Chapter 7

Complicated Fairytales

CHAPTER 7

 

 

 

“My Queen.”

 

Yoona muttered as she met the queen inside her room. She bowed to show respect to the queen which the queen just nod in response.

 

“It’s very often that my queen visits me in my room.”, Yoona began to avoid an awkward silent between the two.

 

The queen smirked. “We see each other always, my beautiful daughter. Why do you think of that?”

 

“Well, it’s just that it seems like a first for me to be alone with the queen. Is there something you need, my queen.”, Yoona explained softly. She still feels uncomfortable whenever she’s with the queen. Being with the merciless and cruel queen, which the people addresses the queen, seems very unusual for her.

 

“Well, I’m just going to ask if you’re going to attend the party of Prince Minho. I think you’re presence is expected there.”

 

Yoona heaved a sigh of relief and she doesn’t know why. “I don’t think I could come. I-“

 

“You’re avoiding to get chosen, am I right, my daughter?”, the queen wittily cut her off.

 

Yoona bit her lower lip which is a sign of being uncomfortable. “It’s not like that, my queen. But I- I think , I-“, she tried to search for the right words to say but failed. “I-“

 

“Don’t worry, Yoona. I’m not going to force you. I know that you’re not ready in getting married. And, you’re still young to get married. You don’t need to force yourself. You’re young, live your life the way you want it. No one knows when will our life ends, right?”, the queen said meaningfully but Yoona does not seem to notice the messages between the queen’s words.

 

Yoona just nod silently, glad that the queen thinks that way.

 

“I’m going now. See you around, my daughter. Be well.”

 

With that, the queen left Yoona’s room. You’re too young to get married, my daughter, but not too young to die. The queen thought evilly.

 

 

********

 

 

“Yoona!”

 

Luhan called as he woke up. He kept on sweating and it seems difficult for him to breathe. A nightmare. He thought as he continues to catch his breath.

 

“Prince Luhan?”

 

He heard Sehun as the guy went inside his room. “Are you alright, Prince Luhan?”

 

Luhan gave him an assuring smile but he somehow felt different.

 

Sehun could see through him and notices the worry in Luhan’s eyes. “You had a nightmare, again, Prince Luhan?”

 

Luhan heaved a sigh and nod softly. “About Princess Yoona?”, Sehun asked which receives a nod from the prince. 

 

Sehun sat beside Luhan. He knows the young prince very well and he knew whenever the prince needs comfort.

 

“Someone wants to kill her, Sehun. S-she’s in danger. I can feel it but I can’t do anything because I’m imprisoned here in this- this lifeless palace.”, Luhan explained. Fear and hatred filled his heart. Fear because of the fact that Yoona might be really in danger and hatred because he can’t do anything for his father doesn’t want him to leave the palace.

 

“Don’t think too much, Luhan.” Sehun comforted. “Princess Yoona is safe. Her stepbrother is there to protect her, remember? He won’t let anyone hurt the princess.”

 

Luhan sighed. Of course he knows that but he felt envious, he felt worthless. He wants to be the one who will protect Yoona. He wants to be the prince charming in Yoona’s stories. He wants to be with her every time but he can’t because he will be forever under the hands of his father, he’s the prince of Verdana and there’s nothing he’s expected to do but to be the prince.

 

He just wished that Yoona is really safe. “I hope so, Sehun. I really hope she’s safe.”

 

 

*********

 

 

“Ms. Kim?”

 

Yuri called as she went inside the library. “Ms. Kim?” She called again but the lady seems not in the library.

 

She was about to leave when she saw an invitation placed on the table. Prince Minho’s 20th celebration of his birthday. She read as she took a closer look at the invitation.

 

Unknown to her, Taeyeon comes in. The lady looked at her and noticed the paper she’s holding. “You want to come there?”, she asked curiously.

 

Yuri immediately put back the invitation on the table as soon as she heard Taeyeon’s voice. “Ms. Kim.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and took the invitation. “This is for the princess. The king of Roho wants her to come.”, she said.

 

Yuri smiled a bit. “Well, she’s the princess of Azure. She’s Princess Yoona. Of course her presence is expected.”

 

“But she won’t come.”

 

Yuri suddenly remembered what Sooyoung told her before. I think she already have a certain someone in her heart. “Because she already have a certain someone in her heart?”, she unconsciously muttered but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear it.

 

“Did Sooyoung told you something about our princess?”, Taeyeon asked curiously.

 

“That’s what she said. That the princess already have someone special in her heart.”, Yuri explained. She’s still trying to think of anyone whom the princess fell for.

 

Taeyeon noticed the curiousity in Yuri’s eyes. “Well, when the heart decides, no one can question it anymore.”, she tells her.

 

“One day, you’ll understand what the princess feels, you’ll understand how it feels to have someone special, you’ll be able to understand the true meaning of being in love.”, she said as she smiles at Yuri.

 

Yuri thought of what Taeyeon said. Would she be able to fall in love? But how? She’s just a mere servant in the palace. Who would notice a girl like her?

 

“Here, take this. The princess won’t need this. Maybe you will.”, Taeyeon said as she handed her the invitation. “I’ll leave first. Princess Yoona is expecting me. Follow what your heart desires, Yuri, okay?”, she said as she left the library.

 

Yuri looked at the invitation she’s holding while Taeyeon’s words kept on playing in her mind. Follow what your heart desires, Yuri.

 

Yuri heaved a sigh. But, what is it that my heart desires? She thought as she decided to leave the library with an unsolved puzzle inside her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

***********

 

 

 

So, I've finally updated a new chapter again. Hoping you'll like my new update. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated and welcomed. SmileLoveEnjoy, guys. :)

~ Kai :)