Chapter 9

The Story of Three

edited 10.23.13

Note from a very apologetic author: I got stuck, I didn't have an desire to write the Lotte World scene because I didn't see a purpose in it...it was just filler, fluff...so I let the story languish. For that I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

 

I recently realized I was being stupid, so instead of letting myself be locked into this trap of nothingness I simply did a time lapse. This update starts a month after the previous, so we are now in the happy month of November. I know some of you will mourn not having the Lotte World scene but it is this or nothing! ;) I hope you enjoy this story and I am again feeling a great desire/need to write this story...as always I cannot promise the updates will be regular or how often they will come, but I DO promise they WILL come. (as always all mistakes are mine and I ask for your forgiveness.)

 

~Cheers!

Maddie

****************************

ONE MONTH LATER

 

 

“What?”

 

“What do you mean, what?”

 

“I mean what!?”

 

“You are seriously going to tell me you have no idea why I am looking at you like this?!”

 

“I am seriously telling you I have no idea what the hell is going on right now! I am barely following this conversation!”

 

“You have to be ing kidding me!” Ji yelled in frustration, and I jumped at the sudden outburst.

 

“Tell me what is wrong. I have obviously forgotten something, or not done something...or done something to make you angry, so please just help me understand!” I pleaded, completely baffled at what was going on.

 

“Why the should I? It obviously doesn't mean a damn thing to you so why should I care!!!” Ji continued yelling at the top of his lungs, and I blanched. NEVER in the entire time I had known him had he ever spoken to me like this...or anyone else in my presence.

 

He gave me a look that could have killed me and spat out the next words. “What the does it matter now?” He turned away from me to face the wall, as the door flew open behind us.

 

“What the hell is going on in here?” Seung-Hyun asked in a hard cold voice. “Kwon Ji-Yong, what the hell just happened? Never in all the time I have known you have I heard you yell like that, especially not at one you care for...what the hell is going on?” He looked at Ji-Yong's back, and then at me.

 

I looked at him with fear and confusion, shrugging to let him know I had no idea either. Both of us snapped out eyes back to Ji as he snorted in disgust.

 

“What the hell is going on, you ask????? What the hell is going on?!? That is a VERY good question! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !?!!?” He whipped around to face us again, staring at first me and then Seung-Hyun.

 

“You have no ing idea either, do you?” Ji asked quietly, and it was scarier than when he was yelling. “Neither of you have a ing clue!”

 

He snatched his bag up off the desk and tore out the door without a word or glance.

 

“Like hell he is walking away from this!” Seung-Hyun grabbed my hand pulling me with him. “Come on.”

 

We made it to the hallway in time to see Ji-Yong disappear through the door into the stairwell. We hurried to follow. As we made our way down the stairs Seung-Hyun called out to Ji-Yong.

 

“Yah! Stop right there, pretty boy! You are not walking away from us!” He glanced down the stairwell to see if Ji had stopped, he had not.

 

“Kwon Ji-Yong, dammit do not take another step if you value the vows you made to the both of us!” Ji hesitated, causing him to miss a step and nearly fall, but he continued down to the lowest level of the YG building.

 

“Where the hell is he going? I thought he would make a break for his car!” I gasped out.

 

“I have no idea, but I am going to kill the bastard when I catch him!” Seung-Hyun growled.

 

“Seung-Hyun, this isn't him...this isn't him at all...I don't think we should get really angry until we find out what is going on.” I tried to diffuse his temper with logic.

 

“Fine, but he WILL answer for his actions!” He ground out.

 

“Let's just keep our heads, since it is obvious he doesn't have his.” I cautioned.

 

“Fine.”

 

We made it to the basement floor, where the extra practice rooms are located. We paused in the hallway not sure where Ji had gone, then we heard his voice let out an angry yell. No words, just a scream of frustration.

 

We both ran toward the room, Seung-Hyun threw open the door and froze causing me to run into his back.

 

“Surprise!!!!!! Happy Birthday Seung-Hyun-ssi!!!!!!” Everyone we knew screamed in unison. The entire room had been transformed. There were green potted plants strung with twinkle lights lining the room, more lights were strung across the ceiling giving the feeling of stars. There were beautifully decorated tables full of food and gifts. It was stunning, and baffling.

 

“What the ?” That was it. All Seung-Hyun could manage. “What the !?”

 

“Ohhhh, my...” Was all I said.

 

Ji came forward grinning his gummy, toothy beautiful grin, but it faded as he really looked at us.

 

He held is hands out in front of him, “Don't be mad, don't be mad...I didn't think it through...I just knew I had to get you both down here without you being suspicious!!! I didn't know what to do.” His grin had twisted into a grimace, and he looked truly pained. “Dear One, when you told me to stop if my vows meant anything, I didn't know what to do...but momentum carried me forward and I just followed my feet. I was committed at that point...please baby, don't be mad.” The room had gone silent as Ji-Yong pleaded with Seung-Hyun. Midway through his apology Seung-Hyun had squeezed my hand which he still held, several times, letting me know that he was okay...but he didn't stop Ji nor change his expression.

 

Ji came forward another three steps, he was now directly in front of Seung-Hyun within arms reach.

 

“That whole thing was to get me to a party?” He asked coldly.

 

“Yes.” Ji said pathetically then hung his head.

 

“That may have been the worst idea ever. It also may have been...the best freaking acting performance of the century!!!!!!” Seung-Hyun dropped my hand and grabbed Ji-Yong to hug Ji to his body.

 

It was now Ji's turn to be shocked. He looked at me over our Dear One's shoulder in shock, before breaking into his radiant smile and clinging to Seung-Hyun.

 

Everyone cheered, and laughed relieved.

 

“If you ever do that again I will kill you. Even acting, I never want to hear you yelling like that at our Little One, or me...deal, my love?”

 

Ji nodded, “Ne, majayo! I just wanted to surprise you for once!” Ji explained pulling back a little. “You ALWAYS find out about my parties so I was ultra secret this time...I didn't even tell Little One!” He turned to me and some other people came to congratulate the birthday boy.

 

“Little One, I am so sorry for scaring you. The look on your face up in the studio broke my heart!” He hugged me, kissing my temple.

 

“Forgiven for that, just never do it again!” I said completely overwhelmed with so many battling emotions. “NOT forgiven for not telling me about the party!!!” I stepped away from him, “I can keep a secret!!!”

 

“Oh babe! Not from Seung-Hyun, you can't!” Ji told me, and before I could protest continued, “Remember Christmas last year? And what about the new BearBrick? What about weekend away?”

 

“Yah, that last one was not my fault! He was supposed to have schedule, not come home to find me packing all our things for a short vacation!!!!”

 

“Alright, you are right...about that one.”

 

Seung-Hyun came back over to us, and Ji grabbed each of our hands in his, he looked at us intently, “Are you really okay? You know my vows me the world to me, right? I am so sorry I did those things, and I will never do that again.”

 

Seung-Hyun smiled and leaned his head against Ji's, “We are good, and thank you for the party...I love it and I love you!” He pulled me to them and they wrapped their arms around me as well. “We are good.” He paused to look at me and I nodded enthusiastically.

 

He let us both go and faced the crowd, “Now let's eat cake!” He bellowed. “Oh!” His eyes lit up as he spied the present table, “And presents!!! Food, first them gifts!!!”

 

He spun around in place and exclaimed, “Aaaahhhh, I love my birthday!”

 

We all laughed at his antics, and I marveled at how I had married a very large child.

 

Ji was being his usually social butterfly self, flitting from one group to another making sure all were having a good time. Seung-Hyun was attacking the buffet table with gusto, surrounded by friends and loved ones. And I...I stood by the wall watching it all unfold in front of me.

 

“Hey, there...is this a private party or can anyone join?” I was startled by the voice coming from right next to me, but relaxed quickly as I realized who it was.

 

“You are always welcomed Dong Young-Bae.” I smiled at him, and he studied my face for a moment before turning to take in the room and it's occupants.

 

“Still feeling a bit out of place in this crowd?” He asked quietly.

 

“Erm.” I confirmed with a nod.

 

He gave a chuckle at my very Korean answer, “Even after all this time?”

 

“Yes. I have never been good at social functions...I just...small groups, those I know really well...I am great with that stuff. But put me in a room full of people I don't have a true and fast relationship with and I get all weird.”

 

“Everyone in this room is privy to your marriage situation, they are all trustworthy and love you guys. The only difference is that many of them are primarily Ji and Hyung's friends...from before they knew you.” Bae voiced.

 

“Yeah. I always feel like they are judging me. They all always look put together...wearing the right styles, shoes, bags. They all know how and what to drink...they know and can get into the best clubs. They are the cool kids...and I have never been at ease with the cool kids.”

 

“Sinhae-nuna, you are one of the cool kids!” He told me gently. “You wear the right styles, you have the most beautiful bags, you know what NOT to drink!” He smiled knowingly, “and you can get into the best clubs in Seoul too!”

 

I smiled sadly at him. “I wear what my husbands buy me. I carry the bags they buy for me too. I have learned the hard way I can't drink. As far as the clubs go? No, Bae...I can't get into those clubs.”

 

Bae looked scandalized, “Yes you can! There isn't a club out there that wouldn't let you in!”

 

I scoffed, “The only reason I am ushered into clubs is because I am with BIGBANG, or G-Dragon, or T.O.P...I myself cannot get into those clubs. It is just the way it is...I am okay with that, truly I am...I just wish I could fit in and feel more at ease in their world.”

 

Bae turned me and put his hands on my shoulders, looking me directly in the eye. “Sinhae, you do not have to try and fit into 'their world' I know this for a fact because you are their world. Have you ever had any of Nu Thang over one at a time?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“You should. Get to know them as people...not just a group. I think you will surprised at how amazing they all are...I know I was.” Bae slung a arm around my shoulders and pulled me with him heading to the food table. “Let's get something to eat and go sit with that group of dancers over there, okay?”

 

I smiled and boldly put my arm around his waist. “Deal.”

 

We were almost to the buffet table when Seung-Hyun's voice filled the room, “Yah, Dongsaeng! Get your hands off my wife!!!! Go find your own girl!”

 

I laughed and tightened my grip on his waist, “Who says he is the one who started it?” I challenged, wiggling my eyebrows up and down at my husband.

 

Sudden from behind us a body was pushing it's way between us. Forcing my arm away from Bae and his arm from my shoulders. The body weaseled it's way through and a head popped up with a gummy grin, “Don't worry, Dear One...I got this!” Ji announced smugly.

 

“Oh, you do?” Bae asked with a mischievous glint in his eye. He reached across himself to grab Ji's arm and bring over his head to rest on Bae's shoulders while Bae wrapped his own arm around Ji's waist. “Looks like I still have my hands on the birthday boy's spouse!” He leaned into Ji and rested his head on Ji's shoulder.

 

Using the worst female aegeyo voice I have ever heard he loudly began, “Oppa, I just love you so much! Oppa, let me touch your hair! Oppa, look only at me!”

 

Everyone was laughing at Bae's antics, and I felt a sudden surge of confidence.

 

“Yah, my Heart, you finally have someone who will call you Oppa!!! You really should take advantage while you can!” Seung-Hyun had been taking a drink and when he heard my words he sprayed champagne out over those nearby, and well as had it coming from his nose.

 

One of the Nu Thang crew, that I didn't know his name, laughed and declared, “Oh, Sinhae-ssi is the best! I have never seen Hyung waste good champagne like that!!! PLEASE tell me someone got that on video!”

 

“Yah! It's my birthday you can't make embarrassing videos of me!”

 

“Why not!” Someone call out.

 

“Because it's my birthday, and I am the Birthday Boy, which means you all have to do what I say.”

 

This met with a lot of objections.

 

Ji turned to me, as we were no longer the focus of attention, leaned down kissed my head and said, “Well done, my Little One. I am sorry.”

 

I looked up at him confused, but he turned his head to Young-Bae, who was still attached to us, and said, “Thank you Bae.”

 

Young-Bae smiled at him, “No thanks needed. We are family, we take care of our own.”

 

Ji grinned and moved suddenly to kiss Bae's cheek, causing Bae to yell and let go of him. “Yah! Knock it off or I am going to charge you with ual harassment!!!”

 

“No you won't....you know you loved it!” Ji turned back to me. “I know this isn't your favorite kind of event--”

 

“It's fine.” I cut him off waving in Seung-Hyun's direction, “He is having a blast and that is what matters. I love you for putting this all together...even if you didn't tell me about it.”

 

Ji looked at me for several moments. “Thanks, I worked hard! It was sooo much fun! You guys had no clue!!!” He giggled before hugging me in glee. He held me in his arms as we both watched our Dear One talking animatedly with friends as he enjoyed both the wine and the food in front of him.

 

I turned and kissed Ji's chest, directly over his heart. “You are a good man, Kwon Ji-Yong. What gift did you give him from us?”

 

Ji leaned back as smiled excitedly, his eyes gleaming with mirth. “I out did myself!”

 

I laughed at him, “So...what did we give him?”

 

Ji leaned down close to my ear, “The bags are in the car. After this party we leave for Jejudo for three..well really two and a half days of bliss!” He looked at my face and giggled, “And before you ask, yes I had SuLi come over and pack with me so you wouldn't be without anything!”

 

I stood on tip-toe and placed a quick kiss on my husband. “I love you!!!!” I squealed.

 

He released me and took my hand, dragging me forward towards the food.

 

“I used the same service to cater as we had at the wedding. Same people, so they are all vetted and have signed gag agreements, and the food is divine!” We made our way down the food table with me holding a plate and the both of us placing food on it, Ji's arm around my waist the entire time.

 

It made me feel secure. As if Ji was stating for all to see, “She is mine and I love her.”

 

It may sound corny but so rarely does a situation come along that we are able to be like this, that it means the world to me when it does happen. We turned away from the food table and I hesitated, unsure of where to go sit. Would Jiyong-a expect me to go over to NuThang? Would the stylist nunas expect me to sit with them? Seung-Hyun was surrounded by people, no seat open near him. I sighed to myself and began to turn to the empty tables off to the side. Ji stopped me by tightening his arm around me.

 

He again leaned in close to no one but me could hear, “Babe, if that is where you truly want to go I will go with you, but if you are going simply because you don't know where else to go, I ask that you trust me on this.”

 

I gave a quick nod. “I'll follow you.” I told him, relieved not to have to make this choice.

