Chapter 38.

I.. Introduced the wrong girl?!

A/N: Here's a long update to make it up to you guys! I'm sorry for updating late all the time. :c Anyway, stream this video/song right here, JUST STREAM IT FIRST. NO PLAYING UNTIL I SAY SO, OKAY? ^^ Enjoy reading! :3

~~~~~

“S-stop!” Sooyoung shouted and (with all her effort) came to a screeching halt—pulling Jonghyun so he would stop running too. The both of them gasped for air as sweat trickled down from their faces, Jonghyun even had to bend slightly with one hand resting on top of his thigh.

He looked behind him, seeing Sooyoung—who was standing up, with one hand on her hip as she too panted. His eyes trailed down to their hands, which were still intertwined. Sooyoung raised an eyebrow and looked down to see what Jonghyun was staring at, and she immediately pulled her hand away.

Jonghyun straightened up and took a deep breath. He took off his cap and fixed his hair, which slightly stuck onto his forehead—thanks to his sweat—and put the cap back on.“That was close,” Jonghyun blurted out.

“Close?” Sooyoung asked, still panting. “They saw us, you—you stupid dinosaur!” She exclaimed.

“I’m sorry, okay! It wasn’t my fault you were so noisy,” He grumbled as he crossed his arms.

“What?” Sooyoung asked, “Oh, so it’s my fault now?”

Jonghyun sighed. “Look, I don’t want to fight with you. The reason why I’m here right now—like I said awhile ago, is because we’re leaving tomorrow, and I wanted to bring you somewhere.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Well it’s not like I have a choice. We’re already here,” She said, pretending to be irritated, when in fact, she’s trying so so hard to hide her excitement. “So, where are we going?”

Jonghyun looked around. “Well, since we’re already here,” Jonghyun walked towards the bus stop and Sooyoung trailed behind quietly. A bus stopped infront of them and Jonghyun turned around, “Go ahead,” He said.

“We’re taking a bus?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and pushed Sooyoung inside. He got in too, entered 2,000 won in the cash machine and sat beside Sooyoung who was busy fixing her—Jonghyun's muffler and Key's glasses, making sure she wasn’t recognized by the others.

“Why a bus?” Sooyoung whispered, looking around uncomfortably.

“Because,” Jonghyun answered as he looked outside the window. Sooyoung followed his gaze and found herself staring at the passing cars, walking people, night lights—and then she realized how much she had missed seeing all of these. “I want you to travel as a normal person. I know how much you’ve missed this.”

Sooyoung looked down before looking at Jonghyun. “Do you always do this?”

“When I have the time,” Jonghyun shrugged. “But to be honest, I haven’t done this in a long time. And doing this again, I feel happier.”

Sooyoung nodded and looked outside the window again, amused at everything she sees.“Much more happier now that I’m with you..” Jonghyun murmured. Sooyoung turned around. “Huh?”

“What?” Jonghyun asked, looking at her with wide eyes.

Sooyoung blinked twice. “I thought I heard you say something..” She explained.

Jonghyun shook his head. “I didn’t say anything,”

“Oh,” Sooyoung answered and looked outside again. "Okay." She was sure she heard something, however—and she’s kind of hoping she heard it right.


Jonghyun hopped off the bus and looked around, grinning like a kid at a playground. “Yah, wait for me!” Sooyoung shouted behind him as she stumbled.

“Of all places, why Hongdae?” Sooyoung asked as she looked around—there were a lot of people, and the last thing she would want to happen is to be discovered.

Jonghyun turned around and smirk. “Because this is where all the food is,”

Sooyoung just stared at him, not saying anything. “Just a reminder, I did not bring my wallet. If you do not want to—“

“I don’t mind. I’m spending for everything.”

“But—“

Jonghyun ignored her and reached out a hand. “Let’s go?”

Sooyoung stared at Jonghyun and his hand. “Huh?” Is Jonghyun just.. No, it can’t be, she thinks to herself. Jonghyun’s probably just teasing her.

Jonghyun rolls his eyes and grabs her hand before starting to walk ahead, almost dragging Sooyoung. “Y-yah,” Sooyung called out. “Y-yah!”

They walked past a few food stalls. Jonghyun looked left and right, pouting as he shook his head. Sooyoung however, just stared at him—at him and their hands. Food was the last thing in her mind right now, to be honest. In fact she can’t even see anything around them. It’s just her and Jonghyun.

“Hello?” Jonghyun waved a hand infront of her face.

“Huh?” Sooyoung snaps out of her thoughts, almost stumbling backwards when she notices how close Jonghyun’s face is to hers. “W-What?” She asked as she regained her balance.

“I was asking if there was anything you’d like to eat,” Jonghyun answered—repeated. It actually surprised Sooyoung, since usually, Jonghyun would sigh or roll his eyes. But right now? No, he even smiled at her as he repeated.

Sooyoung looked away before she blushes infront of Jonghyun and her eyes spot a stall of Deokbokki on the right side. “Deokbokki,” She blurts out. “I want to eat Deokbokki.”

