Emotions

DECISION II

[Girls' Generation - Time Machine] I think the song fits this chapter. It accompanied me when I was writing this brotherhood part.


Chapter 7

Emotions

 

 

The news about Jay missing was spread in National Intelligence and Investigation headquarter. Most all agents had a thought that Jay was dead because of the incident. It had been a day and they still could not find him anywhere.

This noon, Siwon was staring at his older brother photograph set on the main hall of NII headquarter to appreciate his service for NII and pray for finding him soon.

“Hyung, you are still alive, aren’t you?” He asked to the photo. He would not deny that he was afraid to lose his brother. He had met him again just a few months ago after being separated for many years. Now, he had to endure this separation again. No. He could not. Deep inside his heart, he was so sure that Jay was still breathing and living somewhere. Then he stepped away from the hall to reach a quiet place to calm the emotions in his heart. He walked to the rooftop of his headquarter building, looking at the scenery before him as he recalled the memories with his older brother, Jay Kim.

 

----Flashback----

 

A five years old Siwon was sitting under the table, hugging his knees, feeling afraid after he broke his older brother’s crayon. Then, he heard a loud call from his brother who was entering the room where he hid.

“Siwon?” Jay was calling. He looked at every corner of the room to find his younger brother. “Siwon? Where are you?”

Siwon burried his face on his knees when he heard his brother stepping closer to his hiding place. A few seconds later, Siwon was jolted up by a loud voice that was coming from his older brother.

“Ta-da!! I found you!” Jay shouted as he appeared under the table in front of Siwon.

Siwon widened his eyes. “H-hyung?” He looked so scared.

“Why are you hiding here?” Jay asked.

His younger brother didn’t answer, looking down.

“Hey... I’m not angry with you because of that crayon. It’s okay, Siwon.”

The younger looked up to face his brother. “Really? You are not mad at me, hyung?”

“I’m not mad.” Jay grinned and poked Siwon’s forehead with his two fingers. “My crayon can still be used again, so let it go..”

Siwon’s face turned bright again, smiling widely.

“Today is so hot... Let’s buy ice cream, Siwon.”

“Good idea! Let’s go..”

The two little children were crawling out from under table and walked out the house together to get their needs. They stopped their feet in front of the ice cream car in the park. Jay bought the big vanilla ice which had two sticks in one ice cream.

“Hyung? Why did you just buy one?” Siwon asked.

Jay smiled. “Who said I bought one? Look this..” He divided the ice become two parts and gave it one to his little brother. “Here, for you.”

Siwon took the ice. “Thank you...” He quickly put the ice into his mouth. “Ah... It’s so sweet.. I like it.”

Jay glanced at his brother. “One for two, it’s what I did. I’m learning to share something with you. Do you understand, Siwon?”

“Yes.. Hyung.” He answered as he kept eating his ice cream.

