New Case

DECISION II

Chapter 1

New Case

 

 

The night was engulfing the whole city. This was the time for the citizen to stop their activities and sleep. But, this time was the best time for this person to smuggle into the high corporation building. Someone was walking quietly through the building corridor, he was wearing black suit, gloves, and mask. His eyes looked at every direction to watch if any security was set. Looking above him, he found some cctv on the corner of the ceiling, so he shot it with his muffled gun.

The intruder continued his walk again and hid behind the wall when he saw a guard standing in front of the door of the room he wanted to get in. Then, the intruder took out something under his jacket. It was a mini pistol. He aimed it on the guard and pulled the trigger, shooting the guard neck with a needle from the pistol. The guard was falling unconscious onto the floor after the needle stuck his neck. The intruder rushed to the guard to ensure that he had been falling asleep. He bent down and took his id card from the pocket. Then he turned to the door besides him and inserted the ID card on the security machine. He dialed some number before the door finally slid open. He get into the room and closed the door, scanning the room for the main computer was placed. He run to the computer after he found it in the corner, and entered the password to unlock the safe. He did it perfectly in a few seconds. The safe slowly opened to reveal a microchip in it. He quickly took the chip and saved it on his small box before put it in his pocket. He logged out the program and rushed out the room.

“Thank you...” He said to the unconscious guard before run away in the dark night.

*

*

*

The sun light was shining brightly from its place this morning. The air was felt so fresh to be inhaled. This time, Jay and Siwon were busy practising their fighting skill in the back yard of their house. Jay was trying to dodge all the attack from Siwon. Siwon’s movement was getting faster as Jay just kept dodging it without planning to attack him back.

“Hey, can you just stop dodging my attack? Come on, try to hit me!” Siwon said as he raised his leg to kick his older brother.

“Really? You want me to hit you for real?” Jay bent down to avoid the kick.

“Yeah, just try..”

Suddenly, Jay turned his head. “Ah Ahboji! You are back?” He said.

Siwon turned his head to see  his father, but he was no where to be seen. Jay used this chance to kick Siwon’s stomach. His younger brother fell backward onto the grassy ground.

“Yeah! I did it! I hit you.” Jay was proud to himself, flying his fist in the air. He didn’t notice that Siwon made his move again. He swung his leg on Jay’s ankles, tripping him from the bottom. Jay was loosing his balance and falling on his stomach with a loud thud.

Siwon quickly grabbed Jay’s arm and twisted it behind his back. Then he sat on Jay’s back, locking his movement firmly. “You tricked me! But, it doesn’t matter. The most important is I defeat you again, hyung! Just admit that I am more expert in fighting than you.” He said.

“Get off me, Siwon!! You are heavy!” Jay was struggling under Siwon’s clutch.

Siwon tightened his grip on his arm.

“Hey! That hurts!” Jay cried out.

“Admit it now!”

“Why do you act like a child huh? Okay! Siwon is better than me in fighting. Are you satisfied now?!” Jay finally said.

“That’s my good older brother, Jay-hyung...” Siwon smiled and released Jay. He got up from his back.

Jay rolled his body and got up, stretching his back. “Aaah.. my back is like going to break.”

“You have to improve your fighting skill.. That’s your only lack.” Siwon told him.

Jay rolled his eyes. “Hn.. Siwon Sensei.”

Siwon chuckled at his brother expression and grabbed a bottle of water as he sat on the wooden bench. He drank it till the bottle was half empty. Then, he heard his phone was ringing on the table next to his seat. He took his phone and looked at who was calling. It was a call from his captain.

“Yoboseyo, Captain?” Siwon was greeting.

“Come to the office now. We have a new problem to solve.” His captain said.

“But, it is still 7 in the morning. What is it about?”

“I will explain to you when you two are here.. Come on, I am waiting you.”

“Okay, we will get there soon.”

Siwon hung up his phone and looked at Jay who was still stretching his arm and back. “Hyung, we have to go to the office now.” He told his older brother.

Jay looked at Siwon, “Now? What is the matter?”

Siwon shrugged. “I don’t know. Captain just told me to go to the office. That must be a new case.” He said as he got up and walked into the house.

“All right..” Jay answered and followed Siwon to get in the house.

*

*

*

“I got the report that one of the big pharmareutical companies named Taiyo Corporation had lost something important. It was a microchip that saved a drug ingredients. Its representative stated that thay have a thought about who was the culprit. They have suspicion to an organization or gangster who produce a dangerous drugs and sell it illegally.” Captain Go explained when he, Jay, and Siwon were gathering around the table in National Intelligence and Investigation headquarter room.

