When Wendy Was Being Selfish

And What About Tinkerbell?

The next day, Shin Hye took a bath in the bathroom of her room. Her spacious room can already be a pad by itself. As she scrubbed her silky arms, her chest tightened.

 
Yong Hwa may have claimed to have Seohyun as bestfriend, but the way he held her last night was...meaningful.
 
 
"Please remember me..." she thought as tears fell down her eyes.
 
****
 
As she got out of the room to cook breakfast, she met Yong Hwa, who also got out of his room. He looked at her in confusion before pointing a finger at her.
 
"Jeo~~~" he started.
 
"Please do not let it be like '50 First Dates,'" Shin Hye prayed silently.
 
Then a smile lit up Yong Hwa's face.
 
"Park Shin Hye," he said to her.
 
Shin Hye smiled coyly before replying. "So, you remember me?"
 
Came Yong's fast reply, "Geurae! You cried on my chest last night, and I had to carry you inside your room."
 
It was a consolation that he remembered her even if the memory was just about last night.
 
"Eodi ga?" he asked.
 
"I'm cooking breakfast," she replied.
 
"Hajima," he told her. "I paid Jong Hyun to cook breakfast."
 
Shin Hye was taken aback, knowing that Jong Hyun was never one for household chores.
 
"Jong Hyun-ssi or Min Hyuk-ssi?" she asked for clarification, knowing that Min Hyuk was the most responsible among the guys.
 
"Jong Hyun," was Yong Hwa's sure reply. "His girlfriend Yoo Jin stayed here the whole summer last year to help him learn how to cook... or so he said."
 
"So he said?" was Shin Hye's confused statement.
 
"Ne. He said his girlfriend came here last summer, though I barely remember it," came his sad reply. "Everything about Jong Hyun, I remembered only after a year."
 
Shin Hye sighed. She could not believe that a certain Yoo Jin came in just to help Jong Hyun learn how to cook. Hyukkie was probably the better cook, so why hire a girlfriend?
 
"I'm going down to the kitchen and help cook," Shin Hye informed Yong.
 
"If you say so," he replied.
 
He followed her downstairs as she made her way to the kitchen.
 
****
 
Jong Hyun did not allow Shin Hye to help because he was also trying to impress her with his cooking. Not that he was pumping up his pride to impress her. He was just wanting to show her that he can be independent. And so, Shin Hye had to content herself in setting the table.
 
"Uhm, Yong Hwa... do you have some free time today?" she asked him.
 
"Uhm... Seohyun-ah might be here after breakfast," Yong Hwa said.
 
It broke Shin Hye's heart, but she persisted.
 
"Is it all right if we wait for her under the apple tree near the barn?" she asked him.
 
"Arasseo," Yong finally gave in. "I will introduce you to her."
 
Jong Hyun smirked because he wanted his hyung to slowly get to know his bestfriend whom he had forgotten.
 
"Annyeong!" Seung Ho piped in as he came in the kitchen. When he saw Shin Hye, he smiled. "Oh, Noona, you are already here?"
 
"Ne, Seung Ho-ya," Shin Hye confirmed.
 
"Hyung," Seung Ho said to Yong Hwa. "Since Noona is here, why don't you go on a date?"
 
The three others looked at him.
 
"Date?" Yong Hwa and Shin Hye echoed.
 
"Of course, they can," Jong Hyun replied to Seung Ho. "They're single, after all."
 
"Geurae!" Seung Ho said before flashing his badboy smile.
 
"Seung Ho-ya, I will be dating your Seohyun-noona soon," came Yong Hwa. "You know that."
 
Shin Hye was crestfallen. What did that Seohyun feed Yong Hwa, anyway?
 
"Ara, geunde... it is still at a later date," Seung Ho said, trying to push his cousin away from Yong Hwa. "You and Shin Hye-noona can still go on a date later today."
 
"Geurae, no one will get hurt, geureohchi?" Jong Hyun told Yong Hwa as he plated the anchovies.
 
Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye, who was supressing her emotions.
 
"I guess, no one will will box me for dating you this day, right?" he asked her, his voice trailing.
 
"Ah.... namchin eopseo (I have no BF)," Shin Hye said, her heart aching as she said that.
 
"So, what's the problem?" Min Hyuk asked after coming in the kitchen. "I overheard your convo and cannot help but comment."
 
"Nothing," Yong Hwa said, unsure of himself.
 
"If there is no problem, why are you hesitating?" Min Hyuk asked. 
 
Yong Hwa showed an apologetic look at Shin Hye and told her, "Geureom, let's stay under the apple tree, just as you wish."
 
Shin Hye smiled, knowing that her chance had come.
 
*****
 
It was a fine morning, and the two sat under the shade of the apple tree.
 
