Chapter 1

My Life Is Secretly A Movie

 

A/N: This is a really short update. I don't really have anything much to say about this chapter :P

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

"Tiffany."

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Hey Fany-ah!"

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Miyoung!"

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Mushroom!"

 
 

"..."

 
 


"What's wrong with this girl?"

 

 

Yuri sighed audibly, tired of trying to get her best friend's attention. There was nothing left for her to do but to use the last resort. Sure, Yuri might end up getting a few bruises from Tiffany, but it was the only option left. And Tiffany wouldn't be pleased with it.

 

 
 

"HWANG MIYOUNG THERE'S A BUG ON YOUR HEAD!"

 
 

Tiffany suddenly jolted out of her chair and began jumping up and down while screaming in fear.

 
 

"AAAHHHHHH!!!! BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE BOELLE!!!!"

 
 

Tiffany continued jumping while flailing her hands over her head, trying to get rid of the imaginary bug.

 
 

"GET IT OFF! GET IF OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!"

 
 

Yuri bit back her lip, trying so hard not to laugh at the scene in front of her. But she couldn't hold it any longer and ended up laughing hysterically while pounding the table loudly.

 
 

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

 
 

Tiffany stopped jumping and looked at Yuri with a confused expression that soon turned into an angry one.

 
 

"KWON YURI!!!" Tiffany scowled. "How could you prank me like that! Did you honestly think that it would be funny seeing your best friend jump around and look like a total idiot?!"

 
 

Tiffany soon regretted asking the question after Yuri took another look at her and laughed again.

 
 

"YESSS! It was REAALLLYYYY funny, Fany-ah! You should've seen your face!"

 
 

Tiffany frowned angrily and began to hit Yuri's arms with such surprising strength.

 
 

"Ouch! Yah! That hurts, Tiffany!"

 
 

"Serves you right, you childish prankster!" Tiffany scoffed.

 
 

"Hey! I didn't mean to prank you like that. I was just trying to get your attention since you've been zoning out for the past twenty minutes!"

 
 

"No I haven't!" Tiffany replied defensively.

 
 

"Yes you were! I was watching you! You even had a smile on your face the whole time!"

 
 

Tiffany looked away flustered, and stammered a reply, "T-that's not t-true!"

 
 

"You at lying, Tiffany." Yuri rolled her eyes and scoffed. "So what's the reason behind your smile? Or should I say, WHO?" she smirked.

 


"I don't know what you're talking about, Yuri."

 
 

"Stop playing dumb, Fany-ah. You've been smiling to yourself a lot lately since that brunette who ordered caramel coffee this morning left."

 
 

"Whatever, Yul. Let's just go back to work."

 
 

"No way, Fany-ah! I'm your boss in this cafe and I am ordering you not to go back to work just yet! Not until you tell me about that coffee girl!"

 
 

"What's there to tell you about? I don't even know her name!" Tiffany replied, getting annoyed.

 
 

"Oh? Then how can a total stranger make you smile unconsciously so much?"

 
 

"I..." Tiffany thought about it for a moment before sighing out a reply. "I don't know."

 
 

There was a few seconds of silence before a smirk slowly crept up on Yuri's lips.

 
 

"You like her, don't you?" Yuri teased playfully.

 
 

A faint blush didn't fail to creep up in Tiffany's cheeks as she looked away flustered.

 
 

"N-no I don't! You know that I'm straight and that I don't want to fall in love! Besides, I just met her and she's just another customer who happened to order in this cafe a few hours ago. I probably won't even see her ever again!" Tiffany retorted back, her voice, a little louder than usual.

 

 
 

"Okay! I get it! No need to be so defensive, Tiffany! I was just teasing you. Sheesh!"

 
 

"I am not being defensive!"

 
 

"Yeah, sure. You're just being in denial." Yuri replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes again, earning another slap on her arm from Tiffany. "Alright! I give up! Now you're just being agrressive!" Yuri pouted.

