Coming Back

DECISION II

 


Chapter 8

Coming Back

 

 

 

 

Jay was sitting on the floor and resting his back on the wall. One of his hands was handcuffed with the window bar above him. He was imprisoned in the small and empty room. He was feeling the pain in his head as he hold it with his free hand. Then he looked at his palm to find a blood stain.

“Damn.. It really hurts.. What should I do now? Being locked in this room and wait for them to kill me. I feel so foolish and useless.” Jay said to himself.

Then Jay raised his head when someone unlocked and opened the door. She was Yuri who came in, carrying a white box in her hand. She closed the door behind and walked closer to Jay.

“Yuri?” Jay called her name.

Yuri sat on her knees beside him and put her white box on the floor. “Does it hurt?” She asked.

He didn’t answer the question. “Why are you here?” He asked.

“I wanna give you the first aid.” She said as she opened her first aid box. “Taeyang told me everything.. and he wants me to help you.”

He sneered. “Help me? He is the one who dragged me here.”

Yuri was cleaning Jay’s wounded head from the blood with cotton while she was explaining. “He did it because he didn’t want them to kill you in the first place. He didn’t really know that his brother’s henchmen spied on him after he saved you from the sea and brought you to his cottage. So, he acted like that just to deceive them. Though his appearance is like that, but he is not a bad person. He is not like his brother.... and.. here I am helping you out.” She paused for a while, then continued, “If you ask about Taeyang, he is with Yuzang right now to ensure that he won’t be here when I’m helping you to get out. You should thank him, he had saved your life.”

Jay was thinking about her words before he said, “You all know that I’m an agent, right? I am your enemy. So, why do you help me?”

Yuri was looking right into his eyes for a few seconds, then looked away. She didn’t know why she felt so hard just to see his eyes. She took a roll of bandage and wrapped it around his head to stop the bleeding. “Don’t ask too much question. After I finish with your head, I’ll lead you out of this place. That’s what I am going to say. Nothing more.”

Yuri placed a plester on the bandage as the final step. “Finished..” She said. Then She unlocked the handcuff on his wrist. “Just follow me.. I’ve overcame all the guard.. We don’t have so much time. Yuzang will get here soon and I don’t wanna him to see this.” She put all the medicals back into her box and handed him a jacket. “Wear this... Outside there must be cold if you are only wearing pajamas.”

Jay quickly wore the jacket which looked oversize in his body.

She got up. “Come on. Follow me..” She put her cap on her head before walked away.

‘You are hiding something, Yuri.. I know it. But, what is it?’ Jay asked inwardly as he followed Yuri to get out of the room. They didn’t notice that Gi Suchan was watching them from afar.

*

*

*

The full moon was shining all over the place this night while Yuri and Jay were standing on the park of the town near NII headquarter.

“I could only take you here.. After this, don’t ever come again or we’ll really kill you.” Yuri said. She was about to walk away but Jay grabbed her wrist, stopping her in place.

“I know you are not a bad person. I know that you have your own reason doing this. But, why did you do this? Why did you join that organization? Why do you choose a dark life like this?” Jay was asking her.

Yuri looked down, she didn’t have a brave look at Jay.

“Yuri.. Look at me.” Jay gave a command, but Yuri still set her eyes on the ground.

He pulled her hand. “Yuri, please look at me!”

She looked up at Jay. “Please.. Stop asking me questions.. It’s my own problem.. It is none of your business!”

“What? It is not my business? I’m an agent here who will bring down that organization. How could you say that it’s none of my business?!”

Yuri didn’t answer, looking down again. Her cap hid her face in the shadow.

“Yuri.. Please, stop this before you fall from the cliff.. before it’s too late. Leave that Yuzang and his gangster.” He coaxed her.

She looked up. “I’ve been already in the bottom of the cliff! I have been in the darkness! So, I won’t stop before I reach my goal.” She said strictly.

Jay frowned. “Goal? What do you mean?”

“It’s my business with that organization.. Don’t get in my way.” She jerked up her hand from his grip and walked away.

“Yuri!” Jay run and stood in front of her. He was blocking her way. “I won’t let you go.”

Yuri looked into his eyes that showed a conviction. She knew, he was not the typical man who would give in easily. ‘Why does he care to me?’ She tought.

“I.. I like you. When we first met, I thought I’d found my girl.” He said. “... and ... our last encounter really made me happy....”

 

---Flashback---

 

“I’m going... Thanks for your breakfast..” Jay said as he was walking out from Yuri’s front door.

Yuri smiled. “Yes.. You can come again if you want.”