 

“You amaze me. You don't bat an eyelash when dealing with President Yang, but put you with a group your own age and you are suddenly adrift with doubt.” I smiled and he kissed my temple.

 

In the amount of time it took to have this brief discussion Seung-Hyun had taken notice of us, and as Ji kissed my temple, he called out to us. “Oh, my beautiful wives! Come over here and sit with your man!” He smirked at us before turning to those around him, “Make some room, I want to eat dinner with my spouses at my birthday celebration! I love you all but the rule is that if the three of us are actually all in the same city we eat dinner together no matter what.” As he explained people were busy rearranging themselves to make spaces on either side of the birthday boy.

 

Ji steered me over to them. I was a bit hesitant about choosing a seat...I would have Seung-Hyun on one side but a stranger on the other, as I did not know either of the people sitting looking at me expectantly. Seung-Hyun-a saw my dilemma and made my decision for me.

 

“Little One, come sit here!” He motioned to the seat on his right. “I don't think I have ever introduced you to my study buddy from high school.” He gestured to the man sitting to my right and continued, “This is James Jung. He was born in the States, came over to Seoul for High School but ended up going to university in the States before coming back here.”

 

I set my food down turned to James and spoke in English, “Where in the States were you born?”

 

“I was born in Colorado, in a suburb of Denver.” He replied shaking my hand.

 

“No way! I was born in Denver, in Rose Memorial hospital.”

 

“I had my appendix out in that hospital!” He declared.

 

“I only spent a few hours there before I was transferred to the Children's Hospital for intensive care.”

 

“Oh, what was wrong?”

 

“My lungs both collapsed and they had to monitor me for a couple weeks before I got to go home. But what suburb were you born in?”

 

“Littleton, out in Jefferson County.”

 

I just stared at him in shock.

 

“What?” He asked, looking slightly worried, “What did I say?”

 

Seung-Hyun who had been watching our exchange chuckled. “James man, I love you. You have reduced my wife to silence...that is not an easy feat!”

 

“I went to Shaffer Elementary...I would have gone to Deer Creek Junior High, and would have gone to Chatfield High.”

 

“No ?! I went to Deer Creek before we left and come here! We so could have known each other!”

 

“Please don't tell me you lived in Ken Carl Ranch!” I pleaded, wrinkling my nose in distaste.

 

“Oh, my no! WAY to stuff and uppity for my father's taste. We built out near Chatefield Reservoir. Lots of empty land around us for me to explore and enjoy.”

 

“Same here! We had a stream running through our property that eventually drained into the reservoir! We use to go tubing down it in the summer!” I laughed and we continued to talk about our shared knowledge and experiences on Colorado, from the Broncos to the winters and skiing. Seung-Hyun reached out and slid his leg behind mine, hooking his foot around mine. I moved slightly to lean against his side as I continued chatting with James, until Chaerin came over and sat down with us joining our convo.

 

All conversation came to a halt when JiYong stood up and asked for everyone's attention.

 

“As you all know, we are here to celebrate a man we all know and love. Choi Seung-Hyun.” He turned to our Dear One, “You have known me longer than anyone in this room, and I cannot imagine my life without you in it. I love you, and am so grateful for all you are and all you give to Little One and I. I hope that you know--” He faltered getting emotional, and I stood without thought.

 

“We hope you know how much you change those around you for the good, and what much of a blessing you are to all of us in this room. We tease you that you are an alien, or an over grown child...but those qualities are what make you who you are and I think...no, I know that none of us would change a thing! You are our Dear One, and we love you so very much.” I lifted my glass of champagne, “To Seung-Hyun!”

 

We toasted and Seung-Hyun stood and wrapped an arm around each of us. “Thank you both, and thank everyone who came tonight...now what do you all say we move on to the presents??!?!?!!?”

 

The rest of the night I stayed by Seung-Hyun's side and actually enjoyed myself. Ji continued to be his

socially radiant self, and a good time was had by all who attended.

 

After the last of the guests left, we gathered up the presents and prepared to load them up in the van. I volunteered to make the several trips to the van while Seung-Hyun and Ji-Yong went upstairs and gathered their things and mine as well.

 

I had just put the last of the gifts in when arms slipped around my waist. I stiffened, not recognizing the feel of the arms.

 

I tried to turn to see who was touching me when I heard a raspy voice, “Don't turn around. Just let me enjoy this.” I felt something sharp against my stomach. I looked down to see a rather large knife pressing into my sweater. I froze, my mind racing, trying to figure out what to do.

 

“W-What do you want?” I stuttered out.

 

“I want to touch you. I want to hold you. No one truly appreciates you here. You work so hard but I never see anyone caring for you.” He shifted his grip pulling me back against his body and I shuddered in fear.

 

“For three years I have watched you come and go. You are friends with everyone, but everyone I ask tells me that you have no one to love you. I can't take it any more...I just can't let you go unloved.”

 

I felt him kiss the side of my head and I struggled to get away from him. The thought of his lips on any part of my made me feel nauseous.

 

It was a mistake.

 

“Dammit, don't do that!” He growled angrily. He brought the knife up to my throat pressing it hard enough that I felt a trickle of blood and again froze.

 

“I know this isn't how I wanted this to go. I-I-I didn't want to scare you...I wanted to—but you are never alone!!! How am I supposed to approach you when you are never alone!?? Why do you do that?? You are always in motion and surrounded by people, you deliberately did that didn't you???” He continued, working himself up, and the knife moved slightly across the skin of my throat. As I felt several more drips of blood flow slowly down my neck I began crying.

 

“Please! I am sorry! I-I didn't know! Truthfully! I never had any idea you wanted to talk to me!” I tried desperately not to lose it and start sobbing. The terror that I would never see my spouses...or even worse that they would come out and find me in a pool of blood...I didn't want that to be their last picture of me. “Please, let's just talk...wh-what is your name?”

 

“My name?” He jerked slightly in surprise at the question and I gasped. His jerk had caused the knife to dig a bit deeper and the pain just served to bring more tears to my eyes.

 

“Yes, what is your name. If we are to have a conversation it would be helpful to know your name.” I tried to get him talking, hoping he would calm down, and let me go.

 

“My name...you want to know my name.” He uttered, sound shell shocked.

 

“Yes. Please.” I said gently.

 

“My name is Sun-Min. Jung Sun-Min.”

 

“Well Jung Sun-Min I am Sinhae Langston, it is nice to meet you.” How I could say those words without choking on them remains a mystery to me.

 

“N-Nice to meet you too.” The knife stayed at my throat but his arm around my waist relaxed a tiny little bit.

 

“What do you do?” I asked carefully.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked confused.

 

“I mean what do you do for a living?”

 

“I am a security guard, here at YG. I am the one in the front security booth at the entrance to the parking lot.” He told me sounding slightly hurt that I didn't know that.

 

“Oh! You are the man who always smiles and waves, aren't you?!?!” I exclaimed recognizing his voice now.

 

“Ne, majayo.” I could hear in his voice that he was smiling, and the knife at my throat slacked so it was barely touching my skin.

 

“I have often thought how nice it is that I always see a smiling face when I come to work. No matter what my own mood is I know that you will be there ready with a smile and wave.” I continued trying to placate Jung Sun-Min.

 

“Really? You noticed me?” He sounded awed by the thought.

 

“Of course, we all notice you.”

 

“What? Who?”

 

“My co-workers and I. Even G-Dragon and Tae-Yang have commented on your dependability. You touch more people than you can imagine.” This wasn't a lie...Ji and Bae had commented on how the guard was always smiling and if it weren't for them pointing it out I would probably not have noticed. But since they had mentioned it I had continued to take note of how happy he was when greeting all the vehicles coming and going from YG.

 

“Really? They notice me?” He cleared his throat and the arm with the knife came down to rest on my shoulder, the blade completely off my skin. “I thought I was invisible, just like you. Always there but not loved.” He sighed and his arm around my waist relaxed.

 

Summoning up all my self defense training I took a chance and used S.I.N.G. I jammed my elbow into his Solar-plexus as I simultaneously bit the hand holding the knife. He dropped it and grunted in pain, but I was not done. I slammed my foot down on his Instep as hard as I could, followed immediately by throwing my head back as hard as I could into his Nose, before slamming my fist back into his Groin. As I had hoped by the end of my assault he had let me go completely and I ran for the door of YG.

 

I cursed as I had to wait for the fingerprint to register, praying he would not recover before the door opened.

 

The doors opened and as soon as I could fit through them I slid past them and launched myself up the steps, not daring to look back. I ran for all I was worth up three flights of stairs. I was screaming my head off for someone to help me, but I knew that nearly everyone had left after the party for my Dear One. I just ran, the only thought in my head was to get to my husbands, they would protect me. I ran, I swear the staircase seemed to grow as I focused on getting to the third floor. As I made it up I didn't pause nor let up as I threw myself around the corner and barreled down the hallway toward Ji's studio. Before I was even halfway there both my guys were there running towards me, their faces showing fear and confusion. I realized I was still yelling.

 

“Babe, what is wrong?” Ji asked looking past me trying to see what was wrong.

 

“Oh, my god! Blood, her neck is bleeding!” Seung-Hyun yelled at Ji. They reached me and I threw myself into their arms crying and gasping.

 

“Who did this?” Seung-Hyun asked, voice hard and angry.

 

“Jung Sun-Min, the happy guard!!!” I gasped out. I was trying to pull them toward the studio...I felt too exposed in the hallway. “Please, let's go to the studio, we can lock the door...please, please!” I whimpered and they ushered me urgently to the studio and locked the door behind us.

 

Ji-Yong let go of me pushing me into Seung-Hyun's arms, “Stop the bleeding.” He said shortly, before moving over to the phone.

 

“Yang-hyung? Sinhae was just assaulted by Jung Sun-Min, the happy guard, her neck is bleeding and she is sobbing. Please locate the bastard on your cameras while I call the police. WHAT?!!? What do you mean I shouldn't call the police? What? So they have him? You saw what was going on and called the main security? Okay...hmmm...mmm...okay. Yes, okay. We will stay in the studio, yes I understand. Thank you.”

 

As Ji was talking Seung-Hyun had forced me to sit on the couch beside him and had pried my head back to see could see my neck. He had taken his scarf off and had wiped the blood off to look at the cut.

 

“How bad is it?” Ji asked as he joined us on the couch.

 

“Not too bad. It isn't very deep it is just bleeding a lot.” He pressed the scarf against my neck as he slip his arm around my shoulders and pulled me against his side. I nestled into him still breathing hard, and the tears still flowing. “I am more worried about shock, she is shaking pretty badly.”

 

Ji-Yong took his jacket off and with Seung-Hyun's help put is around me tightly. I burrowed down into it, inhaling his scent and trying to calm down. I tried to slow my breathing and my crying but it only seemed to get stronger.

 

Seung-Hyun pressed me against him again whispering to me that I was safe now. Ji got down on the floor on his knees took my hands in his, rubbing them to warm them.

 

“Look at me.” Ji-Yong commanded me.

 

I looked at him and saw his coffee colored eyes shining back at me. “Look at me, just look at me. I am going to breath with you. Let's begin, take a big breath in.” He inhaled in front of me, I did too but released it quickly.

 

“Again, inhale....” He did it again and I followed, keeping it in a fraction of a second longer this time.

 

“Again...Again...” And so it went until I was breathing pretty normally.

 

Just as I was regaining my breath there was a knock at the door and I gasped, looking at the door wildly, shaking. Seung-Hyun tightened his arm around me, as Ji said, “That should be Dr. Lee. Hyun-Suk-Hyung called him. He saw what was going on with you on one of his CCTVs, he called security and they were about to approach you guys when you and I quote 'Let loose some damn amazing skills and slaughtered the bastard.' You have always been Yang's favorite but now you have his respect too! He was taken into custody right as you made it into the building. He said they called after you but you were not in a state to hear them. I am going to go look to make sure it is Dr. Lee and then let him in now, okay?”

 

I nodded, and he got up.

 

Ji-Yong opened the door a crack and Dr. Lee's hand came and gripped his shoulder, “Where is she? Is she okay?” Ji opened the door the whole way and ushered a rather harried looking Dr. Lee inside the room. He stood with his travel medical bag and scanned the room. He saw me and his face softened.

 

“Sinhae-a...thank goodness.” His shoulders relaxed, and he came over to sit on the other side of me.

 

“Seung-Hyun, let go of the scarf now...let me see what we have here.” He examined the wound, cleaned and sterilized it before getting some gauze pads out and fashioning a bandage for me. After securing the bandage he leaned away from me and looked at my eyes. He brought a hand up to my cheek. “Oh, my child...my heart can't take this! Who knew that at this old age I'd be granted a daughter...and one born in America to boot!”

 

I smiled weakly.

 

“You will be just fine physically. I do not think there will even be a long lasting scar. I will bring by some ointment to rub on it once it is healed to help make sure there will be no scar.” He paused and just looked at me. “Are you truly okay?”

 

I leaned into Seung-Hyun and nodded, “Yes. I knew I would be okay as long as I was able to get to Seung-Hyun-a and Ji-Yong-a...I knew I would be safe.”

 

Seung-Hyun's breath hitched and he brought his other arm across me to hugged me fully, and he pressed his forehead to mine. “Always.”

 

Dr. Lee stood moved back a few feet and told Ji-Yong-a, “I think you are needed over here.”

 

Ji looked away from his conversation with Hyun-Suk, whom I hadn't even noticed had come in.

 

He came over to us. “Dear One let her go for a moment.”

 

Seung-Hyun looked puzzled but did as Ji asked. Ji then helped me stand up, before sitting down right up against Seung-Hyun. He then pulled me to sit on them in the middle. I leaned my head back to where their shoulders met and shut my eyes. I felt both their heads lean against mine and I finally felt truly calm.

 

I listened to Dr. Lee fill CEO Yang in on my injury, simply enjoying being surrounded by my guys.

 

Yang then told Dr. Lee that the police would be taking Jung Sun-Min into custody as soon as they arrived. He had called two detectives he knew so there would not be a big scene with lights and sirens.

 

My head shot up at that, “He doesn't need jail, he needs help!”

 

Yang stared at me with a contemplating look.

 

“I don't think he really wanted to hurt me...he just thought I was not loved, and that it wasn't fair that I did so much for those around me without being given any recognition...I think he was projecting what he felt onto me. He is devoid of any love and compassion from others. He needs help.” I stated again with determination.