 
 

Tiffany stuck her tongue out at Yuri and went back to work while the latter followed her and got back to work as well.

 
 

---

 
 

"Now remember Jessica, you're famous back in San Francisco but not here in Korea. But there still maybe others who would recognize you while we're shooting this movie. Don't worry about that though, I already hired some bodyguards to be on a lookout and handle the situation if ever that happens. Also, there's somethi- JESSICA! Are you even listening?"

 
 

"Hmm?"

 

 

Jessica looked up lazily from her cellphone where she was currently playing Temple Run 2, and stared at her manager.

 
 

The petite girl with short blonde hair had her arms crossed against her chest as she eyed Jessica with furrowed eyebrows.

 
 

"Were you saying something, Sunny?" Jessica asked in a bored tone.

 
 

Sunny sighed in annoyance as she mentally face-palmed herself.

 
 

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just reminding you about some important things that you need to know." Sunny said sarcastically.

 
 

"Mm, kay." Jessica replied without a care and went back to her game.

 
 

"Why are you even playing right now? Shouldn't you be reading the script?"

 
 

"I already read it."

 
 

"That fast?"

 
 

"Yep."

 
 

Sunny raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Really?"

 
 

"Don't believe me?"

 


"No."

 
 

"Then try me." Jessica challenged.

 
 

"I'd rather not."

 
 

"How come?"

 
 

"Because I know that you can act it out perfectly whether or not you read the script."

 
 

Jessica smiled. "You know me too well."

 
 

"I should. I've been working as your manager ever since you started your career as an idol. And as your manager, I am commanding you to get your lazy off your chair and go to the van where Taeyeon is waiting for you right now."

 
 

Jessica sighed and grumbled as she paused her game and pocketed her phone. She got out of her trailer along with Sunny and walked towards a van before entering it. Taeyeon was sitting on a chair that had the word Director printed across it while reading a few pages of the script. She looked up for a while as she heard Jessica and Sunny enter the van and smiled widely.

 

 

"Ah, Jessica! Glad to see you here. We're about to start shooting in a few minutes. Have you already read the script?" Taeyeon asked as she waved the papers she was holding.

 
 

"Yeah." Jessica replied as she and Sunny sat on a couch across from Taeyeon.

 
 

"Good. Now, I'll run you through a few reminders before we begin to shoot the next scene."

 
 

Taeyeon cleared and held up her fingers to enumerate.

 
 

"First of all, follow the script. We'll guide you through it while you're acting. Just ad-lib when something comes up that isn't written on the script. Next, remember that you're just acting, Sica. You don't really love Tiffany but you need to look like you do. It's also  important that you make Tiffany believe it too. Now lastly, and most importantly, make sure that she doesn't figure out that this is all just a set-up for a movie. Did you get all of that, Sica?"

 

 
 

"YEEEESSSSSS!!!" Jessica suddenly exclaimed.

 
 

"Woah! Calm down, Sica! You seem too excited to start acting." Sunny said.

 
 

"What? Oh. No, I was just so happy because I finally topped my highest score!" Jessica cheered happily as she shook her cellphone in the air like a trophy.

 
 

Taeyeon and Sunny face-palmed their selves at the same time.

 
 

"Aish..."

 
 

---

 
 

It was already 5 o' clock in the afternoon, meaning that it was closing time for the cafe.

 
 

"You going home now, Yuri?" Tiffany asked as she approached the girl.

 
 

"Yup. I have to attend an important dinner with my parents and a family friend of theirs."

 
 

"Oh, let's go now then."

 
 

The two girls collected their things and went outside to lock up the cafe. They were already about to leave when a few drops of rain suddenly began to fall from the sky and hit the hard pavement. It soon started raining gradually.

 


"Huh. That's certainly unexpected. The weather was just fine a while ago." Yuri said as she scratched her head in confusion. "Will you be able to get home, Fany-ah?"

 
 

Tiffany smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah. I brought my umbrella with me."

