Prologue

My Life Is Secretly A Movie

 

A/N: The idea came up into my head after I finished watching the Thai-slash-Filipino movie, Suddenly It's Magic ^^

 

 

Prologue

 

 

Tiffany promised herself that she will never fall in love. Not after witnessing her parents' failed marriage break down and fall apart miserably. And certainly not even after watching many other people's hearts get broken all because of love.

 
 

No. Tiffany is not like those people. She will not let herself easily get hurt over such a complicated matter. She will not be stupid again and make the same mistake twice. That's the reason why she never wants to fall in love.

 
 

But then how come she can hear her own heart beat faster and louder in her chest when this certain person walked through the doors of the cafe she was working at?

 
 

Dugeun dugeun.

 
 

And you want to know what's more? This person that made Tiffany's heart beat like that was a girl.

 
 

I'm straight and I'm 100% sure of it, let me tell you that. I've had ex-boyfriends to prove it. But then again, why is my heart pounding so fast the moment this brunette walked in?

 
 

Dugeun dugeun.

 
 

The brunette sat on a nearby table and picked up a menu, deciding what to order for herself. Tiffany secretly watched the girl in a corner, taking in her every detail and admiring her for her flawless beauty.

 
 

Am I staring at her now?

 
 

The brunette finally placed the menu down and raised a hand, calling Tiffany's attention. Tiffany suddenly felt nervous as she walked towards the brunette's table.

 
 

"W-what can I get for y-you?" Tiffany asked. Aish! Why am I suddenly stuttering?

 
 

"A cup of caramel coffee, please." the brunette replied in a sweet voice as she smiled at Tiffany.

 
 

Tiffany nodded and wrote down the order on her notepad as the pen wobbled with her shaking hand. She then went behind the coffee counter and started to make the customer's order.

 
 

While preparing the simple drink, Tiffany slowly looked up in the brunette's direction and saw that the girl was already looking at Tiffany with a sweet smile. Tiffany looked away flustered, making the brunette chuckle in amusement.

 
 

After skillfully finishing the top of the coffee with milk and caramel, Tiffany took the drink and went back to the brunette's table.

 
 

"Here's your c-coffee." Tiffany said as she placed the coffee down.

 
 

"Thank you."

 
 

Tiffany bowed down respectfully and went back to work, attending to the other customers. Tiffany would glance at the brunette from time to time, although she didn't know exactly why. But every time she did, the girl would already be staring at her as she took an occasional sip from her coffee.

 
 

It made Tiffany uncomfortable, knowing that someone was watching her intently. But not in a creepy way. It was more like a thousand-happy-butterflies-rejoicing-in-your-stomach kind of feeling.

 
 

The brunette soon finished her coffee and called for Tiffany's attention again.

 
 

"Is there anything e-else that you would like?" Tiffany asked.

 
 

"Yes. I'd like to see you again soon." the brunette replied bluntly.

 
 

Tiffany blushed slightly and shifted her gaze shyly on the floor. The brunette chuckled then stood up and suddenly took Tiffany's hand. Tiffany gasped a little as she looked up at the brunette, shocked by the sudden physical contact.

 
 

The brunette opened out Tiffany's palm and placed some bills on it.

 
 

"Thank you for the coffee. I really loved it." the brunette smiled charmingly.

 
 

Then the brunette turned around and was about to leave the cafe, when Tiffany suddenly called her.

 
 

"Wait! You forgot your cha-"

 
 

Tiffany wasn't able to finish her sentence since she suddenly slipped on a puddle of water that she swore wasn't even there a while ago.

 
 

She braced herself and closed her eyes as she waited for the impact to come and hit her. But it never did.

 
 

Tiffany finally noticed that her back had never made contact with the cold floor and that she was suspended in midair.

 
 

Huh?

 
 

Tiffany opened her eyes slowly and saw the brunette's face, only inches away from her own. Tiffany's body was closely pressed against the brunette's as the girl held her securely by the waist.

 
 

She looks even more gorgeous up close, Tiffany thought.

 
 

"Are you alright?" the brunette asked worriedly.

 
 

Tiffany gazed into the girl's beautiful brown eyes and saw the brunette's genuine concern in them.

 
 

"Are you alright?" the brunette repeated.

 
 

Tiffany nodded slowly and the brunette smiled as she helped her stand back up.

 
 

"You should be more careful next time. I'd hate it if I saw you get hurt." the brunette pouted cutely, making Tiffany stutter even more.

 
 

"Y-you forgot y-your ch-change." Tiffany said as she held out the extra bills.

 
 

The brunette chuckled and closed Tiffany's hand. "Keep it."

 
 

Then she smiled for one last time and left the cafe, while Tiffany stood frozen in place, missing the warmth of the brunette's hand.

 
 

"Tiffany! There's a customer that ready to order!" Yuri shouted, snapping Tiffany back into reality.

 
 

"Oh, right..." Tiffany mumbled as she went back to work.

 
 

---

 
 

The brunette kept on walking but stopped for a while to look back at the cafe that the waitress worked and smiled softly. She sighed breathlessly as she remembered the sweet taste of the caramel coffee that the girl made for her.

 
 

"I'll be back..." she whispered quietly into the wind as she smiled to herself.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"Aaaaaand CUT!"

 
 

The brunette turned around, slightly surprised, and saw that a crew of people suddenly emerged from different hiding places and busied theirselves with their respective work. She saw a girl, who was slightly shorter than her height, approach her while grinning widely and, somehow, rather dorkily.

 
 

"That was a good take, Jessica! You delivered your lines exactly how I wanted you to. And the way you caught her when she fell? Perfect!"

 
 

The brunette laughed, amused by the director's constant praises. "It was nothing, Taeyeon. I was just following the script."

 
 

"Well Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are working on the script for the next scene. Be sure to read it later, okay? But for now, you could go to your trailer and rest for a while. I'll have Sunny call you once we're ready to shoot the next scene."

 
 

"Thank you, Director Kim." Jessica replied formally, making the petite girl laugh like an ahjumma.

 
 

"You did a pretty good job on the first day of taping, Jessica. You actually had me believing for a moment that you really liked that girl."

 
 

The brunette smirked.

 
 

"I'm an actress. It's my job to make people believe in something that's just a fantasy."

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I already finished writing Chapter 1 of this fanfic. I'll just post it some time later ^^