"You told me last night that you and a friend will be meeting," Yong Hwa asked her. "When will you meet him?
 
"Uhm... around this noon," she lied. She lied because she knew she had met the person she was looking for.
 
"Introduce him to me as well," Yong Hwa told her.
 
"You know him," Shin Hye said.
 
Yong Hwa straightened up and looked at her with bright eyes. "Geurae? Who is it?"
 
"It's just Jung Shin," Shin Hye lied, then cringed mentally. She had to call Jung Shin and drag him home no matter what. Or add more lies, whatever.
 
"Oh, I really know him, haha," was Yong Hwa's reply.
 
Shin Hye cursed herself and sent an emergency text message to Jung Shin, telling him she came home. Fortunately for her, Jung Shin was on his way to the manor for the reunion. As for Yong Hwa, he was admiring the light passing through the leaves when his peripheral vision caught sight of Shin Hye looking at him, so he turned to his side.
 
"Wae geurae?" he asked tenderly.
 
Shin Hye's eyes glimmered as she looked at him, but she wiped her tears.
 
"Nothing," she sighed. "I just... I just find it hard to... "
 
"To what?" he asked.
 
"Nothing."
 
"Oh, come on, Shin Hye, we are already friends," Yong Hwa coaxed her. "After you cried so hard last night, there is no more secrets between the two of us."
 
Shin Hye looked at him sadly.
 
"Is it about Jung Shin?" Yong Hwa asked. "Did you find it hard to say some things to him?"
 
"Ani, ani... It's not that..." she came back with, unsure on how to explain herself. "Nothing's wrong with me and Jung Shin... it's just..."
 
"Just what?" Yong Hwa asked, hoping she'd tell him the truth.
 
Shin Hye stared at him, trying to gather her thoughts. She wanted to tell him everything, to reveal to him who she really was to him, to tell him that he was the main reason she came home, not Jung Shin, not anyone else.
 
"Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa asked as he held her hand.
 
The spark of his touch had her tongue-tied that she was not able to utter a thing.
 
"Gwaenchanha?" he asked. "If you need to cry, I can offer you my shoulder... or my chest again."
 
"Yong... Hwa..." came Shin Hye.
 
"OPPA!!!!!" an irritating voice pierced through the air.
 
When the two of them looked ahead, it was Seohyun, waving, holding a picnic basket. The girl in question came near, and looked at Shin Hye, who was wiping her tears.
 
"Omona, did the two of you fight?" Seohyun asked.
 
"Ani... she was just... uhm, telling me her problem," Yong Hwa lied for Shin Hye.
 
Seohyun's eyebrow shoot up the skies before she let out a fake smile.
 
"By the way, Seohyun-ah, this is my new boarder, Park Shin Hye. And Shin Hye, this is my bestfriend, Seo Joo Hyun. Just call her Seohyun."
 
"Bangawoyo," Seohyun said, faking interest.
 
"Jeo do. Bangawoyo," Shin Hye said dryly.
 
"She came from Hong Kong, and ditched her internship for a year to meet an old friend," Yong Hwa said to his fake bestie.
 
Seohyun had a hunch that the 'old friend' Shin Hye wanted to meet was Yong Hwa, and by all means, she had to act to avoid the two 'meeting' again. So, she pricked Shin Hye's bubble.
 
"Oh poor you, Hong Kong must really be tough," Seohyun taunted in a geniune way.
 
"Not at all," Shin Hye came back with. "Hong Kong's a great beauty, and so is Macau. And the gondola rides are certainly for the rich and famous."
 
"MWO?????" Seohyun asked in anger, knowing that Shin Hye never liked her ever since.
 
"Seohyun-ah," Yong Hwa called in attention. "There is nothing wrong with what Shin Hye had said, right?"
 
Seohyun fumed as she looked at Shin Hye, who gave out a triumphant look. Of course, Seohyun was never in the Elite Pranksters to begin with, her family, compared to Yong Hwa's and Shin Hye's, was just middle class, and she will never belong to their circle no matter how much she tries to poison Yong Hwa's mind. And Shin Hye knew it.
 
"All that I am saying is, the gondola is not something that everyone can get to enjoy, not even me who is just a simple girl staying in Hong Kong as a student," Shin Hye came back with. 
 
Yong Hwa apologized to Shin Hye because Seohyun already came, and he had go with her. As Yong Hwa stood up, Seohyun pulled him so that the two of them can walk away to wherever they will be going.
 
Shin Hye's fists came together, angry at the ordeal. She had to act fast. She had to.
 
 
 
Tinkerbell died in Peter Pan's memory, but Wendy should not hide that memory away from him.
 
 
 
~~~~
 
So, what will Shin Hye do?
 
Please vote for the poll that I posted so that you can have a say on what our YongShin couple will do. ^_^
 
 
 
~~~~