The Wish of The Groom

Wedding Bouquet

 

“If he loves you, he won’t hurt you, he will hold you like a diamond and treat you with respect and love” Sehun still remembers what Kai told her first time her boyfriend broke her heart because Sehun declined his demand to have with him in there 1st anniversary. She wasn’t ready that time, not when she was 16 years. She still remember how harsh her boyfriend that time, she didn’t believe he almost her. She never tells her mother, made Kai promised to never tell everyone.

Sehun looks at the mirror. Her hands hold the bouquet tightly. Kris has chosen the flowers carefully for their wedding. 

"I would love to see you carry lily and rose. Would you mind?" Sehun smiled and noded her head vigorously. Kris pated her head and returned to the their wedding planer. 

“Are you ready, Sehun?” She blinks couple time, her mother already stands behind her, her eyes teary. It’s beautiful silence for both of them. Without words they know each other feelings. Sehun turns her back till she faces her mother. She stands and hugs her.

“My daughter, now you’re adult. I can’t believe, we will hand you to men. I can’t believe my baby had already grown up” Her mother’s voice shaky.

Sehun can’t process any words from . All of words disappear from her 24 years live.

“Ehm… ehm….” They pull away. There her father is standing in the door. He smiles really wide. Her mother wipes tears stained face. She turns to her husband and nods.

Sehun walks with her parents from the dressing room. In the hallway her eyes caught the back of someone she knows by her heart. She shakes her head, it’s just plain ridiculous. They lost contact after he decided left his education in South Korea and transferred to China his home instead. She smiled bitterly, even with him she got the worst moment Sehun ever experienced, she couldn’t just forget about moments they spent together. Like everyone said the first is something you can’t forget even you tried really hard to lock your heart and mind.

“Sehun” Her mother asks her in worry when Sehun suddenly stops in her track. She blinks and gives her mother sincere smile she can manage.

“Nothing, mom. I’m okay” She reassures her parents.

“Are you nervous? Don’t be sweetheart. It’ll be the best moment you ever experience in your life. Take a breath and smile. Okay?” Her father says. Sehun smiles and nods her head.

Kris, I bond myself to you. I bond myself to you and I seal my fate as your other half

“Anyway, Kai is there first to check for everything” Sehun smiles when hears her best friend’s name. Without Kay’s helps, she won’t ever give another men chance to come to her live. And she never regrets agreeing the match making Kai did.

Groom’s room

“Wowh…. You look perfect, Kris” Lay praises. Kris just gives him a smile.

“Hei, what is with your face? Aren’t you happy it’s your wedding? come on you will be Sehun’s husband. It’s your dream, right?” Joomyeon says with smile.

“I wish Luhan can make it. He promises me, he will come. I want him to be my best man” Kris sighs. Lay pats his shoulder. Joonmyeon and Xiumin just sighs, Joonmyeon will be the best man if Luhan can’t make it. Joonmyeon has predicted this before, so he prepares two suits in case Luhan won’t be here in Kris’s wedding and replace him.

“Owh…. The deer is your problem? How could he doesn’t come? I will fly to China and kicks his ” Xiumin says and they burst in laughter.

“Thanks Xiumin, but I don’t need someone to kick my ?” Their eyes widened, they turn their head to see Luhan leans on the wall and smirks. Joonmyeon smiles, he grabs Luhan’s suit and throw it to his face.

“Hei…” Luhan shouts.

“We have no time for your nag Luhan. It’s the time, you’re the one that late so prepares yourself as fast as you can” Joonyeon smiles smugly.

Luhan goes to changing room; he can hear his friends make jokes outside. He just shakes his head.

“I don’t know I will still look this great” He smiles to his appearance on the mirror.

“Luhan, come on. The wedding will take place in 15 minutes. We need the groom to be there first, not the bride who are waiting for her dragon soon to be husband” Xiumin shouts.

“You!!!!” Kris yells and follows with the laughter.

Luhan shakes his head vigorously; he can’t believe finally one of his dorky friends will have a new live with his other half.

I wish I wasn’t that stupid that time. He sighs.

He steps outside. There he sees Kris in black suit. Luhan chuckles, Kris’ appearance is something you can believe that he is run away model. Kris suit is plain enough for Luhan, but it’s still good one. What makes Luhan really curious is why Kris needs trench coat to hide the suit in the first place. Maybe it’s something odd, but it’s cool anyway even spring so 100% forgivable. He won’t use the trench coat in the altar anyway. Luhan smiles with his smartness.

“This girl must be lucky to get Chinese god look like” Luhan jokes when they sit on the car. The wedding will take place on the church not far from the hotel. The gets inform that the bride needs more time to arrive at church.

“Love isn’t about lucky, it’s about love itself” Kris turns his head to the side.

Luhan had ever heard about Kris efforts to manage win her heart. How Kris willing to wait for her after her courses, how Kris tried to get her parents heart, how Kris spent his spare time to learn about Korean, how Kris will be the one that always in her side, how Kris willingly wait for her to open her heart even that needs years till she said yes to be his girlfriend and took another years to be here in this place.

“I wish I could do the same. I wish lust didn’t blinding me. I wish I could…..” Luhan sighs. Kris pats his shoulder. The others keep their mouths sealed.

“You must really love her” Luhan concludes.

Kris smiles as an answer.

“Boys, we are here’ Xiumin says when they arrives in front of the church. They step outside; they can see men run to their direction from the stairs.

“Hyung” His smiles disappear suddenly he stands in front of them. His body tense and he clench his fist.

“Kai, are you okay?” Kris asks of concern. He just realizes he is in front of Kris and his friends; he takes deep breathe and shows his toothy smile with little bit force. Joonmyeon flinches, he never sees Kai smiles that way, but he just ignores it.

“Ehm… Kai. It’s Luhan, he will be my best man” Kris smiles sincerely. Kai tries hard to suppress his anger, Kris never knows about Sehun and Luhan relationship and it’s clear that Luhan never tells Kris about Sehun either.

“It’s nice to meet you. My name is Kim Jongin, but I’m going with Kai. Wish we can get along” Kai gives his hand to shake. Luhan takes his hand and feels the strong grip. He pulls his hand immediately.

Joonmyeon eyeing those two but let it be, maybe it’s just his feeling that’s something isn’t right, well just feeling after all so he shrugs it off. Something he doesn’t know that Xiumin and Lay feel the same.

“Boys, I need to go to toilet first. I will back fast”

All of the guests are sitting in their seats already. It’s just for family and friends like they want. Sehun is the room on the church wait to go to the altar.

Lay watches his wristwatch. Kris takes time to longer. Joonmyeon shifts back and forth. Kai goes to toilet to check for Kris when he backs he comes with letter in his hand.

Realization downs to Xiumin. No, it can’t be.

“Sehun still can’t move on. I just want her happiness”

“Kris, you are already drunk” Xiumin said.

“Xiumin, I guess Luhan and Sehun will make great couple” Kris chuckled.

“You’re ridiculous” Xiumin shook his head. He helped Kris left the bar.

Without reads the letter, Xiumin runs to the room where Sehun is there.  Lay and Joonmyeon also Luhan read the letter and they shock with what Kris wrote.

Luhan take care her for me. Makes she smiles, makes she happy, makes she laughs. I pray for you two. I will always love you two. KRIS