0.1 - Minho's POV

The Bullying King [M]

THE KING OF BULLYING

 

 

It was a year ago.

I was kicked out of my school for defending myself. It wasn't my fault. It was theirs. I had tried my best to enroll to other schools, but none of them accepted me.  Even with all my achievements, no one dared. Because my former school wasn't just a school. It was built for chosen people, for the talented students with innate potentials. For those who can write: those who can truly express range of emotions through words, those who can act and dance all the said writings and put them into new forms, those who have great voices, those who can create art, those who are intelligent: with minds playing to every case of logic and philosophy, those who are deemed high and elite in the society, and then those who are physically strong and active: athletes. One could say that being in that school is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Those who go there, been there, will be there are considered highly remarkable for passing. And unfortunately, those who were thrown out are now regarded as a disgrace. Because for them to kick someone out, there must be really something wrong with that student.

So now I ended up going to the school where I least wanted to enter the most. It wasn't really that bad, majority of the people were nice, the faculty members were highly appraised somehow. The campus was big enough: there was a parking lot, thank God. there were 2 gymnasiums, one located at the back of the school and from what I had seen, they barely used. Then the other was at the east wing, I thought it would probably collapse soon. They had three buildings that were merged together through bridges. The cafeteria was nice and the needed facilities like the library and laboratories were sitting still at the edge of the campus. It was truly nothing like the previous school I had, but from what i'd seen, I could survive here. It's not that the school wasn't good. Maybe not just good enough for me. I've been to the best and being here wasn't really my choice. No one accepted me. I had to continue my studies. I just had to get through it - and get over it.

Not until I found out what laid beneath this school's not-so-good reputation. I knew the kids here were really not 'into' studies. But there was something more.

 

Bullying.

 

It was really something I shouldn't be surprised at, afterall, this kind of horrendous act has been existing for many years. Even in histories they do. People using strength to control and intimidate those who are weaker, forcing them to do something they don't want to do. But maybe it was just in may nature. I loathe those who treat people as if they were insects or worse. I hate seeing people being harassed, pushed, or kicked. It was always a distasting sight for me. My nature had me into trouble once. Maybe it will never leave me now. Indeed there were so many bullies out there and yet, I had never seen something like that. Something worse than that. It was horrible I couldn't explain how. But if you could just see it through your eyes, you'd know what I mean.

Peole said I was lucky. But truthfully, I was just thankful that my father forced me to play soccer when I was a kid. Damn, I hated tripping onto dirt, running on the field. But that was before, back when I enjoyed playing hide and seek best than indulging myself into serious sports. The great thing about being an athlete was this 'privilege'. You know how people see you like you're some sort of cool kid, and everyone's cheering up on you? Like, yeah, you're not the smartest one but you're definitely the strongest or the fastest. I don't know. We, athletes, just have this image we can't escape from. Unless of course we ruin our own selves. And at this school, athletes had this so-called protective gear. And the rule was, "don't touch us and we will not touch you back".

There was this fine line between everyone, and us, and bullies.

But this 'gear' wasn't something anyone could avail. And being an athlete wasn't some sort of an easy task. Like for example, I've trained almost my whole life just to be a soccer player. And I've been through nights of distress and early mornings of exhaution just to be a member of the team. 

 

On each days I went through, seeing a regular student being made fun of irked me to no extent. Sometimes I found myself walking toward these tyrrants, only to be pulled back by a friend. Then I saw myself standing before the faculty, I guess I wanted to report all those treacherous people making treacherous acts. But at the end of the day I did nothing. I must be a hypocrite then.  

 

 

A very loud scream echoed across the hall. It immediately resounded and took the attention of the people eating within the vicinity. I was there too. It was past four in the afternoon and we were able to take a few minute break. Because of his studious appearance (with that highly buttoned shirt like he was some sort of priest, and huge glasses- I wondered if he could still see), I already knew who he was. The school nerd. He was well known as the main source of answers , the creator of their projects, their savior when they had examinations but other than that, he was his  'target'.