 

“Little One...” Seung-Hyun began then paused to take a deep breath, “Little One, he held a knife to your throat. He CUT you with that knife! Who knows what he would have done if-” He stopped and swallowed his anger, trying hard not to lose control.

 

I shifted towards him, “I know. I know that he would not have hurt me seriously.”

 

“He made your neck bleed! Is that not serious enough!” Ji exclaimed, doing and even worse job at not losing control.

 

“I know, I know! What he did was bad, but I know why he did it. He was trying to help me in his own sick way...just as he was trying to help himself. Yes, what just happened scared the out of me, and I never ever ever want that to happen again...but if we just shove him in a cell without addressing the reason why he did it, it will just continue the cycle. If we show him the compassion no one else has and get him the help he needs...then maybe we can guarantee that this really doesn't ever happen again, not to me, not to anyone!” The tears were back, and I didn't even try to stop them. “Please, he isn't a bad person...think of all the days he stood there smiling, and greeting us like family as we came and left from this building. Did any of us ever stop and ask his name or how he was? Did any one of us tell him thank you? I know I didn't.”

 

I paused and looked at all four men in the room, meeting their eyes in a silent plea. “Please, I want to help him.” I said letting the emotion saturate my tone.

 

CEO Yang looked me in the eye. “This is your choice. You were the one who was harmed, so you are the one who gets to decide his future. I do not like it, it goes against everything I feel as an older-brother protector, and I KNOW it goes against everything the two men who are holding you are feeling...but it is your choice...and I will respect that.”

 

Seung-Hyun made a sound very much like a growl at the back of his throat.

 

“Fine, but we are still filing a report with the police. We will not press charges but we ARE filing a report.” Ji decided aloud and I knew from the tone of voice not to argue with him.

 

“Dear One, please say something.” I dared not look at him, and held my breath waiting for him to reply.

 

“I hate this. I hate that you look for the good in everyone you meet. I hate that that quality is one of the reasons I fell in love with you. I hate that even though you just went thought hell you are the lone voice of reason. I hate that while I am sitting here wanting to rip this bastard limb from limb for touching you let alone hurting you, you are sitting here wanting to help him. What I hate the most, is that you are right! I hate this whole thing!” He finished with a disgusted sigh.

 

I leaned my head more toward his, “Thank you.”

 

I moved my head over to Ji's “Thank you.”

 

I lifted my head to look at CEO Yang. “Thank you, too. I love you guys! Very rarely is doing the right thing easy...but I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who are strong enough to do it anyway.”

 

There was a knock on the door. Yang partially opened it, just enough for him to see the person in the hall.

 

“Sir, the detectives you called are here. Do you want us to bring them here or to your office?” The Head of Security asked.

 

“Bring them here but give us three minutes before you do.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

Yang closed the door and looked over at us.

 

“I hate to bring this up right now but these two guys have never signed confidentiality agreements, so how do you want to handle this?”

 

“I am not letting her go.” Seung-Hyun said at the same time Ji said, “She stays where she is.”

 

Yang smiled and shook his head. “I will meet them in the hall and talk to them...I will feel them out and explain some things. Yeah, don't you guys worry about anything, I will take care of it.” He nodded to himself. “Dr. Lee, you should stay in case they need to ask you about the wound.”

 

Dr. Lee nodded.

 

“Okay, I'm going to go meet them and talk, we should be in in a few minutes.” CEO Yang went to the door.

 

Dr. Lee stood up, “I am going to go use the restroom.”

 

They left together.

 

I let my head fall back on my husbands' shoulders. “I love you both more than anything ever.”

 

They both angled their bodies to hug me better, and I slid down in between them a bit, as a result I was basically encompassed by their bodies.

 

“When the knife went deeper and actually cut, all I thought about were the two of you, and that I wouldn't get to see you again...I was so scared that you guys would be the ones to find me in a pool of blood...and how much I didn't want you to go through that.” I stopped as my throat closed.

 

“Oh, baby!” Ji-Yong-a gasped out burying his face against the side of mine, “I am so sorry you had to go through that!”

 

Seung-Hyun managed to get his arm behind Ji as well and pulled us both towards him. He cupped Ji-Yong's face tenderly before doing the same to mine. “All three of us are getting panic buttons and we will carry them and use them without complaint. And Sinhae-a, you will not go anywhere on your own for at least the next three months. I don't care if you are okay, and that you just proved that you can take care of yourself...it is for us not you...so please don't argue.”

 

“Okay...whatever you need. And I love the panic button idea.”

 

“Wow. You really were scared, if you love a security idea.” Ji said drily.

 

“I was terrified. Then he started talking, and I realized just how lost he was. After that I was still scared but I also knew he wasn't intent on causing me harm. I knew if I could just keep him talking and lull him into a comfortable state of mind I could free myself.”

 

“I think we may have to start calling you Brave One, rather than Little One.” Seung-Hyun-a said turning my head so he could kiss my lips. “You never cease to amaze us.”

 

“You know what worries me?” I asked them both.

 

“Tell us.” Ji spoke.

 

“The two of you. I got out of this situation because I have been trained how to do so...I have been through three different types self defense...I did so because being a female in a big city it is stupid not too. Heck my first class was at college, and that was in a small town. But the two of you have no training, and I know you usually have people and security around you...but for the times you don't, I want you to be able to defend yourself. You never know when a deranged fan is going to try doing something stupid. It isn't just for you, but the fan too. I got out of Sun-Min's grasp without doing him permanent damage or injury. I just would feel so much better if you both had Hwang Ssa-Bu-nim arrange some classed for all the members.”

 

We were quiet for a moment as they both thought about it.

 

“You are right. I will speak to Hwang Ssa-bu-nim and Yang-hyung about this. I will also insist that the girls do something more in depth.”

 

“I have taught them all the basics.” I informed him, and they both looked at me in surprise. “What? Do you really think I would let any female I care about go about with no way to protect themselves? After a work out one day I brought it up...and they were excited. Hwang Ssa-Bu arranged to have me teach the 2NE1 girls and any Crazy dancer who wanted to come, the basics.”

 

“Then can't you do the same for us?” Ji asked.

 

“Ani. Some of the techniques may be the same but teaching the male body how to protect and defend is very different than the female body. That is why the majority of self defense classes are not co-ed.”

 

“Erm...” Ji hummed, thinking. “So we need to find another instructor.” He said thinking aloud.

 

“Ssa-Bu-nim knows some people, just ask him.” I let him know.

 

“Ne. We will do this for you, and you will not complain for the next three months that you don't go alone...deal?”

 

I laughed, “You would do it even if I said no to this deal! I know you! I see it in your eyes, you are in Leader Kwon mode! You can't NOT do something that is for the betterment of your members!”

 

Seung-Hyun-a chuckled, “She's right you know, your eyes completely change when you go into Leader mode.”

 

“Yah! Just remember you agreed to three months, that is all I am saying.” Ji-Yong-a pouted.

 

Just then there was a knock at the door, followed by Yang Hyun-Suk poking his head in.

 

“Are you all ready for the detectives?” I nodded and the boys did the same after seeing me do so.

 

Yang opened the door wide and ushered two thirty-something men into the room, Dr. Lee came in with them. They bowed as they entered, and before I could move or say a word Seung-Hyun spoke.

 

“Forgive us for not standing to greet you but I am having a little problem with any sort of separation right now, I hope you understand.”

 

“It's is fine, trust us, it isn't the first time. Please feel at ease. I am Detective Kim Woo-Jin, and this is my partner Kang Dong-Hyun.”

 

“I am Choi Seung-Hyun, over there is my husband Kwon Ji-Yong and between us here is our wife Sinhae Langston.”

 

Ji and I both gasped at our Dear One's boldness, we stared at him as if he had lost his freaking mind. He ignored us as he kept eye contact with Detective Kim.

 

“It is a pleasure to meet you all. I am sorry that it is under these circumstances.”

 

Seung-Hyun nodded in acknowledgment.

 

“Ne, majayo.”

 

CEO Yang spoke up, “By the way after I explained the circumstances they were both more than willing to sign confidentiality agreements that pertain only to the personal relationship between you three. Which is good, considering my dongsaeng's bluntness tonight.”

 

I felt so relieved to hear that news that I felt tension I didn't realize was there drain out of me.

 

Det. Kang notice this and smiled warmly at me. “As you can see there is nothing to fear from us. Let's get right to it then, shall we? While we hate to make you relive what happened, it is the nasty part of our job to make you do it anyway. If at anytime you need a minute or a break, tell us. We are not here to torture you but to get the facts so all parties can move on. Do you understand all I have told you?”

 

“Yes, I understand.” I nodded.

 

Det. Kim then began. “Can you tell us what happened?”

 

I took a deep breath, “Where do I start? Right when he touch me?”

 

“It would be helpful if you could start before that. Set the scene for us, as it where...tell us what you were doing here at the YG building so late?” Det. Kang gently steered me.

 

“Okay. Well...tomorrow is Dear One's birthday.” I began only to have Det. Kim interrupt me.

 

“Dear One?” He questioned, and I blushed profusely.

 

“Ah, I mean Seung-Hyun-a.” I ducked my head embarrassed.

 

“Okay, so from here on out if you refer to 'Dear One' we should infer that you mean Choi Seung-Hyun-ssi, correct?”

 

“Ne, majayo....and if I talk about My Heart, that would be Kwon Ji-Yong-a.” I said looking at my hands.

 

Det. Kim chuckled, “Okay, I have to ask...what is your nickname?”

 

“Little One.” Both Ji and Dear One said, “Although we are considering changing it to Brave One, after tonight.” Ji-Yong-a continued.

 

“So, we have Dear One, My Heart, and Little One, correct?” He asked as he pointed to each of us as he spoke our nicknames.

 

We all nodded, and Det. Kang laughed, “It's so sweet it is almost sickening! Oh! Forgive me, my mouth got away from me!” He looked shocked he had said it aloud.

 

“Nothing to forgive, you aren't the first to say so.” I said smiling. I had no real experience with Korean cops before this, and I had to say I was very impressed thus far.

 

“Okay so tomorrow is Seung-Hyun-ssi's birthday?”

 

Again we all nodded.

 

“Well, happy birthday!” He said smiling at Dear One.

 

“Thank you.” he replied.

 

“So, please Sinhae-ssi, continue.”

 

“Tomorrow is Dear One's birthday, and Ji surprised us both by throwing him a surprise party tonight. All out friends were there, it was truly wonderful. After everyone finally left, I offered to take the presents out to the van while they two of them came up and got their stuff, and mine as well.”

 

“Your stuff?” Det. Kang asked.

 

“Yes, I am an English teacher, translator, and proof-reader here at YG. I have an office on the third floor, so they were going to get my stuff and theirs then come down to the van.”

 

“And what time was that about?” Det. Kim asked.

 

“Ummm...I don't know...what time did the party end?” I asked either one of my boys.

 

They looked at each other trying to remember. Suddenly, Ji jerked and exclaimed, “Oh, hold on I can tell you. When I came back up to the studio I saved the track I had been working on earlier!” He disengaged himself from the two of us and hopped up off the couch bounding over to the sound board and computer.

 

A few clicks later, “It was 1:01 a.m.”

 

“What?!” I looked around, “What time is it right now?”

 

CEO Yang answered me, “It is 2:23 a.m.”

 

“Crap, how did that happen?” I wondered aloud. “OH!”

 

I turned to Seung-Hyun-a turned his head and kissed him soundly. “Happy Birthday bobo complete!!!” I told him brightly as he turned bright red.

 

“Yes, it IS his birthday!” Ji declared delightedly, rushing back towards the couch, then suddenly stopped.

 

“Ummmm...” He turned to the Detectives and Yang, “We have a tradition...the first time we see each other on one another's birthdays we have to give the birthday person a kiss. Soooo, if you are uncomfortable with what I am about to do please avert your eyes for a moment. You have until I get to zero.” He began counting and fairly fast pace.

 

“Five...” He took a step toward Seung-Hyun.

 

“Four...” Another step bringing him to the couch.

 

“Three...” He sat down on Seung-Hyun's lap.

 

“Two...” He wrapped his arms around Dear One's neck.

 

“One...” He bent his head to hover right in front of Seung-Hyun.

 

“Zero.” He kissed Seung-Hyun just as soundly as I had done.

 

“Happy Birthday Bobo delivered! Happy Birthday my love!”

 

“Thank you...now get off my lap...this is suppose to be a police interview!” Seung-Hyun pinched Ji's cheek and pushed him off his lap with a smile.

 

“It's safe now.” Ji announced gaily, as he plopped himself back at my side.

 

Det. Kim turned to CEO Yang, “Are they always like this?” He asked amused.

 

“You have no idea...Birthday traditions, Anniversary of confession traditions, Anniversary of marriage traditions...they are so in love it is hard to take sometimes!” He replied with his signature smirk.

 

“Yah! We aren't bad...we hardly ever partake in public displays of affection. Mostly because we can't without putting Sinhae in potential danger. Not to mention our careers as well.” Ji defended.

 

“Ne, majayo!” Yang soothed.

 

“I am getting the feeling that the way you stated it, is indeed the order of priority for you guys.”

 

“Huh?” Ji asked totally at a lost of what the detective was talking about.

 

“You put harm to Sinhae above harm to your careers.” He elaborated.

 

“Ahhh, yes, you are correct. Our relationship and the three of us who are in it are much more important than any one of our careers, and CEO Yang supports us in that view.”

 

“Nice to know it isn't just all about the money here.” Det. Kang said.

 

“Well, since I am his top money maker he kinda had to go along with it, no matter what.” Ji said smugly.

 

“Yah! You little punk, I can and will still fire you if I feel the need.” Yang shot at him.

 

“Ne, President Yang. I understand. You are right of course!” Ji said using formal language.

 

“Oh, shut up and let's get back to this interview!” Yang snapped.

 

“Okay, let's try and stay on point from here on out, if we could.” Det. Kang requested.

 

“Yes. Okay so around 1a.m. I began loading the presents into the van. I made four trips, it was on the fourth and final trip...I had just put the final bags into the van when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I knew it wasn't either of my loves so I tensed up.”

 

“How did you know it wasn't either of your spouses?” Det. Kang inquired, taking notes.

 

“Are you married?” I asked him in return.

 

“No.”

 

“Are you Det. Kim?”

 

“Yes, I know what you are talking about, but we still need you to verbalize it, for the record.” He told me.