“If they have already had suspicion, they must have a relation or at least know with that organization.” Jay said.

“We have the same thought, Jay. When the corporation reported it to NII, I collected all the information about them and the secret organization...” Captain Go handed them a folder that contained some documents. “It’s what I’ve gotten. The organization is known to sell the drugs in Korea and other countries.”

“So, they have many channels... Captain, are the drugs kind a narcotic and its friends?” Siwon asked as he looked at the document.

His captain nodded, “Yes.. That’s why I need you here to track them, get the microchip, and find the relation about the corporation and the drugs gangster. If they are really related, we will stop their activities for sure.”

Siwon was looking intensively at the picture showed in the document. It was a picture of a man that he ever met before. “Is he...?”

Jay glanced at the picture in Siwon’s hand.

“Yes.. He is Taeyang, part of the organization. I heard that he is still a college student in Korea University. Do you know him?” His captain asked.

“Yeah, I had ever met him before. He is a mysterious person.” Siwon answered.

Jay looked at his Captain. “Now, what do you want us to do?” He asked.

“I want you to undercover in corporation and the organization.” Captain Go said.

“Undercover mission, it is interesting. I prefer work in the corporation.” Siwon quickly replied.

“Okay.. So Jay, you will be a college student in case to find the information from Taeyang.”

“What?! Why should be me? Why don’t you choose Changmin to do this. He is young enough to be a student.” Jay looked surprised when he was hearing that.

His captain shook his head. “No, he can’t. He is doing an assignment in other region for five days and he will be coming back next week. If you worry about your age, you are still 24, so you won’t be looked too old to be a student.”

“Arraseo...” Jay finally agreed. He knew that he could not protest about this because his captain had made his decision. He glanced at Siwon who secretly smiling at him. “Why are you smiling?”

Siwon looked at his brother. “Nothing... Believe me, it’s suitable for you. I don’t wanna be a student because Taeyang had known me as an NII agent. So, it is the best way for you to do this role.”

Jay looked away. “Whatever you said...”

“I have arranged all the things. So, you will only come to your place and do this undecover starting tomorrow. In this folder is all you need to do your roles, such as new id cards and other important documents. One more, you have to live in the new house to keep your real identity safe, but I haven’t gotten it for you. You better find the house to stay by yourself. Don’t worry about the cost, NII will pay for it. Any question?“

“No. It’s an easy thing.” Siwon said.

The captain gave them blue folder. “Okay then. Do your best, my great agents.”

Siwon took the folder. “Yes, Sir!” Siwon and Jay said in unison.

*

*

*

A man in black shirt and black tie was sitting on his black chair in his room. He looked at the microchip in his hand, a smirk was curved in his lips. He was a twenty eight years old man who led the secret organization. Then the door was knocked by someone.

“Come in.” He called, didn’t bother to see his guest.

The door was pushed open to reveal a young man. He was Taeyang. “You look so happy. Is it because of that chip?” He asked the man as he stood in front of him.

The man looked up. “Yeah.. You did well last night just to get me this chip. Thank you..”

Taeyang just smiled at him.

“Beside that, when she arrives here, she will make us this drug as it’s written in this chip. It will benefit us so much.” He said.

Taeyang frowned. “Who is she? Is she our new gang member?”

“Yes.. Do you forget her? She is my lady, Kwon Yuri. She is also my ace in this drug project, a great pharmachist.”

Taeyang nodded.

“What do you want here?” The man asked.

“Nothing. I just wanna tell you that I will start my college again tomorrow.”

“That’s good. My little brother must be an expert too..” He put his chip back into its box and looked at Taeyang. “I am your big brother.. So, you should become like me.. You understand, right? Don’t ever be a weak man.”

“Yes.. Yuzang-hyung.”

Taeyang’s brother pulled his drawer on the desk and took a brown envelope. He handed it to his younger brother. “For you.. You will need this when you are studying in college.”

“Is it money?” He took the envelope.

“Yes..”

Taeyang smirked and took a peek inside the envelope. “Thank you.. You are an understanding brother.” He saved the money under his jacket. “I’m going then..” He left his older brother alone in this room.

Yuzang smiled at his brother and looked outside the window to see the beautiful blue sky. ‘I hope this project would run smoothly.’ He thought.

*
*
*

Siwon was walking down the headquarter hall when someone called him from behind.