 
 

Tiffany opened her bag and searched through the variety of items, looking for her foldable pink umbrella. But after a few moments of searching, an obvious frown was starting to form on Tiffany's lips as her eyebrows furrowed and met in the middle.

 

 
 

"Aish! Where is it? I swear that I put it in here this morning..." Tiffany muttered under her breath as she continued to ransack her bag.

 
 

"Is it missing?" Yuri asked.

 
 

Tiffany looked up at the girl and pouted. "Yeah. I can't find it anywhere in here."

 
 

"Well, I'd lend you mine if I had brought it today. But I could drive you home if you want though." Yuri offered.

 
 

Tiffany smiled but shook her head. "No, Yul. It's alright. I wouldn't want to be a bother to you. Besides, your parents must be waiting for you for that important family dinner. I'll just wait here for the rain to stop."

 

 
 

"Are you sure?"

 
 

"Yeah."

 
 

"Okay then. I'll be going now, Fany-ah. But call me if you need anything."

 
 

"Okay." Tiffany smiled and bid her friend goodbye.

 
 

Yuri walked over to her car that was parked outside of the cafe, got in then drove away.

 
 

Tiffany sighed as she hugged herself and watched the rain, waiting for it to stop. Tiffany looked at her watch and frowned. If the weather kept on raining like this, it would soon be late and dark outside. It would be unsafe and dangerous for Tiffany to go back home.

 

 
 

Tiffany looked around the area, trying to find any signs of the rain stopping. But instead, she was slightly surprised when she saw something in the distance that stood out in the grayness of everything else.

 
 

It was a yellow umbrella. And under it was a person who was walking towards her direction. Tiffany had to squint hey eyes and make sure that she wasn't just hallucinating. But as the person with the yellow umbrella neared Tiffany, she knew that it wasn't just her imagination playing with her.

 
 

The same brunette from the cafe that morning stopped in front of Tiffany and looked at the girl.

 
 

"We meet again." the brunette smiled.

 
 

Dugeun dugeun.

 
 

There it goes again. Why does my heart beat like this every time I see her?

 
 

"You shouldn't be out here while it's raining you know." the brunette said. "Are you heading home?"

 
 

It seemed like the brunette still had the same effect on Tiffany since the girl could only nod her head, afraid that she might stutter again if she tried to speak.

 
 

"You don't have an umbrella?"

 
 

Tiffany shook her head.

 
 

The brunette chuckled then held her umbrella over Tiffany's head and smiled sweetly.

 
 

"Share with me then."

 
 

Tiffany wasn't even able to protest as the brunette took her hand and pulled her along under the umbrella.

 
 

They were standing so close together that Tiffany could smell the brunette's sweet vanilla scent every time she took in a breath.

 
 

"I'll walk you home, alright?" the brunette told Tiffany with a smile.

 
 

Tiffany only nodded again shyly.

 
 

"Where do you live?" the brunette asked as they began to walk together, not letting go of Tiffany's hand.

 
 

Tiffany gulped, unsure of what to answer to a question that required her to speak.

 
 

"H-house..." Tiffany stammered dumbly.

 
 

The brunette laughed at Tiffany's reply. It wasn't a mean laugh though. It was more like of a child's laughter. And to Tiffany, it sounded soft, gentle, and harmonious  Like a special song that was sang only for her, and only that her ears can hear.

 
 

"That's nice to know. I live in a house too." the brunette chuckled. Tiffany blushed and flustered due to embarrassment.

 
 

"I m-meant that I live in a house n-near here." Tiffany replied, stuttering less.

 
 

"Ah, I see." the brunette replied with an amused smile.

 
 

They continued to walk in silence, along with sound of the pitter patter of the raindrops as they hit the wet pavement. Jessica and Tiffany passed by an ordinary ice cream truck that was parked nearby, unknown to the latter that there were four individuals inside it. Taeyeon, Sunny, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon were inside the ice cream truck, watching the different TV screens of the hidden cameras that captured Tiffany and Jessica at different angles and followed their every move.

