0.12 - for real

The Bullying King [M]

 

HIDDEN FEELINGS

 

There was just something about the way Minho had taken his hand in his - their fingers intertwined and locked gently into each other's empty spaces. There was just something about the way Minho had squeezed his hand lightly as if telling him to trust his decision:

"Key.. from now on, he's gonna be with us"

It wasn't really hard to understand those words. They were simple and clearly stated but somehow, Taemin found his gaze averting directly towards Minho in surprise. What the hell is he saying?? Afterall, Taemin didn't want Minho's friends - he wanted him. And just then he had the urge to protest - to clear things out and to tell Key that he didn't ask for any of this. Not that he wanted to explain, he just didn't want the person he hated - who hated him back - to assume, because that would be his weakness.

He was just about to speak for himself in defense when Minho stared at him right in the eyes, "I want you to be with us."

Taemin wondered what just happened. What he just felt. It was as if there was something that poked his heart mildly and had him lured for a moment - he couldn't take his eyes off the man. And it wasn't just that, he also felt such sincerity he had always craved for ever since he was a kid. Why? He wondered. Why was it so hard for his father to give when this man beside him could say it without requiring too much of an effort??

Why was it so easy for Choi Minho?

He found himself stirred for a moment unsure of what to say, how to respond. Should he say 'yes' ? Should he reject his offer? The second option was for the best anyway. If he did so, would something change? he'd be gone back to his 'friends' and live his life as how he usually did- make fun of weaker ones so that he wouldn't have to feel that he was as well. He thought that maybe, by doing it, it could mask the fragile him. But then again, Taemin asked himself, why not? he didn't asnwer him back. And Minho realized his words had rendered Taemin speechless. He took it instead as something positive and smiled sheepishly as he watched how Taemin immediately took his eyes off him, trying to focus on something else.

How cute. Minho thought.

And Key saw it - he saw it all. The gestures, the playful smiles, and everything. How couldn't he? How wouldn't he? When all along, he had his eyes only for one person? He didn't think Choi Minho would mean this much. It was just a simple act of kindness when the other helped him with the books he had clumsily dropped on the floor - He was just being friendly when he flashed him a simple smile as he bid him goodbye. It was all nothing for Minho - but it became everything for Key. Too bad it did. Too bad he hoped. And seeing how things were working between Taemin and Minho, it pained him. No - scratch that. It killed him.

It killed him to see Minho's face flustered and bright as seconds passed by with Taemin's hand in his. For the first time, Key saw the expression Minho had never yet done before or rather, he had never seen.

No. This had to be impossible.

"No way!" he exclaimed, taking back the attention of the two other people in front of him. If what he saw truly matched what he was thinking at that moment, then he must halt it right away. Minho could fall for anyone. Heck it didn't even matter if it wasn't him - but that certainly could not be Lee Taemin. Never.

He launched himself towards them and dragged Minho by his side. The hands that were once linked together are now seperated by Key's aggresive act. He shot Taemin a glare with his feline eyes and with mock in his tone he said, "I can't believe this. Trying to squeeze yourself in us? Why? Don't you have yours? Them is where you belong. Wanna know why? Because you and us are different.." He let go of Minho's arms and made his way closer towards the now scowling bully. With their faces being few inches away from each other, Key continued, "I can also smell something fishy stupid King - you and your soul. it stinks a lot"

With a span of few seconds a fist struck against Key's smooth cheeks. His last words made Taemin lose his patience. Minho immediately barged himself in between the two and held Taemin away from his friend. "What are you doing!?" He said to the younger in disbelief. Specks of blood started dripping down from the corner of the feline's lips - but neverthless it didn't hurt. Why so? He got him. Taemin fell for his trick. A sick grin grimaced his face because of his triumph. Just as he thought. "Did that satisfy you? See Minho, that thing can never be with us - You will only put us all in danger."

Taemin did his best to control his anger. He truly did. Damn if he'd ever show this again to anyone. But Key just pushed him to the limits of the capacity of his tolerance. This guy's just too much and he had had it. Why was he controlling his temper though? It was just Key. He didn't matter to him. Annoyed he said, "What the hell did you just say!?"

"TAEMIN!" Minho shook his shoulders lightly trying to regain him back to his senses. He knew that if this continues - Key would end up just like the president. Or worst, he might end up not seeing the next day anymore. "Calm down!" Minho said with his voice now tuned down low.

"SHUT UP YOU STUPID FROG!"

"Don't speak to Minho like that!" Key defiantly said to him. This kid had the guts to call Minho in such name? Only he was allowed to do that.

"Why ?? What would you do!?" Taemin dared.

"WILL YOU TWO STOP!?" Minho yelled. As much as he wanted to stay relaxed, how could he put off such demeanor when these two people beside him weren't cooperating? Thankfully, class hours past a while ago and no one was there to witness it or else it would cause a huge commotion. "cant both of you just be on good terms even just once!?"

None of them answered but the tension had not gone low. Of course, Minho was asking for too much - he didn't even ask for them to be friends. But somehow, the thought was just so impossible at the moment.  Good terms? That would be the last thing to happen in this world ; probably never even.