He nodded. “Sure.. See ya..” He stepped away, leaving her apartment. But, after he got five steps from her, he stopped walking, thinking of something in his head. ‘Come on, Jay! Now or Never!’ His mind told him. ‘Yes. I should ask her now!’ He said inwardly. Suddenly, he turned around and came closer to Yuri again.

“Is there something left, Jihoon?” Yuri asked.

Jay looked confused to say what he wanted. “Uh... Nothing is left. I... I just wanna ask your... your... number. May I know your phone number?”

“....??” Yuri looked at him without any response.

Jay looked at her in nervous because she didn’t give him an answer for a few seconds. ‘Why is it so hard for me just to ask her number? Changmin could do it easily and get many girls in the short time. I think I should learn from him.’

Then, Yuri finally smiled. “Sure! I’ll give you my number. Why do you look so shy just to ask my number?” She chuckled. “Give me your phone.”

Jay grinned and took out his phone from his pocket before handed it to her. She began typing her phone number on the screen and gave his phone back.

Quickly, Jay saved it and said, “Thank you.. I’ll call you if you don’t mind.”

“Okay.. I’ll wait your call..”

“Really? I’m leaving now... Thank you so much!” Jay said as he stepped away. ‘You got a girl, Jay! It’s a good start!’ His mind said as the smile never left his face.

“Be careful..” She told him.

 

---End of Flashback---

 

Jay continued saying, “From that time, I thought we could be friend... or more than just friend.”

Hearing his confession, she widened her eyes. There was a long silence between them. Her mind was thinking of something. ‘You like me? ....I think I understand now... But, like you said before, we’re not the same. Yes, we are different. It’s like I’m the dark and you’re the light.’

“That’s why I want to stop you.. I won’t let you go.” He said again.

Yuri kept silent.

“Please, listen to me... You can start your new life again with me. You can get many friends who will care to you. If you go, I-aaargh..” Jay stopped talking when he felt a needle jabbing his thigh. He looked down to find an injection. Yuri quickly pulled it out from his thigh.

“W-what are you doing?” Jay asked as he clutched his thigh.

“I’m sorry.. I don’t wanna you to stop me now. I have choosen my path. Let me go..” Yuri said.

“Yuri... why....” Jay could not continue his words when he was feeling so sleepy in sudden. His eyes were getting heavier as the sedative began working on him. His mind slowly left him. His limp body almost fell to the ground, but she quickly caught him and lied down his body on the wide bench beside her. She stared at an unconscious Jay as the wind blew the fallen leaves flying around them.

Yuri formed a sad smile as she caressed his hair gently. “Thank you, Jay Kim..” She said before left him alone in the park. She rushed to get in her car and drove away.

*

*

*

Siwon was looking outside the window of his room in the headquarter too see the shining full moon. The city lights in the night was seen so beautiful, but it still could not heal the emptyness in his heart. He was missing his brother. He just hoped a miracle would bring him back.

Changmin entered the room and looked at his senior from behind. Siwon was more quiet now. He knew well what was in his mind. Deep in his heart, he still had a trust that Jay was still alive. Then Captain Go came into their room.

“Glad that you are still here in this late..” Their captain said.

Changmin straightened, greeting his captain. “Captain Go?”

His captain smiled. “Jay is still alive. We have found him.” He told them.

Hearing the news, Siwon turned around slightly to face his captain. “Are... are you telling the truth?”

“Yes... He is in our clinic now.”

Changmin united his hands on his chest as he was saying, “Thanks God.. You listened to my prayer and saved my Senior Kim.”

Siwon’s face turned bright suddenly. “It’s an amazing good news.” He said before headed to leave the room along with Changmin.

Siwon and Changmin was walking down the headquarter corridor and got into the clinic room where Jay was taken care. They looked at their unconscious comrade on the bed.  

“Why is he falling asleep? What happened to him?” Changmin asked when he saw a bandage around Jay’s head and a dark bruise on his face.

“I don’t know. Some agents found him lying unconscious on the park bench, so they took him here.” Their captain explained. “I have a thought that he was beaten up by the gangster.”

Siwon just stared at his older brother, clenching his fists tightly. ‘Hyung.. You are the smart one, but you are an idiot too. Why does you always end up getting injured? Can’t you protect yourself? I have told you to improve your fighting skill, but why are you still the same? What did they do to you? I swear, won’t forgive them for doing this to you.’ He said in his mind. ‘Do you know, hyung? I’m so happy to see you again. I am afraid to lose you, you are my only brother.’

*

*

*

Yuri was coming back to the organization lair and stepping into the lab. She was surprised to see Gi Suchan had been standing there, leaning his back on the window. “What are you doing here? Yuzang will be coming back tomorrow.” She asked him.

Suchan was sneering at her. “You saved that agent? Do you have a good reason for doing it?” He asked.