 

 
 

"ROCKY ROAD!" Sooyoung suddenly yelled inside the ice cream truck.

 
 

"Sooyoung, the van isn't even moving." Hyoyeon said as she rolled her eyes.

 
 

"No! I meant ICE CREAM!" Sooyoung exclaimed happily as she held out a container in front of Hyoyeon's face.

 
 

"Sooyoung, this isn't a real ice cream truck! The props and design team only made this studio van to look like one. Now put that thing down! It might be a fragile camera lens or something!" Hyoyeon scowled at the tall girl.

 

 
 

"Since when did camera lens have chocolate ice cream, fudge, nuts, and marshmallows in them?" Sooyoung asked as she opened the lid and showed the contents to the shorter girl.

 
 

"It may be just a prop." Hyoyeon frowned.

 
 

Sooyoung just shrugged as she whirled a spoon out of nowhere and took a scoopful of ice cream into .

 
 

"Then give my regards to the props and design team and tell them that they make the most delicious Rocky Road ice cream prop that I ever tasted!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she ate another scoop.

 
 

"Where did you get that anyway?"

 
 

"In the freezer that you assumed to be just a prop." Sooyoung pointed with her spoon while Hyoyeon took a look inside it curiously.

 
 

"Sweet! They have Double Dutch!" Hyoyeon grinned widely as she took out another container.

 
 

"GUYS! We're kinda working here, remember?" Sunny reminded the two who were enjoying their ice cream.

 
 

"Oops!"

 
 

"Sorry, Sunny!"

 
 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon went back to their seats and looked at the monitors that hung on the wall of the van.

 
 

"So, did anything happen yet?" Hyoyeon asked as she ate a scoop of her ice cream.

 
 

"Nothing much." Taeyeon sighed. "Try to get them to interact with each other. You know, more fluff."

 
 

Sooyoung nodded and pressed a button on the microphone attached to the table that was wirelessly connected to Jessica's hidden earpiece.

 
 

"Sica, introduce yourself now to Tiffany."

 
 

Jessica heard the message then looked at Tiffany with a smile.

 
 

"I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Jessica, by the way. And your name is Tiffany, right?"

 
 

Tiffany was surprised that the brunette knew her name.

 
 

"How did you know?" Tiffany asked curiously.

 
 

"Oh that? I read it on your name tag at the cafe this morning." Jessica replied.

 
 

"You did?"

 
 

"Act cute." Taeyeon said through the earpiece.

 
 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and pouted like a little kid. "You must think that I'm a stalker now huh?"

 
 

Tiffany looked away shyly, seeing Jessica pout cutely only made her heart beat twice its normal pace.

 
 

"N-no I don't." Tiffany replied.

 
 

Jessica laughed melodiously. "Aww! You're so cute when you become so shy!"

 
 

She thinks I'm cute? Tiffany thought in her mind, unconsciously bringing up a smile to her lips.

 
 

"Good. Keep going." Taeyeon urged.

 
 

Tiffany looked back at Jessica as the older girl smiled sweetly at her.

 
 

"I like you, Tiffany." Jessica said bluntly with a huge grin.

 
 

Tiffany looked away again, trying to hide the blush that was starting to form in her cheeks.

 
 

Why am I blushing? Pabo! That's just Jessica's impression! She obviously meant that she only likes you as a person! The girl scolded herself in her mind.

 
 

"That's good, Sica. Just continue with the script and act sweet."

 
 

Jessica chuckled and pulled Tiffany closer under the umbrella.

 
 

"Stay closer to me. You'll get wet under the rain." Jessica said as she held the umbrella more on Tiffany's side.