They were still eyeing each other in so much rage when Key decided to take a deep sigh. He looked at Taemin in disgust and said, "Being with you means hell. You will destroy us. You will destroy Minho. Why don't you just take a leave out of our lives?"

At that time when Minho's name was mentioned he stopped. He stopped thinking about anything aside from what Key had said: you will destroy Minho. He wondered what the other had meant, but he realized that maybe it was indeed true. This day had been too long for him. So many things happened. So many things changed. Just a while ago he had a stranger who was known to be his father in front of him, abusing him verbally and emotionally. He was wrecked. He tried to swallow all the possible hatred that may come out of his mouth because what was the purpose of telling it all anyway? His father never cared - what difference could it make now? And suddenly, Minho appeared out of nowhere and faced the old man with courage - something he never did. He protected him and even made his stand. The man was there and made him brave enough to say he no longer needed the old man.

Choi Minho also made him cry. He made him feel how mess he truly was. He made him remember those things he tried to forget ; his step mother's wrath and all. And then the man asked to be friends - he entered his life and Taemin found himself believing for once.

And now he finds himself believing no more.

Because if so, why is Key so right? Choi Minho doesn't deserve to be with him - because he doesn't deserve the man himself. If him, being around truly means hell, then no. he wouldn't risk for Minho to suffer. No one in their right minds would let the people they cherish to suffer.

Not even him.

And so Taemin looked up to Minho and decided it was the best thing to do. "Why am I being so overworked with people like you? You're just wasting my time. I should be out of here right now but here I am, taking all this drama and ." He glared at them and turned his back to leave.

Minho was confused. Why was Taemin acting like this again?? He narrowed his eyes unconsciously and immediately walked past Taemin and stood in front of him to block his way. "What?"

"I lied." yes he did. "I just wanna see how you would react if I let us to be friends. It turns out this whole thing is pathetic." he lied again.

"...what?" Minho was bewildered with what he just heard.

"You heard that, right? You want me to repeat it again?? This whole friendship thing is just so sick." Taemin raised an eyebrows and had a smug grin on his face. "it's pathetic. You really believed it?? Aish. Choi Minho." Taemin started to walk again to bypass him but Minho strictly held his arm , this time with force.

"Do you think i'm stupid? I didn't want to be with you too, to be honest. But you know what? A real friend wouldn't believe something as stupid as that. Don't make me make you regret this Lee Taemin" The dominance in his voice was enough to send chills on Taemin's spines and if those words weren't from his friend, Key's sure he would have run away for his life. Minho wasn't like this. He was never - until now. Key also noticed how Taemin seemed to tremble under Minho's grasp after that. It was as if a child was caught doing a crime and had nowhere else to escape on. He didn't know if these were all just his imagination but one thing's for sure - Minho would never let him go.

"Fine." Key uttered. The both of them turned their heads towards his direction. Was he really doing this?

"You can hang out with us - just don't interefere with my business got it?" Key said. Upon hearing this, Minho's face beamed in so much enthusiasm. His friend had changed his mind and he didn't know why but whatever it was,  his glad that things were now easier now that Key had finally agreed. Taemin though, scoffed to this. Just a moment ago, Key was practically telling him to back off and leave. What for? Pity?

"No need. I don't really have any plans on hanging out with people like you." He swayed his hand away from Minho's grasp to continue his leaving. His fear of Minho's words was suddenly replaced by annoyance. The way Key had said it irritates him to no extent since it seemed to express pity and out of all the things in this world, Taemin hated being pitied the most. He had suffered long enough to know that it was just nothing but mock sorrow to one's misfortunes. And he would never take that.

"tch." Key grunted. Taemin's pride was lingering again. "I'm not doing this for you moron!"

Maybe yes, he really did love Minho so much for him to do this. Making him choose crept into his mind but he ignored the thought because he knew it'd never be his game to play. And of course, he may not be able to bear the result of his action. He admit, he wanted to know who weighed more in the man's heart - he wanted to know who's been there all along .. but he realized it is too soon to ask, maybe Minho didn't even know it himself yet.. And as long as Minho remained oblivous to it, Key still had the chance to take him away. And by doing so, he shouldn't let him out of his sight. Sounds evil?

Taemin was left fazed by Key's sudden retort. I see. He averted his gaze back to Minho, who in turn, flashed him a sincere smile while Key turned his heels and took his leave,

"That guy.. cherishes you a lot." Taemin said as he watched Key's back slowly fading away.

"Of course! We're bestfriends. I cherish him as much as he does"

Do you? Taemin didn't know why but it felt like something pang him within as he tried to drift away the idea from his head.

"Taemin.. stop it." The once goofy smile on Minho's face vanished and turned into something serious. "You can lie yourself to everyone.. but not to me. Don't worry. You will never ruin someone like me." Minho said with a reassuring tone in his voice, assuming this is the reason for the younger's sudden change.

i'm already ruined enough.

Taemin stared at him in awe mixed with suspicion . He wondered how this man could easily read him.. but one thing wasn't still clear to him.