 

“When you have lived with someone for so long you know their...their 'feel' or 'presence.' It isn't something I can easily explain, but every married couple knows what I am talking about. Hell, any couple who has been together for three or more years knows what I am talking about. When those arms came around me I knew without a shadow of a doubt that they did not belong to one of my loved ones.”

 

“Okay, so what did you do?”

 

“I froze. It is shocking to have a random person embrace you like that, especially here in South Korea, where skinship is such a big deal. I froze and just at the moment I wanted to turn around, he spoke. He told me not to turn around, and something about letting him enjoy the moment. That was when I felt something hard against my stomach. I looked down and saw a big knife...and I froze in fear. I couldn't process what was happening at first...it was like my brain stopped functioning for a bit.” I stopped to think.

 

“I think I asked him what he wanted or something like that...I can't quite remember...”

 

“It is fine, just do your best.” Det. Kim prompted.

 

“It is funny I can't remember what I said but I remember his words...” I shuddered and took a deep breath. Seung-Hyun slid a hand into mine giving it a small squeeze, and Ji pulled my head to rest against him.

 

“He told me he wanted to touch me. He said he had watched me and that no one really appreciates me here. He said that he saw me working and caring for others but that he never saw anyone caring for me and my needs. It was around then that he pulled me back against him, and I wanted to vomit. I was still frozen with a knife to the gut but everything within me wanted to get away from his body.” I swallowed and continued, “He went on about how I was friends with everyone at YG but that when he asked my coworkers if I had a boyfriend they always said no, and that he couldn't let me go unloved any longer.”

 

I felt both of my spouses tense and stiffen at my words but I couldn't stop or I'd break down and not be able to continue.

 

“Then he kissed the side of my head,” As I said it, I again felt the urge to puke and had to swallow it down. “I wanted to puke then and now...” I shuddered and sunk deeper into my boys. “It was this action that finally brought my body back to reality and unfroze it. I tried to struggle to get away from him...it was a mistake.” I swallowed again my words going faster to try to make sure they came out at all. “The knife then went to my neck and I could feel that he had broken skin as a drop of blood rolled down my neck. He yelled at me not to do that...that this wasn't the way he had wanted to approach me...but that it was my own fault because I was always with other people. No matter what time of day I was always with people, and this was the only way he could talk to me. He accused me of doing it on purpose and he was getting worked up now, and the knife slid across my throat a bit and I felt more blood. I apologized, telling him I didn't know he wanted to talk to me...then I started thinking about never seeing my husbands ever again, and thinking about what would happen to them if they were the ones who found laying there bleeding out...” I plowed through my words now barely taking time to breathe.

 

“I asked him to talk, and asked him his name. He seemed shocked that I wanted to know, he kept repeating, 'You want to know my name?' I assured him that I did. I was hoping if I got him talking he would relax and make a mistake. He introduced himself, and I told him is was nice to meet him...I do not know how I was able to say that but I did, and I sounded genuine...maybe I should get into acting...” I laughed and it sounded slightly hysterical even to me.

 

“Do you want a moment?” Det. Kang asked.

 

“No, let's just take a break.” Det. Kim said. “Stand up walk around, get a drink. You are doing a really good job, truthfully Sinhae-ssi. Is there a restroom I could use around here somewhere?” CEO Yang stood up and offered to show him to the restroom.

 

That left Det. Kang, Dr. Lee, and the three of us in the studio.

 

Det. Kang spoke, “It really does help to get up and move around.”

 

I sighed and said, “But I am so happy where I am!” I was still sandwiched in between my husbands, feeling secure in their nearness and love. “But I think I will take your advice anyway.” I put a hand on each of my lovers thighs and pushed myself up.

 

I moved toward the small fridge in the corner asking as I did so, “My Heart are there still any of the Vitamin Waters that I like so well?”

 

I bent to open the fridge just as Ji's eyes got big, “No! Don't open that!!!” He yelled, but it was too late.

 

I had opened the fridge and in front of me was the biggest hairiest spider I had ever seen. I screamed and retreated away form the fridge hastily. Unfortunately, in my haste I caught my foot on the roller of one of the chairs at the sound board. I fell backwards hitting my head on the base of the next chair at the board, with a resounding 'thwack.'

 

“Son of a !” I exclaimed loudly before curling into a ball and holding the back of my head.

 

Dr. Lee was over to me in a flash, as was Dear One, while Ji ran to close the fridge door.

 

“Miane! Oh, Little One. I am so sorry. It was meant to be a prank for the recording tech that is working tomorrow...he is deathly afraid of spiders to I planted a fake one in there!”

 

Dr. Lee was carefully feeling the back of my head despite my protests that he not touch it.

 

He began asking me questions, 'Can you follow my finger, how many fingers...etc...'

 

He announced me okay except for a bump that was forming on the back of my head. “Get some ice for her and she will be okay.” He told Ji-Yong.

 

He turned to me and started laughing, “I have treated you so many times throughout the years for silly accidents like this, but this was the first time I got to see it first hand. You have the worst luck on the planet!” He declared.

 

“No, I don't. It is just I used up my portion of luck when I met and fell in love with those two clowns...so now I just have to deal with the consequences.” I said glumly.

 

“So now this is our faults?” Seung-Hyun asked cocking an eyebrow at me.

 

“Yup.” I told him succinctly.

 

Yang and Det. Kim came in and Yang said, “What is going on we just past Ji-Yongie asking where he could get and ice pack.”

 

He looked a me on the floor and rolled his eyes, “Sometimes I think you are a danger to yourself and should be wrapped in bubble wrap!”

 

“Oh! I am game! Think how much fun it would be to pop all those bubbles!” I retorted.

 

“Aish! Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, nothing an ice pack can't cure...but can someone please get a water for me from the fridge?” I pouted.

 

Det. Kang stood and asked, “What kind did you want?”

 

He retrieved the flavor I requested and Dear One helped me stand and walked me back over to the couch.

 

“Next time, ignore me and stay were you are.” Kang said with a grin of apology.

 

“It isn't your fault, this is just my life.” I told him. “Truthfully, it worked. I am not all tense and wrapped up in the memories and that was the whole point of the break, correct?”

 

Ji-Yong-a came back in with an ice pack, and sat down next to me. He pressed it gingerly to the back of my head, I reached up to take it from him and he batted my hands away.

 

“I can hold this, you just focus on telling the rest of the story.” Ji told me softly.

 

“Thank you, Heart!”

 

“So where was I?” I asked the detectives.

 

“When you started thinking of never seeing these two men again...” Det. Kang supplied.

 

“Ah, yeah. Okay so he told me his name and then I asked what he did. He didn't understand what I meant, so I asked him what he did for a living. He then told me that he worked in the front guard booth here at YG. He sounded hurt that I didn't know that...but I in my defense I had not been allowed to see him so how was I supposed to know! I mean really! Anyway, it was then that it clicked and I asked if he was the one who always smiled and waved. He was surprised and excited that I had noticed him. I assured him that a lot of people noticed his smile and that he cheered many people up without ever knowing it. I told him that Young-Bae and Ji-Yongie had even had a conversation about how he was always smiling and how they appreciated it. Honestly, if they hadn't had that conversation I don't know that I would have ever noticed him at all. It was because of that conversation that I noticed him.” I took a breath thinking about how little things like that had led me to be able to create a rapport with the man and helped me to get away without any real harm. I guess I sat there lost in my own thought too long because Det. Kim cleared his throat and my Dear One put a hand on my thigh and squeezed.

 

“Oh...sorry I was thinking. Anyway...as I told him all this, his grip around my waist loosened considerably, and when I told him that Bae and Ji had noticed him, he actually took the knife away from my neck. I knew this was the best shot I was going to get....” I took a deep breath, “So I decided on using the S.I.N.G. Method and--”

 

“Wait, the what method?” Det. Kang inquired.

 

“Sorry...the S-I-N-G method. In English it stands for Solar-plexus, Instep, Nose, and Groin. I don't know Solar-plexus in Korean...here Ji stand up and let me use you as a model.”

 

He grinned his gummy grin, “I am great at modeling!”

 

“Yes, dear Heart...now stand behind me and put your arms loosely around me. Good.” I adjusted him where I needed him to be.

 

“I like this modeling” he murmured in my ear.

 

“Behave!” I admonished. “Okay, so first is the Solar-plexus” I made the motion of bringing my elbow into Ji's stomach.

 

“Then the Instep” I pretended to slam his foot.

 

“Nose, you use your head, you just fling it back as hard as up can. The perps head will most likely be forward at this point as he is still reacting to the stomach and foot assault. You throw your head back hopefully breaking the nose, or at least making him tear up. And last is the Groin, you just bring your arm back as hard as you can with a fist formed to hit the sensitive groin as hard as you possibly can. Then you run like crazy. Which is what I did. I ran...my only thought was if I could just get to Ji and Seung-Hyun-a I would be okay....they would protect me. I have never cursed technology as much as I did waiting for the fingerprint scanner to let me into the building. As soon as the doors began opening I crammed myself through them. I hit the stairs and ran, screaming for help at the top of my lungs. I don't remember thinking about screaming...it is just what I was trained to do. Some part of me knew that no one was really around anymore especially after the party. But I screamed anyway...” I said shakily, and Ji, whose arms arms were still around me, lead me back to sit on the couch.

 

“I made it to the third floor and turned down the hallway and they met me halfway. I have never in my life been so relieved to see them in my life. They saw my neck, heard me beg to come into the studio and lock the door and they listened. After that it all blurs together for a while...until I remember Ji in front of me breathing with me while Seung-Hyun held me. I was told afterward that Yang Hyun-Suk-nim had seen what was happening on the camera and had alerted the main security and they subdued Jung as soon as I took off.” I paused and looked at them both. “Is there anything else you want to know?”

 

“Did you, at anytime, actually see your attacker?” Det. Kim asked.

 

“I—uh..” My mouth fell open as I realized that I had not. “No.” I said stunned.

 

“So you would not be able to recognize him in a line up or photos?”

 

“Well, yes I would, I know him from the guard booth.”

 

“But you cannot testify that it was that same man, because you never saw him, correct?” Det. Kim continued.

 

“Well, no...but I--”

 

“What the hell are you trying to say here, Det. Kim.” Seung-Hyun asked, anger and resentment clear in the tone.

 

“I do not like where you are going with this.” Said Ji in a deadly cold voice as well.

 

“I am not going anywhere, I am getting the facts.” Det. Kim told them, “You do not have to protect her from me...these are routine questions that I need to ask.”

 

Neither of my husbands relaxed nor softened their glares.

 

“But I could identify his voice.” I said with quiet determination. “I could identify his voice out of ten different voices, and that combined with the video footage and the testimonies from the other security guards...and he should have my teeth marks in his hand too, that should match up!”

 

“Teeth marks? Why does he have teeth marks? You didn't mention anything about this.” Det. Kang spoke now.

 

“Oh! I forgot to tell you, I was so busy showing you S.I.N.G. that I forgot to tell you! At the same time I slammed his stomach, I leaned forward and bit his hand as hard as I possible could. He dropped the knife as I had hoped he would.”

 

“As you hoped he would...” Det. Kim sat back and took a long measured look at me.

 

“You should see it on the video feed...it was like a scene from a movie. She totally owned him. Put him down on the ground in like 20 seconds. Now that it is over and she is safe I can say that I think it may be one of my proudest moments of our dear Sinhae-a!” Yang said with a chuckle.

 

“We intend to see it.” Det. Kim told him.

 

“We could do that now.” Yang continued.

 

Both detective stood and bowed in our direction.

 

“It was a pleasure meeting you all, and if we have any other questions we will be in touch.” Det. Kang told us.

 

“What are you talking about? We aren't going anywhere.” Yang stood and went over to the computer. He sat down ad after a few seconds the tv screen above the recording booth lit up.

 

“Just a moment and I will bring it up.” He typed and clicked a few times before freezing, his hand posed over the keyboard unmoving. He slowly turned to look me in the eyes and asked, “Sinhae-a, is this okay? Are you okay seeing this or should we go elsewhere? I didn't even think of how you would feel before I said we would watch it here.”

 

I was relieved he had asked. “Is there sound?” I hated the waiver in my voice, I hated that I was scared to hear his voice again.

 

“That depends on you. Do you want there to be sound?” He said slowly.

 

I shook my head adamantly. “No, please. I don't want to hear his voice again right now.”

 

“Then I will mute the sound. I can give a copy to the detectives to take with them as evidence and they can watch it later with sound, right?” He looked as Kim and Kang, who both nodded.

 

“We are good with that. We certainly do not want to make you do something that will inflict more pain. You have been through too much today as it is.” Det. Kim sympathized.

 

“Thanks. I-I think I want to watch it...and if I change my mind I can just close my eyes.”

 

CEO Yang nodded and turned back to the computer, soon enough an image a van parked in front of the main doors appeared, and soon after an image of me bringing bags to the van also appeared.

 

Ji-Yong-a pulled me onto his lap, my back to Seung-Hyun, who scooted up closer to put and arm around Ji's shoulders and the other around me. We all sat in silence watching the television screen, and the images play out as I had told them. When the knife moved to my throat, I felt a flash of panic rise within me. Ji sensed it and pulled my head away from the screen and into his neck.

 

I snuggled closer into him and heard him whispering in my ear, “Breathe, in..two, three, four, five. Out..two, three, four, five.”

 

I nodded into his neck and continued to count the seconds as I inhaled and exhaled. We both jumped, startled, when the other five people in the room exclaimed loudly.

 

“Holy !” I think it was from Det. Kang.

 

“That was amazing!” Dr. Lee yelped.

 

“That's my girl!” Yang crowed.

 

“Good grief I sleep with a ninja!” Our Dear One marveled.

 

Ji looked up and asked, “What did I miss?”

 

“Let me rewind it, and Sinhae-a, I really think you need to see this.” Yang told us.

 

I lifted my head to meet the concerned coffee brown ones in front of me. “You don't have to watch it.” Ji told me softly, and Seung-Hyun-a rubbed my side were his hand rested.

 

“I trust Yang Hyun-Suk.” I told him. “I can do this.”

 

I turned back to look at the screen as Yang announced, “Okay here we go!”

 

He clicked play and on screen I saw Jung drop his arm to my shoulder and then in a flurry of precise movement I totally disarmed and incapacitated him. I made it look easy. Then as I ran into the building, security swarmed up and took control of the situation.

 

“Holy !” Ji said in awe.

 

“That is what I said!” Det. Kang said, looking at me with new found respect.

