Vulnerable

Agent: B

Nana/YOU POV

A receptionist? Like seriously? I know you're rich and all but no need to show it off, and get a receptionist.

And a receptionist that doesn't know what she's doing and clearly didn't know that I will be coming today.

"I'm sorry, but did you make an appointment?" Her dark eyes stared right through me.

If I blew up my cover now, Mr.Kim will probably never speak to me and I will be under Mr.Choi's wings forever.

So saying it all in the most trustworthy voice I can make,

"mmm, yes Mr.Kim sent me, Mr.Choi knows I wil be coming today,"

She was still looking at me skeptically, as if deciding whether or not to believe me.

Suddenly, she smiled which took me by surprise because she looked cute when she smiled. She had an eyesmile.

"Oh, so you must be the women who Mr.Choi and Mr.Seunghan keep on talking about. Oh, please forgive me,it's just that from the way they were talking, I though.." 

What? Did she think that I will look prettier? Shorter? Longer? What? And why do I care anyways? I'm here on a mission, not to impress people. I kicked myslef mentally.

I was giving her my eye stare that I usually give to Kai when he refuses to tell me things and I want him to speak and magically it worked on her too. Oh, Kai how I miss you!

"Well ... older, you know because they said his come is coming today, and I heard Mr.Kim was like 55 years old,"

"50, and I'm not married to Mr.Kim, I'm his adopted daughter" I corrected her.

So older. Oh I guess I will be getting the same reaction when I first greet Mr.Choi and his sons, as they think that his wife will be coming as well. This is going to be a long day.

She was still looking at me with slightly agap, we were having our own staring competition, then as if she just realised that she needs to contact Mr.Choi, she suddenly picked up the phone which I couldn't see because the desk was so damn high and starting dailing him. A few seconds passed before she spoke again.

"Oh, hello Mr.Choi, mmm Mrs.Ki- No Miss.Kim is here...yes she has it..., ok 4 teas coming right up, see you in a bit,"

She then stood up, she was really short and wearing really high heels with a formal dress that made her look slim, while I on the other hand was wearing sneakers and a simple t-shirt and jeans and still looked taller.

She must have realised I was staring at her, as she turned around and looked at me and then at her self and said shly,

"Yeah, I ..mmm being short kind of runs in the family, so yeah"

Right then, I felt bad so I tried to enlighten the mood while we were walking to get the tea

"Oh, no I er.. I was staring at you, because you look really pretty in this dress,"

Really? Is that what you could think off?

"Oh, thank you! You're the first person who noticed what I was wearing today,"

Her eyes seemed so far away when she said that, she didn't even notice that the tea was ready.

Hm, I guess I have another mission to do while I'm here. I wonder who she likes. It's definitely not Mr.Choi, then it has to be one of his sons.

Then again as if she knew I was staring at her, she looked at me and said

"M'I that obvious?"

Which again took me by surprise so I tried to lie to her, but that didn't go well,

"No, I .. was staring at you because.. mmm you looked pretty in th-"

"This dres? Yeah, I've heard that before," she smiled while taking a tray and putting the 4 cups of tea in it and started walking to the elevator, me following her slowly behind.

When it suddenly hit me,

"Why are there 4 tea's, isn't it me and Mr.Choi only?"

"No, his sons are with him, I guess they wanted to be there when you lot discussed what you are going to do while you're here."

I guess, she doesn't know that I am taken hostage in her own work place which is her boss's house. And, why would he tell her, anyways, she'd only run away and he will bribe her with money to keep shut, or he will just kill her, like he's done to his wife.

Suddenly, I felt sympathy for her, she doesn't know what's happening at her own work place, when she probably thought she had an important job as being a receptionist and making important calls and also the fact that she likes one of Mr.Choi's son's but they don't seem to notice her.

This elevator was taking so long, and my hands were getting numb from holding the bag of money for so long. I wonder where his office is.

As if reading my mind, she said, "His office is at the top floor. I was like that when I first started working here, a week ago,"

I smiled at her. Now, I definelty felt sympathy for her, I wanted to shake her and tell her to run away while she can but I can't so I just smiled.

Finally, the door of the elevator opened, I thought his office would be the first thing we see, but instead I was welcomed by a what I would call a ... hall of fame?

Seriously, what is this? M'I in a muesum or something?

These pictures were side by side and they were like 10cm apart and they were all the way to his office, which was a long walk.

While on the way, I was beginning to feel nervous all of a sudden, but I can't back down now, I should be prepared, when we finally reached his office, I was reminding my self to look vulnerable and look down.

The receptionist was about to knock at the door, when I realised I didn't know her name,

"What's your name?" I whispered holding back her arm.
"Jung Yong Joo, but call me Nicole," she whispered back
I decided to tell her my name as well,

"Jinah, but please don't tell anyone,"
She looked surprised at first, but changed it to a smile,

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me,"

Seriously her smile was so cute.                                                                                               When I let go of her hand she knocked at the door, and I quickly rehearsed what I was about to say to Mr.Choi.

