Meeting Enemies

DECISION II

 

 

Monday, 8 April 2013 ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY KIM !! Wish you all the best :)


 

Chapter 3

Meeting Enemies

 

 

Jay was walking into the living room with two cups of coffee in his hands. He put one of his cups in front of Siwon before sat on the couch next to him.

Siwon looked up. “Thanks.”

Jay smirked at him, then he looked at the papers on the table. “What is it?” Jay asked as he took a sip of his coffee.

“The corporation documents, I got the company details.” Siwon replied, his eyes were not leaving the papers.

Jay nodded. “Did you find something?”

“Not yet.”

“Hey Siwon...”

“Hn?”

“Tell me about Taeyang. You said that you had ever met him before, right?”

Siwon looked at Jay. “Yes.. It was about one year ago when I was doing my assignment in other region.” Siwon began telling him his story. “I met him in the night club. I was there to catch a man who had murdered some people. I got the information that Taeyang knew somthing about that murderer so I coaxed him to help me.”

“Help you?”

His younger brother nodded. “I promised to free him from our fighting and not call the police, but in one condition, he had to tell me about the murderer.”

“You two were fighting?”

“He started first, he broke my motorcycle lamp. He is a cold jerk.”

Hearing it, his older brother chuckled.

“What is funny?”

“Do you know? When I met Taeyang, it reminded me when I was meeting with you for the first time.. I’m just thinking that you had made him losing his temper because of your cold attitude, right? You and Taeyang are the same.. You two are iceberg in the first meeting..”

Siwon looked away. “I’m not anymore...”

“Really? Yeah maybe.. I’ve changed you, right?”

Siwon just rolled his eyes at his statement.

Then, Jay was closing his mouth with his hand, yawning widely. “I’m so sleepy.. I’ll go to bed.. Drink your coffee before it’s getting cold.” He got up from his seat and walked to his bedroom.

Siwon looked at the clock. It was 10.01 pm. “Sleep this early? You are like a student..”

“Don’t you remember that I’m a student now? So, don’t complain.” Jay answered before he closed the door behind.

Siwon shook his head and glanced at a cup of coffee on the table. “Why did he make me a coffee? Is he trying to be a good brother?” He smiled as he took his coffee. He took a sip of it, but quickly spat it out.

“It’s so salty!! You tricked me again, hyung!” Siwon mumbled, cleaning his lips from the salty coffee. He glared fiercely at Jay’s room door.

*

*

*

In this noon, Jay was standing next to his bike in the sidewalk. He was about to bite his sandwich but his phone was vibrating in his pocket. So, he decided to eat it later.

“Geez.. Who is it?” He tried to reach his phone with his hand, but he accidentally fell his sandwich on the ground.  

“Great!” He bent down to reach his sandwich but before he could, a woman shoe tread on his sandwich, making it flat in a second. His eyes grew wide to see it.

“My lunch!” He quickly stood up to face the person who ruined his lunch. “You-!“ He was ready to scold her, but suddenly, he stopped talking after he saw her.

Jay looked at her pretty face without blinking his eyes. His lips were parted as he lost in his daydream. In his eyes, he saw many butterflies and the blooming flowers flying around her. The love song was played in his head. Her face was like shining against the sun light which it looked so beautiful. Then he shook his head to come back in reality again.

“I’m so sorry... Really, I didn’t tread on your food on purpose.” She apologized. “I was calling someone, so I didn’t see that a sandwich was set on the ground.”

“You made my sandwich can’t be eaten again..” Jay said in despairing.

“Once again, I’m sorry. I’ll change your lunch.. Let’s eat together, I’ll treat you this time..”

Jay’s face turned bright in sudden. “Really?”

She smiled. “Yes.. My name is Kwon Yuri.”

“I’m.. Yun Jihoon.” He smiled sweetly.

“Where do you want to eat? Feel free to choose..”

“Ehmm..” Jay was looking around him to find a restaurant with its delicious food. “Let’s eat pasta..” He pointed a pasta restaurant a few meters from his place.

“Okay.. Let’s go..” She agreed as she started walking away. Jay was walking behind her with his bike beside him. He could not stop smiling.

