The Mission Begin

DECISION II

 


Chapter 2

 The Mission Begin

 

 

Feeling the brightness in his room, Jay cracked his eyes open this morning. He looked at his clock hanging on the wall. It was still 7.42 in the morning. He sat on his bed and removed the blanket covering his body. He rubbed his eyes as he waited his mind coming back to his head. Then he got up and open his drawer to take some college materials. Today was his first day to begin his mission. He opened his college schedule and widened his eyes after he read it.

“Are you serious?! Today's class will be beginning at eight.”  Jay looked at his clock again. “Damn!” Jay cursed and rushed to get a shower.

Jay had finished dressing up. He quickly put all the things needed into his bag and got out of his room. He headed to the garage to get his car. But, something surprised him again, he widened his eyes to find only bike there.

“What?!” He walked closer to the bike that Siwon had left it for him. “Yaaa! Siwon...!!” Jay shouted his brother’s name in annoyance.

*

*

*

Siwon was smiling to himself while he was sitting on his car seat. He was waiting for the traffic light to show a green light. “I believe that Jay has found his little surprise by now. A college student with his bike.. Good luck, Jay-hyung.” He said as he saw the green light was . He pushed the gas pedal with his foot and the car drove away to reach his company.

*
*
*

Jay was pedaling his bicycle as fast as possible along the street.

"Really, Siwon always likes to fool me. Why didn't he tell me that I have a morning class today? He also didn't wake me up. Geez... How dare he just gave me this bike in the garage! I'm late!!" Jay looked at his watch. It was 8.01 am.

Realizing something, he slowed down his speed. "Hey, why should I care? I'm not the real college student who have to be on time.. I hate to study and being lectured again!! The worst, it is a morning class at eight.." He was muttering.

Jay shook his head at his thought. "No... Mission is a mission. I should do this mission perfectly, so no one will be suspicious of me." Jay said as he sped up his bike again, so he could reach his university quickly.

A few minutes later, Jay entered the Korea University gate and parked his bike on the parking area. He ran down the hall to get in the elevator, but its door had already closed when he got there.

"Great!" Jay turned his feet to the staircase and stepped up on it.

He finally reached the fourth floor and rushed to his classroom. He was panting in the front of the door. ‘This is a tiring morning sport.’ He said inwardly.

Jay managed his breath first and calmed himself. Slowly, he pushed the door open, looking inside the room. All the class occupants set their eyes on him, including his lecturer.

"You are late for 13 minutes. Do you have any reason?" The lecturer asked.

Jay thought quickly and answered, "I'm sorry. I just moved in this town yesterday, so I lost my way here. Beside that, I have entered the wrong class before I came here. That's why I spend so much time just to find this class. I won't be late again next time. I promise!" Jay finished lying and waited for the answer from his lecturer.

"Fine.. I give you a chance. Next time I won't. Because you are late, you have to sit here.." She said as she pointed the seat in the first row.

Jay sighed and sat on his seat. 'This is not a good seat to watch its students, especially for one person that I am looking for. If I sat in the back, it would be easier.' He tought, leaning his back on the seat. He began opening his book and listened to her speech. 'I just hope that I won't fall asleep in this class.'

*

*

*

Siwon got out from his car and looked at the high building before him. “Taiyo Corporation.” He read the company’s name carved on its wall. He smirked and turned around to see his reflection in the window car. He straightened his tie and smoothed his hair before nodded in approval with his appearance.

He walked into the hall, looking some people walking around him. ‘It’s a japan company. That’s why I look some japanese here.’ He thought and stopped to see the paper on his hand. It was written all his job description as a research and development manager assistant. ‘This is a great position for my mission. Now, I’ll just have to meet Kim Changi.’ Siwon put his paper back into his folder and pushed the elevator button. The door slid open as he got in the elevator. Some employees followed him to come in. Then he glanced at the woman besides him. Feeling someone looking at her, she looked at him and smiled.

“Good morning, are you a new employee here?” She asked.

“Good morning.. Yes.. How did you know?” Siwon asked.

“I never saw you before. My name is Arashi.” She introduced herself.

“Cho-“ He almost said his real name. “Yun Sado.. I guess you are japanese..” He corrected.

“Yes, you’re right.”

Siwon smiled and heard the elevator bell. He had reached the 7th floor. “I have to stop here.. Nice to meet you, Arashi..” He said before stepped out the elevator.

She smiled, “Nice to meet you too..”

