Chapter 9

Complicated Fairytales

CHAPTER 9

 

 

 

 

“My queen, someone’s here.”

 

Queen Yoojin smiled as if she knew who came. She ordered her servants to let the person enter. The smile plastered on her face grew wider once the unexpected or rather expected visitor came into her sight.

 

“Is there something the queen could help you, young man?”, the queen asked as if she doesn’t know the reason why the man came.

 

Kai smirked. “I have the impression that you knew the reason why I came, my queen? I didn’t know how dumb and forgetful you are.”, Kai mocked but with a polite tone in his voice.

 

The queen suppressed her frustration towards Kai and ordered her servants to leave them alone.

 

“Alright then, if you do not want to play around then there’s only one thing to ask. Are you accepting my offer or not?”, she said with much authority obvious in her voice, wanting to show how powerful and almighty she is.

 

“Do I have any choice? You have my sister. What made you think I’ll reject the service you want me to do?”, Kai answered while his glares not leaving the queen’s.

 

It was now the turn of the queen to mock him. “I never thought how easy I can make you do something for me. I thought you are far more different from the others.”

 

“I am. I have a sister being imprisoned by a wicked queen who can cut my sister’s throat if I reject her offer.”, Kai retorted back. “I’m different from them because even though I am not scared for my own life, I am for my sister’s.”, he added which made the queen smile.

 

“I like your guts, young man.”, the queen declared.

 

Kai smirked. “So, what service do you need from me, my queen?”, he asked with a very polite tone but sarcasm and mockery is what the queen hears.

 

“I want you to kill my stepdaughter.”

 

 

*******

 

 

As Sehun opened the door of the young prince’s room, a certain worried and fidgeting Prince Luhan welcomed his sight. He sighed as he gently closed the door behind him and went to calm the young prince. He knew that ever since Luhan had his nightmare about the princess of Azure the prince seems to become more stressed.

 

“Prince Luhan, would you please calm down and have a seat?”, Sehun asked as he assisted the young prince to sit down on the bed. He caught Luhan heaved a deep sighed and looked down on the floor with a worried expression on his face.

 

“It’s about the princess again, right?” Luhan nodded his head and looked at Sehun with desperation.

 

“I need to see her. If I don’t see her as soon as possible then I’m afraid that I’d look like a walking dead because of worrying about her.”

 

Sehun knew how much the prince love the princess of Azure but he can’t do anything but to calm and assure the prince that everything’s fine, that the princess Yoona is fine because he’s just a mere servant of the prince, nothing more, nothing less. “If only I could do something, Luhan. But I can’t. Your father would not allow any of us to visit Princess Yoona because of the new queen of Azure.”

 

“I know.”, Luhan mumbled and Sehun could see the sadness and disappointment on his face.

 

But then, a knocked on the door disturbed the two guys.

 

“Come in.”, Luhan ordered and as the door opened a servant came into their view. “What is it?”

 

The servant bow to Luhan in respect before answering him, “Young prince, the king wished to see you now.”

 

Luhan sighed. “Alright, I’ll be there in a minute.”, the servant then went out and left Luhan and Sehun bewildered.

 

 

“You asked for me, father?”, Luhan asked as he slowly went inside his sick father’s room.

 

The king smiled weakly and sat up on his bed. “Yes, I did. Come; take a seat beside your father.”

 

Luhan obliged. “Are you feeling fine now, father?”, he asked in a worried tone.

 

His father smile, “Yes, I am fine now. Do not worry anymore about me, son.”

 

Luhan smiled and then silence took over the room. There was an awkward silence between the two. Ever since Luhan came back to the palace, the king felt that his son is slowly drifting away from him. Yes, they talked with each other and exchanged smiles but that is all they’ve ever done. There were nothing much. The king felt like he’s been a terrible father to Luhan that his son is slowly distancing himself to his father.

 

“Father.”, Luhan called which brought the king to reality.

 

“Yes?”

 

Luhan heaved a deep sigh before saying something. “Father, c-can I visit Yoona at Azure? I-I promise I’ll come back as soon as I’m assured that she’s fine.”

 

The king sighed and looked at anything but to his son. Luhan never felt nervous like this before. His father’s silence is something. Silence is his father’s weapon. Luhan was about to say something but his father beat him in doing so.

 

“I can’t allow you, Luhan.”

 

Luhan clenched his fist and glared on the floor, not wanting to disrespect his father, he left his father’s room with disappointment written all over his face.

 

“It’s for your own safety, Luhan. I’m sorry.”, the king mumbled as he watched the door of his room closes.

 

 

*******

 

 

Joohyun fastened her pace towards the hallway as she heads to Prince Yi Fan’s room. She stared at the door for a moment, asking herself whether to tell the prince what she heard. She sighed as she remembers the kindness of the princess. She doesn’t deserve it. She thought as she heaved a sigh and turned the knob slowly.

 

“Prince Yi Fan?”, Joohyun called as she slowly entered the room of the prince.

 

She heaved a deep sigh again as she saw the prince with its back facing her. “Prince Yi Fan, I-I need to tell you something.”