 

“All those hours of training and years of classes paid off.” I told them matter-of-factly. I turned away from the screen and snuggled back into Jiyong-a's neck, and sighed tiredly. Now that all the adrenaline had drained from my body I was overwhelmingly spent. I allowed myself to relax fully resting against Ji's chest and surrounded by both their arms. My last thought before sleep overtook me was that my Heart's legs were going to go numb if we stayed like this very long.ONE MONTH LATER

 

 

“What?”

 

“What do you mean, what?”

 

“I mean what!?”

 

“You are seriously going to tell me you have no idea why I am looking at you like this?!”

 

“I am seriously telling you I have no idea what the hell is going on right now! I am barely following this conversation!”

 

“You have to be ing kidding me!” Ji yelled in frustration, and I jumped at the sudden outburst.

 

“Tell me what is wrong. I have obviously forgotten something, or not done something...or done something to make you angry, so please just help me understand!” I pleaded, completely baffled at what was going on.

 

“Why the should I? It obviously doesn't mean a damn thing to you so why should I care!!!” Ji continued yelling at the top of his lungs, and I blanched. NEVER in the entire time I had known him had he ever spoken to me like this...or anyone else in my presence.

 

He gave me a look that could have killed me and spat out the next words. “What the does it matter now?” He turned away from me to face the wall, as the door flew open behind us.

 

“What the hell is going on in here?” Seung-Hyun asked in a hard cold voice. “Kwon Ji-Yong, what the hell just happened? Never in all the time I have known you have I heard you yell like that, especially not at one you care for...what the hell is going on?” He looked at Ji-Yong's back, and then at me.

 

I looked at him with fear and confusion, shrugging to let him know I had no idea either. Both of us snapped out eyes back to Ji as he snorted in disgust.

 

“What the hell is going on, you ask????? What the hell is going on?!? That is a VERY good question! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !?!!?” He whipped around to face us again, staring at first me and then Seung-Hyun.

 

“You have no ing idea either, do you?” Ji asked quietly, and it was scarier than when he was yelling. “Neither of you have a ing clue!”

 

He snatched his bag up off the desk and tore out the door without a word or glance.

 

“Like hell he is walking away from this!” Seung-Hyun grabbed my hand pulling me with him. “Come on.”

 

We made it to the hallway in time to see Ji-Yong disappear through the door into the stairwell. We hurried to follow. As we made our way down the stairs Seung-Hyun called out to Ji-Yong.

 

“Yah! Stop right there, pretty boy! You are not walking away from us!” He glanced down the stairwell to see if Ji had stopped, he had not.

 

“Kwon Ji-Yong, dammit do not take another step if you value the vows you made to the both of us!” Ji hesitated, causing him to miss a step and nearly fall, but he continued down to the lowest level of the YG building.

 

“Where the hell is he going? I thought he would make a break for his car!” I gasped out.

 

“I have no idea, but I am going to kill the bastard when I catch him!” Seung-Hyun growled.

 

“Seung-Hyun, this isn't him...this isn't him at all...I don't think we should get really angry until we find out what is going on.” I tried to diffuse his temper with logic.

 

“Fine, but he WILL answer for his actions!” He ground out.

 

“Let's just keep our heads, since it is obvious he doesn't have his.” I cautioned.

 

“Fine.”

 

We made it to the basement floor, where the extra practice rooms are located. We paused in the hallway not sure where Ji had gone, then we heard his voice let out an angry yell. No words, just a scream of frustration.

 

We both ran toward the room, Seung-Hyun threw open the door and froze causing me to run into his back.

 

“Surprise!!!!!! Happy Birthday Seung-Hyun-ssi!!!!!!” Everyone we knew screamed in unison. The entire room had been transformed. There were green potted plants strung with twinkle lights lining the room, more lights were strung across the ceiling giving the feeling of stars. There were beautifully decorated tables full of food and gifts. It was stunning, and baffling.

 

“What the ?” That was it. All Seung-Hyun could manage. “What the !?”

 

“Ohhhh, my...” Was all I said.

 

Ji came forward grinning his gummy, toothy beautiful grin, but it faded as he really looked at us.

 

He held is hands out in front of him, “Don't be mad, don't be mad...I didn't think it through...I just knew I had to get you both down here without you being suspicious!!! I didn't know what to do.” His grin had twisted into a grimace, and he looked truly pained. “Dear One, when you told me to stop if my vows meant anything, I didn't know what to do...but momentum carried me forward and I just followed my feet. I was committed at that point...please baby, don't be mad.” The room had gone silent as Ji-Yong pleaded with Seung-Hyun. Midway through his apology Seung-Hyun had squeezed my hand which he still held, several times, letting me know that he was okay...but he didn't stop Ji nor change his expression.

 

Ji came forward another three steps, he was now directly in front of Seung-Hyun within arms reach.

 

“That whole thing was to get me to a party?” He asked coldly.

 

“Yes.” Ji said pathetically then hung his head.

 

“That may have been the worst idea ever. It also may have been...the best freaking acting performance of the century!!!!!!” Seung-Hyun dropped my hand and grabbed Ji-Yong to hug Ji to his body.

 

It was now Ji's turn to be shocked. He looked at me over our Dear One's shoulder in shock, before breaking into his radiant smile and clinging to Seung-Hyun.

 

Everyone cheered, and laughed relieved.

 

“If you ever do that again I will kill you. Even acting, I never want to hear you yelling like that at our Little One, or me...deal, my love?”

 

Ji nodded, “Ne, majayo! I just wanted to surprise you for once!” Ji explained pulling back a little. “You ALWAYS find out about my parties so I was ultra secret this time...I didn't even tell Little One!” He turned to me and some other people came to congratulate the birthday boy.

 

“Little One, I am so sorry for scaring you. The look on your face up in the studio broke my heart!” He hugged me, kissing my temple.

 

“Forgiven for that, just never do it again!” I said completely overwhelmed with so many battling emotions. “NOT forgiven for not telling me about the party!!!” I stepped away from him, “I can keep a secret!!!”

 

“Oh babe! Not from Seung-Hyun, you can't!” Ji told me, and before I could protest continued, “Remember Christmas last year? And what about the new BearBrick? What about weekend away?”

 

“Yah, that last one was not my fault! He was supposed to have schedule, not come home to find me packing all our things for a short vacation!!!!”

 

“Alright, you are right...about that one.”

 

Seung-Hyun came back over to us, and Ji grabbed each of our hands in his, he looked at us intently, “Are you really okay? You know my vows me the world to me, right? I am so sorry I did those things, and I will never do that again.”

 

Seung-Hyun smiled and leaned his head against Ji's, “We are good, and thank you for the party...I love it and I love you!” He pulled me to them and they wrapped their arms around me as well. “We are good.” He paused to look at me and I nodded enthusiastically.

 

He let us both go and faced the crowd, “Now let's eat cake!” He bellowed. “Oh!” His eyes lit up as he spied the present table, “And presents!!! Food, first them gifts!!!”

 

He spun around in place and exclaimed, “Aaaahhhh, I love my birthday!”

 

We all laughed at his antics, and I marveled at how I had married a very large child.

 

Ji was being his usually social butterfly self, flitting from one group to another making sure all were having a good time. Seung-Hyun was attacking the buffet table with gusto, surrounded by friends and loved ones. And I...I stood by the wall watching it all unfold in front of me.

 

“Hey, there...is this a private party or can anyone join?” I was startled by the voice coming from right next to me, but relaxed quickly as I realized who it was.

 

“You are always welcomed Dong Young-Bae.” I smiled at him, and he studied my face for a moment before turning to take in the room and it's occupants.

 

“Still feeling a bit out of place in this crowd?” He asked quietly.

 

“Erm.” I confirmed with a nod.

 

He gave a chuckle at my very Korean answer, “Even after all this time?”

 

“Yes. I have never been good at social functions...I just...small groups, those I know really well...I am great with that stuff. But put me in a room full of people I don't have a true and fast relationship with and I get all weird.”

 

“Everyone in this room is privy to your marriage situation, they are all trustworthy and love you guys. The only difference is that many of them are primarily Ji and Hyung's friends...from before they knew you.” Bae voiced.

 

“Yeah. I always feel like they are judging me. They all always look put together...wearing the right styles, shoes, bags. They all know how and what to drink...they know and can get into the best clubs. They are the cool kids...and I have never been at ease with the cool kids.”

 

“Sinhae-nuna, you are one of the cool kids!” He told me gently. “You wear the right styles, you have the most beautiful bags, you know what NOT to drink!” He smiled knowingly, “and you can get into the best clubs in Seoul too!”

 

I smiled sadly at him. “I wear what my husbands buy me. I carry the bags they buy for me too. I have learned the hard way I can't drink. As far as the clubs go? No, Bae...I can't get into those clubs.”

 

Bae looked scandalized, “Yes you can! There isn't a club out there that wouldn't let you in!”

 

I scoffed, “The only reason I am ushered into clubs is because I am with BIGBANG, or G-Dragon, or T.O.P...I myself cannot get into those clubs. It is just the way it is...I am okay with that, truly I am...I just wish I could fit in and feel more at ease in their world.”

 

Bae turned me and put his hands on my shoulders, looking me directly in the eye. “Sinhae, you do not have to try and fit into 'their world' I know this for a fact because you are their world. Have you ever had any of Nu Thang over one at a time?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“You should. Get to know them as people...not just a group. I think you will surprised at how amazing they all are...I know I was.” Bae slung a arm around my shoulders and pulled me with him heading to the food table. “Let's get something to eat and go sit with that group of dancers over there, okay?”

 

I smiled and boldly put my arm around his waist. “Deal.”

 

We were almost to the buffet table when Seung-Hyun's voice filled the room, “Yah, Dongsaeng! Get your hands off my wife!!!! Go find your own girl!”

 

I laughed and tightened my grip on his waist, “Who says he is the one who started it?” I challenged, wiggling my eyebrows up and down at my husband.

 

Sudden from behind us a body was pushing it's way between us. Forcing my arm away from Bae and his arm from my shoulders. The body weaseled it's way through and a head popped up with a gummy grin, “Don't worry, Dear One...I got this!” Ji announced smugly.

 

“Oh, you do?” Bae asked with a mischievous glint in his eye. He reached across himself to grab Ji's arm and bring over his head to rest on Bae's shoulders while Bae wrapped his own arm around Ji's waist. “Looks like I still have my hands on the birthday boy's spouse!” He leaned into Ji and rested his head on Ji's shoulder.

 

Using the worst female aegeyo voice I have ever heard he loudly began, “Oppa, I just love you so much! Oppa, let me touch your hair! Oppa, look only at me!”

 

Everyone was laughing at Bae's antics, and I felt a sudden surge of confidence.

 

“Yah, my Heart, you finally have someone who will call you Oppa!!! You really should take advantage while you can!” Seung-Hyun had been taking a drink and when he heard my words he sprayed champagne out over those nearby, and well as had it coming from his nose.

 

One of the Nu Thang crew, that I didn't know his name, laughed and declared, “Oh, Sinhae-ssi is the best! I have never seen Hyung waste good champagne like that!!! PLEASE tell me someone got that on video!”

 

“Yah! It's my birthday you can't make embarrassing videos of me!”

 

“Why not!” Someone call out.

 

“Because it's my birthday, and I am the Birthday Boy, which means you all have to do what I say.”

 

This met with a lot of objections.

 

Ji turned to me, as we were no longer the focus of attention, leaned down kissed my head and said, “Well done, my Little One. I am sorry.”

 

I looked up at him confused, but he turned his head to Young-Bae, who was still attached to us, and said, “Thank you Bae.”

 

Young-Bae smiled at him, “No thanks needed. We are family, we take care of our own.”

 

Ji grinned and moved suddenly to kiss Bae's cheek, causing Bae to yell and let go of him. “Yah! Knock it off or I am going to charge you with ual harassment!!!”

 

“No you won't....you know you loved it!” Ji turned back to me. “I know this isn't your favorite kind of event--”

 

“It's fine.” I cut him off waving in Seung-Hyun's direction, “He is having a blast and that is what matters. I love you for putting this all together...even if you didn't tell me about it.”

 

Ji looked at me for several moments. “Thanks, I worked hard! It was sooo much fun! You guys had no clue!!!” He giggled before hugging me in glee. He held me in his arms as we both watched our Dear One talking animatedly with friends as he enjoyed both the wine and the food in front of him.

 

I turned and kissed Ji's chest, directly over his heart. “You are a good man, Kwon Ji-Yong. What gift did you give him from us?”

 

Ji leaned back as smiled excitedly, his eyes gleaming with mirth. “I out did myself!”

 

I laughed at him, “So...what did we give him?”

 

Ji leaned down close to my ear, “The bags are in the car. After this party we leave for Jejudo for three..well really two and a half days of bliss!” He looked at my face and giggled, “And before you ask, yes I had SuLi come over and pack with me so you wouldn't be without anything!”

 

I stood on tip-toe and placed a quick kiss on my husband. “I love you!!!!” I squealed.

 

He released me and took my hand, dragging me forward towards the food.

 

“I used the same service to cater as we had at the wedding. Same people, so they are all vetted and have signed gag agreements, and the food is divine!” We made our way down the food table with me holding a plate and the both of us placing food on it, Ji's arm around my waist the entire time.

 

It made me feel secure. As if Ji was stating for all to see, “She is mine and I love her.”

 

It may sound corny but so rarely does a situation come along that we are able to be like this, that it means the world to me when it does happen. We turned away from the food table and I hesitated, unsure of where to go sit. Would Jiyong-a expect me to go over to NuThang? Would the stylist nunas expect me to sit with them? Seung-Hyun was surrounded by people, no seat open near him. I sighed to myself and began to turn to the empty tables off to the side. Ji stopped me by tightening his arm around me.

 

He again leaned in close to no one but me could hear, “Babe, if that is where you truly want to go I will go with you, but if you are going simply because you don't know where else to go, I ask that you trust me on this.”

 

I gave a quick nod. “I'll follow you.” I told him, relieved not to have to make this choice.

 

“You amaze me. You don't bat an eyelash when dealing with President Yang, but put you with a group your own age and you are suddenly adrift with doubt.” I smiled and he kissed my temple.

 

In the amount of time it took to have this brief discussion Seung-Hyun had taken notice of us, and as Ji kissed my temple, he called out to us. “Oh, my beautiful wives! Come over here and sit with your man!” He smirked at us before turning to those around him, “Make some room, I want to eat dinner with my spouses at my birthday celebration! I love you all but the rule is that if the three of us are actually all in the same city we eat dinner together no matter what.” As he explained people were busy rearranging themselves to make spaces on either side of the birthday boy.