She opened the door, and walked in, me after her. Even though, I was wearing sneakers, they made noise, that sounded like I was wearing high heeled shoes.

I was looking down, while cluching the bag, but no one was making noise, or speaking. I guess I was right, the same reaction as Nicole.

Nicole who noticed the awkward atmosphere, decided to break the silence, I suddenly felt homesick, reminding me of how Mr.Kim wouldn't speak in our meetings for the first 10 minutes, and I would be the first to break it, but that was nice silence, this was seriously awkward and uncomfortable.

"Mr.Choi, would you like anthing else?" she said after she placed the tray on his table and was standing by my side.

I was still looking down.

"No. You can go now Yong Joo."

. I don't want to be left behind with a bunch of weirdo's. Oh, come on Nana, stop being a coward.

I looked at Nicole, and she gave me a heart-warming smile and thumbs up and closed the door behind her.

I was still looking at the door, when Mr.Choi finally decided to break the silence,

"So, who are you exactly?" he said in a quite voice, but didn't suit the way he looked.

What? Shouldn't you know? The one who is taking me hostage? But then I realised I must look really young, and he expected an ... old lady?

Turning around to face him, I finally absorbed what the room looked like; it was simple and looked cozy for a reason, but thats when I realised that there were 2 other men in this room, who I straight away decided they were his sons, one was still gawing at me, while the other was staring at me and for some reason I couldn't look away, he had the softest brown eyes I've ever seen, and I just wanted to run away with them, it's like I'm trapped inside them.

Mr.Choi who was looking at my every move, and knew from the way we were looking at eachother, we had to be stopped, so he said in a louder voice,

"Excuse me, who are you?"

Breaking the eye contact I stared at Mr.Choi's eyes instead and said in a voice I would call confident,

"Huh? mmm, my fathe- I mean my adopted father, Mr.Kim sent me here with some money that you wanted,"

Kicking myself mentally, I can't believe I just said that. I need to act more vulnerable and need to keep my voice low.

I looked down and avoided any eye contact. But no one was speaking, I finally decided to look up, I realised, his son who looked younger was looking at me in a disgusted way? As if he hated what I had just said. His stare was uncomfortable, so I looked down again.

"I see, you're his adopted daughter. He never told me he got a daughter. Funny, I used to tell him everything,"

I wanted to blurt out, "well you should have listened to him then." But I knew what the consequences were going to be so I stayed quiet.

Mr.Choi looked at the bag I was holding, and said "Is that the money I asked for?"

"Yes," I mumbled

"Please sit down I want you to feel comfortable here and drink some tea, don't worry it's not poison," he laughed hysterically at his own joke, but no one joined in so I didn't want to seem rude so I laughed nervously.

I looked around to look for a place to sit, there were 2 seats left but they were both in a place I would not like to sit; they were both on either side of his sons.

As if reading my mind, the one who wasn't staring at me in a disgusted way stood up and sat down next to what looked like his younger brother, leaving me the place where he sat, I didn't look at him as he passed by me, and quickly went to sit where he sat, putting the bag on the floor next to my leg.

"So how old are you?" Mr.Choi said as he sipped from his tea, the others joining in slowly afterwards. I just sat there looking down. I felt useless but I had to act vulnerable so they start to think that I am useless.

"22," I mumbled back

"Wow. You are very young. So where is his wife how come you came?"

"Shes dead," I blurted out.

I bet you're thinking why the hell did I just say that, well, this morning Mr.Kim told me that to make them believe you and in order to earn their trust he decided to make his wife dead, because everyone expected her to come and seeing me come instead was just not what they expected. And their reactions proved it.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. And what about his son Hansol?"

"He's in Canada."

That was also part of the plan.

"Ah, and you just turned out to be the only one in Korea at this time, so he just sent you instead,"

It felt more like a statement than a question but I answered back anyways, "Yes,"

After taking a long look at me, he turned around to look at his sons,

"I forgot to mention this one is Seunghan the younger one and the older is Hyun Joong, since you will be staying here for awhile I think it's best that you know who everyone is," they both did a small nod with their heads when he said their names.

So his name is Hyun Joong.

"Oh, and you didn't tell us your name," MrChoi retreated

"Oh yeah it's Nana," I refuse to give him my real name, since only people who I like can call me that. And Nicole is an exception.

"Oh what a beautiful name for a beautiful person," he smiled at me.

If it was someone else who said that, I would've probably blushed.
 

a/n hey guys I hope u like this chapter, it's a bit long, i didn't know what to name this chapter so i just put vulnerable! LOL

Please comment and subscribe if you havent yet!!