too? Are you leaving already?' Leeteuk smiled and you hesitated.

'Uhm.. I..' You didn't know what to say and Eun Mi hided behind you.

'Who's this?' Yesung asked and crouched down to reach her eye height.

'She's... Well she's Eun Mi.' You said fast.

'Eun Mi don't be scared. These are also friends of me.' You said and she hesitated.

'Hello, I'm Eun Mi and I'm 5 years old. Nice to meet you.' She said and they smiled.

'Hello Eun Mi, I'm Yesung oppa and this is Leeteuk oppa. It's nice to meet you too.' Yesung said and you frowned when you remembered what he had done to your dongsaeng.

'Eun Mi let's go eat somewhere else.' You said and lifted her up. Both guys frowned.

'Why don't you join us?' Leeteuk said.

'No thank you. _____ is still waiting for me and these days, you can't leave them alone because people like playing around too much. And I would hate it if ANYONE played around with my friends.' You said and glared at Yesung.

He gulped and looked away.

'Come on. You can call her to come too. Let's go.' He said and put his arm around you. You tried to struggle but he just pulled you along easily.

'Guys, look who we found.' Leeteuk smiled and Donghae, Heechul, Hangeng and Eunhyuk looked up to us.

'Hello, I'm sorry for interrupting your dinner. I was about to leave when he dragged me here.' You smiled and pushed his arm away. You avoided looking Donghae in the eye and put Eun Mi down.

'This is Eun Mi and she's 5 years old. I took her out today to have fun, right Eun Mi?' You said and she nodded.

'I'm sorry but she's very shy and won't talk unless I tell her it's okay.' You apologized and they nodded.

'Then don't keep standing, please sit down. We were about to order.' Eunhyuk said and Leeteuk pushed me towards the chair besides Donghae. You grabbed Eun Mi and put her between the two of you and sat down. Leeteuk sat down next to you and you noticed Donghae staring at you.

'The menu.' A waiter said and gave everyone a card.

'Eun Mi, what do you want to eat?' You asked and she looked at the card with pictures.

'Omma, can I have this?' She said and you thought ** . All of the guys turned their attention to you and looked at you with big eyes..

'No, it's not what you think it is... It's a bit complicated.' You said and they still looked at you. You sighed and wrote something on your phone and passed it to Leeteuk. He made and OH face and passed the phone to the next one. The last one was Donghae and his face relaxed a bit and after that he frowned again. You took your phone back and saw your wallpaper.... It was one with Kai, you and Eun Mi.

'Omma, I want to see it too! Why do you only show it to the ahjussi's?' Eun Mi said and Heechul almost choked on his water.

'Ah- ahjussi?' He said and you laughed.

'I'm sorry.' You said with a smirk.

'Eun Mi! Don't call me an ahjussi! Look at how young I still am!' Leeteuk said.

'Look Eun Mi, I just showed them a picture of daddy' You said and Donghae dropped his spoon.

'Ah.. Sorry.' He said softly and grabbed the spoon.

The guys all talked with you and Eun Mi till the food arrived. You got a call and saw that it was Kyuhyun...

You excused yourself and picked the phone up in the bathroom.

'Hello?'

'Unnie, it's already 6pm, when do you want to eat?' you heard your dongsaeng say.

'Uhm, I'm already eating with Eun Mi. I didn't call because I didn't want to interrupt you 2 and Kyuhyun would probably nag, if I did.' You said.

'Then, when are we going to meet up?' She asked.

'There's no need for that right? You can just finish your date with him and then go home together with Siwon, Sungmin and ____' You said.

'Okay, then we'll see you at home. Bye~' She said and hang up.

When you walked back to the table, the food had already arrived and Donghae was helping Eun Mi with eating and not dirtying herself. You smiled and watched them till Leeteuk noticed you standing there and waved at you. You walked over to them and sat down.

'Who ordered for me?' you asked and they all looked at Donghae.

'Uhm, she pointed out what you would like to eat and I ordered that. If you don't like it, I can order something else.' He said and was about to call for a waiter but you stopped him.

'No, there's no need. This is actually my favorite. Thank you.' You said and smiled at him. He was surprised but smiled back at you.


 

Yepp thiss is wayyyy shorter!! ^-^ What did you think??

Who should I let her end up with? ('o')

please comment!! I had to write this chapter twice because of aff T.T

Well I updated!!

~R~