Chapter 31.

I.. Introduced the wrong girl?!

Jonghyun's POV

The lights went off but the screaming grew louder and louder. I was still frozen in my place, not knowing what to do and what actually happened.

"Jonghyun, let's go!" I heard Onew hyung scream. He grabbed my arm and soon, Sooyoung disappeared in front of me. 

Soon, I was brought backstage, where I stood dumbfounded. I started walking with heavy feet, staring into blank space. 

"Hey, what was that about?" Someone suddenly spoke. I snapped back into reality, and there, Onew hyung stood infront of me. 

"Huh?" I asked "What?"

He rolled his eyes. "Look, I know you want to make your fake relationship look real, but keep in mind that you have a real girlfriend. What about Sekyung, what do you plan to do about her?" 

"I.. I don't know, hyung." I answered. "To be honest, I don't know how that thing back there happened."

He let out a sigh and pat my back. "You should go rest. Key and Minho are in the dressing room."

"Where's Taemin?" I asked.

"He has a special number to do," Onew hyung answered. "He's probably on his way back to the stage now."

I nodded. "Oh, okay.."

"Do you want to watch him? I'll be going to watch him, you can come with me if you want." He offered.

I nodded mindlessly. "Sure, okay.." I whispered. He walked ahead and I followed him from behind.

Did I just kiss Sooyoung? Choi Sooyoung? Girls' Generation Choi Sooyoung? Did I just kiss her? On the lips? 

I raised my hands and ran my thumb over my lips. "I did, didn't I?" I whispered to myself with a small smile. 

I shook my head. "Kim Jonghyun, you pabo!" I said and hit my head. "You have a girlfriend! A real girlfriend! Why did you have to kiss her?!" 

I made my way past all the busy people, cameramen, crew and staff. And then it hit me. "It wasn't my fault!" I exclaimed. "I told her to look straight ahead, but she didn't listen! Aish, Choi Sooyoung, you are so--"

The screaming fans cut me off, and the bright lights that suddenly . I lifted my head and realized that another number was already starting -- probably Taemin's.

I ran towards the side, watching the television. My eyes widened. "That isn't, Taemin! That' Sooyoung!" I almost shouted.

"Yeah," Onew hyung said. "This is actually her number, but Taemin's going to be the dancer."

I realized that the song playing was 'Sway.' And my jaw dropped as soon as Sooyoung lifted her leg infront of Taemin. (A/N: I dunno what do call this step. XD) 

"Y-yah!" I shouted. Everyone looked at me as I hysterically shouted infront of the television. 

"Chill, Jonghyun." Yunho-hyung chuckled. "It's just a dance." 

"But it's not just a dance!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. I pointed at the screen. "Hyung, that's a y dance!"

"Yes, it is, and Taemin's doing a good job." Yunho-hyung said.

"But hyung--" 

"Looks like someone's jealous." Tiffany noona sang. 

"I'm not--"

"Aigoo, this kid." Taeyeon noona suddenly said, hitting my head lightly. "You already kissed her awhile ago, Taemin's just dancing with her. There's no need to be jealous." She winked.

"I'm not jealous!" I exclaimed. "It's just that, the dance.. It's too.. Too y for Taemin!"

"You know, you could just say you want to do the dance with her." Tiffany noona said.

"I--I don't! Like that'll ever happen! With all the carrying and stuff. She's probably too heavy." I said, looking away.

"Stop worrying too much and just enjoy the show." Onew hyung said, making me face the television. 

I clenched my jaw everytime Taemin would touch Sooyoung. How can make the kid do that?! That like.. Illegal! 

"Hyung, why is Taemin the one dancing for her?" I asked stiffly.

"The usual dancer has a competition to attend." Onew hyung answered back.

"But why can't it be Yunho-hyung, or Eunhyuk-hyung?" I asked.

"Eitherway, you'd be jealous." Onew hyung shrugged and clapped as soon as the number ended.

"I'm not--"

Everyone clapped and the lights went off again. "Okay, everyone back on-stage please!" One of the staff shouted. 

I'm not jealous! Over my dead body! I'm just concerened about Taemin. I mean, how can they make him do that? They should've gotten a different dancer! 

We all went back on-stage to end the concert, thanks fans and bid goodbye. After the concert finally ended, we boarded the bus again, and went to have a party with Charman Lee Sooman. 