“Yo Senior Choi!” Changmin called loudly and stepped closer to his senior.

Siwon stopped walking and turned around to face his comrade. “Changmin? I thought you are in other region now. What are you doing here?” Siwon asked.

“Yes, I have a mission in another region. I just come back to take something left. I will go again soon.”

Siwon nodded at him.

“Hey, Senior Choi... I heard you and Senior Kim are getting a new assignment..”

“Yes.. undercover mission..”

“That’s so cool.. Sure, I wanna take part in that mission too after I finish my duty right now.”

Siwon smiled and punched Changmin’s shoulder in friendly way. “Yeah.. We’ll wait for your help.”

“Ah really? I’m so glad to hear that.. The person who never needs help before, finally said those words.. I’m feeling so worthy now.” He grinned widely as he rubbed the back of his head. Then, he looked at his watch. “I have to go now... God bless for your mission..”

“Thanks Changmin, you too.” Siwon said as he looked his friend leaving him. He turned away and walked to find his older brother.

Siwon stopped his feet in the place where the agents usually practised their shooting skill. He saw Jay standing there with a gun in his hand. Jay was aiming his gun to the moving targets a few meters before him. Then loud bangs were heard when Jay started shooting his targets. One by one, his bullets hit every moving object perfectly without missing it once.

Jay blew a long breath after he finished his shooting. He turned around to see Siwon applaused for him.

“That’s great.” Siwon said. “I can do it too..” He didn’t want to lose with his older brother.

Jay sneered. “Yes,  you can do it.. But, you are not as good as me.. Just admit it.” Jay said.

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever.. Come on, we have to find a new house..” He said before walked away.

“Okay.. Let’s go..” Jay saved his gun in its place and followed his younger brother.

*

*

*

“Hey, Siwon.. Have you found a house for rent?” Jay asked Siwon who sat beside him. He and Siwon was riding their car with Jay as the driver.

“Not yet.” He answered, his eyes not leaving his smart phone screen in his hand. He was searching the information from internet. Then his body was pushed forward when Jay braked the car suddenly. “Hey! Why did you stop suddenly?! I almost dropped my phone.” He shouted.

Jay was ignoring Siwon. His eyes was set on the house outside his window. “Look! It’s a house for rent. Let’s take a look. It’s a medium house, so it won’t waste so much cost.” He opened his door and get out the car, followed by Siwon.

Jay was walking in front of the house, looking its exterior. He was glad it still had a garage for a car. Then a middle-aged woman walked closer to the brothers.

“Good afternoon, handsome boys.. Are you looking for a house?” She asked.

“Yes, ahjumma..” Jay answered.

She smiled. “Okay... My name is Oh Johui, the owner of this house.”

“I’m Yun Jihoon.. and this is my brother, Yun Sado.” Jay was introducing himself and Siwon by using their new name for this mission.

“How much cost do you offer for this house?” Siwon asked.

“It just 950.000 won per month, because it is a house with two bedroom, one kitchen, one bathroom, dining room, living room and garage. You can look inside the house. It has a very good condition.” She unlocked the front door and let the boys looking the interior.

Jay smiled and asked his brother, “The house is still good.. I like it. What do you think Sado?”

“It’s okay... This house is not too far from your campus.. We’ll take this.” Siwon said and looked at the woman. “Johui ahjumma.. We take this house.. We’ll pay for the down payment today, and pay the rest tomorrow..”

“It’s okay.. Just wait here, I’ll take the receipt for you. My house is just beside this house.” The woman said and walked out the house.

“We’ll bring our belonging here after we pay the cost.” Siwon said.

“I am sorry, I can’t.” Jay replied.

“What?!”

“After we finish our bussiness here, I have to go again because I have another assignment till this evening.. Don’t worry, I have packed all my belongings in suitcases. Bring it here for me pleeeease...” Jay was begging his brother. “Please.. The handsome and kindhearted Choi Siwon..”

Siwon was looking at his older brother. Siwon’s face was unreadable. His mind was thinking something. ‘So, it means that I have to carry all the belongings into this house by myself? He can’t help me and he asks for a favor... Does he think that I am his servant?’ Suddenly, a mischievous idea was crossing into his head as he formed a smirk. ‘I have something for him and I’m sure it will surprise him tomorrow. Okay, I’ll let him to command me for now. So, I can do my plan for him freely.’

“Okay... I’ll bring it for you.” Siwon finally answered.

“Really? Thank you... “ Jay smiled sweetly.