He was being brutally punched and kicked, yet he made no move to fight against their actions. He was just looking down, trying his best to hide his tears due to his embarrasment and pain. No one tried to stop the commotion. No one was trying to help.

Everyone was looking as two huge men pinned him against the wall. The sound of bones being clashed at the sturdy bricks made those who were peacefully having their meal jolt for a second. I had always wanted to help him, and try to save him from them, but everytime I tried to, my seniors would just pull me away and stop me, saying, "Don't. it's best not to interfere"

- What!?

Specks of blood could be seen through his white uniform, his eyes were swollen, his lips had a cut; but everyone was just watching. They were all scared. Scared to be the next victim of the devil trapped inside the body of a young man.

He was called - The Bullying King.

 

"Please, p-please dont...I have already given everything!" he pleaded.

A young man took a step forward, his shirt wasn't buttoned well and his hair was bleached in blond. He had tiny cuts too (right below his left eye, and on his lips) but they couldn't overshadow the fact that the kid was a rare piece of beauty and he was somehow intoxicating enough. As he strode, he took his right hand out of his pocket and used it to yank the nerd's hair in a very harsh manner.

"LIAR." A strong sound of slap went next.

"I- i'm not lying!!" The poor man said and the the blood started to roll down from his nose. He was begging and looking at him with scared eyes. But it didn't affect him at all. He beckoned one of his 'followers' to come over , he whispered something and made him go.

"You really dont have money huh?" he asked once again with an eyebrow raised. 

"I dont! i'm telling you the truth!!" the nerd answered immediately. As if, if he didn't, he'd get himself in big trouble. Like this trouble wasn't horrifying enough already.

"My, my, what a waste of time... don't you think? but we shouldn't let that happen!" he looked at the poor young man with a smug grin on his face, "Should we sell your things?"

Suddenly, a man returned with the nerd's bag and possessions.

"do you see this?" he lifted the bag upto the nerd's face.

Upon recognizing it despite his blurry vision, he started to panic, "n-no-no! please don't!!"

"I'm seriously going to ing sell this and its contents!" The young man warned, his eyes barely showing any mercy, his heart was an empty one.

"no....please..."

"Shall we take a look what's inside?", He pulled the zipper open, turned the bag upside down and had its entire contents spilled. "hmmm.. nothing worth to sell..ha! what about this one? your phone? " he showed the phone to his victim and mocked him with a smirk.

"Please! my brother worked so hard to buy it for me.." the nerd begged.

The bullying king continued on rummaging inside his bag, looking for secret compartments. His emotion suddenly changed after seeing what he was looking for. His eyes widened in amusement and disbelief.

"AHA! you bastard.. saying no money but what the hell is this!?" He took the cash out of the bag and showed it to the nerd. "Isn't this money?? it's money right?" 

The nerd gasped and tried to remove his arms from being held by the bullying king's follower.

"you liar...."

"NO!!! PLEASE DONT TAKE IT!!! IT'S FOR MY FATHER'S MEDICINE! dont!!!!!"

The bullying king did not show any emotions. instead, he smirked at him. "dont worry.. i'm going to use it wisely. okay?" he said.

he turned his heel, leaving the poor nerd with nothing.

 

None of the teachers came. no one informed them. If someone ever did, that person would regret it forever.

 

I didn't understand why. With such a small frame, how could he control these people?

There was nothing to be scared of him. Except his eyes.

Those hazel irises that resembled that of a green when sunlight passed through it,

Those eyes were beautiful, yet , full of sadness. Full of hatred.

The way he looked at you would feel like his tearing your soul apart.

His eyes... in some sort of way, were deadly.

 

 

The bullying king,

his name

was..

Lee Taemin.

 


A/N : A very short one for the first chapter!! thanks for reading and subscribing to this story! I hope you'll see 100 dollars on your way home xD