Truth Be Told

Our Happy Family...Not

 

"How?" Jaejoong immediately asked, not believing that Changmin had found out about him.
 
"Yeah Changmin, I didn't tell you anything about Jae before." Yunho said.
 
"Yamapi told me about it. An hour after I came back from your house, Yamapi came to visit me and he told me everything about Jaejoong." Changmin said.
 
"Everything?" Jaejoong asked, his hold on Junsu's hand tightening.
 
"Yes. Everything. Including the real reason why you leave appa and me behind eighteen years ago." Changmin stared at Jaejoong.
 
"Do you want me to tell appa or do you want to tell appa yourself?" Changmin asked.
 
"I..." Jaejoong stopped, looking at Yunho immediately.
 
"I understand. Junsu, come on. Let's go home." Changmin said, holding onto Junsu's wrist.
 
"B-But..." Junsu said, trembling as the thought of Jaejoong leaving him became harder for him to bear. Jaejoong grab hold of Junsu's other wrist.
 
"Junsu will stay with me. Alright honey?" Jaejoong said, sensing the boy's worries. Junsu immediately nod, sticking close to his adopted father.
 
"Well Changmin, you can leave first. I'll send them home later." Yunho said.
 
"Now who said I'm leaving the two of them under your care? If they are staying, I'm staying too." Changmin said, standing in front of Yunho.
 
"Old man." Changmin called cheekily causing Yunho to glare at him.
 
"You call me that again, I'm going to hit you." Yunho warned.
 
"Not when I hit you first." Changmin said before punching the older man in the stomach.
 
"Ow! Changmin ah." Yunho called, punching the boy in the arm.
 
They heard someone coughed and they turned to look at Jaejoong and Junsu. Immediately, Yunho's smile vanished as he felt the awkward atmosphere once again.
 
"Let's go...living room." Yunho said, pointing to the living room before walking first.
 
Changmin gestured for the other two to follow Yunho. They settled down in the living room, with Junsu and Jaejoong sitting at one side of the couch and the other two at another couch. The four of them stared at each other silently, none of them having the courage to speak up first.
 
Changmin looked at Yunho, waiting for him to say something. Yunho made a face at his son causing the boy to glare at him. Yunho pout slightly at Changmin, not wanting to start the conversation.
 
"Do it." Changmin mouthed angrily at Yunho.
 
"How is the...company?" Both father and son look at Jaejoong once he asked the question. Jaejoong looked at Yunho as if he was waiting for an answer from him.
 
"Good. I'm the chairman now." Yunho told Jaejoong and he sees Jaejoong smile slightly.
 
"So he didn't kick you out eventually." Jaejoong said.
 
"What did you say?" Yunho asked, not believing what he just heard.
 
"We're just pawns. All part of his game. Even after he long had died, we are still trap in his little game." Jaejoong said bitterly. Yunho sees Junsu immediately hold onto Jaejoong's hand tightly as if he was trying to calm the older man down.
 
"What do you mean by game? What are you talking about, Jae?" Jaejoong remained silent and Junsu decides to tell Yunho on his behalf.
 
"Appa suffered so much because of your family. I would rather choose him not going back into your family."
 
"How could you say that? He's my father." Changmin said, standing up as he feel the agitating feeling in him.
 
"Well, he's my father too. So, if staying away from your family means that he's going to be safe, I will make sure of that." Junsu said, standing up also.
 
"Junsu." Jaejoong softly called, pulling the boy down to sit beside him again.
 
"I made a promise to your late father that I won't come back to you unless you find me. If I don't follow what he said...he will pull your name out of the family register as soon as I break the promise. That's why I leave you, Yunho." Jaejoong said, revealing the truth.
 
"I know about that but you wouldn't leave me just because of that, Jae. I know you. You're not that weak to actually follow what that old man said."
 
"I am weak, Yunho. Without you, I am weak. That's why I moved to Japan. Initially, I wanted to just stay near you but your father..." Jaejoong immediately stop himself.
 
"What did he do to you?"
 
"Everytime we move to a different house in Korea, someone would either set the house on fire or force the landlord to kick us out." Junsu said, frowning at the memories that was coming back into his mind.
 
"Yamapi didn't tell me about that." Changmin said, his face pale as he imagined what Jaejoong had to got through.
 
"I didn't tell him about that. Junsu almost died in a fire because I left him in the house for a few minutes to get some things from a shop nearby. Since then, I decided to leave Korea and move to Japan. I don't dare to leave Junsu alone. Everytime I do that, I remembered all the things he did to us. Can you see it now, Yun? Your father really wanted me dead. That is the proof of how much he hated me for marrying you. How much he hated me for just being in your life." Jaejoong said, looking at Yunho.
 
"He died a long time ago. Why didn't you come back?" Yunho asked, his eyes staring at the carpeted floor.
 
"I was afraid. He told me that even if he is dead, there are his followers who would make sure that I won't be able to see you. I was scared. I was scared that if I come back and I find you again, you will immediately lose all the things you have up until now."
 
"I don't need all those money, Jae!" Yunho shouted, standing up immediately. Changmin jerked up, shocked at his father's sudden outburst.
 
