When He Teases You About Your Soft Voice

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]

You went over the words in your head again as you clutched to the box in your hand. All you had to say were three words. Three simple words and then you’d hand him the lunch that you made this morning.

I. Like. You.

That was it. That was all there is.

So why was it so hard to pull your feet forward? Why were there a million butterflies in your stomach fluttering about? Why were your hands so clammy that they threatened to drop the lunchbox?

You peeked around the corner and saw your crush setting up a ladder. You had heard he was putting up banners for the school’s fun fair and he should be done in time for lunch. That was your chance to talk to him.

You watched him climb the ladder steadily, wondering if he would fall and you’d be there to save him like the little mermaid had saved her prince.

No, you shouldn’t wish ill on others.

"Hey, your girl’s there!" You looked up and saw one of the guys pointing at you. Others joined in the jeering as your crush turned and finally saw you. You stepped out of your hiding spot, deciding it was better to get the conversation over with.

"Hi," you called up as he looked down at you from the top rung.

"What’s up?" he greeted with a wave.

You bit your lip and looked around. The other guys had turned back to their work and stopped paying attention but you still didn’t want them around to hear your confession. “Can we…can we talk?" you asked, trying not to sound nervous.

He put his hand on his chin and smirked. “I’m listening."

"I… Can you come down first?"

"What?" He cupped his ears and leaned forward, making you jump in panic. He shouldn’t be so reckless like that. What if he fell?

"I have something important to tell you!"

"What is it?"

"I…" you trailed off, not knowing how to make it sound less awkward.

"Huh?" he laughed as a breeze flew by and tousled his hair. “I can’t hear you!"

"I like—"

"Stop flirting with your girl, bro! Help us with this thing!" The two of you turned to the booming voice at the other end of the roof, where three guys were trying to untangle the strings for a banner.

Your crush glanced down at you again before climbing onto the roof. “Give me a second! Can’t hear your mousey voice from up here anyway!" he ran off with a grin, and you spun around in embarrassment.

You stood there, quietly brooding over your awkwardness until the guys finally got their banner set up.

"Nice?!" your crush shouted.

You gave a nod of approval and watched him run back to the ladder. He came down quickly and you worried that he was going to trip but he landed smoothly in front of you instead.

"You had something to tell me, little mouse?" he asked breathlessly.

Little mouse? Was he making fun of your voice? Well, it wasn’t your fault you were so nervous; it was his fault for being so cute all the time!

You shoved the lunchbox into his hands and stomped away. You would’ve gotten pretty far too if he hadn’t pulled you back by the hand.

Oh my god, he was holding your hand.

"Is this for me?" he asked, looking down at the box.

You nodded.

He gestured to a secluded tree that provided enough shade for the two of you. “Eat lunch with me, will you?"

You followed silently.

When he opened the lunchbox, his eyes seemed to light up and you couldn’t help but feel proud. You had made this meal so many times for your family until you finally got it perfect enough for him.

"Did you make this?"

You nodded.

He tried some of the egg along with the spinach and smiled. “It’s really good. I’m going to ask you to make my lunch everyday from now on, okay?"

You nodded.

"Didn’t you bring your lunch?" he looked around the grass but there were no bags near the two of you.

You shook your head.

He gave you a suspicious look before popping a cherry tomato into his mouth. “Are you giving me the silent treatment?"

You shrugged.

"I thought you had something to tell me," he said, poking your cheek with the back of his fork. “I’m listening."

You pouted but decided now was a better time than any (especially better than before because now he’d be able to hear you clearly). “I like you—mmph!"

He gave a goofy grin, stuffing the egg into your mouth. “It’s good, isn’t it?" he asked as you tried to chew as ladylike as you could manage.

You gave him an exasperated look. How were you going to confess to him properly with all these interruptions?

You noticed his chuckling as he leaned in. “Thank you for the lunch." He wiped a bit of leftover egg off your lips and then kissed your cheek. “I like you too, by the way."

—-

i want baekhyun to flirt with me and tease me like this until i cry ahh is that too much to ask for!!!
i hope you enjoyed it ^___^ i’ve always wanted to cook for others but i don’t have the skills to do so so i must live the fantasy through my stories! *_*