When He Saves You From Detention

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]
 
“I’m going to be late,” you murmured as you tried to sit up. But your boyfriend’s grip held you close on his lap and you giggled as he pressed his lips against your neck, letting out a reluctant moan. “Please?” you asked, turning so that you could see his face.
 
With a sigh, he peeked at you from under his bangs. He made a pout as he rested his chin against your shoulder and pulled you even closer. “But I was just getting comfortable,” he complained.
 
“In case you didn’t remember,” you said as you unlatched his arms, “I have a perfect attendance to maintain.”
 
Finally, you were able to stand but he stood up just as quickly and hooked an arm around your shoulders. “Stop worrying, you’ve still got two minutes.”
 
“Two?” You checked your watch and realized you had read it wrong. “I thought I had five!”
 
This made your boyfriend pay attention to you. “Why do you need five? Isn’t your biology class right upstairs?”
 
You almost smiled at the fact that he remembered your schedule and the rooms of your classes. You had arrived at school early to help him put up banners for the school presidential election and he had decided to end the task on the east wing, where your homeroom class was held, so that you could get there on time.
 
Unfortunately, biology class wasn’t upstairs today.
 
“My class got moved to the computer lab today!” You panicked as you zipped down the hall, dodging the traffic jam of students.
 
When your boyfriend had caught up, he seemed to understand your anxiousness. “Computer lab? In the west wing?”
 
You didn’t even have the breath to say yes so you simply nodded.
 
“C’mon, then!” He grabbed your hand and pulled you forward as you scrambled to keep your books in your arms. Halfway there, he took your backpack from you and swung it over his shoulder, making it easier for you to run.
 
You were so jealous of his long legs.
 
With your hand still clasped in his, he turned his head with an encouraging smile. “Just one more turn and—” but his voice was cut off by the ringing of the bell.
 
You let out a yelp as he yanked you forward and nearly threw you towards the door of the computer lab.
 
Unfortunately, the professor was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. "You're late, Miss," he said in a stern voice as if you didn't know. "Detention after school."
 
You nodded meekly before bowing your head to scamper into the classroom, not daring to look back to see if your boyfriend was still there. The door was closed a second later.
 
-
 
Today had been horrible, you thought as you dragged your feet towards the detention room. First you were late for class, ruining your perfect attendance, and then you had to work with the rudest girl in your biology class because there was nobody left without a partner. It didn't get better during lunch when your boyfriend left you to eat alone, merely leaving a note in his presence.
 
Speaking of boyfriend, you could hear his footsteps catching up to you now. "Where are you going?" he asked, nearly breathless.
 
"Detention," you said with a pout. "Where else?"
 
His reply was a haughty scoff. "You? Detention? Nahh, I don't believe it."
 
You pushed past him as he tried to block your way. "Well, believe it because that's what I get for being late to class."
 
"You weren't late for class this morning." He spoke as if he was telling the truth and you almost fell for it.
 
"What are you talking about? I was—" but you looked up and saw the mischievous twinkle in his eyes. The way he bit his lip made your eyes pop out. "What did you do?"
 
He shrugged and turned to walk towards the detention room. "I don't know what you’re talking about. But I have detention today so I'll see you later."
 
You stood in the middle of the hall as the supervisor closed the door behind him. You didn't know if you were grateful or terrified that your boyfriend had just broken a ton of rules for you.
 
---
 
my school doesn’t do detentions so i had to rely on my knowledge of high school au fics and animes ;A; i hope it’s okay.