"Why?" he asked.

"..Why?" Minho repeated.

"Why did you have to do that?"

Things registered immediately into Minho's mind. Why did he have to make Taemin be with them?

"Because a real friend wouldn't let his friend alone. I want you to be with me always, Taemin." He said and put his hand on top of Taemin's head lightly, disheveling the unkempt hair just like how he usually did to tease his friend. Taemin only stared at him, these kind of intimacy was new to him just like how his hands were held safely into Minho's. He then, pondered why his heart changed its pace and he felt heat rising up.. And thinking back at what happened a few moments ago, Minho had truly stood by his side. They had not known each other for too long, heck he only learned to opened his heart this morning -- but something was telling him that what he's doing wasn't wrong.. and that what he was feeling is in its rightful place.

And as Minho turned his back to him, Taemin felt his lips curbing into a genuine smile.

 

 

***

 

 

Few days had passed and everything seemed to get a lot more easier with Taemin's presence - what happened the day after the incident between Taemin and Key was exactly how Minho thought it would be; his friends (Jonghyun, Amber, and the others) were all shocked and confused when the kid was with him and joined them for lunch. Same went for the rest of the students in the cafeteria along with Taemin's used-to-be colleagues , or just how Minho put it. Silence and uneasiness filled the air as Jonghyun watched Taemin's action and his - well, ulterior motives. And Amber just couldn't get herself to look at him straight in the eyes. It was awkward really. Key was slightly irritated and still is whereas Minho remained as how his usual self.

He knew his action might bring so many changes - it already did. But how else could he help Taemin if he had him out of his reach? Jonghyun then, asked "what the hell is he doing here!? Donghae hyung's gonna-"

"Relax." Minho said as he put his hands on his friend's shoulder just to calm down the latter. "I've talked to him. He's not gonna do anything"

Jonghyun stared at his friend for a second and took a deep breathe. "That's not the case Minho. You don't know him enough! How are you sure he's not gonna do anything to us?? Have you forgotten what he did to the president!?" . Jonghyun didn't buy his assurance.

"But you don't know him too. Please hyung, just give him a chance. I'll take care of him."

Jonghyun sighed in defeat. At first, he couldn't believe the fact that Minho had accepted the favor of looking after Taemin. He was too worried because he knew the possible implications of this to his friend. He also knew that the others from their team wouldn't like the idea. However, he let it all go thinking his friend wouldn't have to stay close with the king anyway. There was nothing to fret about - but now's indeed a different case. Taemin's going to be just right there - right beside his friend and them. Minho no longer needs to watch him from afar because the kid's gonna be guarded up by Minho the whole time. But then, as he looked directly to his friend's eyes, he knew his words would mean nothing. He breathed out all his worries away and said, "Alright."

 

 

 

There was a slight change as days passed by. The discomfort was gone somehow, and his friends could now make small jokes and have fun even if Taemin was there. Unfortunately, things had not changed for Taemin. He was shallow and silent all the time. Key had noticed this so one day he made a small - insulting - joke just to test Taemin. Again.

"I wonder why you look so girly? You must've undergone a reconstructive surgery just to look like that.. Why?.. You prefer guys?" There was a teasing tone by the end of his statement and Jonghyun and Amber jolted for a moment. Minho wasn't there and they didn't know what to do if something happened. They prayed though, that nothing would.

Taemin didn't respond but he was surely displeased by what he had heard. Key was quite astonished because of this. Did this arrogant bully really change? Normally, Taemin would have strike back a retort and play an unpleasant attitude.

"Y-yah! Key.. that's really rude.." Amber stuttered.

"Rude? It's just a joke between friends.. he wants to be one isn't he?" Key said with his eyes fixated upon the slender figure across the table.

"Key, Minho wouldn't like what you're doing right now." Jonghyun said.

"He's not here anyway! And besides, I just wanna know if he really does prefer guys ov-"

"And if so?" Taemin cut him out, turning his full attention towards him, "If I say yes, what will you do?"

The three were stunned. Taemin surely bit his bait, though he didn't really have any intentions to do so - he just couldn't because this guy's annoying him too much, "aren't I supposed to be asking you that question.. ?"

Key froze. What was he trying to say? "...what do you-"

"Hey guys!"

Taemin smirked. Minho was currently on his way back to their table with a tray of dishes and drink in his hands. He approached them and noticed the tension so he asked, "what's going on?" as he took his seat beside Taemin.

"Nothing really. I just wanna tell Key that.." His eyes traced the feline's face, "I don't really share my possessions with anyone else."

And with that Key realized, what he had said had taken its toll on him.

 

 


 

SURPRISE!

 

SORRY FOR THE DELAY OF THE UPDATE!!

THIS FIC IS SO EMOTIONAL AND DRAMATIC AND CONFUSING.

AND FOR THAT I AM SORRY. I'll try my best to 'write' happier and fluffier chapters next time. Please bear with me!!

 

ME THINKING WHAT TO WRITE NEXT:

 

what do you guys think?? Shamelessly asking for comments/opinions loool

YES.