 

Ji steered me over to them. I was a bit hesitant about choosing a seat...I would have Seung-Hyun on one side but a stranger on the other, as I did not know either of the people sitting looking at me expectantly. Seung-Hyun-a saw my dilemma and made my decision for me.

 

“Little One, come sit here!” He motioned to the seat on his right. “I don't think I have ever introduced you to my study buddy from high school.” He gestured to the man sitting to my right and continued, “This is James Jung. He was born in the States, came over to Seoul for High School but ended up going to university in the States before coming back here.”

 

I set my food down turned to James and spoke in English, “Where in the States were you born?”

 

“I was born in Colorado, in a suburb of Denver.” He replied shaking my hand.

 

“No way! I was born in Denver, in Rose Memorial hospital.”

 

“I had my appendix out in that hospital!” He declared.

 

“I only spent a few hours there before I was transferred to the Children's Hospital for intensive care.”

 

“Oh, what was wrong?”

 

“My lungs both collapsed and they had to monitor me for a couple weeks before I got to go home. But what suburb were you born in?”

 

“Littleton, out in Jefferson County.”

 

I just stared at him in shock.

 

“What?” He asked, looking slightly worried, “What did I say?”

 

Seung-Hyun who had been watching our exchange chuckled. “James man, I love you. You have reduced my wife to silence...that is not an easy feat!”

 

“I went to Shaffer Elementary...I would have gone to Deer Creek Junior High, and would have gone to Chatfield High.”

 

“No ?! I went to Deer Creek before we left and come here! We so could have known each other!”

 

“Please don't tell me you lived in Ken Carl Ranch!” I pleaded, wrinkling my nose in distaste.

 

“Oh, my no! WAY to stuff and uppity for my father's taste. We built out near Chatefield Reservoir. Lots of empty land around us for me to explore and enjoy.”

 

“Same here! We had a stream running through our property that eventually drained into the reservoir! We use to go tubing down it in the summer!” I laughed and we continued to talk about our shared knowledge and experiences on Colorado, from the Broncos to the winters and skiing. Seung-Hyun reached out and slid his leg behind mine, hooking his foot around mine. I moved slightly to lean against his side as I continued chatting with James, until Chaerin came over and sat down with us joining our convo.

 

All conversation came to a halt when JiYong stood up and asked for everyone's attention.

 

“As you all know, we are here to celebrate a man we all know and love. Choi Seung-Hyun.” He turned to our Dear One, “You have known me longer than anyone in this room, and I cannot imagine my life without you in it. I love you, and am so grateful for all you are and all you give to Little One and I. I hope that you know--” He faltered getting emotional, and I stood without thought.

 

“We hope you know how much you change those around you for the good, and what much of a blessing you are to all of us in this room. We tease you that you are an alien, or an over grown child...but those qualities are what make you who you are and I think...no, I know that none of us would change a thing! You are our Dear One, and we love you so very much.” I lifted my glass of champagne, “To Seung-Hyun!”

 

We toasted and Seung-Hyun stood and wrapped an arm around each of us. “Thank you both, and thank everyone who came tonight...now what do you all say we move on to the presents??!?!?!!?”

 

The rest of the night I stayed by Seung-Hyun's side and actually enjoyed myself. Ji continued to be his

socially radiant self, and a good time was had by all who attended.

 

After the last of the guests left, we gathered up the presents and prepared to load them up in the van. I volunteered to make the several trips to the van while Seung-Hyun and Ji-Yong went upstairs and gathered their things and mine as well.

 

I had just put the last of the gifts in when arms slipped around my waist. I stiffened, not recognizing the feel of the arms.

 

I tried to turn to see who was touching me when I heard a raspy voice, “Don't turn around. Just let me enjoy this.” I felt something sharp against my stomach. I looked down to see a rather large knife pressing into my sweater. I froze, my mind racing, trying to figure out what to do.

 

“W-What do you want?” I stuttered out.

 

“I want to touch you. I want to hold you. No one truly appreciates you here. You work so hard but I never see anyone caring for you.” He shifted his grip pulling me back against his body and I shuddered in fear.

 

“For three years I have watched you come and go. You are friends with everyone, but everyone I ask tells me that you have no one to love you. I can't take it any more...I just can't let you go unloved.”

 

I felt him kiss the side of my head and I struggled to get away from him. The thought of his lips on any part of my made me feel nauseous.

 

It was a mistake.

 

“Dammit, don't do that!” He growled angrily. He brought the knife up to my throat pressing it hard enough that I felt a trickle of blood and again froze.

 

“I know this isn't how I wanted this to go. I-I-I didn't want to scare you...I wanted to—but you are never alone!!! How am I supposed to approach you when you are never alone!?? Why do you do that?? You are always in motion and surrounded by people, you deliberately did that didn't you???” He continued, working himself up, and the knife moved slightly across the skin of my throat. As I felt several more drips of blood flow slowly down my neck I began crying.

 

“Please! I am sorry! I-I didn't know! Truthfully! I never had any idea you wanted to talk to me!” I tried desperately not to lose it and start sobbing. The terror that I would never see my spouses...or even worse that they would come out and find me in a pool of blood...I didn't want that to be their last picture of me. “Please, let's just talk...wh-what is your name?”

 

“My name?” He jerked slightly in surprise at the question and I gasped. His jerk had caused the knife to dig a bit deeper and the pain just served to bring more tears to my eyes.

 

“Yes, what is your name. If we are to have a conversation it would be helpful to know your name.” I tried to get him talking, hoping he would calm down, and let me go.

 

“My name...you want to know my name.” He uttered, sound shell shocked.

 

“Yes. Please.” I said gently.

 

“My name is Sun-Min. Jung Sun-Min.”

 

“Well Jung Sun-Min I am Sinhae Langston, it is nice to meet you.” How I could say those words without choking on them remains a mystery to me.

 

“N-Nice to meet you too.” The knife stayed at my throat but his arm around my waist relaxed a tiny little bit.

 

“What do you do?” I asked carefully.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked confused.

 

“I mean what do you do for a living?”

 

“I am a security guard, here at YG. I am the one in the front security booth at the entrance to the parking lot.” He told me sounding slightly hurt that I didn't know that.

 

“Oh! You are the man who always smiles and waves, aren't you?!?!” I exclaimed recognizing his voice now.

 

“Ne, majayo.” I could hear in his voice that he was smiling, and the knife at my throat slacked so it was barely touching my skin.

 

“I have often thought how nice it is that I always see a smiling face when I come to work. No matter what my own mood is I know that you will be there ready with a smile and wave.” I continued trying to placate Jung Sun-Min.

 

“Really? You noticed me?” He sounded awed by the thought.

 

“Of course, we all notice you.”

 

“What? Who?”

 

“My co-workers and I. Even G-Dragon and Tae-Yang have commented on your dependability. You touch more people than you can imagine.” This wasn't a lie...Ji and Bae had commented on how the guard was always smiling and if it weren't for them pointing it out I would probably not have noticed. But since they had mentioned it I had continued to take note of how happy he was when greeting all the vehicles coming and going from YG.

 

“Really? They notice me?” He cleared his throat and the arm with the knife came down to rest on my shoulder, the blade completely off my skin. “I thought I was invisible, just like you. Always there but not loved.” He sighed and his arm around my waist relaxed.

 

Summoning up all my self defense training I took a chance and used S.I.N.G. I jammed my elbow into his Solar-plexus as I simultaneously bit the hand holding the knife. He dropped it and grunted in pain, but I was not done. I slammed my foot down on his Instep as hard as I could, followed immediately by throwing my head back as hard as I could into his Nose, before slamming my fist back into his Groin. As I had hoped by the end of my assault he had let me go completely and I ran for the door of YG.

 

I cursed as I had to wait for the fingerprint to register, praying he would not recover before the door opened.

 

The doors opened and as soon as I could fit through them I slid past them and launched myself up the steps, not daring to look back. I ran for all I was worth up three flights of stairs. I was screaming my head off for someone to help me, but I knew that nearly everyone had left after the party for my Dear One. I just ran, the only thought in my head was to get to my husbands, they would protect me. I ran, I swear the staircase seemed to grow as I focused on getting to the third floor. As I made it up I didn't pause nor let up as I threw myself around the corner and barreled down the hallway toward Ji's studio. Before I was even halfway there both my guys were there running towards me, their faces showing fear and confusion. I realized I was still yelling.

 

“Babe, what is wrong?” Ji asked looking past me trying to see what was wrong.

 

“Oh, my god! Blood, her neck is bleeding!” Seung-Hyun yelled at Ji. They reached me and I threw myself into their arms crying and gasping.

 

“Who did this?” Seung-Hyun asked, voice hard and angry.

 

“Jung Sun-Min, the happy guard!!!” I gasped out. I was trying to pull them toward the studio...I felt too exposed in the hallway. “Please, let's go to the studio, we can lock the door...please, please!” I whimpered and they ushered me urgently to the studio and locked the door behind us.

 

Ji-Yong let go of me pushing me into Seung-Hyun's arms, “Stop the bleeding.” He said shortly, before moving over to the phone.

 

“Yang-hyung? Sinhae was just assaulted by Jung Sun-Min, the happy guard, her neck is bleeding and she is sobbing. Please locate the bastard on your cameras while I call the police. WHAT?!!? What do you mean I shouldn't call the police? What? So they have him? You saw what was going on and called the main security? Okay...hmmm...mmm...okay. Yes, okay. We will stay in the studio, yes I understand. Thank you.”

 

As Ji was talking Seung-Hyun had forced me to sit on the couch beside him and had pried my head back to see could see my neck. He had taken his scarf off and had wiped the blood off to look at the cut.

 

“How bad is it?” Ji asked as he joined us on the couch.

 

“Not too bad. It isn't very deep it is just bleeding a lot.” He pressed the scarf against my neck as he slip his arm around my shoulders and pulled me against his side. I nestled into him still breathing hard, and the tears still flowing. “I am more worried about shock, she is shaking pretty badly.”

 

Ji-Yong took his jacket off and with Seung-Hyun's help put is around me tightly. I burrowed down into it, inhaling his scent and trying to calm down. I tried to slow my breathing and my crying but it only seemed to get stronger.

 

Seung-Hyun pressed me against him again whispering to me that I was safe now. Ji got down on the floor on his knees took my hands in his, rubbing them to warm them.

 

“Look at me.” Ji-Yong commanded me.

 

I looked at him and saw his coffee colored eyes shining back at me. “Look at me, just look at me. I am going to breath with you. Let's begin, take a big breath in.” He inhaled in front of me, I did too but released it quickly.

 

“Again, inhale....” He did it again and I followed, keeping it in a fraction of a second longer this time.

 

“Again...Again...” And so it went until I was breathing pretty normally.

 

Just as I was regaining my breath there was a knock at the door and I gasped, looking at the door wildly, shaking. Seung-Hyun tightened his arm around me, as Ji said, “That should be Dr. Lee. Hyun-Suk-Hyung called him. He saw what was going on with you on one of his CCTVs, he called security and they were about to approach you guys when you and I quote 'Let loose some damn amazing skills and slaughtered the bastard.' You have always been Yang's favorite but now you have his respect too! He was taken into custody right as you made it into the building. He said they called after you but you were not in a state to hear them. I am going to go look to make sure it is Dr. Lee and then let him in now, okay?”

 

I nodded, and he got up.

 

Ji-Yong opened the door a crack and Dr. Lee's hand came and gripped his shoulder, “Where is she? Is she okay?” Ji opened the door the whole way and ushered a rather harried looking Dr. Lee inside the room. He stood with his travel medical bag and scanned the room. He saw me and his face softened.

 

“Sinhae-a...thank goodness.” His shoulders relaxed, and he came over to sit on the other side of me.

 

“Seung-Hyun, let go of the scarf now...let me see what we have here.” He examined the wound, cleaned and sterilized it before getting some gauze pads out and fashioning a bandage for me. After securing the bandage he leaned away from me and looked at my eyes. He brought a hand up to my cheek. “Oh, my child...my heart can't take this! Who knew that at this old age I'd be granted a daughter...and one born in America to boot!”

 

I smiled weakly.

 

“You will be just fine physically. I do not think there will even be a long lasting scar. I will bring by some ointment to rub on it once it is healed to help make sure there will be no scar.” He paused and just looked at me. “Are you truly okay?”

 

I leaned into Seung-Hyun and nodded, “Yes. I knew I would be okay as long as I was able to get to Seung-Hyun-a and Ji-Yong-a...I knew I would be safe.”

 

Seung-Hyun's breath hitched and he brought his other arm across me to hugged me fully, and he pressed his forehead to mine. “Always.”

 

Dr. Lee stood moved back a few feet and told Ji-Yong-a, “I think you are needed over here.”

 

Ji looked away from his conversation with Hyun-Suk, whom I hadn't even noticed had come in.

 

He came over to us. “Dear One let her go for a moment.”

 

Seung-Hyun looked puzzled but did as Ji asked. Ji then helped me stand up, before sitting down right up against Seung-Hyun. He then pulled me to sit on them in the middle. I leaned my head back to where their shoulders met and shut my eyes. I felt both their heads lean against mine and I finally felt truly calm.

 

I listened to Dr. Lee fill CEO Yang in on my injury, simply enjoying being surrounded by my guys.

 

Yang then told Dr. Lee that the police would be taking Jung Sun-Min into custody as soon as they arrived. He had called two detectives he knew so there would not be a big scene with lights and sirens.

 

My head shot up at that, “He doesn't need jail, he needs help!”

 

Yang stared at me with a contemplating look.

 

“I don't think he really wanted to hurt me...he just thought I was not loved, and that it wasn't fair that I did so much for those around me without being given any recognition...I think he was projecting what he felt onto me. He is devoid of any love and compassion from others. He needs help.” I stated again with determination.

 

“Little One...” Seung-Hyun began then paused to take a deep breath, “Little One, he held a knife to your throat. He CUT you with that knife! Who knows what he would have done if-” He stopped and swallowed his anger, trying hard not to lose control.

 

I shifted towards him, “I know. I know that he would not have hurt me seriously.”

 

“He made your neck bleed! Is that not serious enough!” Ji exclaimed, doing and even worse job at not losing control.

