Continuity

DECISION II

Chapter 5

Continuity

 

 

Jay woke up from his sleep, stretching his arms on the bed before he sat up. He open his eyes to find that he was not sleeping in his bedroom. “Why do I wake up here? This is a girl room.” He asked to himself as he looked around him. Suddenly, his eyes grew wide when he was looking his reflection in the mirror. His hair was so messy and no clothes was put on his upper body. He quickly took a look under his blanket to see that he just wore black shorts.

"Oh My God! What I’ve done?!" He said as his heart was beating so fast. He covered his body with the blanket to hide his half body in hurry.

Then he heard the door was opened by someone. Jay turned his head slightly to see Yuri standing with his clothes in her hands.

"What’s going on? I can hear your voice from outside the room." Yuri asked.

Jay managed his blanket around his body in protective way like no one was alowed to see his body. "W-w-what did happen last night?" He stammered.

Yuri knew what Jay was asking. She also knew that Jay was afraid and curious about what happened just by his action. No doubt, he woke up with half body. Looking his confused face, she decided to .

"You don't really remember about what we did?" She asked.

Jay shook his head. "No..” He looked so confused. “Uhm... D-did we sleep together?"

She walked closer to him. "Yes.. We slept over on the bed.. y." She emphasized her last word.

His eyes grew wide. "What?!"

She giggled at his expression. 'He is so naive.' She thought and began explaining, "We slept on our bed. I slept on my bed in the other room and you slept here. We did nothing. So, don't over think."

"Now, can you explain to me about why I am ?"

"You threw up on your shirt last night, so I cleaned all your clothes. Here you go, I have washed and dried it. Now, you can wear it again." She put his clothes on the bed.

Jay glanced at his clothes, then looked at her again. "Did we really do nothing? Did you tell the truth?"

She could tell that he still doubted her just from the look in his eyes. "Yes. Do you think that I you huh?"

"No. I don't!"

"Then why do you look at me that way? I know what's on your mind. I won't ever do something like that because I'm not a who willingly sleep with a drunk man! Now, you better get a shower, change your clothes, and eat your breakfast. After that you can go to your home." She said before she left the room.

Jay looked her closing the door, then sighed in relief. 'Fortunately, Siwon is not here too see this. What a shame.' He thought. Still wrapping the blanket around his body, he grabbed his clothes and got down from the bed, walking into the bathroom.

Yuri was preparing the breakfast on the table while she was waiting for Jay to get out of her bedroom. Then a few minutes later, Jay came out and walked closer to her.

“I have to come back now.” He said as he started to walk away. But, Yuri stopped him.

“Eat your breakfast before you go. I have cooked it for you. I think, the taste is not too bad.” Yuri smiled at him.

He looked at the dishes set on the table, then looked at Yuri. “Fine.” He pulled the chair in the dining table and sat on it.

She smiled. “Thank you. Don’t worry, I don’t put any drug in these foods.” She continued, “Hey, Jihoon.. Was it your first time of drunk? You acted like a crazy guy.”

He looked up. “....??”

“You looked so funny when you were drunk.” She chuckled when she remembered last night.

Jay felt the embarrasment again. “Stop it! I don’t wanna recall it again. If it was not because of your strange drink, I would not get drunk like that.”

She smiled. “Okay, fine.. I’m so sorry. Let’s eat.” She sat on the opposite of Jay and they began eating. Yuri felt something different with her feeling whenever she looked at him. He made her so peaceful just to sit next to him. The feeling that she could not feel when she was with Yuzang.

*

*

*

Jay was walking home from Yuri’s apartment while his phone was ringing. He stopped walking and picked up his phone. He didn’t know that someone was hiding a few meters behind, watching him secretly.

“Yoboseyo? What is it, Choi Siwon?” Jay answered his call.

“Where are you? You didn’t go home last night.” His younger brother asked.

“I’m on my way home now.. I-” Jay stopped speaking suddenly when he felt someone watching him from behind. He turned around to see who it was. But, he saw no one. He kept his eyes looking at every direction in alert.

“Hyung? Hyung?!” Siwon called again when he got a long pause from Jay.

Hearing the call, Jay answered the phone again. “Sorry, Siwon.. I feel someone watching me. So, I’ll hung up my phone. I’ll be back soon.” He hung up his phone and looked back once again to see the person who followed him. Then he walked again to the crowd in the sidewalk to lose his trace from the spy.

*

*

*

There was someone knocked at the door, Siwon put his cup of tea on the dining table and rushed to the front door. He unlocked it and pulled the door open.