"How could you leave me just because of that? You should have told me about it. Don't you trust me, Jae? Even without the back up of the Jung Industries, I can still live in this world!" Yunho said, finally breaking down.
 
Yunho falls down to his knees, his tears dripping. Changmin got beside Yunho, trying to pull Yunho up but the man won't budge. Changmin frowned at Jaejoong.
 
"Don't think that you're the only one suffering, umma. Every single night, appa cries himself to sleep and would wake up suddenly calling for you. Every single night, he will keep having dreams about you leaving him. Do you know how much he suffered because of you? Trying to raise me singlehandedly while managing the company as the chairman for the last eighteen years, do you know how hard it is for him? Appa needs you in his life, umma. Please come back to him." Changmin said.
 
Jaejoong looked at the silent man before deciding to stand up. He walked up towards Yunho, kneeling down in front of the man. Yunho looked at Jaejoong, his eyes wet from his crying. Jaejoong cupped Yunho's face, looking at Yunho just like he would normally do.
 
A gentle smile on his face with his eyes showing the happiness of seeing his lover. Jaejoong hugged onto Yunho tightly with Yunho instantly wrapping his arms around Jaejoong and pulling him closer.
 
"I miss you so much, Yunho." Jaejoong said, his eyes closed as he feels the familiar warmth that he was missing for eighteen years already.
 
"Me too, Jae. I love you so much." Yunho said, placing kisses down Jaejoong's jawline and neck.
 
"Don't leave me again, Jae. Please." Yunho continued, staring into Jaejoong's eyes lovingly.
 
"You don't know how hard it was for me to stop myself from flying back to Korea everytime I see you on the news. I promise I won't leave you again, Yun." Jaejoong said, promising the man. Yunho looked at Changmin who was smiling at the both of them.
 
"Come here, you." Yunho said, pulling Changmin into a hug with Jaejoong.
 
"Our first family hug. After eighteen years. You're so slow, old man." Changmin said causing Yunho to frown at him.
 
"You say that your appa is slow then what about you? Still dare to ask me out, hmm?" Jaejoong asked, playfully pulling on Changmin's ear.
 
"I still like you though." Changmin said. That made both Yunho's and Jaejoong's smile vanish. The boy immediately burst into a fit of laughter.
 
"Just look at your ridiculous face! I still like you but I would rather give you to appa instead. Junsu should look at your face. It's so funny. Junsu! Where's Junsu?" Changmin asked, not seeing the boy in the living room.
 
"Oh no, I forgot about him. Junsu!" Jaejoong shouted, running out of the room.
 
"Junsu!" Jaejoong called for his son, his voice ringing through the huge house.
 
"Junsu, I'm sorry. Where are you, darling?" Jaejoong asked as he started crying.
 
"Maybe he went back home or he probably went out with his friends. Why are you getting so worried for?" Yunho asked.
 
"Junsu must have misunderstood everything. He must be thinking that I'm leaving him." Jaejoong explained, turning behind to look at Yunho and Changmin.
 
"I need to find him." Jaejoong said.
 
"Alright, let's go." Yunho said, taking hold of Jaejoong's hand before pulling him out of the house. Changmin followed them before turning to the other way when they stop at a junction.
 
"Junsu! Where ever you are, come out honey! Appa won't leave you. I promise!" Jaejoong shouted, running down the walkway with Yunho following him from behind. Yunho observed the man who had his tears running down his cheeks as he tried to look for his son.
 
"Is Junsu really that important to you?" Jaejoong heard Yunho asked him and he stopped walking immediately.
 
"You're asking me whether he's important? Of course he is. He is my son, Yunho. The one that I adopted and raised like my own son for eighteen years. Both of us went through a lot of ordeals because of your father. Junsu becoming so insecure was also because of your father. Junsu was kidnapped by your father's follower eight years ago and they tried to brainwash my own son! Saying that I'm going to leave him when you found me again. Telling Junsu to stop any news about you coming to me. Do you know how hard it was for me to get his trust back? Now that you found me, Junsu will become insecure once again and it is all your father's fault!" Jaejoong screamed at Yunho, letting out all the things that he didn't want to say. Jaejoong felt himself getting slapped and he looked at Yunho, shocked at what he just did.
 
"Stop blaming him! The guy's dead ten years ago! There's no way he can order people around to make trouble for you." Yunho said. Jaejoong just laugh at what Yunho said.
 
"Are you sure, Yunho? Are you sure he can't still order people around? Because even until now, I'm still being observed by his followers. How did I know that? Because Yamapi is one of them. So, if you think that he still can't order people around, think again. People around us...they're his loyal followers. And they will do anything, I mean anything, just to break us apart." Jaejoong said, turning his back on Yunho before continuing to walk.
 
"Junsu! Where are you?" Jaejoong called, leaving Yunho alone. The sky grumbled, signalling a storm coming in their direction. Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was already a few feet away from him before looking to the sky then back to Jaejoong.
 
"Junsu!" Yunho shouted, his voice loud and clear causing Jaejoong to turn to look at him. Yunho walked towards Jaejoong, his eyes searching for the boy.
 
"It's going to rain soon. Let's find him quickly." Yunho said, holding onto Jaejoong's hand before walking again.