Yuri and Jay were sitting in the restaurant with the pasta set on the table. Jay was eating his pasta like he had not eaten for days and Yuri just smiled to see him.

“So, you’re a student of Korea University?” Yuri asked.

Jay looked up. “Yes..” He continued eating again. “I’m sorry if I am eating fast. I have a class to attend in ten minutes and I don’t wanna be late again.”

“Never mind..”

“What about you, Yuri?”

“Me?” She was thinking of something before she finally answered, “I am a pharmacist in a hospital.”

Jay nodded. “It’s good..” He smiled widely. There was a sauce stain in the corner of his lips.

She took a piece of tissue from the box and handed it to him.

“....?” Jay didn’t understand why she gave him a tissue.

She put her index finger in her own lips, then said, “You have a sauce in your lips.”

He widened his eyes. “Really?” He asked as he grabbed the tissue in her hand and cleaned his lips.

Yuri kept staring at the man before her. “You are so funny..” She said.

“Ah.. Don’t say that, you make me feel embarrassed.” Jay looked away. Then he glanced at his watch. “I think I have to go now.. Thank you so much for the food.. I hope that I’ll see you again..” He said before grabbed his bag and stepped out the restaurant.

She smiled. “I hope so, Jihoon...” She kept looking at him till he was out of sight with his bike. ‘I lie to you.. The truth, I’m a gangster member.’ She said inwardly.

*

*

*

Jay was walking down the campus corridor and found out that Taeyang and Gi Suchan were meeting in the back of the campus. He was curious about it, so he decided to step closer. He spied on them and overheard their conversation from his hiding place. They were talking something serious.

“So, they have started their move?” Taeyang asked.

“Yes.. That’s why I want you to get our money back. They tricked us with their imitation drugs. Tonight, they will have a meeting in an abandoned warehouse.. This is the address.” Suchan handed him a piece of paper.

Taeyang took the paper and read it. “I know this place.. Leave this matter to me.. I can handle it..” He said.

“Good.. Yuzang must be proud to have a brother like you..” He tapped Taeyang’s shoulder.

He smirked and put the paper in his pocket. “Yeah...”

Jay frowned at what they were talking about as he kept watching them. ‘Money? Drugs? So, Gi Suchan, one of the lecturer here is a gangster member too? I have to know where they will go this night and what they will do.’ He thought.

“Hachoouu..!” Jay sneezed loudly in sudden after a dust came into his nose. He quickly closed his mouth with his hand. ‘Stupid! They must realize my present by now. I have to go.’

Taeyang and Suchan turned their head after heard someone sneezing.

“Who is it?” Suchan asked.

“Don’t know. You better go now.. I’ll see who it is..”

“Okay.. I leave this matter to you.” Suchan walked away, leaving this place.

Jay turn around from his hiding place and was ready to run away, but he was startled to see Taeyang had been standing upright in front of him.

“Jihoon? What are you doing here?” He asked firmly.

Jay was thinking fast to answer his question. “I’m looking for you.. So, I wait you here when you were talking with Mr. Suchan.”

“Really? Why are you looking for me?”

Jay smiled and nodded, playing innocent. “I wanna do my task with you tonight.”

“I can’t..”

“Why?”

“I have another business. So, do it by yourself.” Taeyang said before he stepped away.

‘I have to get that address.’ Jay was thinking for a moment before he turned around and walked after him. He bumped himself to Taeyang as he quickly slipped his hand in Taeyang’s pocket to get the paper. Then, he hid it in his pants pocket.

Taeyang stopped his feet and faced Jay. “You bumped me from behind again?” He asked. He didn’t realize that Jay had stolen his address paper.

“Ups.. I’m sorry.. My foot was tripped something.” He looked at his watch. “Ah.. I have a class now. See ya.. Taeyang!” Jay run away, leaving Taeyang behind.

*

*

*

The day had changed night as the stars were shining in the dark sky. This time, Jay was walking stealthily to the warehouse as it's written in the paper. He stepped closer to the window. He was peeping inside the abandoned warehouse from outside the window. There were some men gathering in the room with a black case put on the table. He looked at every gang member carefully. Suddenly, a strong hand shut his mouth from behind, dragged him backward to the safe place to hide.