Jonghyun followed her gaze. “Hm?” He asked, as if he were confused. “I was expecting rice or.. are you sure?”

Sooyung nodded. Anything to stop him from looking at her. She lifted her muffler to cover her cheeks as Jonghyun pulled her behind him.

“Can we have two orders in a cup, please, ahjumma?” Jonghyun asked, smiling like a cute kid.

Ah, there it goes again. Sooyoung was glad she had the muffler—it was multi-purpose. Hides her burning cheeks, and hides her silly smile as she stared at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun let go of Sooyoung’s hand, and Sooyoung slightly frowned, as he opened his backpack and brought out his wallet. He paid for their food, threw the wallet in his backpack and took the dukbokki. “Thank you, ahjumma,” Jonghyun bowed politely before turning to Sooyoung and offering her one cup. Sooyoung took it and thanked Jonghyun with a small smile.

“Hm,” Jonghyun hummed as he walked. He shoved a piece of dukbokki in his mouth and started chewing. “Where do we go next?” He asked.

Sooyoung shrugged. “Anywhere, it doesn’t really matter..” She whispered as she ate her Dukbokki. Anywhere as long as I’m with you. Sooyoung would never thought she’d use—or think of those lines. When she watched dramas and she would hear those, she cringes, thinking how corny and cliché it sounds. But now, she realized that it really does happen to a person—thinking that you could go anywhere as long as you’re with that special person.

“Mandu!!” Jonghyun happily jumped and ran towards a stall. Sooyoung just chuckled. “How old is he again?” She asked as she trailed behind him.

Jonghyun had just finished buying when Sooyoung caught up with him. “Kamsahamnida!” Jonghyun bowed and turned around, a bag of Mandu in his hands.

“And you say I eat a lot,” Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

Jonghyun pouted again. Ugh, stop pouting, Sooyoung thinks. “I’m hungry,” He then brings out the chopsticks and pick up a piece of Mandu. He raises it infront of Sooyoung’s mouth. “Aah,”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened. “What?”

“The Mandu here’s really tasty,” He explained. “Now open up, my arms are starting to hurt.”

Sooyoung reluctantly opened , her hand below her chin just in case the Mandu falls off. Jonghyun happily feeds her the piece of Mandu and smiled at her. “How was it?” Sooyoung chews and swallow. “Great,” She answered with a smile.

Jonghyun nodded and walked away with his Mandu, and Sooyoung stood there for a while. “Was it really great or did it just taste good because you fed it to me?” She shook her head. “Yah! Kim Jong—“ She covered and looked around—thank God no one heard her. “Yah, wait for me!” She shouted and ran after Jonghyun.


“Jonghyun, I’m tired,” Sooyoung panted. “We’ve been walking non-stop. Can we take a short break from walking?”

Jonghyun looked around. “But there isn’t anywhere we could sit..” His eyes landed on one place and then he smiled widely. “Noraebang!” He shouted. “Let’s go there,” He said and grabbed Sooyoung’s hand—again—leader her towards the karaoke rooms.

Sooyoung sighed with relief as soon as she sat on the cushions. “That feels nice,”

“Sorry,” Jonghyun frowned. “I got too excited that I forgot you’re tired.”

“It’s okay,” Sooyoung smiled. “But since we’re here, you might as well use the karaoke,”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “What? No!” He exclaimed. “We only went here so you could rest.” The last thing I would like to do is mess up in front of you, Jonghyun thinks.

“Please?” Sooyoung pouted and brought her hands together—pleading. “Just one song.”

Jonghyun sighed. “Fine,” He picked up the book with all the songs and scans through. “Do you have any requests?”

Sooyoung thought for a while and shook her head. “No. You pick anything you like. You’re the one singing,”

Jonghyun put down the book and entered numbers. Sooyoung leaned back, anticipating. (A/N: Click play now! 8D) She immediately groaned when she heard the instrumental. “No, not this song,” She rubbed her temples. Jonghyun looked at her, “Why?”

“Tiffany sings this in the dorm everytime,” She explained as she closed her eyes. “It’s irritating.” 

Jonghyun smiled. “Well I’m not Tiffany-noona,” He said and brought up the microphone into his lips—he started singing. 

Sooyoung's eyes shot open as soon as she heard Jonghyun's voice. She turned her head and stared at Jonghyun—unable to say anything. With Tiffany, this song was irritating, especially the "nothing better" part, but with Jonghyun? "Irritating" would be the last word Sooyoung would  use to describe it. 

Jonghyun’s eyes were closed as he started singing—heck he didn’t even need to read the lyrics. He knew this song by heart, and eversince he heard this song, he had decided that he would sing this to his future girlfriend—to his future wife. To the person he was sure he would want to spend his life with. He didn’t know why, he didn’t know how, but the moment his eyes came across this song’s title, he punched in the numbers without second thoughts.