Yuri looked relax at his questions as he threw her bag on the table. “You know it? But, it’s none of your business.” She answered simply.

“Your action was a sign that you are a traitor. If you want me to guess, you have fallen in love with that agent right?”

Her lips curved into a smirk. “What do you know about love? A gangster doesn’t have a feeling of love, does it? Gangster is a monster.”

“You betrayed Yuzang. I’ll tell Yuzang about what you did.” He leaned off the window and walked closer to her.

“It’s okay.. Tell him if you can..” Yuri quickly took out a rifle under her coat and aimed it to Suchan. He widened his eyes at her action.

“Y-you!” He stammered, stepping backward.

“I’ll give you two choices. Live or dead?” Yuri stepped forward.

His eyes stared at hers. “Are you threatening me?”

“Yes.”

“Do you think you can kill me?”

“Why not?”

He was about to take his gun in his jacket, but Yuri moved faster. She shot his hand who was holding a gun, sending his gun onto the floor, followed with the dripping blood. He groaned in agony, clutching his injured and bloody hand.

“I’m serious! You didn’t answer me, so I’ll take that you choose dead.” Yuri stared dangereously at him as she pulled the trigger. The fear was not shown in her eyes.

“Goodbye, Gi Suchan.. Meet your death now.” She said before shot him in his heart, killing him in second. Her lips formed an evil smirked as she walked out the room. "Every obstacle must be eliminated." She said to herself.

*

*

*

The morning had been coming to the earth as the sun light was shining through the window’s glass, to it’s curtain before enlightening all the clinic room. Jay felt the bright was around him, so he opened his eyes to find that he was lying in the white room.

“Where am I?” Jay asked.

“Senior Kim! You awake?” A loud voice was heard. Jay knew well who was the owner of the voice, so he turned his head to see Changmin running toward him from his chair.

“Changmin?” Jay was about to sit, but Changmin pushed him down on the bed again. Then Siwon appeared from behind and stood beside his friend, looking at his older brother.

“Just lie down, Senior Kim. You’re still weak.” Changmin said.

“I’m fine, Changmin.. It’s okay..” Jay tried to sit again with the help of Changmin.

“Do you know? We thought you were dead.. We are soooo glad to have you back here, Senior Kim.”

Jay smiled at Changmin. “I thought I was dead too, but I’m alive..”

“What happened to you? Could you explain everything?” Siwon asked.

Jay looked at his brother and paused for a while before he finally said, “The gang captured me. But, someone saved and brought me back here.”

“What? Who is it?”

Suddenly, an agent came into the room, interrupting their conversation. The turned their head to see the visitor.

The agent bowed and said, “We have informant from the organization here. He was waiting in the investigation room.”

“Who is the informant?” Siwon asked.

“You will know, so you better meet him now.. This is the order from Captain Go.” The agent answered before bowed and left the clinic.

“Okay...” Siwon said. He turned to his friends, motioning his head to Changmin. “Let’s go Changmin. Jay, we have to go now..” He said.

“I’ll go with you.” Jay said.

Siwon shook his head. “No.. You have to take a rest here.”

“Hey.. I’m fine, Siwon.”

He didn’t believe at Jay. “Really?”

“Yeah...” Jay moved to the edge of the bed and got up. He was standing upright on the floor. “You see me. I can stand up by myself. Come on..” He was about to step away, but Changmin stopped him.

“Senior Kim?” Changmin called.

Jay turned around, “What?”

“You have to wear sandals first before you go..” He told him.

Jay looked down to see that he was standing barefeet on the floor. Then he smiled in embarrasment.

“Idiot.” Siwon said.

Hearing it, the smile left Jay’s face. “What did you say?!” He stared at his brother in annoyance.

“Nothing. Forget it.” He said before walked away, shoving his hands in his pockets. ‘Sometimes, he is an idiot. Why does he never realize it?’ He thought.

Changmin walked closer to his senior, placing a pair of sandals on the floor. “Come on, Senior Kim. Wear this sandals and let’s go.”

Jay quickly wore it. “Thanks Changmin. Geez... that Siwon! He needs to be taught something.” He said before walked out the room.

Changmin sighed in dispairing. “Those two guys never change. They are really good brothers in one minute, but they could become Tom and Jerry in another minute.” He muttered as he stepped away to follow his friends.

The investigation room had been filled with some agents and Captain Go when Siwon, Jay, and Changmin was entering the room. 

"Who is the informant?" Siwon asked.

A man in hat got up from his chair and turned around to face tha . He smirked at them as he opened his hat to reveal his familiar spiky hair. Jay and Siwon widened their eyes after saw the informant's face.

"Chicken ??" Jay called.

"Hi, Jay.. Siwon?" Taeyang was greeting the brothers.

 

... to be continued.