"Stop strugglind and don't make a noise, Jihoon. I'm Taeyang. What are you doing here? Are you following me?" He asked in low voice as he removed his hand from Jay's mouth.

Jay turned around to look at him. "You surprised me. Yes.. I'm just curious about what you are doing in this place."

"Are you crazy? Do you know what place it is?"

"That's what I want to know and I'm not crazy."

"Leave this place now before you get involved."

"No."

"You are so stubborn. Once you get in this matter. It means you have agreed to face the danger."

"I know and I won't stop now."

Taeyang smirked. "You act like you have a ton of bravery. I guess, you have known all about this, haven't you?"

"Maybe.. But, not all.. Would you tell me?"

"What? Tell you? I won't easily tell about my business with other people."

"If I help you against this gangster and survive till it ends. Would you tell me everything?"

"Tch... What can you do? You are just a college student with a high curiosity. Go home now before your mother looks for you."

"Don't ever underestimate me! Do you think you are not the same with me? One thing that I want to tell you, I have no mother who will worry me. Chicken ." Jay started getting annoyed.

"What did you call me?!"

"Chicken !" Jay raised his voice.

"You!!" Taeyang was pissed off with Jay's words. He clucthed his collar tightly and tugged him closer. They stared at each other in anger. They were busy with their own fighting and didn't notice that the gang had been standing there, looking at them.

"Look... We have two guests here.. I think it's the source of the noise we just heard." One of them said.

Hearing it, Jay and Taeyang turned their head to see three men standing in front of them. Taeyang loosened his clutch in Jay's collar and released him. "Yes.. I have a business with you." He said to the gang.

"What is it? I think we had done enough with your organization."

"Not yet."

The man frowned.

Taeyang glanced at Jay beside him. "You have trapped here with me now.. As you were expected, you are involved in this problem. Now, I wanna see how brave you are."

Jay smirked. “You need my help? Okay..” He made a crark sound with his fists. “I’ll show you my strength.. Leave this guys to me.. Go! Get what’s you want.”

“Really? You can defeat them by yourself?”

“Don’t underestimate me! Now, go!” Jay said as he run to the men before him.

Taeyang smirked. “Okay, I leave them to you. Don’t forget to come back alive..” He said before run away into the warehouse.

Jay threw his bag to the nearest man’s face and kicked him hard on the stomach.The other man rushed to him, but Jay easily catched his arms and spun around, twisting his villain arm before kneed on his stomach. He landed his last srike on the man’s head, knocked him out.

The last man was running at him with a beam of wood, Jay widened his eyes as he avoided the attack.

“Hey, it’s not fair! I use nothing and you use that beam!” Jay said as he looked around him to find something usefull. Then he found ashes on the ground, he quickly took it and spread it to the man’s face. His villain rubbed his eyes from the ashes. Jay used this opportunity to grab the beam from his villain’s hand, he hit him with it, sending him to the ground. “It’s for you, loser.” He said before run away into the warehouse to find Taeyang.

Taeyang was falling to the ground with a man standing in front of him. “Do you think you can take this money easily?” The man said as he aimed the gun to his head. “Now, goodnight.” He started to pull the trigger, but a loud bang was heard as the bullet threw the gun away from the man’s hand. The man and Taeyang turned their head to find Jay standing with his gun.

The man sneered. “Another intruder? You are a sharp shooter.”

Jay looked at Taeyang. “Go, get that money!”

“Jihoon?” He was surprised to see Jay’s serious expression. “Okay.. I believe you!” He got up and grabbed the case, running out the warehouse.

“Who are you? Not all people can shoot that perfect.” The gangster leader asked.

“Thank you for praising me, but I’m just an ordinary college student..” Jay answered.

“Really? Now, could you fight them all?” The man smirked.

Jay frowned and looked back to see some gang member walking in his direction. ‘Oh My God! There are seven men and I’m just alone here. It’s impossible to beat them up by myself.’ He tought and raised his gun to shoot one of them. But, when he was pulling the trigger, no bullet came out from his gun. “What?!” He surprised.

“Are you out of bullet, boy?” One of the men asked.

Jay looked at them as he took a step back. ‘I should do my Plan B. It’s time to run!’ He said inwardly and run away.

Jay was running as fast as possible while some men were chasing after him. He looked back to see that they were getting closer.