 

~~~

 

An eight years old Jay was walking out from the school gate along with Siwon by his side. But, Siwon stopped walking when he saw a big caterpillar on the leaf. He stepped closer to it. His hand took and brought it to his older brother.

“Jay-hyung, look at what I’ve gotten.” Siwon said.

Jay turned around and jolted up to find Siwon handing him a big brown caterpillar. He took a step back in response. “Siwon, get it away from me!”

His brother grinned widely. “Why? Are you scared with this?” He walked closer to Jay who seemed frightened.

“Siwon! Stop! Don’t come near me! Throw that thing away!” He shouted as he looked the caterpillar moving in Siwon’s hand.

“No! It is for you, hyung...” He was getting closer with his brother. Jay turned away and run as fast as possible when Siwon tried to throw the caterpillar in his direction. Siwon began to chase after him, laughing in victory.

“Siwon! Get away from me!” He cried out as he kept running. Then his foot tripped hard on the uneven ground, falling on his stomach with a loud thud.

Siwon stopped running when he saw Jay falling onto the ground. He waited in his place to see his brother getting up, but Jay didn’t move at all and kept lying on the ground for a minute. “Hyung? Hyung!” He called. He threw the caterpillar from his hand before run closer to Jay.

Siwon looked Jay unconscious on the ground, then he shook his body. “Hyung... Stop pretending.. Open your eyes..” He tried to wake him up. But, Jay didn’t give him any response.

“Hyung...” Siwon was getting worried. “Hyung, I’m sorry.. I won’t do it again.. I promise, but please, wake up.. Wake up, hyung!”

Suddenly, Jay opened his eyes. His action effectively made his younger brother surprised. “You promise?” He asked.

“You tricked me!” Siwon made a sullen face, folding his arms on his chest.

Jay sat on the ground. “You started this first. So, don’t blame me. ...Auch.. My knee gets hurt..” He looked at his injured knee that was bleeding.

“What’s going on here?” A man asked.

Jay and Siwon looked up to see their father who picked them up after school. “Ahboji?” They called in unison.

“I was falling to the ground because Siwon chased after me with his caterpillar.” Jay told his father.

“Siwon? Is it true?” His father asked.

Siwon looked down, feeling guilty. Then he looked at his father. “Yes Ahboji, It’s true.. But, I’ve apologized..”

“All right, don’t scare your brother again.. Now, let’s go home..” Their father said and squatted in front of his son. “I won’t let you walk with your injured knee. Get on, Jay.” He offered his back.

“Thank you, Ahboji..” Jay got on his father’s back and looked at the youngest. He grinned widely before stuck his tounge out to Siwon. His father began carrying him away.

“Jay-hyung!” The youngest shouted in annoyance.

“.....Siwon??” His father reminded his son.

“Yes.. Ahboji..” He replied in defeat as he stepped away to follow his father.

 

~~~

 

A twenty two years old Siwon looked at Jay who was laughing in joy because of the lipstick stain in Siwon’s cheek. It was coming from the granny kiss.

Jay stopped laughing and said, “Look at your face. It’s suitable for you..” Jay pointed the shop window.

Siwon looked at his reflection and surprised to find the lipstick stain. He quickly erased it with his hand. Although the lips mark was faded, but the red wouldn’t leave his cheek.

“Hey Siwon?” Jay called.

“Hn..?” He turned his head to see him.

Jay grinned and raised a hand, forming a pistol and ‘shooting’ the mighty Siwon in victory before he stepped away with Changmin.

“You...!!” Siwon gritted his teeth and showed his fierce glare. 

 

~~~

 

“..... foolish little brother.” Jay said.

"You...!" Siwon had lost his temper after heard that words. He quickly grabbed Jay’s collar and pushed him down onto the ground, making him on top of Jay. He was clutching his collar tightly, ready to get in the fight. They were staring each other in anger before Jay broke their staring contest to see someone was picking up a wooden chair behind siwon, ready to hit him from the back.

Jay widened his eyes. "Look out!" He shouted out as he pushed Siwon aside and turned his position on top of Siwon, using his back as the shield from the upcoming attack. Then a loud crash was heard from the chair that hit Jay's back and head. The broken wooden chair was scattered into pieces as Jay fell onto the ground unconscious.

Siwon looked at his older brother besides him. “Jay? Jay?!” He called him and shook his body, but he got no answer. "Why did you save me again, Jay? The one here who need to be saved is you."

 

~~~

 

Jay was lying on the hospital bed when he gave Siwon a warm smile. "Let's just forget about yesterday and be the real brothers as we use to be." He said.

Siwon smiled and replied, "Yeah, sure.. Jay-hyung."

Jay and Siwon tossed their fists together to start their good relationship, then laughed together.

 

~~~

 

Jay was stepping inside the living room with his crutch, his leg was still hurt from the shooting in their last case.

“Siwon, your house is a mansion.” Jay said when he was looking around the house interior in awe.

Siwon put Jay’s suitcases on the floor as he smiled at his older brother. “That’s why I felt so lonely to stay here by myself since father was always busy with his job as detective in other region or other country.”

Jay looked at his brother and listened to him.

“But, now is different. I’m glad to have you here, staying with us. So I won’t be alone again in this house.” Siwon said.

Jay smiled at his younger brother. “Do you know? I’m so happy too to meet my family again. For me, I feel like I am dreaming now. But, this is reality.. I never thought to be here in this wonderful house and family like you and father.”

Siwon took Jay’s suitcases again. “Follow me hyung, I’ll show you your bedroom..” He said before walked away.

“Yeah.. Thank you.” He followed his brother.

 