The door slowly closed. “Pretty woman.” Siwon said as he continued his walk to his room.

He opened the door that’s written Research and Development Center and continued his step to his manager room. He knocked on the door.

“Come in.” A man called from inside the room.

Siwon pushed the door open and got into the room.

“Have a seat.. Are you Yun Sado?” His manager asked from his seat.

“Yes, Sir.” Siwon answered as he sat on the chair.

“I’ve read your resume. You are a suitable person for this position.” His manager praised him.

Siwon smiled, “Thank you..”

“Okay.. You can start to work.. Feel free to ask me anything if you find any difficulty.”

“Yes, sure. Mr. Kim, where can I find all information about this department? I just want to know more about this department and company. It will help me a lot to work.”

“You can ask Park Wonbin. He’ll get it for you. Anything else?”

“No, Sir.. Thank you.” Siwon was about to get up, but the manager stopped him with his words.

“Oh..  I wanna tell you something. If you are here, you will only work for us, nothing else. Don’t ever leak our research or anything to another. So, be professional.”

“I know. You can trust me.”

“Good.”

Siwon bowed to him and got up from  his seat, leaving the manager room.

*

*

*

The class finished at 11.05 am as the lecturer walked out the classroom. Jay was still sitting on his seat while the other students were walking out the room. He was watching every face of the students just to find his target, Taeyang. Then, Taeyang was walking pass before him. ‘It is him. I can’t be wrong. His face, his spiky hair which is like a chicken for me.. Yeah.. He is Taeyang.’ Jay thought as he got up from his seat and followed him. He was thinking about the way to make a contact with him. Then he got an idea. He walked faster and bumped Taeyang from behind.

Taeyang was pushed forward. “What is this?!” He looked behind him to find Jay collecting his scattered books on the floor.

Jay looked up. “I’m sorry.. I was busy looking at my book. So, I didn’t notice that there was someone before me..” He finished collecting his books and got up.

Taeyang stared coldly at him and walked away.

“Hey.. wait!” Jay called, but he just kept walking and ignored his call.

Jay run to him. “My name is Yun Jihoon. What’s your name?” Jay was smiling and extending his hand for him to take.

He stopped his feet and turned to Jay. “New guy wants to know my name? Don’t ever come near me or you’ll end up regretting your action.” He said coldly.

“I won’t. There is nothing wrong with making friend, isn’t it?”

“Are you sure about it?”

“Yes..”

“I don’t-“ Taeyang’s words was cut by someone calling his name.

“Taeyang!” A man called his name. He was a tall man around thirty years old, wearing a neat clothes. “Do you have a class again?”

“No.. Why?”

“I’ve got a new member for your basketball club, so I want you to meet him.” The man told him and glanced to Jay. “Who is this?”

“Don’t know. He is not my-“ Taeyang was about to answer but Jay interrupted him by introducing himself.

“My name is Yun Jihoon. I’m his new friend.” Jay was smiling when answered it.

“Really? Jihoon.. Are you interesting in basketball?” The man asked.

“Yeah.. I love it.”

“We need one member. Do you want to join?”

Jay looked at Taeyang as his head was thinking of something. ‘This is a good chance to get closer with him. So, why not.’ He looked at the man again.

“Sure.. I will join your team.” Jay answered.

“What?! No! I don’t really know him!” Taeyang protested.

“Let’s see his skill first.. After that you can decide if he is good enough for your club or not.” The man suggested Taeyang.

“Okay, Jihoon.. My name is Gi Suchan, one of the lecturer here who is also the basketball coach. Let’s see how you play the ball. Follow me.” The man shoved his hands in his pocket and walked away.

Jay answered, “Yes, sure.. Mr. Suchan” He grinned at Taeyang besides him and raised his hand, forming a pistol and ‘shooting’ Taeyang in victory as he stepped away to follow his coach.

Taeyang hissed, clenching his fist in anger before decided to walk after them.

*

*

*

A woman was getting out from her car, standing in elegance along with her sunglasses put on her eyes. Her long hair was flowed by the breeze. She smiled as she closed the car door and stepped away into the bulding before her. She kept walking till she reached a room she was looking for. She knocked on the door and waited for the answer.

Then, a man voice was heard. “Come in.”

She opened the door, leaning her arm on the doorframe. The man inside the room glanced at his guest and smiled widely to see her. That man was Yuzang, Taeyang’s brother.

“My lady has came back. I miss you so much, Yuri.” He was greeting her.