 

The prince turns around and smiled at the sight of Joohyun. Her presence always makes his heart calm, it’s far more different from what Yoona makes him feel. It was very calming and he always feels like he’s in heaven, that by just being with her makes him feel contented.

 

“What is it, Joohyun?”, then he saw something in her face; fear. “Is there something wrong? Did something happen?”, Yi Fan asked as he slowly went towards Joohyun.

 

He caressed her cheeks to make her sure that whatever it is that she’s worrying will not happen and that everything’s going to be fine. Joohyun suddenly felt her heart stopped for a moment because of the prince’s touch. Unknowingly, tears started to flow down her cheeks.

 

She was surprised to feel tears on her cheeks and was caught off-guard when Yi Fan pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight. She felt safe. She never felt anything like this before and it felt right, for her. She felt like being in his arms is where she truly belongs.

 

“Everything is going to be fine, Joohyun. Trust me.”, Yi Fan mumbled softly, trying to calm the girl in his arms.

 

Then, Joohyun suddenly remembered the reason why she’s there. She pulled away from his arms and stared at him. “Prince Yi Fan, Princess Yoona. S-she’s..”

 

After hearing his stepsister’s name, Yi Fan becomes alert. “Why? What happened to her?”, his heart now felt numbed at the thought of her stepsister being in danger.

 

Joohyun gulped and looked straight into the prince’s eyes. “T-The queen hired someone to-to kill the princess.” Yi Fan’s heart crushed at what Joohyun said. His mother wanted to kill the first person to accept and love him for who he really is.

 

 

*******

 

 

It was a very fine afternoon at the kingdom of Azure and Yoona’s staring at the sky. A dreamily sigh escaped the young princess’ lips as a depressed expression was plastered in her face. It was a very long time since she last went out of the palace and it was the time when Luhan’s still with her. The thought of that day made the young princess smile unconsciously.

 

“Yoona.” The young princess Yoona opened her eyes slowly. That voice always makes her heart beats so fast that it felt like it wants to go out of her chest.

 

“Luhan.”, she responded to let the young prince know that she is aware of his presence.

 

The young prince Luhan sat beside Yoona and rests his head on her shoulder. “Why are eyes closed when I arrived? Were you sleeping?”. Luhan felt Yoona shook her head gently.

 

“I-I’m imagining how it feels like to be outside the palace, Luhan. I-I’ve never been outside.”

 

Luhan then smiled when an idea struck him. He stood up and held out his hand, offering it to Yoona. The young princess was confused of his action. She cocked a brow, asking Luhan for answers but the young prince just smiled at her. Yoona took Luhan’s hand and stood up. Without any warning, Luhan dragged Yoona out of the garden.

 

“Are you sure they won’t notice our absence?”, a worried Yoona looked at Luhan who has a wide smile plastered on his face as the two of them strolled along the market place of Azure.

 

Luhan glanced at Yoona and gave her his sweetest smile. “Don’t worry Yoona. I already told Mr. Lee about this. He understands and he’ll help us. So, there’s nothing to worry about.”, he assured Yoona.

 

“But, Luhan, what if they-“

 

“Sshh!”, Luhan cut her sentence off as he held Yoona’s shoulders. “Let’s just enjoy this moment, alright?”

 

Yoona heaved a deep sigh and then smiled at Luhan. “Well, I guess we should seize this day.”

 

Luhan smiled and gently kissed Yoona’s forehead. “That’s Im Yoona.”

 

“I miss you, Luhan.”, Yoona mumbled as she continue to stare at the beautiful sky above her.

 

“A beautiful princess like you shouldn’t be frowning and sighing like that, you know?”

 

A deep voice startled Yoona. She turned around only to find a tall guy settling himself beside her. She had a confused look in her face which made the guy chuckled softly.

 

“I’m Kai.”. She heard the guy said. She never met him before and thought that he was a newly hired servant.

 

Kai stared at Yoona and somehow was mesmerized by how beautiful she is. He wouldn’t deny the fact that he has heard many praises about her by her sister. His sister is somehow fond of the princess because of she’s kind and beautiful; well that’s what his sister have been telling him. He didn’t know that she’s this beautiful. No wonder the queen wants her dead.

 

“Kai.”

 

He heard her mumbled his name and it somehow sounds like music to his ears. He smiled. “Yes, princess.” He saw the princess playing with the hem of her dress. He thought that maybe she was nervous because of his presence.

 

“No offend but may I ask what are you doing here?”

 

A bitter smile escaped Kai’s lips but he didn’t make it more obvious for the princess. He needs to do this, for his sister. No emotions should be allowed while he’s doing this. He reminded himself.

 

“Do you want to go outside the palace, princess?”

 

Yoona was surprised at what Kai said. It felt like a déjà vu. “What?”

 

Without any warning, Kai grabbed her delicate hand and dragged her out of the garden. He feels like Luhan. She thought as she let herself be dragged by Kai.

 

 

 

 

********

 

 

~ Good day to you, guys. I'm really really sorry for updating just now. I know that this chapter couldn't compensate enough to how long you've waited but I do hope you'd spare some time to read. I do hope yu enjoy reading. Thanks. SmileLoveEnjoy, guys. 

~ Kai. :)