~~~

 

Walking down on the field, Siwon stared down to see the ball rolling in his direction. He took the ball and looked at Jay who was looking at the starry sky.

“Why did you stop playing basket?” Siwon asked as he dribbled the ball, walking closer to Jay.

Jay turned his head to face Siwon. “I just realize that sky is so beautiful tonight. Have you finished your business with captain?”

Siwon threw the ball into the ring before it entered the ring perfectly. “Yes.. He gave me his annoying lecture again.”

His older brother chuckled when hearing it.

He looked at Jay. “Hyung... Thanks for your help today. It really means to me.”

 “Geez..” Jay smiled at him and poked his brother forehead using his two fingers. “Don’t mention it.. It’s the use of older brother.. Let’s go to eat.. I’m so hungry now..” He walked away to get in the car.

Siwon still stood in his place, watched his brother walking ahead. His lips formed a wide grin as he touched his forehead. ‘He didn’t change.. Just like when we were child.’ He thought before stepped away to follow his older brother. 

 

 

---End of Flashback---

 

Siwon’s eyes were dull as he stared blankly at the scenery before him. The memories about Jay was flooding in his mind, making his heart felt like trembling. He let a single tear falling from his eye  when his thought came back to reality that Jay was missing and there was a rumour about his death. Slowly, he raised his hand, placing his two fingers on his forehead, remembering Jay who often did it to him.

Changmin was standing quietly behind Siwon. He had been watching his friend from a few minutes ago. He was thinking for a while before decided to step closer to Siwon. He tapped Siwon’s shoulder when he was side by side with him. Siwon turned his head to see Changmin standing besides him.

“I know what you are thinking. I believe that Senior Kim is still alive. He will come back again.” Changmin said.

“He is alive. I can feel it. He is not a man who will die easily.” Siwon looked at his comrade. “Do you really lose the contact with the organization?”

He nodded. “Yes. They are all missing and going to their new lair that I can’t track them. I have a thought that they had been carefull  with their gang members after Jay’s incident. Maybe, they have found out about our movement.”

“We can’t stop now. No matter what, we have to found them and ruined them forever.. You still have some information about them, right?”

“Yes, Senior Choi. I’ve collected the information, but it’s just generally, not the specified one..”

“It’s okay, Changmin.. Show me the information.”

“All right.. Let’s go..”

Changmin and Siwon headed back to their main office.

*

*

*

Slowly, Jay regained his consciousness as he was lying on the bed with pajamas put on his body. The oxygen mask was covering his mouth and nose. ‘I’m still alive.’ He thought. He looked at his surrounding with his blurry vision. He was alone there, in the luxurious room. After his eyes could see clearly and his head was not dizzy anymore, he removed the oxygen mask from his face. He tried his lungs to breath without it. Feeling that his breath had been normal, he sat on the bed and moved to the edge, placing his feet on the floor. Jay looked at the IV on his arm. He was about to remove it, but decided to cancel it when he was hearing someone opening the door and walked to him. He was Taeyang who visited him.

“Taeyang?” Jay looked surprised to him. “Am I in the hospital?"

“No. You are in my cottage where I usually spend my time.” Taeyang answered. “To tell you, you have passed out for more than 24 hours.”

“That long?”

“Yes.. I had a doctor check you up here. He said you got a problem with your lungs after you drowned. But, it will recover soon. Do you feel better now?”

Jay nodded. “Yes..”

Taeyang poured water in a glass and handed it to Jay. “Here..”

He took the water. “Why did you save me?”

“Because I want to know something from you.. Agent Jay Kim.” He placed a chair next to Jay’s bed and sat on it.

Jay widened his eyes. “Y-you know me?”

“Yeah.. All of the organization had known you from the incident yesterday.”

Jay looked down and drank his water.

“What is your relation with Siwon?” Taeyang asked.