...............

Sooyoung's POV

I sat silently beside Sunny, poking my food with the fork I was holding. 

Did Jonghyun just kiss me? Kim Jonghyun? SHINee's Kim Jonghyun? Did he jsut kiss me? On the lips?

"That idiot," I muttered. "If only he answered my question then none of this would've happened." 

I was shocked when the Chairman called everyone's attention. He stood up, holding a glass of champagne on his hand. "I would like to congratulate each and every one of you here, for a job well done." He said with a smile. He then turned to me, "Especially you, Sooyoung, and--Jonghyun?" He said, scanning the area. I looked around and noticed that Jonghyun wasn't around. "Where is Jonghyun?"

"Uhm," Onew oppa spoke up. "He said he'd be going to the rooftop for some fresh air. I'll go get him." Onew oppa stood up, but stopped when the Chairman spoke.

"No," He said calmly. He then turned to me with a smile. "How about you go and get him, Sooyoung?" 

"N-neh?" I asked, surprised. "Y-yes, sir." I said and stood up. 

I left them and started climbing the stairs with my arms crossed. "Stupid dinosaur ruining my life. Eversince he started that stupid issue my life became a mess." 

I reached the rooftop and slowly opened the door. Peeking, I looked around for any sign of Jonghyun. "Yah Kim--"

I was cut off when I heard someone shouting. 

"Sekyung, please. I told you, it was--No, listen to me please. It's not what--" 

I bit my lip and walked towards where the sound was coming from. And there he was -- Kim Jonghyun -- standing on a corner with his phone. 

"It was an accident." I heard him say. "Sekyung, can you please just--hello? Hello? Sekyung?" He sighed and stuffed his phone in his pocket. 

"DAMN IT!" He shouted and kicked the wall with his right foot. I was surprised and accidentally gasped.

He turned around with a frown and when he saw me, he just looked away. "It's you." He said.

"I-I'm sorry.. I just.. The chairman.." I said and slowly started to walk towards him. "A-are you alright?" I said, reluctantly placing my right hand on his shoulder.

He nodded but sniffed. "I-I'm fine." He looked up and wiped his face. "You were saying?"

I frowned. "You're not okay.. What's the problem?" 

He looked straighed ahead as tears continued to fall from his eyes. "Sekyung got mad at me.. She heard about what happened and.. I don't know. Things just aren't working out between the two of us lately.."

I used to think that Jonghyun was the strongest member of SHINee. But now, I can see how fragile he is. And.. And for some weird reason, it makes me want to take care of him.

I held his hand. "You can talk to me about anything. I.. I may not be good when it comes to advices, but.. But I can always be your shoulder to cry on.. And if you need someone to talk to, or just someone to listen to you, I'm here.." I whispered.

To my surprise, he pulled me into a hug -- a tight one. And that's when he broke down. He started crying out loud, not saying anything. I was still surprised, but as if my hand had a mind of its own, it moved towards Jonghyun's back, caressing and patting it. 

"I-It's okay. You can cry your heart out if it makes you feel better. I'm here for you.." I whispered.

He didn't answer. He continued to cry -- to bawl. The warmth of his hug made up for the wind that was blowing towards us. And that's when it hit me -- he's drunk. I could smell the alcohol from here, and the number of bottles in front of Onew oppa awhile ago -- where Jonghyun was sitting, it was enough to tell me he's drunk.

That's why he's so fragile. That's why he can't pretend to be the strong person he usually is. 

"Sooyoung?" Someone spoke. I turned my head and saw Kyuhyun oppa standing there. "May I have a word with you?"

I stared at him for a while. I cleared my throat and nodded, pulling Jonghyun away from the hug. "I-I have to go first. You better go downstairs. The others are looking for you."

I took two steps when Jonghyun held my wrists. I turned around, surprised. "Don't go." He said. He was still sobbing, the tears were still flowing down his face. 

"I.." I said, not knowing that to do. 

"Sooyoung?" Kyuhyun oppa called again. I looked at him. 

"Please, don't go." Jonghyun called out again.

I looked back and forth between the two of them, not knowing what to do. Jonghyun looked at me with pleading eyes as those tears continued to fall, and Kyuhyun oppa stood there, impatiently. 

"Please.." Jonghyun whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not much comedy here, sorry. D8