Just The Two Of Us

And What About Tinkerbell?

Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye with a contented smile on his face. Shin Hye was happily the dripping ice cream from her cone when her peripheral vision caught sight of Yong Hwa.

"Wae?" she asked innocently.

Yong Hwa smiled as he wiped some messy ice cream from the corner of her lip.

"Did we do this often in the past?" Yong Hwa asked her gently.

"Sometimes," she said. "With the boys."

Then, she pointed to his ice cream.

"Are you gonna eat it or what?" she asked him. "It's starting to melt."

Yong Hwa placed the creamy treat to his mouth and his ice cream in haste, hoping that none of the ice cream dripped to his hand. Shin Hye looked at him contentedly, happy to see him enjoying his ice cream. After Yong finished his ice cream, Shin Hye finished hers. 

"Mmmm... mashisseo," Yong Hwa proclaimed contentedly. 

Shin Hye also reciprocated his act by wiping some ice cream from his lips.

"Kyeopta," she crooned.

Yong Hwa held her hand after she wiped his lips, and because of that, Shin Hye blushed. Yong Hwa looked at her again with his signature sleepy gaze.

"Shall we do this again?" he asked her.

"Ne... ne. Why not?" she told him, doing her best not to feel conscious.

"What shall we do next?" he asked her as his thumb absent-mindedly carressed her hand.

"Uhm... uhm... we go ride on bump cars!" she replied hastily.

She grabbed his hand, and they ran inside a building in the theme park to the bump cars section. Shin Hye went to the ticket booth to buy some tickets. Afterwards, she and Yong Hwa queued behind some kids. The brats were looking at two grown-ups too old to be playing with bump cars, so they teased the two.

"Noona and Hyung are going on a date," one fat kid with a deep voice said to his friends.

"Yeah, and Noona and Hyung look cute together!" the one with spiky hair ala Naruto piped up before showing off an annoying grin.

Shin Hye just smiled at the kids and told them that she and Yong Hwa are just having a good time.

"There's nothing wrong with adults riding cars, is there?" she told them.

"Yeah, but this is for kids," the third skinny child replied.

"But our hearts are kids," Yong Hwa told them, earning some laughs. "Mwo?"

Shin Hye looked at her date with an apologetic gaze.

"Never mind, Yong," she said to him lovingly. "They're just kids."

"Ara."

"Geunde, Noona and Hyung are really on a date, geureohchyo?" the fat kid announced again.

"Ne," came Yong Hwa's confident reply, making Shin Hye blush. He was a bit annoyed with the kids already, especially the grin of the Naruto-lookalike kid.

"We will beat you, Hyung!" the Naruto kid said before pulling out a tongue. "Merong!"

"Noona, watch us beat Hyung!" the skinny kid told Shin Hye.

"But she's riding along," Yong Hwa said to the kids.

"Yong, don't mind them, they are only kids," Shin Hye whispered.

"Ara!" came Yong's slightly agitated reply, making Shin Hye giggle. "Mwo?"

"Kyeopta~~~," Shin Hye said as she pinched his cheeks.

"Hihihihi," the kids laughed before being chided by the attendant.

The attendant collected the tickets, and led everyone in, where the kids all ran to choose the best cars. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye chose the last two cars, and they drove off just like the rest of the kids. Naruto boy chose to irk Yong by attempting to bump into him, but Yong Hwa's reflexes were faster--as if he knew how to drive a car. Ever since his accident, he had never driven a real one, though he had a license.

"Errrrrrhhhh, I will beat you, Hyung!" Naruto boy threatened.

But he was catapulted forward when Shin Hye's car bumped into his.

"Noona!" he complained. "Why did you bump me?"

"This is a bump car, babo!" shouted the fat boy.

"Don't say bad words!" Shin Hye chided the fat boy before smiling back at the Naruto boy.

"Awwww, Noona smiled at me," Naruto boy smiled like crazy before attempting to make another show. He maneuvered his car to bump Yong Hwa's car, but Yong Hwa evaded. 

Despite the limited space of the area, with ten players driving around, all the other kids, Shin Hye included, were bumping against each other, but Naruto boy and Yong Hwa were chasing without bumping the others. Naruto boy wanted to beat Yong Hwa and show Shin Hye that he's good, but Yong Hwa fared better.

And finally, the skinny boy bumped against his friend, the Naruto boy.

And their time for the game ended.

Naruto boy and his friends groaned because they still wanted to play, but the queue outside was horrendous. Yong Hwa held Shin Hye's hand, much to the annoyance of Naruto boy. Shin Hye giggled again because her friend was super irritated at a mere boy.

"Are you jealous?" she .

"Aniya!" he reacted.

He looked at Naruto boy with a smirk before going away, holding Shin Hye's wrist.

"Hyung must be a very jealous boyfriend," the fat boy said.

"Yeah, that he is," the skinny boy said.

"Hmph! Hyung is a show-off!" Naruto boy complained.

"You have a crush on Noona, geureohchi?" the fat boy teased his friend.

"Ani!!!!" Naruto boy said to the fat boy.

"Let's eat ice cream," the skinny boy said.

****

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye toured the theme park the whole day and enjoyed the freaky and scary rides. Later on, they went to a movie house where there are certain rooms to view movies of your choice. They selected "Death Bell" starring Kim Bum, and paid for the movie.

"Room 5 will be vacant in ten minutes," the receptionist said to them.

"Do we watch movies often too?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ne," Shin Hye said. "It was Min Hyuk who had the penchant of going here and dragging us along, and choosing horror movies."

So the two of them waited for ten minutes for their movie to start.

****

Inside the movie room, Yong Hwa was getting sleepy, and so was Shin Hye. Despite the scary things that had happened to the students, especially when students were attacked by a psychopathic unknown unless the questions were answered correctly, the two of them looked at the screen blankly.

"I'm sleepy," Yong Hwa announced in a whisper.

"Na do," Shin Hye responded.

Yong Hwa held her hand and let her lean on his chest before her hair. He rested his chin on her hair and asked.

"Did we do this often too? Was I this sweet?" he asked her.

Shin Hye's heart ached. No, he was not sweet to her, he was sweet to Seohyun.

She wish she could lie. She said she could say yes, but she had to be honest.

"Ani. You were not sweet to me," she said. "You treated me like one of the boys."

"So, I was sweet to Seohyun, then," he murmured.

"Ne," she said bitterly. And within herself, "And I hated it."

Yong Hwa wrapped his arm around her and closed his eyes.

"If I was not sweet to you in the past, perhaps, give me the chance to be this sweet to you tonight," he whispered.

Shin Hye's heart throbbed as she heard his confession. Her cheeks even burned when he kissed her hair. Yong Hwa indeed is getting sweet!

"Shall we just go home now?" Shin Hye begged.

She no longer wanted to see the students being chased by the disembodied voice, and all she wanted to do was to swim on her bed.

"Let's," Yong Hwa replied.

So, the two of them stood up to go. The two of them boarded the bus back home.

"What shall we do next?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Jung Shin loves to sing a lot," Shin Hye said. "We'll go to the noraebang next."

"Shall we go... just the two of us?" he begged her.

Yong Hwa looked into her eyes, begging her for a yes. And Shin Hye could not resist those sleepy yet begging eyes, wanting her to say yes.

"Ne... let's do that tomorrow," she promised.

Yong Hwa smiled, leaned forward to her, and kissed her on the cheek. Then, he leaned back and thanked her.

"Y... Yong," Shin Hye murmured before watching him sleep in his place.

 

~~~~