“H-how did you know that I have a relation with him?”

“I had ever overheard about your call with him when you were coming home from Yuri’s apartment.”

Jay looked away as he was remembering something.

 

---Flashback---

 

Jay was walking home from Yuri’s apartment while his phone was ringing. He stopped walking and picked up his phone. He didn’t know that someone was hiding a few meters behind, watching him secretly.

“Yoboseyo? What is it, Choi Siwon?” Jay answered his call.

“Where are you? You didn’t go home last night.” His younger brother asked.

“I’m on my way home now.. I-” Jay stopped speaking suddenly when he felt someone watching him from behind. He turned around to see who it was. But, he saw no one. He kept his eyes looking at every direction in alert.

“Hyung? Hyung?!” Siwon called again when he got a long pause from Jay.

Hearing the call, Jay answered the phone again. “Sorry, Siwon.. I feel someone watching me. So, I’ll hung up my phone. I’ll be back soon.” He hung up his phone and looked back once again to see the person who followed him. Then he walked again to the crowd in the sidewalk to lose his trace from the spy.

---End of Flashback---

 

Jay startled and looked at Taeyang. “So, it’s you...”

Taeyang nodded in reply.

“I guess you have known all about me.. You are part of the organization, what make you think I’ll cooperate and answer all your questions?”

“I saved you. I could have let you dead in the sea If I didn’t care. But, I decided to save you in the end. Don’t worry there is no gangster member here. It’s a safe place. To tell you, I’m on your side.”

“What?”

“I’m telling you the truth. If I wanted to catch you from the start, I would have gave you to Yuzang... and I believe that you won’t be still alive this time, because he will kill you.”

Jay was thinking about his words before he answered. “Actually, Siwon had been told me about you too. He is my younger brother.”

“Really?”

Jay answered it with a nod.

“I-“ Taeyang was about to say something but he stopped when the door suddenly pushed open. Jay and Taeyang turned their head to see their visitor. He was Gi Suchan, one of Yuzang’s partner who was standing in the door way.

“Good job, Taeyang! You finally got that agent.” He said.

Jay glared coldly at Taeyang beside him. “You are a liar!” He said in the deep voice. "I regret trusting you."

Gi Suchan walked toward them. “Hey, agent. Give me the chip.”

Jay stared fiercely at him. Then he got up from his bed, removing the IV by force. He quickly hit the man on the nose, made him falling onto the floor and groaning in agony. Jay was running toward the door to escape but two big men standing in his way.

“Get out of my way!” Jay shouted as he punched one of them on the face. Spinning around, he kicked on the stomach. Quickly, he grabbed his villain arm and twisted it. Jay pulled him closer before hit his stomach with his knee. The other man was charging at him with his fist. Jay turned his head and avoid his attack by pushed the man in his hold as the shield. This time, the man didn’t stop and moved faster than before. Unfortunately, Jay could not dodge it. He got hit so hard on the cheek. He was thrown onto the floor. A dark bruise appeared on his skin and it hurt.

Jay didn’t want to give up, even in his weak condition right now. He pushed himself to get up. But before he could, the man grabbed a wooden statue and hit it on Jay’s head. Jay instantly fell unconcsious on the floor as the blood started dripping from his injured head.

“That’s enough! Don’t kill him for now!” Taeyang shouted to stop them.

“What did you say? What will we do if we don’t kill him?” Suchan asked, still clutching his nose.

“He is one of NII agents.. I have an important plan for him, that’s why I keep him alive. About the chip, I’ve gotten it.. I’ll give this to Yuzang-hyung.” Taeyang showed them the chip in his hand.

“What is your plan?”

“You will see soon..”

“Okay, if it’s what you want.” Suchan motioned his head to his henchmen. “Bring him.”

They nodded at him. One of them bent down and reached an unconscious Jay, hoisting him over his shoulder. Suchan walked out the room, followed by his henchmen who carried Jay.

Taeyang was still staying in this room, looking them leave. He took out his phone in his pocket and called someone.

“Yoboseyo.. Yuri? Let’s meet. I wanna tell you something.”