“Damn... Why do they still have so much energy to run after me? Ah.. My legs is like going to give up..” Jay muttered. “Where is that chicken ? How dare he just leave me alone here!”

He kept running outside the abandoned warehouse, trying to find the way to escape. Then a black car was stopped before him.

“Get in now!” Taeyang shouted from inside the car.

“Good timing..” Jay said and quickly opened the door, getting in the car. The gangster was a few feet behind Jay but the car had already driven away when they got there. Jay looked at them from the car window and waved his hand to them before leant his back on the seat. He sighed in relief.

Taeyang stopped his car when he felt his villain gangster had been far away from his place right now. He glanced at Jay who was still panting besides him.

“Hey buddy... That was great.” Taeyang said.

Jay looked at him, resting his head on the car seat. “Yeah.. If they could catch me, I would die for sure.. I’m so tired now..”

“Tell me.. How did you do that? Where did you learn it?”

‘I’m an agent, you know?’ Jay said inwardly. “I didn’t learn it anywhere.. It’s just based on my experience.” He answered.

“Really?”

“Yeah.. So, don’t ever underestimate me.. To tell you, I also watched many action movies, it really helped me as a fighter..” Jay chuckled.

Taeyang smirked and looked away. “It doesn’t make sense to me..” Suddenly, his stomach was rumbling loudly. He quickly hold his stomach in embarrasment when Jay was looking at him. Jay made his first laugh before Taeyang followed him to laugh.

“You are hungry, right?” Jay asked.

“....No...” Taeyang answered.

“But, your stomach never lies..” Jay remembered something. “Oh right...” He dug into his bag and took out a rather big bread. “Eat this..”

“Tch.. You are really like a child. Do you always bring a bread wherever you go?” Taeyang asked.

“I’m not a child. I just got this bread after I helped a baker carrying his stuffs. So, he gave me one. Come on, take this..” Jay handed him his bread.

Taeyang just glanced at the bread and looked away. “No.. I’m not hungry..”

Jay sighed. “I wonder.. Why do you still think about your prestige when you are hungry? Okay if you don’t want to eat this alone.. I’ll accompany you.” Jay tore the bread package and divided the bread into two parts. Then he handed half of the bread to Taeyang. “Come on.. It’s not good if you reject someone giving, moreover it’s a food.” Jay said before put his own bread into his mouth.

Taeyang was thinking for a moment as he looked at the bread. He began remembering his past life.

 

---Flashback---

 

Yuzang was eating his bread alone while a fourteen years old Taeyang was looking at him, hoping that he would gave his bread to him because he was hungry too.

“Hyung... I’m hungry..” Taeyang said.

“Hungry? This night is no food for you! You had done a mistake and it’s your punishment.”

“... But I’m so hungry now...” He was holding his empty stomach.

“I don’t care! It’s a learning for you to not let the enemy run away next time. You have to feel the pain to make the other more in pain. You are still a weak boy. Now, get away from me!”

“Hyung...”

“Get away!” His older brother shouted in anger and pushed him away.

Taeyang looked down before run away to the street. Then, he stopped running when he saw a father handed his son half of his bread. “Let’s eat together my son..” The kid’s father said and began eating together with his son. Taeyang could only stand here, watching this family scene. He just wanted someone to care him, but sadly, there was no one.

 

---End of Flashback---

 

Taeyang looked at Jay who was smiling between the chewing in his mouth. Then he looked down at the bread. Slowly, he took the bread from Jay’s hand and said, “Thanks..” He began eating the bread.

“Taeyang, I have to get down here..” Jay said.

Taeyang stopped eating and looked at him. “Why? Is your house near this place?”

“No.. I.. I just wanna buy something in that store..” He lied as he pointed the supermarket behind him. He just did not want him to know his house.

Taeyang nodded. “Okay..”

“Thanks for your riding...” Jay said before got out of the car.

“Hey.. Wait!” He called.

Jay looked at him from outside the car. “What?”

“Thank you for your help..”

“Don’t mention it.. I’m going..” He smiled and walked away.

Taeyang watched him leaving and stared at his bread again. A smile was curved in his lips as he put the last bite of his bread into his mouth. Then, he drove his car away.