Yuri smiled and took off her sunglasses, leaning off the doorframe. She walked into the room and sat on the sofa, crossing her leg. Yuzang got up from his seat and sat next to her.

“How did your vacation?” Yuzang asked.

“Wonderful... Do you know? You look more handsome now..” Yuri said sweetly.

He smirked. “You are lying.”

She chuckled. “No.. I’m serious.. That’s why I come back just to see you.”

“Yeah.. I believe you. By the way, I got a new project for us.” He dug into his pocket and took out a chip, showing it to her. “This is a chip that contains the drugs ingredients. I want you to make it.. I can imagine when we finish producing it, then sell it. It will benefit us.”

She took the chip from his hand and looked at it. “Where did you get this?”

“Taiyo Corporation.”

“That’s a big company.. Interesting.. I wanna see what are in this chip. The dangerous drugs but benefit.. That’s what I could guess. But, I think we should be more careful.. The company would not stay calm after their precious chip was stealed.” She said.

“I know it.. I’ll give all this project to you..” He leaned his back on the sofa.

“Sure.. Trust me.” She looked around him. “I don’t see Taeyang here. Where is he?”

“In his campus, Korea University. He studies there.”

She smirked. “Study? That man finally needs education.”

He chuckled at her statement. “Education is important, even for a gangster like us. We have to be smart to make the others stupid.”

“You are right.” She agreed.

*

*

*

The ball was entering the basket ring perfectly. Then a loud shout was heard and it was coming from Jay’s mouth. He put his hands up in amusement after finished playing the ball to show his skill. ‘Ah I feel like coming back to my high school days again. A captain of basketball team. Yeah.. It was me.’ Jay said in his mind.

Suchan was clapping his hands to see Jay’s great playing. Taeyang just kept silent with his sullen face, folding his arms on his chest. Then he stepped into the basketball field.

“Playing alone is not enough. Now, try to defeat me.” Taeyang said and stopped his step in front of Jay.

“That’s a good idea.” Suchan agreed as he took the ball and brought it in the center of the field. He stood between Jay and Taeyang. They were staring at each other for a few moment while they were waiting for the ball.

“Are you ready?” Their coach asked.

“Yeah!” Jay and Taeyang said in unison.

“Okay. 1, 2, 3, Go!” The coach threw the ball to the air as the two man jumped up to get the ball. Jay got the ball first and quickly dribbled it. Taeyang made his move by blocking his way, but Jay easily avoid him and run with his ball. He jumped, throwing the ball into the ring. The ball spun around the ring before it finally entered in the ring.

“Yeah!” Jay shouted, making his first point.

Taeyang and Jay had been playing for minutes with their last score 5:7 with Jay leading the score. This time, Taeyang got the ball and dribbled it, running pass Jay who tried to block him. He slammed the last ball into the ring as time was finally up.

Jay bent down, resting his hand against his knees. His eyes glanced at the score board, it was 6:7. Jay won the match as he smiled between his panting. He was so tired, the dots of sweat was all over his face. Taeyang walked to him and extended his hand for Jay to take. Jay looked up and frowned at what he did.

“Although, I hate to admit it. But, I have to. You are the first guy who could defeat me. So, I accept you as my team member.” Taeyang said.

Jay smiled and took his hand. “Thanks... You are great too. I meet a strong rival like you.. Do you know? You make me really tired.”

Taeyang just smirked at him and walked away, leaving the field.

“Hey.. What about be friend?” Jay asked.

He put his hand up without looking back. “Yeah.” He answered as he kept walking.

Hearing it, Jay grinned widely. He got a step closer to his target and it was a good start.

*

*

*

The sun was going to hide again in its place when Siwon was driving his car in his way home after worked. Then he saw a man was riding his bike before him, so he made his car side by side with him. He was sliding down his car window to see his older brother, Jay. Feeling the car besides him, Jay turned his head and saw Siwon smiling inside the car.

“You!” Jay said in annoyance.

“How was your day?” Siwon asked.

“Tired.. Are you happy now? How could you do this to your older brother huh?” He started to get irritated.

Siwon chuckled. “I just wanna make your disguise looks natural with that bike.. Honestly, it’s suitable for you. I’ll wait you in the house.. Bye Hyung!” He waved his hand, sliding up his car window before drove away.

“Yaa! Siwon!” Jay called loudly. “Geez... Just look, I’ll definitely make you pay for this...” He mumbled as he sped up his bike to chase after the car.