“Good Morning Senior Choi?” Changmin was greeting him along with his smile.

“Changmin? Why are you coming this early?” Siwon asked.

“Why? Do you mind? Why don’t you let me in? After that, we can talk everything...”

Siwon sighed as he stepped aside to let his comrade in. “Yeah.. Come in..”

“Thank you...” He stepped into the living room, looking around him. “You have a nice house..” He said before he sat on the couch. “Where is Senior Kim?”

“He didn’t come home last night, but he’ll be here soon.. Just wait..” Siwon closed the door and walked back to get his tea.

“Why didn’t he come home?”

“I don’t know, ask it by yourself when he arrives here. Hey Changmin, do you wanna tea?”

Changmin smiled. “Sure..”

Then the door was pushed open as Jay came into the house. He looked at his guest on the couch. “Changmin?” Jay called as he walked closer to his friend.

“Yo Senior Kim?! I’m back.. I finished my mission faster than I expected. So, I come to visit you guys here.” Changmin grinned and got up.

“That’s great! I miss you buddy...” He raised his fist and tossed it with Changmin’s fist.

“Me too.. What make you come home in the morning, Senior?”

Jay looked away as he thought about the right reason to say. Surely, he could not tell him that he slept in a woman apartment. Moreover, about he got drunk and a girl made him . He was sure that they would made a joke of him to death If they knew it. “Uh.. I.. I had a college task to do with a friend till midnight and he asked me to sleep there..”

“Really? Uhm.. Senior Kim, are the girls in the campus so beautiful?”

Jay sighed at his question. “Is there anything else beside girls in your head, Changmin?”

He rubbed the back of his head. “Ah... I’m just asking..”

“About what you said in the phone, were you really followed with someone?” Siwon asked as he a tray of cups on the table before sat on the couch.

Jay looked at his brother then nodded. “Yes.. I felt someone watching me from behind.. I was afraid that he overheard our coversation, so I hung up your call.” He sat on the couch, followed by Changmin.

“I thought it was a sign that we must be more careful now. I’ve found out about Yuzang, main leader of the ganster. He was an ex-emlpoyee  in Taiyo Corporation. The relation of the company and this gangster is none. You can check it in this file.” Siwon took out his folder and handed it to Jay.

Jay read it fast and nodded in understand before gave it to Changmin beside him. “So, we have to make a move. Is it what you mean?”

“Yes.. We should get the chip before 21 April in order to prevent the gang open it.”

“I see.. So, we only have one week left. I have gotten closer with Taeyang, I think it will be easy for me to get in their gang and get more information from him.”

“That’s a great progress.” Siwon said and looked at Changmin. “Changmin? Do you have something to say?”

“I had talked about this matter with Captain Go yesterday. He gave me a mission as Yuzang’s client. I have make an appoinment with one of Yuzang’s hanchmen in the small town.” Changmin explained.

Siwon nodded and said, “Okay, continue it.. After we get the information about their main place from Jay. We will get that chip soon..”

Jay leant off the seat. “Leave that Taeyang to me.. For now, let’s make draft of the plan...” He said as he put his hand on his chin, thinking about the next strategy.

*

*

*

Yuzang and Yuri were walking together to meet their client in the building. Yuri opened the door and smiled to the man standing alone in the room. The man stepped forward to greet his guests.

The man looked at his watch and said, “I’ve waited you for ten minutes.”

“We are sorry for coming late.. Mr. Heejun.” Yuri said.

Mr. Heejun smirked. “Do you bring me that things?”

“Yeah.. Here is your order.” Yuzang showed him a case.

“Good.” Mr. Heejun was about to take the case, but Yuzang got it away from him.

“Not that easy.” Yuzang said.

“Hadn’t I transferred all the money to you? Give that drugs to me.”

“Are you playing stupid with me? Don’t you know who I am? Do you wanna trick me with your fake bill?” He took out something from his coat. It was a letter of agreement. “Do you know what is it? I can’t believe you cooperate with the opposite ganster to trick me. You suggested them to send me the imitation drug ingredients. Are you planning to fool me?”

“Just because of that letter, you point me as the culprit?” Mr. Heejun was defending himself.

“I have another proof for your betrayal.. Taeyang, come in!” Yuzang called.

Taeyang kicked a man into the room, made him falling onto the floor. He grabbed the man's collar and yanked him up to kneel on the floor.

Mr. Heejun widened his eyes to see his partner was tied up and beaten up. "Daebum?! Did you tell him everything?" Mr. Heejun asked.

Daebum looked at his partner. “I’m sorry, Mr. Heejun. I have no choice.”

