Silent Tears part 1

Wedding Bouquet

 

“Tell us the truth Dong-Wan hyung. Who is her actually?”

          Dong-Wan stared at Myungsoo’s eyes straightly. He knew Myungsoo wouldn’t back up. Jaejoong sipped his wine casually, he was aware Jaejoong needed to know as well, but he didn’t know why Jaejoong seemed not affect at all. Dong-Wan played with his remain wine on his glass then put it down on the table.

          “You don’t need to know. You just need to help me, Myungsoo” Dong-Wan said in low voice.

          “Oh…. It’s that so” Myungsoo laughed bitterly.

          “Myungsoo” Jaejoong tried to talk when Myungsoo interrupted him.

          “You’re the same. What make you think you’re different? You kill her, you separate her from her life. You’re the same with them”

          Myungsoo left the room and slammed the door.

          Jaejoong was speechless, but Dong-Wan still remain in his blank face.

---------------------------------------------------------

          “Master, it’s time to go back to the mansion” Jaejoong nodded his head to his P.A.    

“Hyung, time to go” Dong-Wan didn’t say a word, he turned his back and left the cemetery with Jaejoong.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, I remind you we have agreement from now on no one will talk about ‘the girl’. Se-in is your little sister, she is your step sister and my long distance cousin from maternal side. After she heard the truth that she was not your little sister, she left the house. We tried to find her, but no avail. Days later in routine meeting of surgeon, Myungsoo heard that unknown girl with same description to Se-in got accident and gone surgery, she got amnesia because head’s injury. We went to the hospital to check on her and we found Se-in. For her past life, we will make it up. Myungsoo will know the limit, we won’t take a risk she is getting touch with ‘the girl’”

Jaejoong didn’t receive comment or answer. Dong-Wan didn’t need the reminded, he had enough experience with the rule and he wanted to safe the girl whatever it cost. Jaejoong didn’t ask the reason behind his action. Jaejoong realized how risky his decision. He never dirtied his own hand with this business, business he inherited from his mother’s family. Dong-Wan retired 5 years ago, left the position as the leader to Jaejoong. Even though he was the leader, he tried really hard to at least change the illegal business to legal one, not all he could change, but he tried. He hated his role, he had no choice if he didn’t take the position, and they would drag Myungsoo to this dark side. He couldn’t let that happen. He had realized no matter how hard his effort he was running illegal business and with their direct action to ‘the girl’ it made it more real.

Yoochun helped Jaejoong to make the story for him. His mother had no relative that’s made it easier to convince his father’s relative Se-in’s grandmother was disinherited from his mother’s family because she was married to man bellow their statues. They believed it, not to mention his father’s family had same view as well. Dong-Wan accepted the consequence; he would take responsibility if something wrong happened. He and Myungsoo signed their end with this deal. He couldn’t let Myungsoo’s career down and life in dangerous that’s why when this circumstance forced them to play safe, Jaejoong would be the one who took the blame of Myungsoo’s action.

“Thank you, Jae” He said sincerely. Jaejoong nodded.

Flashback

Dong-Wan visited Jaejoong on his mansion when his hand reached a book on Jaejoong’s table and made a brown envelope fell down and the stuff inside straggled. He took it and widened his eyes when he saw ID card, the picture and the name of the person he ever saw.

“This girl….”

“Jaejoong” Dong-Wan shouted.

Jaejoong who heard his shout ran to his study.

“Wha…”

“Where is this girl? Tell me now” Dong-Wan asked worry in his voice.

“My man …..”

“Jae, I don’t want to know what are you doing or anything about it, but trust me you’ll regret it if you hurt her. Give me the number of your man”

Jaejoong had no other choice. He gave Dong-Wan the number. Dong-Wan dropped to the couch after the conversation.

“I need you to do something for me. Consider it as favor” Dong-Wan said.

-------------------------------------------------------

They were waiting outside the wrath. Myungsoo leaned on the wall, he didn’t have shift till 4 pm that’s why he agreed to company his brother and Dong-Wan. He needed her report progress after all. Jaejoong had prepared room for her at Samsung Medical Center and got the best doctors who could cooperate assigned as her doctors, still under Myungsoo’s supervision.

Jaejoong and Dong-Wan looked up when they heard the door opened and Woohyun stepped outside from the room. He bowed politely to them. Myungsoo bowed slightly, Dong-Wan and Jaejoong just nodded as acknowledgement.

“Her external injuries were healing faster than we predicted. She still need bed rest, though” Myungsoo nodded after he read her medical report.

“I have met with your director to discussed possibility to move her to Samsung Medical Center this week. He told me I need to discuss it with the doctors who charged on her. Could you help me to arrange the meeting?”

Woohyun was about to protest. It was too fast even her external injuries were not the problem anymore, but they were not really sure about her mental stage. She didn’t talk too much just few syllables and the fact that she got amnesia didn’t make Woohyun felt easy even a little.

“Can I visit her?” Jaejoong opened his mouth. Woohyun seemed surprise, it was the first time Jaejoong wanted to visit her, not strange but Dong-Wan was the one that periodically visited her even though just sat beside her bed. Woohyun watched him for a good second. He nodded to give his permission.

“Be careful not to push her. She still needs time to remember her past”

Jaejoong smiled slightly to him.

Woohyun and the others two went to his room. It was good thing that he had no appointment and had finished his job to check his patients.

She averted her gaze from the window to Jaejoong. Jaejoong widened his eyes, but schooled his features immediately. She tilted her head to side and studied Jaejoong.

“Lily” She said quietly. Jaejoong looked to the bouquet he was holding. He took step closer to her and gave the bouquet to her that she received happily, small smile graced her face.

“Is it okay to open the window?” Jaejoong asked. She nodded, her eyes still on the lilies.

 Jaejoong walked to the window and opened it.

“Do I know you before?” She asked. Jaejoong was speechless, he supposed to lie, but ‘is it fair to lie to her?’

“We are family” Jaejoong said. She just nodded her head and held the bouquet tightly.

          Dong-Wan watched them from outside. Thin smile graced his lips.

-----------------------------------------------------

          “Someone left bouquet on Sehun’s grave” Minseok told Taeyeon.

          “Was that maybe Kris?” Taeyeon asked in hoarse voice. Minseok pulled Taeyeon to his embrace.

          “I don’t know. I don’t really know”

          Yes, he didn’t know. Really didn’t know what to believe anymore. It seemed surreal.

----------------------------------

          “If I never found Kris, it wouldn’t happen. This story will be different, at least Sehun …..” Joonmyeon’s voice was muffled on Siwon’s chest. Joonmyeon blamed himself. He was the one that came with the idea to find Kris by using police, If he didn’t think the idea from the start Sehun would be live.

          “It’s not your fault. It’s not your fault” Siwon kissed his crown head and squeezed his back.

--------------------------------

          “Do you still believe in the end it will be okay, Kyungsoo?” Lay asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo still remembered the day in the church when he told Lay everything would be okay.

          He averted his gaze from Lay to the outside. Kai was there standing in the garden. Kai didn’t say anything when they got the news. Kai didn’t cry even after the doctor told them about the autopsy. They didn’t need to ask Kai what he felt about it. No one dare to approach Kai, not because they didn’t want to, but Kai was the one who avoided them. They would pat his back and squeezed his arm; Kai nodded his head as knowledgement.

          Kyungsoo took deep breathe.

          “I wish I knew hyung. I wish….”