 

“I know, I know! What he did was bad, but I know why he did it. He was trying to help me in his own sick way...just as he was trying to help himself. Yes, what just happened scared the out of me, and I never ever ever want that to happen again...but if we just shove him in a cell without addressing the reason why he did it, it will just continue the cycle. If we show him the compassion no one else has and get him the help he needs...then maybe we can guarantee that this really doesn't ever happen again, not to me, not to anyone!” The tears were back, and I didn't even try to stop them. “Please, he isn't a bad person...think of all the days he stood there smiling, and greeting us like family as we came and left from this building. Did any of us ever stop and ask his name or how he was? Did any one of us tell him thank you? I know I didn't.”

 

I paused and looked at all four men in the room, meeting their eyes in a silent plea. “Please, I want to help him.” I said letting the emotion saturate my tone.

 

CEO Yang looked me in the eye. “This is your choice. You were the one who was harmed, so you are the one who gets to decide his future. I do not like it, it goes against everything I feel as an older-brother protector, and I KNOW it goes against everything the two men who are holding you are feeling...but it is your choice...and I will respect that.”

 

Seung-Hyun made a sound very much like a growl at the back of his throat.

 

“Fine, but we are still filing a report with the police. We will not press charges but we ARE filing a report.” Ji decided aloud and I knew from the tone of voice not to argue with him.

 

“Dear One, please say something.” I dared not look at him, and held my breath waiting for him to reply.

 

“I hate this. I hate that you look for the good in everyone you meet. I hate that that quality is one of the reasons I fell in love with you. I hate that even though you just went thought hell you are the lone voice of reason. I hate that while I am sitting here wanting to rip this bastard limb from limb for touching you let alone hurting you, you are sitting here wanting to help him. What I hate the most, is that you are right! I hate this whole thing!” He finished with a disgusted sigh.

 

I leaned my head more toward his, “Thank you.”

 

I moved my head over to Ji's “Thank you.”

 

I lifted my head to look at CEO Yang. “Thank you, too. I love you guys! Very rarely is doing the right thing easy...but I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who are strong enough to do it anyway.”

 

There was a knock on the door. Yang partially opened it, just enough for him to see the person in the hall.

 

“Sir, the detectives you called are here. Do you want us to bring them here or to your office?” The Head of Security asked.

 

“Bring them here but give us three minutes before you do.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

Yang closed the door and looked over at us.

 

“I hate to bring this up right now but these two guys have never signed confidentiality agreements, so how do you want to handle this?”

 

“I am not letting her go.” Seung-Hyun said at the same time Ji said, “She stays where she is.”

 

Yang smiled and shook his head. “I will meet them in the hall and talk to them...I will feel them out and explain some things. Yeah, don't you guys worry about anything, I will take care of it.” He nodded to himself. “Dr. Lee, you should stay in case they need to ask you about the wound.”

 

Dr. Lee nodded.

 

“Okay, I'm going to go meet them and talk, we should be in in a few minutes.” CEO Yang went to the door.

 

Dr. Lee stood up, “I am going to go use the restroom.”

 

They left together.

 

I let my head fall back on my husbands' shoulders. “I love you both more than anything ever.”

 

They both angled their bodies to hug me better, and I slid down in between them a bit, as a result I was basically encompassed by their bodies.

 

“When the knife went deeper and actually cut, all I thought about were the two of you, and that I wouldn't get to see you again...I was so scared that you guys would be the ones to find me in a pool of blood...and how much I didn't want you to go through that.” I stopped as my throat closed.

 

“Oh, baby!” Ji-Yong-a gasped out burying his face against the side of mine, “I am so sorry you had to go through that!”

 

Seung-Hyun managed to get his arm behind Ji as well and pulled us both towards him. He cupped Ji-Yong's face tenderly before doing the same to mine. “All three of us are getting panic buttons and we will carry them and use them without complaint. And Sinhae-a, you will not go anywhere on your own for at least the next three months. I don't care if you are okay, and that you just proved that you can take care of yourself...it is for us not you...so please don't argue.”

 

“Okay...whatever you need. And I love the panic button idea.”

 

“Wow. You really were scared, if you love a security idea.” Ji said drily.

 

“I was terrified. Then he started talking, and I realized just how lost he was. After that I was still scared but I also knew he wasn't intent on causing me harm. I knew if I could just keep him talking and lull him into a comfortable state of mind I could free myself.”

 

“I think we may have to start calling you Brave One, rather than Little One.” Seung-Hyun-a said turning my head so he could kiss my lips. “You never cease to amaze us.”

 

“You know what worries me?” I asked them both.

 

“Tell us.” Ji spoke.

 

“The two of you. I got out of this situation because I have been trained how to do so...I have been through three different types self defense...I did so because being a female in a big city it is stupid not too. Heck my first class was at college, and that was in a small town. But the two of you have no training, and I know you usually have people and security around you...but for the times you don't, I want you to be able to defend yourself. You never know when a deranged fan is going to try doing something stupid. It isn't just for you, but the fan too. I got out of Sun-Min's grasp without doing him permanent damage or injury. I just would feel so much better if you both had Hwang Ssa-Bu-nim arrange some classed for all the members.”

 

We were quiet for a moment as they both thought about it.

 

“You are right. I will speak to Hwang Ssa-bu-nim and Yang-hyung about this. I will also insist that the girls do something more in depth.”

 

“I have taught them all the basics.” I informed him, and they both looked at me in surprise. “What? Do you really think I would let any female I care about go about with no way to protect themselves? After a work out one day I brought it up...and they were excited. Hwang Ssa-Bu arranged to have me teach the 2NE1 girls and any Crazy dancer who wanted to come, the basics.”

 

“Then can't you do the same for us?” Ji asked.

 

“Ani. Some of the techniques may be the same but teaching the male body how to protect and defend is very different than the female body. That is why the majority of self defense classes are not co-ed.”

 

“Erm...” Ji hummed, thinking. “So we need to find another instructor.” He said thinking aloud.

 

“Ssa-Bu-nim knows some people, just ask him.” I let him know.

 

“Ne. We will do this for you, and you will not complain for the next three months that you don't go alone...deal?”

 

I laughed, “You would do it even if I said no to this deal! I know you! I see it in your eyes, you are in Leader Kwon mode! You can't NOT do something that is for the betterment of your members!”

 

Seung-Hyun-a chuckled, “She's right you know, your eyes completely change when you go into Leader mode.”

 

“Yah! Just remember you agreed to three months, that is all I am saying.” Ji-Yong-a pouted.

 

Just then there was a knock at the door, followed by Yang Hyun-Suk poking his head in.

 

“Are you all ready for the detectives?” I nodded and the boys did the same after seeing me do so.

 

Yang opened the door wide and ushered two thirty-something men into the room, Dr. Lee came in with them. They bowed as they entered, and before I could move or say a word Seung-Hyun spoke.

 

“Forgive us for not standing to greet you but I am having a little problem with any sort of separation right now, I hope you understand.”

 

“It's is fine, trust us, it isn't the first time. Please feel at ease. I am Detective Kim Woo-Jin, and this is my partner Kang Dong-Hyun.”

 

“I am Choi Seung-Hyun, over there is my husband Kwon Ji-Yong and between us here is our wife Sinhae Langston.”

 

Ji and I both gasped at our Dear One's boldness, we stared at him as if he had lost his freaking mind. He ignored us as he kept eye contact with Detective Kim.

 

“It is a pleasure to meet you all. I am sorry that it is under these circumstances.”

 

Seung-Hyun nodded in acknowledgment.

 

“Ne, majayo.”

 

CEO Yang spoke up, “By the way after I explained the circumstances they were both more than willing to sign confidentiality agreements that pertain only to the personal relationship between you three. Which is good, considering my dongsaeng's bluntness tonight.”

 

I felt so relieved to hear that news that I felt tension I didn't realize was there drain out of me.

 

Det. Kang notice this and smiled warmly at me. “As you can see there is nothing to fear from us. Let's get right to it then, shall we? While we hate to make you relive what happened, it is the nasty part of our job to make you do it anyway. If at anytime you need a minute or a break, tell us. We are not here to torture you but to get the facts so all parties can move on. Do you understand all I have told you?”

 

“Yes, I understand.” I nodded.

 

Det. Kim then began. “Can you tell us what happened?”

 

I took a deep breath, “Where do I start? Right when he touch me?”

 

“It would be helpful if you could start before that. Set the scene for us, as it where...tell us what you were doing here at the YG building so late?” Det. Kang gently steered me.

 

“Okay. Well...tomorrow is Dear One's birthday.” I began only to have Det. Kim interrupt me.

 

“Dear One?” He questioned, and I blushed profusely.

 

“Ah, I mean Seung-Hyun-a.” I ducked my head embarrassed.

 

“Okay, so from here on out if you refer to 'Dear One' we should infer that you mean Choi Seung-Hyun-ssi, correct?”

 

“Ne, majayo....and if I talk about My Heart, that would be Kwon Ji-Yong-a.” I said looking at my hands.

 

Det. Kim chuckled, “Okay, I have to ask...what is your nickname?”

 

“Little One.” Both Ji and Dear One said, “Although we are considering changing it to Brave One, after tonight.” Ji-Yong-a continued.

 

“So, we have Dear One, My Heart, and Little One, correct?” He asked as he pointed to each of us as he spoke our nicknames.

 

We all nodded, and Det. Kang laughed, “It's so sweet it is almost sickening! Oh! Forgive me, my mouth got away from me!” He looked shocked he had said it aloud.

 

“Nothing to forgive, you aren't the first to say so.” I said smiling. I had no real experience with Korean cops before this, and I had to say I was very impressed thus far.

 

“Okay so tomorrow is Seung-Hyun-ssi's birthday?”

 

Again we all nodded.

 

“Well, happy birthday!” He said smiling at Dear One.

 

“Thank you.” he replied.

 

“So, please Sinhae-ssi, continue.”

 

“Tomorrow is Dear One's birthday, and Ji surprised us both by throwing him a surprise party tonight. All out friends were there, it was truly wonderful. After everyone finally left, I offered to take the presents out to the van while they two of them came up and got their stuff, and mine as well.”

 

“Your stuff?” Det. Kang asked.

 

“Yes, I am an English teacher, translator, and proof-reader here at YG. I have an office on the third floor, so they were going to get my stuff and theirs then come down to the van.”

 

“And what time was that about?” Det. Kim asked.

 

“Ummm...I don't know...what time did the party end?” I asked either one of my boys.

 

They looked at each other trying to remember. Suddenly, Ji jerked and exclaimed, “Oh, hold on I can tell you. When I came back up to the studio I saved the track I had been working on earlier!” He disengaged himself from the two of us and hopped up off the couch bounding over to the sound board and computer.

 

A few clicks later, “It was 1:01 a.m.”

 

“What?!” I looked around, “What time is it right now?”

 

CEO Yang answered me, “It is 2:23 a.m.”

 

“Crap, how did that happen?” I wondered aloud. “OH!”

 

I turned to Seung-Hyun-a turned his head and kissed him soundly. “Happy Birthday bobo complete!!!” I told him brightly as he turned bright red.

 

“Yes, it IS his birthday!” Ji declared delightedly, rushing back towards the couch, then suddenly stopped.

 

“Ummmm...” He turned to the Detectives and Yang, “We have a tradition...the first time we see each other on one another's birthdays we have to give the birthday person a kiss. Soooo, if you are uncomfortable with what I am about to do please avert your eyes for a moment. You have until I get to zero.” He began counting and fairly fast pace.

 

“Five...” He took a step toward Seung-Hyun.

 

“Four...” Another step bringing him to the couch.

 

“Three...” He sat down on Seung-Hyun's lap.

 

“Two...” He wrapped his arms around Dear One's neck.

 

“One...” He bent his head to hover right in front of Seung-Hyun.

 

“Zero.” He kissed Seung-Hyun just as soundly as I had done.

 

“Happy Birthday Bobo delivered! Happy Birthday my love!”

 

“Thank you...now get off my lap...this is suppose to be a police interview!” Seung-Hyun pinched Ji's cheek and pushed him off his lap with a smile.

 

“It's safe now.” Ji announced gaily, as he plopped himself back at my side.

 

Det. Kim turned to CEO Yang, “Are they always like this?” He asked amused.

 

“You have no idea...Birthday traditions, Anniversary of confession traditions, Anniversary of marriage traditions...they are so in love it is hard to take sometimes!” He replied with his signature smirk.

 

“Yah! We aren't bad...we hardly ever partake in public displays of affection. Mostly because we can't without putting Sinhae in potential danger. Not to mention our careers as well.” Ji defended.

 

“Ne, majayo!” Yang soothed.

 

“I am getting the feeling that the way you stated it, is indeed the order of priority for you guys.”

 

“Huh?” Ji asked totally at a lost of what the detective was talking about.

 

“You put harm to Sinhae above harm to your careers.” He elaborated.

 

“Ahhh, yes, you are correct. Our relationship and the three of us who are in it are much more important than any one of our careers, and CEO Yang supports us in that view.”

 

“Nice to know it isn't just all about the money here.” Det. Kang said.

 

“Well, since I am his top money maker he kinda had to go along with it, no matter what.” Ji said smugly.

 

“Yah! You little punk, I can and will still fire you if I feel the need.” Yang shot at him.

 

“Ne, President Yang. I understand. You are right of course!” Ji said using formal language.

 

“Oh, shut up and let's get back to this interview!” Yang snapped.

 

“Okay, let's try and stay on point from here on out, if we could.” Det. Kang requested.

 

“Yes. Okay so around 1a.m. I began loading the presents into the van. I made four trips, it was on the fourth and final trip...I had just put the final bags into the van when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I knew it wasn't either of my loves so I tensed up.”

 

“How did you know it wasn't either of your spouses?” Det. Kang inquired, taking notes.

 

“Are you married?” I asked him in return.

 

“No.”

 

“Are you Det. Kim?”

 

“Yes, I know what you are talking about, but we still need you to verbalize it, for the record.” He told me.

 

“When you have lived with someone for so long you know their...their 'feel' or 'presence.' It isn't something I can easily explain, but every married couple knows what I am talking about. Hell, any couple who has been together for three or more years knows what I am talking about. When those arms came around me I knew without a shadow of a doubt that they did not belong to one of my loved ones.”

 

“Okay, so what did you do?”