Sooyoung’s heart beat fast as she looked at Jonghyun. He was just beautiful—too beautiful. He was painfully too beautiful for her. That voice—the voice she had always adored. The way he’s singing right now—his emotions, his soul, he’s pouring everything into the song—and Sooyoung could hear it. She could feel it. The way he closes his eyes, not even looking at the screen once, the way his hand is resting on his chest—right where the heart is.

Sooyoung’s took a deep breath. Everything’s too painful for her—it’s painful how this man is right infront of her, how much she likes him—how much she knows she can’t have him. Sooyoung bites her lip as she prevents her tears from falling. She immediately wipes it away with her hands. You can’t cry, Choi Sooyoung.

Jonghyun opened his eyes, “Nothing better, nothing better than you,” He finished with a smile. He put the microphone down as the instrumental stops.

Sooyoung forced a smile, tears, I am forbidding you from showing yourself. Go away. She smiled. “Yaaaay!” She exclaimed as she clapped her hands.

“Here,” Jonghyun handed her the mic. She stared at it blankly. “What?” She asked.

“Now you sing,” Jonghyun explained.

Sooyoung shook her head, “no no no no no. I’m in the dancing line, not the singing line.”

“Well then dance,” Jonghyun wriggled his eyebrows as he grinned.

Sooyoung kicked him. “ert,” She stood up. “Let’s go, I’ve had enough rest.” She headed out the karaoke room and sighed as she stepped outside.

Jonghyun came out a few minutes later, crossing his arms and pouting. “You’re so unfair,”

“Where do we go now?” Sooyoung asked, ignoring Jonghyun’s whining.


Both of them did not knw where to go next, so they ended up walking and walking until they reached Han River. “Let’s rest here,” Jonghyun said as he sat down the grass and removed his cap. No one could see them here now.

Sooyoung sat beside him, removing her muffler and her glasses. “Hey, Jjong,” Sooyoung called out.

“Hm?” Jonghyun asked as he stared at the waves on the river—so peaceful, so beautiful, he thought. And the moonlight made everything even better.

“Thanks,” Sooyoung blurted out. “I.. I’ve never had this much fun in a long time.”

Jonghyun smiled, but didn’t look at her. “You’re welcome.”

They both stay silent for a while. Jonghyun just stared at the river, admiring it’s beauty. He inhaled the fresh air—the cool breeze he missed, and smiled. “Hey Sooyoung—“ He turned to look at Sooyoung but saw her head almost bobbing forward. He immediately holds her by the shoulder and chuckles quietly as soon as he had noticed that she had fallen asleep.

As quietly and as gently as he can, Jonghyun moved Sooyoung’s legs to the side so that he would be able to rest her head on his thigh. Sooyoung groans, but doesn’t wake up. Jonghyun stared at her face for a while as he supported her back, he had to place Sooyoung’s head down now, or else her neck might hurt, but something’s stopping him—those lips.

He stared at Sooyoung’s lips, blinking once, twice, and leaning forward and kissing her softly. He smiled and rested her head on his thigh. He removed his jacket and covered Sooyoung with it so that she won’t get cold before leaning back and closing his eyes.

...

Sooyoung’s eyes shot open. She turned her head and noticed that she was facing Jonghyun’s shirt. She looked up and gasped. “Wha—how did I get here?” She asked herself. “Oh god,” She whispered, thinking she might have cuddled next to him. She quietly got up, removing Jonghyun’s jacket. “Hey, I’m—“ She is silenced when she sees that Jonghyun was sleeping—or was he?

She wasn’t so sure since his eyelids were half-open. Then again, SHINee had always said that Jonghyun sleeps like this. Sooyoung smiled as she stared at him, and honestly, she had stared for quite a while now. She slowly brings up a finger and traces Jonghyun’s soft lips, tilting her head sideways, wondering how it would feel to kiss him.

“Babo,” She says. “You already kissed him.” But that was an accident—and she didn’t see that coming and she didn't even enjoy it..that much.  She slowly leaned towards Jonghyun, their lips only a few centimeters apart when she shook her head and leaned back again. “Sooyoung, this isn’t right. He has a girlfriend, and it’s not you.” She says to herself.

But then she finds herself staring at Jonghyun’s lips again. One quick kiss wouldn’t hurt..right? She looked around and when she confirms that no one was around, she leans forwards and gives Jonghyun a light peck—on the lips.

Just as she pulled away, Jonghyun’s eyelids rolled back. He blinked several times before turning towards Sooyoung. “Oh, you’re awake?” He asked.

“Damn.” Sooyoung hisses to herself. “He knew, he knew it. I’m dead. Oh god Choi Sooyoung you’re so stupid!”

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep,” He said as he rubbed his eyes.

Sooyoung stared at him. Oh, so he was asleep? He didn’t know I kissed him? “W-we should go home now,” Sooyoung stood up. “It’s getting late.”

“Y-yeah, sure.” Jonghyun stands up too and wears his cap again.

Sooyoung walked ahead, leaving Jonghyun a few feet behind as she ran her fingers through her lips several times.