 
 

Tiffany looked at Jessica and saw that a part of the brunette's shoulder was already getting wet from the raindrops. Tiffany frowned. Her hand suddenly held the umbrella, holding it over Jessica's side, unexpectedly holding the girl's hand on the umbrella in the process. Tiffany realized where her hand was and tried to pull it back. But her hand seemed to have a mind of its own and stayed there on Jessica's hand. The older girl didn't complain though. And Tiffany took this as a sign that it was okay and let her hand stay on Jessica's as they both held the umbrella.

 

 

"Stop at the pink house, Sica." Taeyeon ordered.

 
 

"We're here, Tiffany." Jessica informed as they stopped walking.

 
 

Tiffany looked up and was surprised when she saw her humble pink home.

 
 

"How did you know where I live? I didn't even tell you my address." Tiffany asked as she looked at Jessica curiously.

 
 

Jessica simply shrugged and smiled. "I just followed my heart and it led me here."

 
 

It finally stopped raining at that moment as Jessica and Tiffany walked into the front porch. Tiffany looked at Jessica and smiled at her for the first time. Jessica was suddenly taken aback by Tiffany's eye-smile. Tiffany's eyes got lost into two moon crescents as her smile grew wider.

 

 

I never noticed how pretty her eyes are, Jessica thought, slightly dazed by Tiffany's beautiful eye-smile.

 
 

"Thank you, Jessica." Tiffany said sweetly.

 
 

Jessica finally snapped out of her momentary trance and smiled back at Tiffany.

 
 

"You're welcome." Jessica replied. "I'll be going now, Tiffany. Take care of yourself."

 
 

Jessica turned to leave but was stopped abruptly when a soft hand gently held hers. The brunette looked at Tiffany expectantly and cocked her head curiously to the side. She wasn't expecting Tiffany to do that. Tiffany was also surprised by her own actions but she didn't let go of Jessica's hand.

 
 

"What is it, Tiffany?" Jessica asked curiously.

 
 

Tiffany bit her lip, hesistant to reply.

 
 

"Is there anything wro-"

 
 

"Will I see you again?" Tiffany suddenly blurted out the question faster than she intended to.

 
 

Jessica stared at the younger girl and blinked a couple of times before an amused smile grew on Jessica's lips as she replied, "Do you want to?"

 
 

Tiffany didn't really know what to answer. She wasn't even sure why she asked the question in the first place. She just didn't want Jessica to leave too soon already. Then the thought suddenly just popped into her mind and rolled off her tongue so easily. But Tiffany nodded her head in reply nonetheless.

 


"Then dream of me tonight." Jessica said. "If you do, then take that as a sign that we'll see each other again."

 
 

"And if I don't?" Tiffany pouted.

 
 

Jessica looked at Tiffany meaningfully and smiled charmingly.

 
 

"You better do."

 
 

---

 
 

Jessica's words played like an echo in Tiffany's head as she got ready for bed that night.

 
 

"Then dream of me tonight."

 
 

Tiffany sighed and shook her head as she turned off the lights and lied down on her bed, getting comfortable under the safety of her warm blanket.

 
 

"What's wrong with me? Why does Jessica keep invading my thoughts?" Tiffany sighed frustratingly.

 
 

"Could it be that..." Tiffany thought deeply but then shook her head vigorously in disagreement.

 
 

"NO! This is ridiculous! I'm thinking too much into this. Why did I even consider the thought?" Tiffany told herself.

 

 

"I shouldn't even dream of her tonight. I wouldn't!"

 
 

And with that thought in mind, Tiffany closed her eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The first thing Tiffany dreamed of was the rain, creating a beautiful scenery as each of its raindrops fell from the big sky and on to the hard ground. There was no color in her dream as the rain continued to pour. Only a vast space of black and white. But then, a yellow umbrella suddenly appeared into the picture. And there was a certain brunette underneath it who was smiling sweetly.

 

 

Dugeun dugeun

 

 

Even in her dreams, Jessica can still make Tiffany's heart beat louder and faster.

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Nothing much happened huh?  :P Don't worry. This is just the first chapter. I'll try to write something more productive in the future chapters :D