 

“I froze. It is shocking to have a random person embrace you like that, especially here in South Korea, where skinship is such a big deal. I froze and just at the moment I wanted to turn around, he spoke. He told me not to turn around, and something about letting him enjoy the moment. That was when I felt something hard against my stomach. I looked down and saw a big knife...and I froze in fear. I couldn't process what was happening at first...it was like my brain stopped functioning for a bit.” I stopped to think.

 

“I think I asked him what he wanted or something like that...I can't quite remember...”

 

“It is fine, just do your best.” Det. Kim prompted.

 

“It is funny I can't remember what I said but I remember his words...” I shuddered and took a deep breath. Seung-Hyun slid a hand into mine giving it a small squeeze, and Ji pulled my head to rest against him.

 

“He told me he wanted to touch me. He said he had watched me and that no one really appreciates me here. He said that he saw me working and caring for others but that he never saw anyone caring for me and my needs. It was around then that he pulled me back against him, and I wanted to vomit. I was still frozen with a knife to the gut but everything within me wanted to get away from his body.” I swallowed and continued, “He went on about how I was friends with everyone at YG but that when he asked my coworkers if I had a boyfriend they always said no, and that he couldn't let me go unloved any longer.”

 

I felt both of my spouses tense and stiffen at my words but I couldn't stop or I'd break down and not be able to continue.

 

“Then he kissed the side of my head,” As I said it, I again felt the urge to puke and had to swallow it down. “I wanted to puke then and now...” I shuddered and sunk deeper into my boys. “It was this action that finally brought my body back to reality and unfroze it. I tried to struggle to get away from him...it was a mistake.” I swallowed again my words going faster to try to make sure they came out at all. “The knife then went to my neck and I could feel that he had broken skin as a drop of blood rolled down my neck. He yelled at me not to do that...that this wasn't the way he had wanted to approach me...but that it was my own fault because I was always with other people. No matter what time of day I was always with people, and this was the only way he could talk to me. He accused me of doing it on purpose and he was getting worked up now, and the knife slid across my throat a bit and I felt more blood. I apologized, telling him I didn't know he wanted to talk to me...then I started thinking about never seeing my husbands ever again, and thinking about what would happen to them if they were the ones who found laying there bleeding out...” I plowed through my words now barely taking time to breathe.

 

“I asked him to talk, and asked him his name. He seemed shocked that I wanted to know, he kept repeating, 'You want to know my name?' I assured him that I did. I was hoping if I got him talking he would relax and make a mistake. He introduced himself, and I told him is was nice to meet him...I do not know how I was able to say that but I did, and I sounded genuine...maybe I should get into acting...” I laughed and it sounded slightly hysterical even to me.

 

“Do you want a moment?” Det. Kang asked.

 

“No, let's just take a break.” Det. Kim said. “Stand up walk around, get a drink. You are doing a really good job, truthfully Sinhae-ssi. Is there a restroom I could use around here somewhere?” CEO Yang stood up and offered to show him to the restroom.

 

That left Det. Kang, Dr. Lee, and the three of us in the studio.

 

Det. Kang spoke, “It really does help to get up and move around.”

 

I sighed and said, “But I am so happy where I am!” I was still sandwiched in between my husbands, feeling secure in their nearness and love. “But I think I will take your advice anyway.” I put a hand on each of my lovers thighs and pushed myself up.

 

I moved toward the small fridge in the corner asking as I did so, “My Heart are there still any of the Vitamin Waters that I like so well?”

 

I bent to open the fridge just as Ji's eyes got big, “No! Don't open that!!!” He yelled, but it was too late.

 

I had opened the fridge and in front of me was the biggest hairiest spider I had ever seen. I screamed and retreated away form the fridge hastily. Unfortunately, in my haste I caught my foot on the roller of one of the chairs at the sound board. I fell backwards hitting my head on the base of the next chair at the board, with a resounding 'thwack.'

 

“Son of a !” I exclaimed loudly before curling into a ball and holding the back of my head.

 

Dr. Lee was over to me in a flash, as was Dear One, while Ji ran to close the fridge door.

 

“Miane! Oh, Little One. I am so sorry. It was meant to be a prank for the recording tech that is working tomorrow...he is deathly afraid of spiders to I planted a fake one in there!”

 

Dr. Lee was carefully feeling the back of my head despite my protests that he not touch it.

 

He began asking me questions, 'Can you follow my finger, how many fingers...etc...'

 

He announced me okay except for a bump that was forming on the back of my head. “Get some ice for her and she will be okay.” He told Ji-Yong.

 

He turned to me and started laughing, “I have treated you so many times throughout the years for silly accidents like this, but this was the first time I got to see it first hand. You have the worst luck on the planet!” He declared.

 

“No, I don't. It is just I used up my portion of luck when I met and fell in love with those two clowns...so now I just have to deal with the consequences.” I said glumly.

 

“So now this is our faults?” Seung-Hyun asked cocking an eyebrow at me.

 

“Yup.” I told him succinctly.

 

Yang and Det. Kim came in and Yang said, “What is going on we just past Ji-Yongie asking where he could get and ice pack.”

 

He looked a me on the floor and rolled his eyes, “Sometimes I think you are a danger to yourself and should be wrapped in bubble wrap!”

 

“Oh! I am game! Think how much fun it would be to pop all those bubbles!” I retorted.

 

“Aish! Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, nothing an ice pack can't cure...but can someone please get a water for me from the fridge?” I pouted.

 

Det. Kang stood and asked, “What kind did you want?”

 

He retrieved the flavor I requested and Dear One helped me stand and walked me back over to the couch.

 

“Next time, ignore me and stay were you are.” Kang said with a grin of apology.

 

“It isn't your fault, this is just my life.” I told him. “Truthfully, it worked. I am not all tense and wrapped up in the memories and that was the whole point of the break, correct?”

 

Ji-Yong-a came back in with an ice pack, and sat down next to me. He pressed it gingerly to the back of my head, I reached up to take it from him and he batted my hands away.

 

“I can hold this, you just focus on telling the rest of the story.” Ji told me softly.

 

“Thank you, Heart!”

 

“So where was I?” I asked the detectives.

 

“When you started thinking of never seeing these two men again...” Det. Kang supplied.

 

“Ah, yeah. Okay so he told me his name and then I asked what he did. He didn't understand what I meant, so I asked him what he did for a living. He then told me that he worked in the front guard booth here at YG. He sounded hurt that I didn't know that...but I in my defense I had not been allowed to see him so how was I supposed to know! I mean really! Anyway, it was then that it clicked and I asked if he was the one who always smiled and waved. He was surprised and excited that I had noticed him. I assured him that a lot of people noticed his smile and that he cheered many people up without ever knowing it. I told him that Young-Bae and Ji-Yongie had even had a conversation about how he was always smiling and how they appreciated it. Honestly, if they hadn't had that conversation I don't know that I would have ever noticed him at all. It was because of that conversation that I noticed him.” I took a breath thinking about how little things like that had led me to be able to create a rapport with the man and helped me to get away without any real harm. I guess I sat there lost in my own thought too long because Det. Kim cleared his throat and my Dear One put a hand on my thigh and squeezed.

 

“Oh...sorry I was thinking. Anyway...as I told him all this, his grip around my waist loosened considerably, and when I told him that Bae and Ji had noticed him, he actually took the knife away from my neck. I knew this was the best shot I was going to get....” I took a deep breath, “So I decided on using the S.I.N.G. Method and--”

 

“Wait, the what method?” Det. Kang inquired.

 

“Sorry...the S-I-N-G method. In English it stands for Solar-plexus, Instep, Nose, and Groin. I don't know Solar-plexus in Korean...here Ji stand up and let me use you as a model.”

 

He grinned his gummy grin, “I am great at modeling!”

 

“Yes, dear Heart...now stand behind me and put your arms loosely around me. Good.” I adjusted him where I needed him to be.

 

“I like this modeling” he murmured in my ear.

 

“Behave!” I admonished. “Okay, so first is the Solar-plexus” I made the motion of bringing my elbow into Ji's stomach.

 

“Then the Instep” I pretended to slam his foot.

 

“Nose, you use your head, you just fling it back as hard as up can. The perps head will most likely be forward at this point as he is still reacting to the stomach and foot assault. You throw your head back hopefully breaking the nose, or at least making him tear up. And last is the Groin, you just bring your arm back as hard as you can with a fist formed to hit the sensitive groin as hard as you possibly can. Then you run like crazy. Which is what I did. I ran...my only thought was if I could just get to Ji and Seung-Hyun-a I would be okay....they would protect me. I have never cursed technology as much as I did waiting for the fingerprint scanner to let me into the building. As soon as the doors began opening I crammed myself through them. I hit the stairs and ran, screaming for help at the top of my lungs. I don't remember thinking about screaming...it is just what I was trained to do. Some part of me knew that no one was really around anymore especially after the party. But I screamed anyway...” I said shakily, and Ji, whose arms arms were still around me, lead me back to sit on the couch.

 

“I made it to the third floor and turned down the hallway and they met me halfway. I have never in my life been so relieved to see them in my life. They saw my neck, heard me beg to come into the studio and lock the door and they listened. After that it all blurs together for a while...until I remember Ji in front of me breathing with me while Seung-Hyun held me. I was told afterward that Yang Hyun-Suk-nim had seen what was happening on the camera and had alerted the main security and they subdued Jung as soon as I took off.” I paused and looked at them both. “Is there anything else you want to know?”

 

“Did you, at anytime, actually see your attacker?” Det. Kim asked.

 

“I—uh..” My mouth fell open as I realized that I had not. “No.” I said stunned.

 

“So you would not be able to recognize him in a line up or photos?”

 

“Well, yes I would, I know him from the guard booth.”

 

“But you cannot testify that it was that same man, because you never saw him, correct?” Det. Kim continued.

 

“Well, no...but I--”

 

“What the hell are you trying to say here, Det. Kim.” Seung-Hyun asked, anger and resentment clear in the tone.

 

“I do not like where you are going with this.” Said Ji in a deadly cold voice as well.

 

“I am not going anywhere, I am getting the facts.” Det. Kim told them, “You do not have to protect her from me...these are routine questions that I need to ask.”

 

Neither of my husbands relaxed nor softened their glares.

 

“But I could identify his voice.” I said with quiet determination. “I could identify his voice out of ten different voices, and that combined with the video footage and the testimonies from the other security guards...and he should have my teeth marks in his hand too, that should match up!”

 

“Teeth marks? Why does he have teeth marks? You didn't mention anything about this.” Det. Kang spoke now.

 

“Oh! I forgot to tell you, I was so busy showing you S.I.N.G. that I forgot to tell you! At the same time I slammed his stomach, I leaned forward and bit his hand as hard as I possible could. He dropped the knife as I had hoped he would.”

 

“As you hoped he would...” Det. Kim sat back and took a long measured look at me.

 

“You should see it on the video feed...it was like a scene from a movie. She totally owned him. Put him down on the ground in like 20 seconds. Now that it is over and she is safe I can say that I think it may be one of my proudest moments of our dear Sinhae-a!” Yang said with a chuckle.

 

“We intend to see it.” Det. Kim told him.

 

“We could do that now.” Yang continued.

 

Both detective stood and bowed in our direction.

 

“It was a pleasure meeting you all, and if we have any other questions we will be in touch.” Det. Kang told us.

 

“What are you talking about? We aren't going anywhere.” Yang stood and went over to the computer. He sat down ad after a few seconds the tv screen above the recording booth lit up.

 

“Just a moment and I will bring it up.” He typed and clicked a few times before freezing, his hand posed over the keyboard unmoving. He slowly turned to look me in the eyes and asked, “Sinhae-a, is this okay? Are you okay seeing this or should we go elsewhere? I didn't even think of how you would feel before I said we would watch it here.”

 

I was relieved he had asked. “Is there sound?” I hated the waiver in my voice, I hated that I was scared to hear his voice again.

 

“That depends on you. Do you want there to be sound?” He said slowly.

 

I shook my head adamantly. “No, please. I don't want to hear his voice again right now.”

 

“Then I will mute the sound. I can give a copy to the detectives to take with them as evidence and they can watch it later with sound, right?” He looked as Kim and Kang, who both nodded.

 

“We are good with that. We certainly do not want to make you do something that will inflict more pain. You have been through too much today as it is.” Det. Kim sympathized.

 

“Thanks. I-I think I want to watch it...and if I change my mind I can just close my eyes.”

 

CEO Yang nodded and turned back to the computer, soon enough an image a van parked in front of the main doors appeared, and soon after an image of me bringing bags to the van also appeared.

 

Ji-Yong-a pulled me onto his lap, my back to Seung-Hyun, who scooted up closer to put and arm around Ji's shoulders and the other around me. We all sat in silence watching the television screen, and the images play out as I had told them. When the knife moved to my throat, I felt a flash of panic rise within me. Ji sensed it and pulled my head away from the screen and into his neck.

 

I snuggled closer into him and heard him whispering in my ear, “Breathe, in..two, three, four, five. Out..two, three, four, five.”

 

I nodded into his neck and continued to count the seconds as I inhaled and exhaled. We both jumped, startled, when the other five people in the room exclaimed loudly.

 

“Holy !” I think it was from Det. Kang.

 

“That was amazing!” Dr. Lee yelped.

 

“That's my girl!” Yang crowed.

 

“Good grief I sleep with a ninja!” Our Dear One marveled.

 

Ji looked up and asked, “What did I miss?”

 

“Let me rewind it, and Sinhae-a, I really think you need to see this.” Yang told us.

 

I lifted my head to meet the concerned coffee brown ones in front of me. “You don't have to watch it.” Ji told me softly, and Seung-Hyun-a rubbed my side were his hand rested.

 

“I trust Yang Hyun-Suk.” I told him. “I can do this.”

 

I turned back to look at the screen as Yang announced, “Okay here we go!”

 

He clicked play and on screen I saw Jung drop his arm to my shoulder and then in a flurry of precise movement I totally disarmed and incapacitated him. I made it look easy. Then as I ran into the building, security swarmed up and took control of the situation.

 

“Holy !” Ji said in awe.

 

“That is what I said!” Det. Kang said, looking at me with new found respect.

 

“All those hours of training and years of classes paid off.” I told them matter-of-factly. I turned away from the screen and snuggled back into Jiyong-a's neck, and sighed tiredly. Now that all the adrenaline had drained from my body I was overwhelmingly spent. I allowed myself to relax fully resting against Ji's chest and surrounded by both their arms. My last thought before sleep overtook me was that my Heart's legs were going to go numb if we stayed like this very long.

 

 

 

(Comments are always welcomed but not expected.)