Yuzang smirked. "I'll show you that I never fail to keep my words. I never play with someone. There must be a punishment for a traitor."

Yuri took out an injection under her coat. "Do you know this? My best drug I've ever made. But, it's so deathly.. I wanna test it to the man if you let me.." She walked closer to the knelt man, syringing the liquid from the injection. She glanced at Mr. Heejun. "What do you think?"

"Stop it! Don't ever stick your drug in him." Mr. Heejun said, he looked frigthened. "Okay! I'll give you my money." He write down a check and handed it to Yuzang. "Please, forgive us for this matter. As the change, I have another client to you. I had made an appointment with him tomorrow. He is a benefit client."

"That's good! You are so faithful with your comrade. But, I never forgive a traitor." Yuzang took out a gun from his coat and shot Mr. Heejun to death. Then he shot the man’s partner on the floor. He killed two men in a few seconds.

"You killed them all?" Yuzang asked.

"Why? You had known me for a long time. Traitor must be dead. There is no exception. It's my rule. Let's go!" He said before walked out the room.

Yuri smirked. "He is a coldblooded man, isn't he? Come on.." She tapped Taeyang shoulder and stepped away.

"I'm not coming with you. I have a class to attend." He said.

"Okay, Taeyang. I’m going!" Yuri said without looking back. She kept walking to follow their leader who was also her boyfriend.

*

*

*

One by one, the students started leaving the classroom and went to their destination. Jay was the last person who came out the room. He looked around him to find someone. Then, from the distance, his eyes catched a familiar male figure in the parking area. ‘That is chicken . I have to get there before he goes away.’ He thought as he run closer to him.

“Hey, Taeyang! Wait!!” Jay called loudly.

Taeyang was walking to his car, but he stopped and turned around to see Jay run in his direction. “What is it?”

Jay stopped his feet in front of him. “Are you going to go home?” He asked.

“Yes..”

“Good... Could I come to your house?”

“Why?”

“Don’t you remember that I saved you last time? So, take it as a return.” He grinned.

He smirked. “So, you are still interested in me?”

Jay nodded.

“Are you sure?”

Jay nodded again.

Taeyang sighed. “All right... Even if I keep rejecting your request, I bet you won’t give up to find out about my secret. Okay if it’s what you want. I hope you won’t regret with your decision. Let’s go..” He said before open his car door.

“That’s my best friend!” Jay said as he followed him to get in the car. Then the car began driving away.

*

*

*

Jay got out from the car and followed Taeyang to walk into the three-story building before him. He looked carefully at the building as he watched some men activities around him. He continued walking into the main room that looked like an office. Secretly, Jay clicked a pen camera in his shirt pocket to record inside the gangster headquarter. Then, the sound of wave was heard in his ears as he looked around him. From the huge window glass, he saw a beautiful scenery of blue sea behind the building.

“Your house is on the coast?” Jay asked as he stepped closer to the window.

“Yes.. It’s a quiet and safe place for us. Honestly, this is not my house. Do you want to guess?” Taeyang said as he walked to Jay.

“Your gang lair.”

“That’s right. It’s our organization headquarter. We do everything here. Before you really get involved in our organization, I wanna ask you something. What do you know about us?”

“You are the drugs gangster who sell the dangerous drugs illegaly. That’s all.”

“Why do you want to join us when you know that we are not working for good?”

“Money.. It’s all about the money. Beside that, I love the challenge too. To tell you, I had ever been a part of gangster before..”

“Really?”

“Yes.. So, don’t judge a book by its cover. You know what I mean?”

Taeyang smiled. “I know and I believe you. I wanna tell you something too. You are the first guy who are willing to be my friend for real. Mostly, some students were afraid when I said the harsh words to them and they just went away. You are different, you came to me and begged me to be your friend. I really appreciated it.”

“Like what I said before, there is nothing wrong with making friend. Taeyang, where is your main leader?”

“He is on the way here. You’ll meet him when he arrives here.”

Jay nodded. “Okay.”

Then, the sound of tapping shoes on the floor was heard as it was getting closer. Jay and Taeyang turned around to see who they were. They saw Yuzang and Yuri walked in their direction. Taeyang put his arms around her shoulders in romantic way as the smiles were seen on their face. Jay widened his eyes when he saw Yuri with Yuzang. He could not believe at what he was watching in front of him. ‘Yuri? You..??’ He asked inwardly.

Yuri looked away from Yuzang and stared at the men before her. She surprised and stopped walking in sudden to see Jay standing there, looking at her.